Sign in to follow this  
fandandy

Carrier to keep 1000 jobs in Indiana

United Technologies, Carrier's parent company, is among the country’s biggest military contractors, producing engines for the Pentagon’s most advanced fighter jets and receiving more than $5 billion annually from the federal government. That equals 10 percent of the company’s revenue.

End of Thread!

So you claimed...he improperly bribed Carrier to stay by saying he would take away a bid out contract to produce engines for the military?

Oh, so GM and Chrysler didn't take TARP funds? I assume a mea culpa is forthcoming. TIA

The funds were under the umbrella of TARP, but Automotive Industry Financing Program was a different program, and had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ARTICLE YOU REFERENCED. But hey congrats on your win.

General Motors Bailout Cost Taxpayers $11.2 Billion

http://time.com/82953/general-motors-bailout-cost-taxpayers-11-2-billion/

The Lefties are still on tilt! Priceless, what a useless bunch of pear shaped losers.

The Center for Automative Research said last year that the taxpayer bailout of GM saved 1.2 million jobs and avoided the loss of $129.2 billion in personal income in 2009 and 2010. Of the $78.2 billion the U.S. Treasury spent bailing out the auto industry through its Troubled Asset Relief Program, $58.0 billion was repaid, according to the report.

From your own link.

Care to look into more of what it did for the economy at that time? Or no?

I hope he threatened them with those government contracts. That's what I thought he woukd start doing all along. He understands leverage. Obama thought he could reason with people, and he would sway them with his charm. Soft shoe it up.

Did you forget writing this, cockgobbler?

Right after the bolded he says "If true".

Focking , can you not read past one sentence to understand the context of his argument?

Did you forget writing this, cockgobbler?

You are dumb, I focking quoted it to show that it was all speculation, hence the word "IF". You really can't comprehend anything you read. :rolleyes:

Focking ######, can you not read past one sentence to understand the context of his argument?

You are the quicker gunslinger. :thumbsup:

From your own link.

Care to look into more of what it did for the economy at that time? Or no?

Wait, the auto companies bailout was under TARP? Someone tell Honcho. But I think he's having trouble eating lunch with his foot in his fat mouth.

Wait, the auto companies bailout was under TARP? Someone tell Honcho. But I think he's having trouble eating lunch with his foot in his fat mouth.

I acknoledged the money came from there, you focking idiot. And also pointed out that your article you posted had nothing to do with the Automotive Industry Financing Program part of TARP, it was all about the Wall Street bailout. It didn't support your argument at all.

The funds were under the umbrella of TARP, but Automotive Industry Financing Program was a different program, and had NOTHING TO DO WITH THE ARTICLE YOU REFERENCED. But hey congrats on your win.

Thank you. And the article is about banks, but you obviously didn't read it, and who do you think brokered and were the middle man in those deals? You don't really think the government just cut the auto companies a check, do you? You do. Wow. Be very proud of your work here today.

Thank you. And the article is about banks, but you obviously didn't read it, and who do you think brokered and were the middle man in those deals? You don't really think the government just cut the auto companies a check, do you? You do. Wow. Be very proud of your work here today.

The auto companies aren't capable of negotiating a deal by themselves...get the fock out of here with that nonsense.

Obama didn't give 2 shites about those people. Good job out of Trump.

The government lost billions in the auto bailout. Wall Street made billions. Look it up. Start with Rolling Stone Magazines Matt Taibbi - "Secrets and lies of the bailout". We got took

BTW, genius...if your position that the Automotive Industry Financing Program, then you might want to hold off on patting Trump on the bank yet.

The auto companies aren't capable of negotiating a deal by themselves...get the fock out of here with that nonsense.

Holy wow. Yes,'I will move on. Thanks for the lol. PS. Read the article. It's very good

BTW, genius...if your position that the Automotive Industry Financing Program, then you might want to hold off on patting Trump on the bank yet.

I have no Doubt concessions were given. Sad but true.

Focking ######, can you not read past one sentence to understand the context of his argument?

Holy fock are you two dickpinchers thick headed.

I said you guys keep spouting off that it's "probably tax breaks" and don't want to give DT any love for it until the details are made public.

I made a point about your hypocrisy. You mouth-breathers turned it into "You can't triple stamp a double stamp, Lloyd".

