Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Martavis Bryant

There was one point were he was regarded a better talent than AB, not saying he is but.... If AB sits you can bet that Bryant will ball out. He for once has a chance to be the star

I see that Smith-Schuster has worked himself free of the questionable tag. I might start him as I expect he'll get a lot of targets if Brown is absent. But CIN is very stingy to WRs (31st in allowing FPs), and they get especially juiced for PIT and have done a good job over the years of keeping Brown from maxing-out the way we know he can. I would expect they'll give Martavis and JuJu a lot of resistance too.

First off, if anyone regarded bryant as better than AB, that's not someone you should listen to.

Second, martavis runs exactly 2 routes.

1. Go route

2. Out route

Oh and he drops 25% of the balls thrown to him.

If AB doesn't play the steelers are going to lean on Bell.

First off, if anyone regarded bryant as better than AB, that's not someone you should listen to.

Second, martavis runs exactly 2 routes.

1. Go route

2. Out route

Oh and he drops 25% of the balls thrown to him.

If AB doesn't play the steelers are going to lean on Bell.

you are right about him running two routes.....but thats pittsburghs fault and not his...he can do more...thats how they use him....his touchdown against the vikes was a nice slant where he was taking off for the endzone by the time terrence newman read it and moved up on him

prior to his 1 week demotion i heard on a radio show that 43 percent of his targets had been deemed uncatchable

and actually the "he might be more talented than AB and bell" thing was actually something mentioned by a former nfl defensive linemen who is now a blogger....bryant has ridiculous tools and a skillset....he can do more..pitt misuses him....it doesnt help that they have a legit stat hound on their team who also throws tantrums when he doesnt get the ball...only they pay that guy alot more money.....brown is a legit stat diva .....weve heard some speak on it

to me its really just a matter of bryant and ben(whos play in the first half of the season left ALOT to be desired) just not connecting and being on the same page...and then things coming to a head....if youve watched alot of matt ryan and julio earlier this year they also looked to be having some troubles just completely getting on the same page and clicking...i think thats been the case with ben and bryant and then it flared up because bryant wasnt able to keep his frustrations under wraps

im not saying bryant is going to blow up this week or before the end of the year...but i still believe hes a supremely gift football specimen that could be special given the chance and correct usage

There are AB and Jerry Rice then everyone else.

Yeah, because the following players are not worth a mention in the top of all time ]:

Randy Moss

Larry Fitzgerald

Terrell Owens

Marvin Harrison

Reggie Wayne

Paul Warfield

Bob Hayes

Calvin Johnson

Raymond Berry

Michael Irvin

Don Hutson

Cris Carter

Isaac Bruce

Andre Johnson

Charlie Joiner

• Like 1

Yeah, because the following players are not worth a mention in the top of all time ]:

Randy Moss

Larry Fitzgerald

Terrell Owens

Marvin Harrison

Reggie Wayne

Paul Warfield

Bob Hayes

Calvin Johnson

Raymond Berry

Michael Irvin

Don Hutson

Cris Carter

Isaac Bruce

Andre Johnson

Charlie Joiner

I see this list but what Brown has done over the last 5 years no WR has ever accomplished.

Randy Moss

Larry Fitzgerald

Terrell Owens

Marvin Harrison

Reggie Wayne

Paul Warfield

Bob Hayes

Calvin Johnson

Raymond Berry

Michael Irvin

Don Hutson

Cris Carter

Isaac Bruce

Andre Johnson

Charlie Joiner

Would agree, after Rice and Brown, then these other guys make up third and so on.

when will we know if AB is inactive? Any chance we know before kickoffs? I have BRUTAL matchups and if I can plop Tavis into one of those spots I'd be very happy. Only will if AB is out tho.

when will we know if AB is inactive? Any chance we know before kickoffs? I have BRUTAL matchups and if I can plop Tavis into one of those spots I'd be very happy. Only will if AB is out tho.

prob 0 chance u know before 1 pm kickoffs today what browns status is

thats pretty standard? how long have you been watching football?

prob 0 chance u know before 1 pm kickoffs today what browns status is

thats pretty standard? how long have you been watching football?

sometimes dudes are ruled out or at least speculated to be unlikely in advance. especially when their team is the traveling team. thanks guy.

