Sign in to follow this  
Drizzay

Adrian Peterson traded to AZ

Nope not for a moment.

It sure does raise the bar for both Ingram and expecally for Kamara.

If you own Kamara congrats.

• Like 1

I don't think anything improves AP much. Dude needs 25 carries to do something.

Nola on the other hand just got a clearer picture.

With Zeke on bye, really needed to use Kamara as RB2, very glad it happened.

It improves Ingram and Kamara, they will be a nice duo going forward.

It's worth a shot if you are in need of RB help but I don't see this going anywhere

AP is done, hasn't done anything since 2015

RBs over 30 usually don't resurrect their careers after 2 and half seasons

Shouldn't affect Ellington in the passing game.

Don't know if anyone can run successfully behind the crappy Cardinals offensive line.

Should bode well for Kamara AND Ingram.

I don't have any choice but to take a flyer on him as my RB's are hot garbage. Murray, Crowell, Abdullah, Mack, Lacey, D'Onta Foreman, and Chris Johnson.......Reckon I'll try and dump CJ0K for him.

People who think this affects Kamara in any way need to learn the game better. it only boosts Ingram. AP was getting like 5 carries a game and offers nothing in the passing game. Kamaras role was the same with him there and its the same with him gone. This just gives a few more carries for Ingram.

• Like 1

People who think this affects Kamara in any way need to learn the game better. it only boosts Ingram. AP was getting like 5 carries a game and offers nothing in the passing game. Kamaras role was the same with him there and its the same with him gone. This just gives a few more carries for Ingram.

Except that Coach Peyton hates Ingram and always has. I think Kamara is a lot more explosive and has a LOT more upside. Ingram is servicable, but not very exciting.

I think it solidifies Kamara as a guy who'll get what we saw in week 4. In weeks 2 and 3 he had just 1 and 2 carries on top of his receiving work. Now he'll gets the 5-6 rushes a game as well. Small benefit for a guy who mostly sees receptions, but a perk nonetheless.

I do agree that Ingram is the biggest beneficiary. He was already trending up (16 and 18 touches his last two games), but now that trend is likely to become the norm. He should be a top-15 play during most of the bye weeks.

I'm amazed the Saints got something for AD. I really thought they'd just have to cut him.

Arizona...where old great RBs go to die in the dessert...

Ingram: Slight boost: Will get a few more carries.

Kamara: Slight boost: Role stays the same but will get a few more carries to spell Ingram.

Peterson: Boost: I really couldn't believe how much people were paying for Kerywnn after the DJ injury. Peterson will get his chance to show he's still got it.

Ellington: Slight downgrade: I don't think Arians wants Palmer throwing the ball 40-50 times a game. A lot more ball control with Peterson.

DJ: No change: ARZ was getting nothing out of running game. Job will be his if and when he returns and let's pray that he does!

Kerywnn Williams: DROP if for some strange reason you were still holding...

CJ0K: DROP

The AZ O-line is terrible. Vintage AP would struggle running behind it. The antique version doesn't stand much of a chance. I'll put in a small FAAB, but I'll be happy when I get out bid and see how much some spent on him.

Except that Coach Peyton hates Ingram and always has. I think Kamara is a lot more explosive and has a LOT more upside. Ingram is servicable, but not very exciting.

This is true but Ingram is still a beast...

One would think Ingram would get those carries but because the saints hate him... you really never know.

Truth be told, they'd have been better off trading for a couple of offensive linemen. Seems that's what the weakness of the team was. Square peg in a round hole never works out.

He has only been getting like 4 touches a game. Hopefully all 4 go to AK

Wow I'm surprised.

I mean, if AZ wanted him why didn't they just sign him when no one else had?

But conditional pick so I guess they're probably not gonna lose anything here. N.O. obviously just wanted him gone - he was causing problems as we saw in that little sideline spat

Wow I'm surprised.

I mean, if AZ wanted him why didn't they just sign him when no one else had?

But conditional pick so I guess they're probably not gonna lose anything here. N.O. obviously just wanted him gone - he was causing problems as we saw in that little sideline spat

With a healthy David Johnson they had no need to sign him.

agreed 100%.

This helps Ingram more than anybody else in that offense.

He has only been getting like 4 touches a game. Hopefully all 4 go to AK

Yep this really affects nobody. Depends on flow of game. But AK gets better every week

agreed 100%.

This helps Ingram more than anybody else in that offense.

AP brought in because of Ingram and AP got kick to the curb because Kamara. That's a huge vote of confident from the Sean Payton to Karama, and it is a negative for Ingram going forward regardless.

• Like 2

Like an injury was impossible?

They were up against the cap and believed their cheaper options sufficed as plan B's. Peterson had no interest in playing as an emergency plan B role, he wouldn't have wanted to come when Johnson was healthy.

AP brought in because of Ingram and AP got kick to the curb because Kamara. That's a huge vote of confident from the Sean Payton to Karama, and it is a negative for Ingram going forward regardless.

I think it's a misread of the situation to call the departure of Peterson a negative for Ingram. Ingram has 42 carries so far and Kamara has 15, with no real trend discernible except that both guys got more work when AD was cut down to 4 carries in London. This is a move to get to a backfield that can run or receive regardless of personnel, without a need to manufacture touches for a back who doesn't really fit the system.

Did anyone else get the feeling that the Saints were the make a wish foundation for AP and just signed him out of charity? No one wanted him, they felt bad, and decided they would give him few carries a game because they felt bad for him. Then the Cardinals rang the phone and reminded the Saints that AZ is the only place old washed up RB's can go to have their career die quietly.

Like an injury was impossible?

So you would wanna pay Peterson to be the highest paid backup in the NFL backing up a top 3 RB who stays on the field all 3 downs? Injury is not impossible but that seems ridiculous.

Did anyone else get the feeling that the Saints were the make a wish foundation for AP and just signed him out of charity? No one wanted him, they felt bad, and decided they would give him few carries a game because they felt bad for him. Then the Cardinals rang the phone and reminded the Saints that AZ is the only place old washed up RB's can go to have their career die quietly.

LOL

"AP traded to AZ" is a better thread title.

I had it as AD traded to AZ, but Mike changed it on me. AD over AP, because AD is his actual nickname.

So you would wanna pay Peterson to be the highest paid backup in the NFL backing up a top 3 RB who stays on the field all 3 downs? Injury is not impossible but that seems ridiculous.

I dont know, last I heard David Johnson was gonna miss at least another 4-6 weeks and possibly more.

My fear is that this means David Johnson misses more time than they initially thought.