Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Food you like to eat

Ok, I'll attempt to explain this. The Fulton fish market in NYC is the second biggest fish market in the world, the one in Tokyo is the biggest. When shipments of fish arrive, the buyers for the best restaurants in NYC go there and inspect the fish and pay top dollar for the best fish. The really good stuff never makes it out of the NY area. I'm sorry this upsets everyone, but its true. I hate to break the news, but rich people, especially really rich people, get better stuff than the rest of us.

Youre a small-minded blustering fool.

Ive eaten in great sushi restaurants in Seattle, San Francisco, Hell A and even Austin, Texas (mentioned already in this very thread). Ive also been very surprised at the sushi Ive found in places like Colorado.

There are seafood restaurants in the middle of the focking country that wont serve anything thats been out of the water more than 72 hours, no matter where its caught anywhere in the whole focking world.

You can do it anywhere. More likely to get it done closer to the coast but that isnt a necessity. And btw the Atlantic does not have nearly as good as seafood as the pacific, which is why they bring a lot of their sh1t over from the pacific.

I mean if Im paying 500 bucks at a restaurant in Manhattan yeah Im getting better stuff than super market sushi in des moines. Thats a given. But beyond that youre just full of sh1t.

What about Vegas? Lots of money there...Especially when someone from the GC visits.

Those fockers have plenty of mine :(

• Like 1

Youre a small-minded blustering fool.

Ive eaten in great sushi restaurants in Seattle, San Francisco, Hell A and even Austin, Texas (mentioned already in this very thread). Ive also been very surprised at the sushi Ive found in places like Colorado.

There are seafood restaurants in the middle of the focking country that wont serve anything thats been out of the water more than 72 hours, no matter where its caught anywhere in the whole focking world.

You can do it anywhere. More likely to get it done closer to the coast but that isnt a necessity. And btw the Atlantic does not have nearly as good as seafood as the pacific, which is why they bring a lot of their sh1t over from the pacific.

I mean if Im paying 500 bucks at a restaurant in Manhattan yeah Im getting better stuff than super market sushi in des moines. Thats a given. But beyond that youre just full of sh1t.

Oh, so I'm right. Thank you Worms.

Exactly. Arizona? Those old codgers need someone to mash their food up for them. Plus all the trash that live there aren't going to pay for the good stuff.

I never said AZ is a sushi mecca, I said that I'm sick of hearing that everything NY is the best. It just isn't. Enjoy your scrod sushi from the Atlantic. Maybe throw in some fried spider crabs with a side of syringes. Prepared by Pepe from Puerto Rico.

Anywhere that has enough people willing to pay for good sushi has good sushi.

People from ny and ca just like the think theyre special.

Exactly. Although I'll give CA this one; any major city on the Pacific is likely to offer top grade sushi.

I've been disagreed with by butt hurt fly over dwellers, hardly slaughtered. . But yeah, the good sushi that's from the ocean works it's way inland, to the states where it's more expensive to ship and the people don't have as much money. That's the way things usually work. Moron.

You struggle with economics. Restaurants all over the country are willing to pay market price for top fish. The reason it costs more to eat it in NY is that everything else costs more: restaurant space, required markup to stay in business, mafia extortion payments, etc.

The problem here lies with HT. He thinks anywhere but Cali an NY have absolute garbage for sushi which is 100% wrong. Those two places will have more restaurants with top quality sushi but that doesnt mean other places dont have equally good sushi. Just less in numbers. You can easily tell the difference in top quality in both the fish and the restaurant. If a city is big in the food scene you bet your ass they are gonna have a sushi restaurant that has top quality fish.

FYI I forgot who said they ate at Uchi in Austin but that place is DAM good.

I won't eat Chinese food outside NYC vicinity- I did once upstate. Once. Never again.

Youve been slaughtered ten times over in this thread. Maybe time for another new handle? :(

Shut up ambulance chaser.

I never said AZ is a sushi mecca, I said that I'm sick of hearing that everything NY is the best. It just isn't. Enjoy your scrod sushi from the Atlantic. Maybe throw in some fried spider crabs with a side of syringes. Prepared by Pepe from Puerto Rico.

Exactly. Although I'll give CA this one; any major city on the Pacific is likely to offer top grade sushi.

You struggle with economics. Restaurants all over the country are willing to pay market price for top fish. The reason it costs more to eat it in NY is that everything else costs more: restaurant space, required markup to stay in business, mafia extortion payments, etc.

You're a salesman? Wow.

I hesitate to share this with you guys because I know it will be met with harsh skepticism, but I think its important to share.

I had a filet o fish in New Orleans back in 2005. Until 3 months ago, I told everyone it was the best fish sandwich I ever had.

3 months ago, I had a filet o fish in NY. At first, I thought it tasted EXACTLY like the one I had in New Orleans. Then I remembered I was in NY, and I swear to our father in heaven that it was even better than the one I had in New Orleans.

For all you naysayers, you can go right ahead and get bent. Until you actually have fish from NY, you simply dont know what you are missing. If it was possible for me to shed a tear, I would shed one for all of you.

I hesitate to share this with you guys because I know it will be met with harsh skepticism, but I think its important to share.

I had a filet o fish in New Orleans back in 2005. Until 3 months ago, I told everyone it was the best fish sandwich I ever had.

3 months ago, I had a filet o fish in NY. At first, I thought it tasted EXACTLY like the one I had in New Orleans. Then I remembered I was in NY, and I swear to our father in heaven that it was even better than the one I had in New Orleans.

For all you naysayers, you can go right ahead and get bent. Until you actually have fish from NY, you simply dont know what you are missing. If it was possible for me to shed a tear, I would shed one for all of you.