Google- Harry Wison GM. Yeah, the hedge fund guy put in charge of the GM bailout is the one that made billions. Didn't see that coming. Damn near got on the board of directors. He did a great job of looking out for himself, not so much for the tax payer that he was supposed to represent.. Obama crony though so it's ok. His hedge fund was buying up GM stock while he was making the deal. Then he threatened them with his shares if they didn't buy back his shares at his price. Nice job. Money for nothin. Lots of money

Reports now saying that Carrier will keep 1,000 of its 2,000 jobs in Indiana; the rest will still be relocated to Mexico or just laid off.

It's unfortunate that we're at a spot now where we have to bribe companies with financial incentives to partly keep them from relocating jobs overseas. I'm not sure this is a sustainable way to keep jobs here in the US, much less bring manufacturing back as promised by Trump. Hopefully he follows through with his other promise of a 35% tariff on companies that moves jobs overseas.:thumbsup:

Holy fock are you two dickpinchers thick headed.

I said you guys keep spouting off that it's "probably tax breaks" and don't want to give DT any love for it until the details are made public.

I made a point about your hypocrisy. You mouth-breathers turned it into "You can't triple stamp a double stamp, Lloyd".

All you have pointed out is your absolute failure of basic comprehension. Nobody said "probably"* (insofar as seems reasonably true, factual, or to be expected : without much doubt). 2nd thing:

Waiting to hear details of the deal before commenting.

I heard an unconfirmed detail about the job saving story I commented accordingly. And I acknowledged twice that it wasn't confirmed ..not hypocritical at all since I did what I said I would "waiting to hear details".

Maybe you should claiming others are making statements that they never said, starting slap fights and do a little work on basic reading comprehension, you suck at it.

* Don't focking cry to me about sematics either...it's a message board, all we have to judge your post is what YOU WROTE.

Sounds like the deal is that he promised to overhaul business regulations, just as he promised he'd do during the campaign:

The deal reportedly will keep a majority of the jobs in the state in exchange for friendlier business regulations and an overhauling of the corporate tax code.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/308009-report-trump-team-reaches-deal-to-keep-1000-carrier-jobs-in-us

Seems reasonable.

Sounds like the deal is that he promised to overhaul business regulations, just as he promised he'd do during the campaign:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/308009-report-trump-team-reaches-deal-to-keep-1000-carrier-jobs-in-us

Seems reasonable.

Really, it seems reasonable to you that Carrier decided to forego 65M in labor savings for a promise that he may or may not be able to deliver on?

Really, it seems reasonable to you that Carrier decided to forego 65M in labor savings for a promise that he may or may not be able to deliver on?

Do you have any evidence to contradict that statement? I realize The Hill is a known right wing conspiracy site and all but I believe they have pretty good credibility. Or do I need to wait until MSNBC reports this before you'll believe it?

Do you have any evidence to contradict that statement? I realize The Hill is a known right wing conspiracy site and all but I believe they have pretty good credibility. Or do I need to wait until MSNBC reports this before you'll believe it?

And you have no evidence to support it. I'm going by the reasonable standard that a company wouldn't make a 65M business decision without getting something tangible, not some vague promise of "friendlier business regulations and an overhauling of the corporate tax code" and:

IndyStar

Details about the deal were scarce Tuesday night. A source, who is familiar with the plan, said state incentives are part of the deal. Sources did not specify what type of incentive package Carrier has agreed to in order to stay in Indianapolis.

Really, Strike, your "reasonable" is pretty thin by any standards and I'm guessing if the shoe were on the other foot you would be demanding a lot more proof than what you just gave us.

And you have no evidence to support it. I'm going by the reasonable standard that a company wouldn't make a 65M business decision without getting something tangible, not some vague promise of "friendlier business regulations and an overhauling of the corporate tax code" and:

IndyStar

Really, Strike, your "reasonable" is pretty thin by any standards and I'm guessing if the shoe were on the other foot you would be demanding a lot more proof than what you just gave us.

The Hill is one of the most respected political sites out there. Sorry, and I know you're still hurting from Hitlery losing, but this is a good thing. Amazing you libs can't be happy about the U.S. keeping jobs.

Reports now saying that Carrier will keep 1,000 of its 2,000 jobs in Indiana; the rest will still be relocated to Mexico or just laid off.

It's unfortunate that we're at a spot now where we have to bribe companies with financial incentives to partly keep them from relocating jobs overseas. I'm not sure this is a sustainable way to keep jobs here in the US, much less bring manufacturing back as promised by Trump. Hopefully he follows through with his other promise of a 35% tariff on companies that moves jobs overseas. :thumbsup:

Yeah cuz that won't increase the cost of everything.

