Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

Finally, we have evangelical justification for private jets!

Anyone who thinks there are actual conversations with God is an idiot. Oh, and am I supposed to know who these particular two idiots are?

Anyone who thinks there are actual conversations with God is an idiot. Oh, and am I supposed to know who these particular two idiots are?

I don't think I implied anywhere that you were supposed to know anything here. I simply gave video of these clowns justifying their private jets.

Am I mistaken, or don't you live in Tarrant County? For one who does, you sure seem awfully oblivious to your local surroundings... Kenneth Copeland heads one of the largest Christian churches in the land. His ministry is a gigantic compound on the outer parts of NW Tarrant County - right off Eagle Mountain Lake. This shyster even has his own runway for his plane.

I don't think I implied anywhere that you were supposed to know anything here. I simply gave video of these clowns justifying their private jets.

Am I mistaken, or don't you live in Tarrant County? For one who does, you sure seem awfully oblivious to your local surroundings... Kenneth Copeland heads one of the largest Christian churches in the land. His ministry is a gigantic compound on the outer parts of NW Tarrant County - right off Eagle Mountain Lake. This shyster even has his own runway for his plane.

I wasn't suggesting that you implied anything. Just commenting on religion in general. And I have no idea where Tarrant County is. I do not live there.

And I have no idea where Tarrant County is. I do not live there.

Oh ok, my apologies - I thought you did for some reason or another.

''Tis easier to pass a Lear jet through the eye of a needle..."

When my parents bought their house, a 9,000 sq. Footer in a subdivision of the same, I came over to see it. They were talking to the new neighbor. He is the pastor at a megachurch, and his mansion was the tax free "parsonage" owned by the church.

My dad says, "this is our son the lawyer" (this was years ago).

He says, "uh oh, I better watch out for you!"

I looked out the window at his house, and said, "I dunno reverend, looks like you got a much better scam going than I do."

My dad barely contained his laughter. He is a pretty moderate democrat, and loves it when I Fock with all his republican friends (all of them.)

No different than those child raping catholics and their gold cups, jewel encrusted stick thingys, silk and linen robes, massive real estate holdings, huge financial wealth that makes this guys wealth look like tip money mostly built on donations from the poor. Vow of poverty my a$$.

No different than those child raping catholics and their gold cups, jewel encrusted stick thingys, silk and linen robes, massive real estate holdings, huge financial wealth that makes this guys wealth look like tip money mostly built on donations from the poor. Vow of poverty my a$$.

No argument from me there. I've stated many times my problems with the Catholic Church.... I've seen the poverty they pray on up close and personal.

But I was raised Catholic by my parents, didn't have a say.. Once I grew up and did, I got away from it.

No argument from me there. I've stated many times my problems with the Catholic Church.... I've seen the poverty they pray on up close and personal.

But I was raised Catholic by my parents, didn't have a say.. Once I grew up and did, I got away from it.

Agreed.

I went to mass with the girlfriend in the Philippines. Beautiful cathedral. Altar and back wall were gold plated. Jewels everywhere.

They passed the plate three times. And these people are poor as poor gets. Mostly because the church forbids birth control and they have too many damn kids.

They had a very quick wedding in the middle of mass. My girlfriend says if you can't afford to book the church, they will marry you at regular mass for cheaper.

I feel sorry for that girl. Her whole life she's dreamed of that day, and a bunch of random fuckstick tourists like me were there.

Greedy bastages.

Same here. My point was I think all relgions are this way.

Same here. My point was I think all relgions are this way.

Yeah. In my hometown it's the baptists. Have a church so big it has its own off ramp on the interstate. They have a sweet gym, Olympic pool, pastor makes sh!tons of cash and lives in a free mansion, all tax free.

And once a year they send some kids to do mission work in some exotic local and practically wrench their shoulders patting themselves on the back.

The rest of the time they picket Disney movies and other dumb sh!t.

I feel the need to step in a little bit here. FAR too many sweeping and frankly, ignorant generalizations being bandied about.

First off -Yeah, not a fan of organized religion at all. Second: Most of the generalities espoused herein have some basis in truth - but it's a matter of where those generalities are directed vs. where they exist that needs to be fleshed out.

What I mean is: Yes, the Catholic Church at the highest levels - especially at the Nation-State level is absurdly wealthy and is responsible for obscene abuses of power and flat out evil acts of willful ignorance. And yes, on a far more local level - especially in the past century and prior, horrific abuse (not just sexual) was perpetrated by lower levels of the clergy abusing the trust and power inured to them via their position.

However, like I said, some of the generalizations here are just flat-out ignorant. I'm sorry, but a "Pastor" like Joel Osteen, Copeland, Creflo Dollar etc. vs. a Pastor/Minister in the Catholic (Lutheran, Protestant, etc.) religion is apples to oranges.

The truth is, Catholic (since that's where I have the most experience) clergy - be it Priests, Monks, Nuns, etc. overwhelmingly live mostly very austere lives. Yes, some Priests and above in wealthy areas (Boston/NY) live pretty ostentatiously, but still, nothing like what we see with the Televangelists' and others we so often see (and have been referenced herein).

In fact, most of the Priests - at whatever level - literally work until they die. Living in minimalistic conditions to say the least. My Uncle is a Monsignor in the Church. He is 80 years old, suffers from a plethora of maladies - and most recently, is living out his days with Leukemia. Still, he travels to BFE Colo/Kansas to celebrate masses because of the dearth of new talent coming up through the ranks. - And, because it's really his only source of income.

Nuns & Monks? Live even more austerely. As for other established religions, (Protestant, Methodist, etc.), they make a more living wage, but certainly don't live in mansions with runways and private jets.

Let's face it - with very few exceptions, there is nothing like the (mostly Southern) 'Doctrine of Prosperity" televangelists. They are whom Jesus had in mind when he blasted and lampooned the 'Pharisees'.

For indeed, they ARE modern day Pharisees. The fact that they don't 'get' the joke speaks to either their level of denial, arrogance and/or ignorance.

So maybe give some folks some credit for their faith and sacrifice (no matter how misplaced you feel it may be).

Or, in other words, just because Jeff Skillin's a focking greedy, evil doosh, doesn't mean that the poor guy digging pipelines in Nebraska is too just because they're paycheck is drawn on the same bank.

The first pastor I remember met a woman. The rectory was right down from our house, so I knew early.

Best priest/guy I knew. He had to leave of course. That whole marriage thing dates back to a land grab from a pope about 900 years ago. Has nothing to do with faith. The pope didn't want the surviving spouse to get all of the property.

$100 says these ass holes voted for Trump.

Of course they did. It was either a imperfect Trump or the reincarnation of the devil.

The first pastor I remember met a woman. The rectory was right down from our house, so I knew early.

Best priest/guy I knew. He had to leave of course. That whole marriage thing dates back to a land grab from a pope about 900 years ago. Has nothing to do with faith. The pope didn't want the surviving spouse to get all of the property.

I ain't buying it. These local focks don't take their vows seriously but are extremely quick to banish to hell the guy that wants to break his marriage vow by divorcing his frigid wife.

The better analogy for priests isn’t Skilling to a pipeline digger. It is Skilling to a director spewing the same rhetoric as Skilling and having their paychecks drawn on the same bank.