Ive had fish in NYC. :dunno:

In fact Ive had sushi there on multiple occasions. One was some super hot trendy spot that, frankly, kinda sucked. The other was pretty good although not nearly the best Ive ever had.

Ive had fish in NYC. :dunno:

In fact Ive had sushi there on multiple occasions. One was some super hot trendy spot that, frankly, kinda sucked. The other was pretty good although not nearly the best Ive ever had.

So here is the thing. If it was not the best you have ever had, you simply were not paying enough. Better luck next time.

The best seafood I ever had was in Seattle.

You spelled Baltimore wrong

I put it this way. If the cities have been featured on cooking shows and cooking competitions like Top Chef then you can guarantee that city has good food. Fish included.

You spelled Baltimore wrong

I had some great crab in Ocean City. I'd probably get crabs in Baltimore if I messed with dem Ho's

I had some great crab in Ocean City. I'd probably get crabs in Baltimore if I messed with dem Ho's

Berthas mussels

Berthas mussels

I've been to Fells point. Had fun.

Worst BBQ is MO. Gates.

Decent steak though.

I guess if you like candy meat, Missouri is your bag.

I do prefer the Carolina style sauces over the Missouri style. I like the vinegar/mustard flavors over the sweet.

I do prefer the Carolina style sauces over the Missouri style. I like the vinegar/mustard flavors over the sweet.

opposite for me.

I won't eat Chinese food outside NYC vicinity- I did once upstate. Once. Never again.

Woo-Hop

There's a place here called Five Hapiness. I always order the #2. The waitress always repeats your order. "You wan #2?" Ya damn right I do!!!

We've got one here called Black Market BBQ Afterburn,starts out sweet and tangy and then the heat builds(thus its name).I make homemade bbq beans with it.

• Like 1

I don't know if the fish is good. But those cats are pretty damn good at throwing and catching those things.

They always show them on tv tossing fish around before seahawk games.

I don't know if the fish is good. But those cats are pretty damn good at throwing and catching those things.

They always show them on tv tossing fish around before seahawk games.

I went to that Market. Pretty cool. Then I went to the leftist bookstore across the street. This was in the mid 2000's, I can only imagine what it's like there now.

I've been to Fells point. Had fun.

How far is that from Fishtown

• Like 1

How far is that from Fishtown

Depends on which bridge you take.

I went to that Market. Pretty cool. Then I went to the leftist bookstore across the street. This was in the mid 2000's, I can only imagine what it's like there now.

Youve been everywhere huh? Or every landmark you can quickly google, anyway :lol:

Youve been everywhere huh? Or every landmark you can quickly google, anyway :lol:

Went to see the Yankees and have a friend out there. Did you think someone wouldnt go see the fish throwing? Tell me Mister hep cat, what ultra cool lounge did you find yourself in in NYC? Or did you skip Times Square. The best part of Seattle was the Air and Space museum. Got to go on an Air Force One and a Concord.

And El Gaucho is Seattle was phenomenal. We got one of those seafood towers. Incredible, and the wine was flowing that night. Great time.

Calabash fried seafood is the best. Situated along the NC/SC border its unique in taste and texture. I've lived in near proximity to the coast my whole life and never had better than a trip to Calabash,NC.

Fish cooked in Citrous juice is focking awful. Never again.

Digby couldnt tell a whopper that big :shocking:

Have you ever been to El Gaucho?

Yeah I believe so, about eight years ago

I thought it was fantastic. Also liked hot dog alley.

Supposedly we have decent sushi in Tennessee. I wouldnt know, as I focking hate sushi.

There is if you find the right place....like any type of food. Find the right place.

Frog legs are tasty. They are just tiny

again. I catch my own on this. My ex has a large park that shuts down in the fall. Right around then I go up and down her canals and the beach and I shoot giant ass frogs with a BB gun. Same as gigging. But instead of doing it at night. I can do it during the day. They lay on the bank sunning themselves.

I'm a country boy at heart. Always will be. I grew up doing this crap.

again. I catch my own on this. My ex has a large park that shuts down in the fall. Right around then I go up and down her canals and the beach and I shoot giant ass frogs with a BB gun. Same as gigging. But instead of doing it at night. I can do it during the day. They lay on the bank sunning themselves.

I'm a country boy at heart. Always will be. I grew up doing this crap.

I went up and down her canals too. Everyone did.

Calabash fried seafood is the best. Situated along the NC/SC border its unique in taste and texture. I've lived in near proximity to the coast my whole life and never had better than a trip to Calabash,NC.

Fish cooked in Citrous juice is focking awful. Never again.

Holy hell someone on here knows calabash style seafood?? Dam thats surprising. Go there all the time. They have a blue crab festival there every year and always go to it. Pretty much whatever restaurant you go to there in calabash will have good food. Most of those on the water are passed down in the family. They have guys who go out in boats every day to catch fresh fish, shrimp, crabs, etc. Last time we were there one of the boats had just came back in and they were unloading the fish. Cooks were whipping up some for some people and I was upset we had already eaten cause I wanted some of those. But 90% of everything you eat there was caught either that day or the day before.

Holy hell someone on here knows calabash style seafood?? Dam thats surprising. Go there all the time. They have a blue crab festival there every year and always go to it. Pretty much whatever restaurant you go to there in calabash will have good food. Most of those on the water are passed down in the family. They have guys who go out in boats every day to catch fresh fish, shrimp, crabs, etc. Last time we were there one of the boats had just came back in and they were unloading the fish. Cooks were whipping up some for some people and I was upset we had already eaten cause I wanted some of those. But 90% of everything you eat there was caught either that day or the day before.

Golf trip to Myrtle Beach. Local said to bypass all the touristy seafood eateries and take the short ride to Calabash.

Well worth the extra time and effort.