The Hill is one of the most respected political sites out there. Sorry, and I know you're still hurting from Hitlery losing, but this is a good thing. Amazing you libs can't be happy about the U.S. keeping jobs.

Wow..gun thrown. I never dismissed The Hill, I pointed out that there was NO EVIDENCE or Source backing up that statement and it didn't make sense from a business perspective. You would jump all over that if it were the other way around.

As to the second statement pretty weak and sad. Just because your party leader is a thinned skinned baby who feels the needs to insult everyone, doesn't mean you need to follow lock step with him.

Wow..gun thrown. I never dismissed The Hill, I pointed out that there was NO EVIDENCE or Source backing up that statement and it didn't make sense from a business perspective. You would jump all over that if it were the other way around.

As to the second statement pretty weak and sad. Just because your party leader is a thinned skinned baby who feels the needs to insult everyone, doesn't mean you need to follow lock step with him.

it's ok man. Just go back to your safe space for a while.

it's ok man. Just go back to your safe space for a while.

Thanks for proving my point. :thumbsup:

Guess Trump was right about one thing, now that's he elected Winning is easier. :lol:

I think Obama is pretty thin skinned. Not on Trumps level, but he is. I guess they all are to some extent.

I just wanna say I approve of the insult cockgobbler

:thumbsup:

At the end of the conversation, Mr. Hayes agreed to work with Vice President-elect Pence to see what he could do.

In the end, UTC agreed to retain approximately 800 manufacturing jobs at the Indiana plant that had been slated to move to Mexico, as well as another 300 engineering and headquarters jobs. In return, the company will get roughly $700,000 a year for a period of years in state tax incentives.

Some 1,300 jobs will still go to Mexico, which includes 600 Carrier employees, plus 700 workers from UTEC Controls in Huntington, Ind. The company has plans in place to offer displaced workers employment and relocation in UTC’s aerospace business, or to provide funding for reeducation.

http://fortune.com/2016/11/30/donald-trump-carrier-deal-jobs/?xid=soc_socialflow_twitter_FORTUNE

So...it was Pence, not really Trump. 1300 jobs still leaving.

700,000 in tax incentives...see that BLS?

May still work out well...but some got way ahead of themselves.

http://fortune.com/2016/11/30/donald-trump-carrier-deal-jobs/?xid=soc_socialflow_twitter_FORTUNE

Brother, listen. I don't like this deal.

I'll tell you why.

Now everybody is going to threaten to leave Indiana to force a tax break. Monkey see......

Brother, listen. I don't like this deal.

I'll tell you why.

Now everybody is going to threaten to leave Indiana to force a tax break. Monkey see......

Not just Indiana. I don't mind incentive deals for companies to stay...and 700,000 for 1,000 jobs does not seem like that high of a price.

Good job by Pence if that is all it is.

I don't like some implications Im seeing elsewhere that there were threats of pulling contracts...don't want politicians leveraging bidded contracts for favors...

Trump made this deal over the Thanksgiving holiday. Wow, what a difference. Can't do this kind of work from the 9th hole. I guess Obama gave up after his solyndra disaster.

I have a question. What is the difference between tax incentive vs tax breaks??? Are they getting to keep more of their money or are they actually getting some kind of government welfare??

Not just Indiana. I don't mind incentive deals for companies to stay...and 700,000 for 1,000 jobs does not seem like that high of a price.

Good job by Pence if that is all it is.

I don't like some implications Im seeing elsewhere that there were threats of pulling contracts...don't want politicians leveraging bidded contracts for favors...

Yep, 1100 people will be working and paying taxes vs on the government dole. They will be spending their money in their economies too and creating more work instead of drawing unemployment and other benefits that cost the sate.

Yep, 1100 people will be working and paying taxes vs on the government dole. They will be spending their money in their economies too and creating more work instead of drawing unemployment and other benefits that cost the sate.

Agree completely. If taxpayer money is used in this manner I am absolutely and completely in support of it; while assiduously opposed to simply handing money over to worthless people who wont work.

• Like 1

I have a question. What is the difference between tax incentive vs tax breaks??? Are they getting to keep more of their money or are they actually getting some kind of government welfare??

Liberals actually believe it's the government's money, not the company keeping more of its own money.

• Like 1