Sign in to follow this  
MDC

*** 2017 NBA draft lottery thread ***

For the other fans of bad basketball teams. Except the Nets, who somehow managed to be the worst team in the league without getting a lottery pick out of it.

The guy who grew up on Long Island is Mr. Philadelphia all of a sudden. Fake fan

The guy who grew up on Long Island is Mr. Philadelphia all of a sudden. Fake fan

I've been in Philadelphia my entire adult life, Fake Cop.

I've been in Philadelphia my entire adult life, Fake Cop.

Oh, so no sports until you hit your twenties? That actually makes sense. Carry on dorkus๐Ÿ‘ฎ๐Ÿป

Ill only passingly watch who the Knicks pick...which im sure they will manage to screw up or trade up for lonzo ball. Which is pretty much the same thing.

ย 

And to think they were only one pick from grabbing Curry. Unreal.

Oh, so no sports until you hit your twenties? That actually makes sense. Carry on dorkus

ย 

Sweet Jesus you are such a loser. I can't even imagine how wretched your actual life is.

The NBA hate Cubes - no way in hell we catch lighting in a bottle.

Charlotte Hornets pick 11

ย 

Needs: Backup PG, Wing Scorer (who can create their own shot), Quality Front Court Depth

ย 

Wish List:

ย 

1. Josh Jackson

2. D'Aaron Fox

3. Jayson Taytum

ย 

But they'll prolly end up drafting a big white boy like TJ Leaf or Zach Collins from the Zags.

Ill only passingly watch who the Knicks pick...which im sure they will manage to screw up or trade up for lonzo ball. Which is pretty much the same thing.

ย 

And to think they were only one pick from grabbing Curry. Unreal.

ย 

The Wolves took Johnny Flynn and Ricky Rubio ahead of Curry in that draft. And they took Ty Lawson ahead of Jeff Teague. :wall:

ย 

As for this draft, it'd be awesome if they could get lucky and land a top 2 pick and select Josh Jackson. If they stick at 6, I've seen pretty much everyone mocking Jonathan Isaac to them. Didn't really watch a lot of FSU but if that kid is decent on the offensive end and a good rebounder then he'll be a good fit for this team. The other option could be Jayson Tatum. He looks the part of a good NBA scorer. Seems a little soft though and seemed to disappear at times playing on Duke.

For the other fans of bad basketball teams. Except the Nets, who somehow managed to be the worst team in the league without getting a lottery pick out of it.

And they will.make just as good use of their no lottery pick as the Sixers have with their last few :D

Nets have 2 picks. My wish is for them to somehow package them to move into the teens and add front court help. Some of their younger guys started to show some promise last season but those younger guys are all guards and wings which is nice but ideally, the Nets need a good rebouding power forward via free agency or trade, possibly using those picks.

ย 

I would be fine with them throwing max money at Paul Millsap to play alongside Lopez.

Not sure if I want the Celtics to get the #1 overall pick. :dunno:

It doesn't really fit their needs based on projected top picks but if they do I would focus more on their need. Any "top" guy can bust

And they will.make just as good use of their no lottery pick as the Sixers have with their last few :D

ย 

The Nets will be damn lucky to get a player as good as Embiid, Saric or Simmons out of this draft! In fact I would say that's highly unlikely! :lol:

Nets have 2 picks. My wish is for them to somehow package them to move into the teens and add front court help. Some of their younger guys started to show some promise last season but those younger guys are all guards and wings which is nice but ideally, the Nets need a good rebouding power forward via free agency or trade, possibly using those picks.

ย 

I would be fine with them throwing max money at Paul Millsap to play alongside Lopez.

ย 

ย 

Not sure if I want the Celtics to get the #1 overall pick. :dunno:

ย 

ย 

ย 

1. The Nets get 1st pick, which goes to Celtics.
  2. Celtics don't need a PG, so they trade pick to Nets for their two 1s and two future 1s.
  3. Nets think Ball is better than Fultz. He is a bust.
  4. Celtics take a PG at #22 like Jawun Evans. He turns into a star.
  5. Celtics get #1 overall pick via Nets in 2019 and 2021.

ย 

I want the Celts to get Tatum. Ideally get the #1 overall and deal it to someone with a top 4 pick who wants Lonzo or fultz and pick up an additional piece

ย 

ย 

Basically we need the Chicago bears as a trade partner

ย 

The Nets will be damn lucky to get a player as good as Embiid, Saric or Simmons out of this draft! In fact I would say that's highly unlikely! :lol:

Embiid looks good when healthy but he's got some Ralph Sampson in him with those knees. Not sure what Simmons or Saric really are at this point

Embiid looks good when healthy but he's got some Ralph Sampson in him with those knees. Not sure what Simmons or Saric really are at this point

The Nets would take any one of them with their first rounder this year in a heartbeat.

NBA draft is the pits. Half the players drafted will be on a different team before the night is over.

ย 

Injured, spent years overseas, injured... plus bust Okafor... was MCW lottery?

Focking Knicks. Why do I still waste time watching and rooting for them?

Focking Knicks. Why do I still waste time watching and rooting for them?

The curse of Ewing. Lucked out to get him, nothing since.

he never won anything

He was number 3 on the evolution of man chart

Has there been a worse team to make it to the conference finals and get the #1 pick? :banana:

he never won anything

Michael Jordan kept a lot of great players from winning championships.

Not sure winning the lottery is that big a deal this year. 5-6 guys are good enough to be #1 overall, no clear cut choices. Since the Celtics are continuing to play with house money, do it by the numbers and take Fultz.

Michael Jordan kept a lot of great players from winning championships.

ย 

Took Jordan what, 6 years to win anything?

ย 

had to wait for Bird and Magic to get hurt and old

ย 

Bird won in his 1st year.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Bird and Magic were great too. Point?

Bird and Magic were great too. Point?

ย 

Jordan couldn't beat them. How can he be the greatest?

ย 

he didn't flourish until they got hurt and old.

ย 

ย 

I was responding to someone saying Patrick Ewing can't be great because he never won a championship. I said that Michael Jordan kept a lot of great players from winning championships. Ewing, Malone, Barkley, Stockton, Wilkins, Reggie Miller....

ย 

Nothing I said had anything to do with Bird or Magic. Although I know as a Boston resident, it's a requirement that you have to try to shoehorn Bird into every basketball conversation. :doh:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Ummm. You've done it again.

ย 

Magic won his rookie year. Bird won in his 2nd.

ย 

Ummm. You've done it again.

ย 

Magic won his rookie year. Bird won in his 2nd.

LOLOL So not only was his entire post irrelevant to what he was replying to, he even managed to fock that up. :doh:

ย 

Go back to bed, Edjr. Looks like another rough one. :clap:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Downgrading Jordan's greatness isn't the most solid contrarian argument you've ever made, but I'll give you credit for the effort.

Cant blame the Celtics for taking whoever they want, though I think Jackson would be the best pick for them.

So is it pretty much a foregone conclusion that the Lakers take Ball and the freak show of a dad?