sometimes dudes are ruled out or at least speculated to be unlikely in advance. especially when their team is the traveling team. thanks guy.

eh...its pitt to cincy..its not like pitt is going to london or the west coast.....they aint gonna say sheet till tomorrow

eh...its pitt to cincy..its not like pitt is going to london or the west coast.....they aint gonna say sheet till tomorrow

that's fair. i ask bc i havent even considered AB not playing until yesterday and have no idea what the injury entails and as you know from the other thread im in a desperate spot for a big play.

that's fair. i ask bc i havent even considered AB not playing until yesterday and have no idea what the injury entails and as you know from the other thread im in a desperate spot for a big play.

i hear ya.....AB owners are in a tough spot today that i dont envy...those are the trials and tribulations of fantasy football.....i dont know what the injury entails other than its the toe.....but i do know that they need AB healthy for the new england game and the playoffs....and that they might be able to get by with bell, bryant and juju this week

i hear ya.....AB owners are in a tough spot today that i dont envy...those are the trials and tribulations of fantasy football.....i dont know what the injury entails other than its the toe.....but i do know that they need AB healthy for the new england game and the playoffs....and that they might be able to get by with bell, bryant and juju this week

the fact he didnt practice saturday is ominous. but who the hell knows. there has been no forewarning of this so it could be a smokescreen. i wish i could just plug tavis in and be confident either way but i cant unless ab is out....friggin sucks

and even thinking it through if ab is out is tavis even that much better? to your point they're probably going to lean on bell in that scenario. especially considering daltons penchant for shitting the bed in prime time. running heavily seems likely given i suspect theyll have a lead all night.

There are AB and Jerry Rice then everyone else.

AB not even in the top 10 ever. You’re smoking crack.

AB not even in the top 10 ever. You’re smoking crack.

You do realize you're talking about a WR on a historic pace. He's going to catch 100 balls for the 5th consecutive season this year, which no one has ever done. He leads the league in yardage by nearly 200 yrds and even if he weren't to catch another ball this season is already at nearly 1200 yrds and would average nearly 90 catches a year. He's already 50th in career yardage and, at current pace, would enter the top 20 in 3 years at the ripe age of 32 yrs old. He'll never catch Jerry and probably shouldn't be mentioned with him, but with 7 yrs of production you're talking about a guy who would be in the ballpark for #2 all time.

FWIW...Larry Fitzgerald could enter the conversation as the 2nd greatest WR ever later this year or early next year.

but.........a LARGE part of it will depend on his QB in the next few years.

You do realize you're talking about a WR on a historic pace. He's going to catch 100 balls for the 5th consecutive season this year, which no one has ever done. He leads the league in yardage by nearly 200 yrds and even if he weren't to catch another ball this season is already at nearly 1200 yrds and would average nearly 90 catches a year. He's already 50th in career yardage and, at current pace, would enter the top 20 in 3 years at the ripe age of 32 yrs old. He'll never catch Jerry and probably shouldn't be mentioned with him, but with 7 yrs of production you're talking about a guy who would be in the ballpark for #2 all time.

FWIW...Larry Fitzgerald could enter the conversation as the 2nd greatest WR ever later this year or early next year.

Best part about AB, he doesn't get hurt. He is one of the exception to the rule like Brady and Fizgerald. Even tho we are debating if he will miss a game this week.

I see this list but what Brown has done over the last 5 years no WR has ever accomplished.

Let's see what happens after Ben retires.

If we're talking about great WR, and the Steelers shouldn't we mention Hines Ward. You know, a guy who didn't cry like a little girl, blocked his tail off and actually did well catching the ball too. Anyone remember that guy?

I do, and I love too watch him play the game.

You do realize you're talking about a WR on a historic pace. He's already 50th in yardage...

I think you just made the case of why he isn't a top 2 receiver in history at this point in his career. He would need to keep doing it for a while.

If we're talking about great WR, and the Steelers shouldn't we mention Hines Ward. You know, a guy who didn't cry like a little girl, blocked his tail off and actually did well catching the ball too. Anyone remember that guy?

i still think he should have got that ketchup endorsement.

heinz field. :banana: