Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

How 'Bout them Packers!?!

interesting video on the Packers offensive lineman holding technique :mad:

They have to feel pretty good about themselves for coming up with a legal pass protection technique that the rest of the league is copying.

They have to feel pretty good about themselves for coming up with a legal pass protection technique that the rest of the league is copying.

True, but if you watch the video you'll also see some traditional holding going on the wasn't called. I'll bet that when the rest of the league does catch up, they'll (Cowboys) be called for holding. :D

PUCK THE FACKERS!

True, but if you watch the video you'll also see some traditional holding going on the wasn't called. I'll bet that when the rest of the league does catch up, they'll (Cowboys) be called for holding. :D

PUCK THE FACKERS!

Are the refs traditionally biased against the Cowboys? I honestly have no idea. Raiders are the only team, off the top of my head,that I know of that get screwed pretty hard by refs consistently. Doesn't mean there aren't more, I just don't know.

interesting video on the Packers offensive lineman holding technique :mad:

Been saying this for a long time. The Packers don't get called for holding and they do it most of the time. Hard to beat the refs too.

• Like 1

Are the refs traditionally biased against the Cowboys? I honestly have no idea. Raiders are the only team, off the top of my head,that I know of that get screwed pretty hard by refs consistently. Doesn't mean there aren't more, I just don't know.

Only when they have a drive going, or can win a game in GB ( see Dez )

Down goes Rodgers.

Sign Tony Rono away from CBS ?

over my dead body! :lol:

Funny.....I just came here to post that Rodgers is too old and fragile, should retire, clearly Hundley deserves to be the starter. :wall:

Well its not like anything is gonna change for the packers. They will go to the playoffs and lose in the first or second round like they always do. Right now, they might just lose sooner

Report in that they've already reached out to Kaepernick's agent.

Better off trying to lure Romo and let the next team worry about Kaepernick.

Report in that they've already reached out to Kaepernick's agent.

If that happens Im no longer a fan.

• Like 1

If that happens Im no longer a fan.

McCarthy has already said he's going with Hundley. They drafted him and he's been in the system for 3 years.

A bunch of random sports writers brought up the possibility of Kaep.

So, Aaron Rodgers walks into A. Barr

now we get to see what a great coach McCarthy is, I hear it so often

• Like 2

Expect Brett Hundley to sign a huge contract somewhere next year.

Matt Flynn :doublethumbsup:

one of the other times China Rodgers got hurt

So, Aaron Rodgers walks into A. Barr

:lol:

Matt Flynn :doublethumbsup:

one of the other times China Rodgers got hurt

Prior to 2017 he had only missed 9 games in 9 seasons.

Prior to 2017 he had only missed 9 games in 9 seasons.

Always hurt or complaining about something.

remember when he was limping around in the playoffs (after the play) was fine during the play.

Diva

remember when he was limping around in the playoffs (after the play) was fine during the play.

Diva

Oh ok :rolleyes:

I blame the over inflated balls

The Inert QB Law.

that's fockin' science Dr. Obeski!

There are a handful of Packer fans in my office that are all in mourning. They are hoping Rodgers can play and throw left handed next week. They aren't too high on Hundley.

I said, "welcome back to earth and the last 40+ years as a Viking fan with no QB (not since sir Francis for us)." They have been spoiled since 1992...think about that.

I blame the over inflated balls

that's what she said

I hope the Packers tank and McCarthy/Capers are gone. TT can go too. Fock all of them.

I look back at what could have been with Rodgers at QB and it makes me want to drink. McCarthy is one of the worst coaches in the league.

Diva

This, honestly, the dude's own family hates him.....

:)

I hope the Packers tank and McCarthy/Capers are gone. TT can go too. Fock all of them.

I look back at what could have been with Rodgers at QB and it makes me want to drink. McCarthy is one of the worst coaches in the league.

Agreed. Rodgers has masked complete incompetence from his head coach, defensive coordinator,and GM.

Agreed. Rodgers has masked complete incompetence from his head coach, defensive coordinator,and GM.

:thumbsup:

There are a handful of Packer fans in my office that are all in mourning. They are hoping Rodgers can play and throw left handed next week. They aren't too high on Hundley.

I said, "welcome back to earth and the last 40+ years as a Viking fan with no QB (not since sir Francis for us)." They have been spoiled since 1992...think about that.

Hundley really isn't a terrible backup if they let him throw the ball. Problem is their run game is not strong at all. Rodgers makes that fairly average roster go.

And I am used to injuries watching the Packers, but it is becoming laughable how many guys they have go down. If their already mediocre D wasn't ravaged with injury, I may have a little more hope to land a wildcard some how and hope Rodgers could be ready by then.

Aaron Rodgers injury may usher in a radical rules change

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/16/aaron-rodgers-injury-may-usher-in-a-radical-rules-change-and-other-week-6-thoughts/

The hit that broke Aaron Rodgers‘ collarbone on Sunday wasn’t illegal. Maybe it should be.

Vikings outside linebacker Anthony Barr hit Rodgers just after Rodgers released a pass, and the two of them tumbled to the turf with Barr on top of Rodgers. That rather ordinary hit broke Rodgers’ collarbone and dramatically affected the entire NFL season, possibly knocking Rodgers out until 2018 and in the process ending realistic Super Bowl hopes for the Packers.

I think it may be time for a radical rule change, one that makes hits like Barr’s illegal. It may be time for the NFL to consider dramatically expand the roughing the passer rules, and treat quarterbacks like kickers and punters: Basically, you can’t hit them at all once they’ve thrown a pass.

I know, I know, you’re going to tell me I’m soft and weak and ruining the game of football, and that we might as well just play flag football if we’re going to do that. And I’m here to tell you I’ve heard it all before.

I heard the same thing when the NFL changed the roughing the passer rules to prohibit low hits on quarterbacks after Tom Brady suffered a season-ending knee injury in 2008: “How can defensive players possibly be expected to avoid those hits?” But defensive players adjusted, and it’s now unremarkable that those hits are penalized.

And I heard the same thing when the NFL implemented the horse-collar tackle rule: “How can any defensive player ever catch a runner from behind?” But defensive players adjusted, and now the horse-collar tackle rule has been adopted at every level of football and is completely noncontroversial.

I believe the same thing would happen if the NFL dramatically changed the roughing the passer rule. Yes, at first it would seem wrong to see defensive players penalized for putting a shoulder in a quarterback’s chest after he throws a pass. But defensive players would get used to it, coaches would get used to it, and fans would get used to it.

And it would make the game safer for the quarterbacks, the most important players on the field. Is it really a good thing for the NFL that Aaron Rodgers might miss the entire season? Are hits like Barr’s really so fundamental to football that we can’t outlaw them for the health of quarterbacks and the good of the sport? I don’t think so.

The NFL already protects quarterbacks far more than it did when I was growing up as a football fan in the 1980s. But the league can do more. Roughing the passer needs to be expanded.

BUBBLE WRAP!

Based on current rules, it's not a stretch to call a QB whose arm is in motion or has just completed his throwing motion a "defenseless player"

It never ends.