Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

I'm here to help...ask away.

Well, my draft is two days away and I am completely ready....I'm busting at the seams with football knowledge. So I am here today to try and help answer any and all questions pertaining to this years player outlooks/who to draft/anything that goes along with the greatest armchair sport in the world.

Ask away!

Hit me:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=231649

I play in a standard non-PPR 12 team league and I am thinking of offering a Holt for C. Taylor trade. Would you do it? Is it to soon? Have you seen enough from Taylor. He looked good but he YPC were very low. I need at rb. I was thinking about either starting Rhodes this week or just going 4 wide. My team is:

Qb: McNabb, Warner, Bledsoe

Rb: LJ, Droughns, Rhodes, Addai, Benson

Wr: Holt, Chambers, Housh, Mason, Henry

The other owner has the following players at rb and wr:

Rb: R. Brown, Portis, C. Taylor

Wr: S. Moss, Kennison, Key. Johnson, Glenn, Williamson

Nope I wouldn't do it. You have good rb's. LJ is stud, Droughns will be fine, Rhodes and Addai....one will step up and Benson has a good chance to get in and do something.

While I really like Chester, I think with your rb's you are okay. Holt is greatness....your wr's are good, but not great by no means......You want good balance, which you have. Hang onto what you have.

As for this week.....I would go with LJ and Droughns again. Droughns is a good back, don't let one week get you down.

1 PPR, 10yds/1pt, 6pts/TD

I have Ben Watson and Vernon Davis is on the wire. I'm tempted, but I still think that Watson is going to be huge in NE this year and that Gore is going to be the guy that shoulders most of the load in SF.

2nd opinion?

I am curious who you think would make out better on these trade offers.

1. Dillon and westbrook verse betts and portis

2. Addia, rhodes, Bree's verse brady

3. Westbrook verse McGahee

4. C Dillon, D Clark verse K Jones and heath miller

5. Thomas Jones vese Benson

Thanks,

Skibum

1 PPR, 10yds/1pt, 6pts/TD

I have Ben Watson and Vernon Davis is on the wire. I'm tempted, but I still think that Watson is going to be huge in NE this year and that Gore is going to be the guy that shoulders most of the load in SF.

2nd opinion?

Gotta take Davis in this one....only for the fact that he will consistantly be part of the offense.

The Pats are talking about trading for Porter now and pair him up with Gabrirl, Jackson, Brown, Graham and I think the Pats are going to screw up their chemistry which has made them great.

I really like both, but I think Davis' potential in SF outweighs Watson's in NE.

I am curious who you think would make out better on these trade offers.

1. Dillon and westbrook verse betts and portis

2. Addia, rhodes, Bree's verse brady

3. Westbrook verse McGahee

4. C Dillon, D Clark verse K Jones and heath miller

5. Thomas Jones vese Benson

Thanks,

Skibum

Trade one.....the Dillon/Westy side. Dillon will get TD's regardless and Westy is an all around dynamo...he'll be returning punts while Lito Sheppard is out. Bad move in my opinion...he's fragile enough.

Trade Two...Brees, Addai, Rhodes....Brees is going to be very good with the talent around him. Addai/Rhodes...by game five one of them will take that job outright and whoever does...is a fantasy starter. Brady is up and down.....still good on his down days, but not good enough to like him more than the other three.

Trade Three...tough one! Westy does it all...but always gets hurt. McGahee is pretty solid, but his attitude is terrible. I would take Westy in this one, but do what you have to..to acquire Buckhalter!

Team Four...K. Jones and Miller. Miller is on the rise (I think Pitt is actually going to throw more) and KJ is the starter without much competition. Dillon is on borrowed time....he should still score 10 TD's this year, Maroney is gonna end Dillons career. Clark is too inconsistant to gain any value. I will gaurantee that Clark will have a max of two catches this week and will not score or get more than 20 yards.

Team Five...Thomas Jones over Benson. The players support Jones, so I think we have to as well. Plus if the Bears are winning and Jones is playing well.....if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

HTH

I have starting:

M. Harrison / J.Walker / T. Glenn

On the Bench:

D. Mason / E. Wilford

Looking at:

J. Cotchrey / M. Jenkins / G. Jennings

Who Stays and who goes?

Well, my draft is two days away and I am completely ready....I'm busting at the seams with football knowledge. So I am here today to try and help answer any and all questions pertaining to this years player outlooks/who to draft/anything that goes along with the greatest armchair sport in the world.

Ask away!

San Diego or St Louis Defense or Dallas going forward??? Thanks!

OK, I have 2 teams. One a 10-team yahoo league, the other a 14-team FoxSports team. Need some help with both:

10-team Yahoo league: standard scoring, start 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE

I have Miami's DEF. I've been going back and forth all pre-season and still about them vs. Atlanta's DEF who is available. Also, San Diego is available. Are they that good or did they just perform great since they were playing Oakland's inept offense? AND, somebody just dropped Carolina (???) for St. Louis. I assume I should try to get Carolina first of all. If I can't land them, should I drop Miami for Atlanta or SD?

Also, I am fairly loaded at RB with SA, R Brown, J Jones, K Jones, and M Bell. HOwever, there are lots of good options still available on waivers including B Jacobs, C Benson, D Williams, and M Barber. Should I drop Bell for one of them? I could also drop a QB since I have 3 (Warner, McNair, and Leftwich).

14-team Fox team: standard scoring, start 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and 1 WR/TE flex

I have Brooks and Leftwich at QB. Brooks sucked last night. Either it was his fault or his O-line, either way it doesn't look good for him down the road. Options are few, but I could drop him for Pennington, Grossman, or Alex Smith, and keep my eye on Gradkowski, Romo, and V Young. Any suggestions?

Also, I have Denver's DEF. Available options include San Diego, Minnesota, Detroit, and St. Louis. Should I make a move for one of them?

Thanks alot!!

I have SA , Rhodes , Addai , T.Bell at RB and Fitz , Coles , Burleson , Harrison , Curtis , Mcmichael as WR / TE . Mcnabb and Warner at QB .STD SCORING

TRADE OFFER

I get Westbrook and Evans

I give T.Bell or Rhodes and Warner may throw in Coles for 1 more of his

Would this be good for me ?Or should I stay put ? He is trading Westy because he feels he get stronger and has decent backs left . If I do not get him someone will

THANKS

Help:

Should I trade: A Gates, F Taylor for J Shockey, W Parker?

I say yes...just want another opinion

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=231763

You get Shockey and Parker.....helk yes, take that in a heartbeat!!

San Diego or St Louis Defense or Dallas going forward??? Thanks!

St. Louis looked good vs Denver, but I think it was more Plummer shooting himself in the foot than the Rams being that good.

San Diego looked very good....or is Oakland really that bad?

Dallas played a quality opponent in Jaxonville.

My pick of these three would be San Diego. I like their schedule more than the others and they have better playmakers. With their ball control offense, it gives their D time to rest which makes them even better.

I have SA , Rhodes , Addai , T.Bell at RB and Fitz , Coles , Burleson , Harrison , Curtis , Mcmichael as WR / TE . Mcnabb and Warner at QB .STD SCORING

TRADE OFFER

I get Westbrook and Evans

I give T.Bell or Rhodes and Warner may throw in Coles for 1 more of his

Would this be good for me ?Or should I stay put ? He is trading Westy because he feels he get stronger and has decent backs left . If I do not get him someone will

THANKS

I wouldn't do it. If you read any of my other posts....I like Westy, but I don't trust him to stay healthy.

You have two great qb's and usually I'd say trade one and get a better player at a different position, but not in this case. McNabb and Warner are both injury prone....so you need both as insurance for one another. Worst thing that could happen to you is McNabb goes down and you already traded Warner and he's going nuts. I think Tatum is going to keep the starting job in Denver and post great numbers this year. Addai will end up earning that job before too long as well.

While you only have two great wr's in Harrison and Fitz.....that's two that are as good as three. Coles will be fine as long as Pennington stays healthy.

Keep what you got. I understand you want to upgrade, but I don't think you will be with this trade....plus you need good insurance for Warner or McNabb.

I have starting:

M. Harrison / J.Walker / T. Glenn

On the Bench:

D. Mason / E. Wilford

Looking at:

J. Cotchrey / M. Jenkins / G. Jennings

Who Stays and who goes?

Everyone stays put. The three you mentioned are not good enough to make you drop anyone you have.

Jenkins...one TD doesn't mean he has value now.

Jennings...if he was that good, they wouldn't have signed KRob, plus he didn't do squat this weekend. Fergie got more playing time.

Cotchery looked good, but not as good as the five wr's you already have.

OK, I have 2 teams. One a 10-team yahoo league, the other a 14-team FoxSports team. Need some help with both:

10-team Yahoo league: standard scoring, start 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE

I have Miami's DEF. I've been going back and forth all pre-season and still about them vs. Atlanta's DEF who is available. Also, San Diego is available. Are they that good or did they just perform great since they were playing Oakland's inept offense? AND, somebody just dropped Carolina (???) for St. Louis. I assume I should try to get Carolina first of all. If I can't land them, should I drop Miami for Atlanta or SD?

Carolina is the easy pick...get them if you can...if you can't:

I would pick up Atlanta....two games vs TB and NO should be good, plus they have solid players on D that can make big plays. San Diego looks good too....I don't like the fact that they play Denver and KC twice, but other than that I like their schedule. I would go 1-Carolina...2-Atlanta...3-San Diego

Also, I am fairly loaded at RB with SA, R Brown, J Jones, K Jones, and M Bell. HOwever, there are lots of good options still available on waivers including B Jacobs, C Benson, D Williams, and M Barber. Should I drop Bell for one of them? I could also drop a QB since I have 3 (Warner, McNair, and Leftwich).

It's tough to drop Mike Bell. I think Tatum is going to secure that job, but until he does...hand onto Mike OR trade him to the Tatum owner. Send a Mike Bell + ??? to upgrade at a different position. get a better wr and a crappy rb....then drop the crappy rb and pick up Barber....if you have Jones, you need Barber.

You don't need three qb's...I'd drop Lefty and pick up Barber or Jacobs or find a wr with promise.

14-team Fox team: standard scoring, start 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and 1 WR/TE flex

I have Brooks and Leftwich at QB. Brooks sucked last night. Either it was his fault or his O-line, either way it doesn't look good for him down the road. Options are few, but I could drop him for Pennington, Grossman, or Alex Smith, and keep my eye on Gradkowski, Romo, and V Young. Any suggestions?

I would take Grossman. The Bears look like they are going to throw alot this year. He is an obvious injury risk, but judging from Brooks performance....Grossman is a massive upgrade. The upside for Grossman is great.

Also, I have Denver's DEF. Available options include San Diego, Minnesota, Detroit, and St. Louis. Should I make a move for one of them?

I would hang onto Denver...they may have lost and gave up 18 points...but they didn't give up a TD...so that is good?! Minnesota is defiinitly one to watch...GB and Det twice is a nice for the D.

Thanks alot!!

I know he didn't throw much in week 1 vs the Raidahs as the Chargers were taking it easy with Rivers in his first NFL start, but is he a better option in week 2 vs the woeful Titans at home or should I stick with my number 1, Eli Manning in a tough matchup on the road at Philly?

I know he didn't throw much in week 1 vs the Raidahs as the Chargers were taking it easy with Rivers in his first NFL start, but is he a better option in week 2 vs the woeful Titans at home or should I stick with my number 1, Eli Manning in a tough matchup on the road at Philly?

I think Rivers is going to be a good fantasy option next year and possibly later this year. For now, I would just sit on him and let him progress. He's more advanced than a rookie, but will still make "rookie" mistakes, which will lead to Marty being more conservative with him...much like they did with Brees, until last year when Brees earned Marty's trust.

Eli on the other hand has earned the trust of his coach and can do what he pleases and has a cast around him to launch him into fantasy stardom! Eli is a guy you don't sit...not vs the Eagles, Cowboys, Ravens, Bears.....this kid has all the tools to put up great numbers vs anyone. With Barber, Shockey, Toomer, Burress, Jacobs.....way too many weapons for anyone to shut down. He will have bad games of course but they will be few and far between. Never sit Eli!!

I got away with a win in week one....I'm on the fence as to who I should start this week. Please give your thoughts on a starting lineup.

Also, Should I hang on to Carolina D?

WR's available that I am looking at on the waiver wire--J Cotchery, A. Bryant & T. Williamson--Are any of these guys worth grabbing? If so, who do I get rid of?

So far, I plan on starting:

Palmer

Tiki Barber

Rudi Johnson

D. Stallworth

D. Bennet

J. Walker

H. Miller

Carolina D

Akers

Give Dunn or F Taylor and McCardell for Stallworth and K Barlow?

In a PPR league starting 3 WR and 2 RB's I've been offered Stallworth for Dunn or Taylor, I've added the Barlow and Mccardell in order to give some version of depth at RB. Also, should I give up Taylor or Dunn?

My current RB/WR situation is:

RB: Dunn, F Taylor, Edge, Maroney, M Anderson, T Henry

WR: Driver, Glenn, McCardell, B Edwards, W Welker, Cothery, M Colston

I got away with a win in week one....I'm on the fence as to who I should start this week. Please give your thoughts on a starting lineup.

Also, Should I hang on to Carolina D?

WR's available that I am looking at on the waiver wire--J Cotchery, A. Bryant & T. Williamson--Are any of these guys worth grabbing? If so, who do I get rid of?

So far, I plan on starting:

Palmer

Tiki Barber

Rudi Johnson

D. Stallworth

D. Bennet

J. Walker

H. Miller

Carolina D

Akers

First, yes hang onto Carolinas D...they are great. They have alot of playmakers which we love in fantasy ball.

Waiver Wire: Bryant and Williamson are both worth having! I'd take either one over Bennett. Bryant is the #1 wr for a team that will have to throw alot. When it mattered most last week...who got the ball...Bryant! Williamson looks to be Johnson's #1 target in Minnesota and that should pay major dividends as the year goes on. They did spread the ball around alot, but that's common early on. I believe Williamson will establish himself as the go to guy and will routinely get 5-8 catches a game and 80 yds.....and of course bigger games. The Titans are going to put Vince Young in and when they do....what do you think is going to happen to Bennett then? His stock will go down the toilet.

I would take Bryant first....then Williamson. I like Bennett, but do not like his situation at all.

Give Dunn or F Taylor and McCardell for Stallworth and K Barlow?

In a PPR league starting 3 WR and 2 RB's I've been offered Stallworth for Dunn or Taylor, I've added the Barlow and Mccardell in order to give some version of depth at RB. Also, should I give up Taylor or Dunn?

My current RB/WR situation is:

RB: Dunn, F Taylor, Edge, Maroney, M Anderson, T Henry

WR: Driver, Glenn, McCardell, B Edwards, W Welker, Cothery, M Colston

Barlow and McCardell....who cares....boot them out of this entire deal. I don't like Barlow right now, seems like he is behind Blaylock....but plenty of time to earn the job.

Dunn for Stallworth.....not a chance! Dunn is waaaay to good to give up for Donte.

Taylor for Stallworth.....do it. I like Taylor, but you have Dunn, Edge, Maroney, so you look pretty good. Stallworth is an upgrade from Glenn, McCardell and Edwards for your #2 wr.

It hurts your rb depth, but helps your every week starters (wr starters) out more. I don't think last week was a fluke for Stallworth....I don't think he'll put up numbers like that every week, but should post at least 70-80 yds a game and sprinkle in big games.

Taylor is an injury risk anyway...great player, but he would sit behind Dunn and Edge anyway.

I have three potential deals that I am working on but will probably only make one. My team is in my sig, please rank these three deals based on the how much they help my team.

Deal #1: I give Heap, and I get SMoss

Deal #2: I give Addai and Rhodes, and I get Chambers and Buckhalter

Deal #3: I give Lundy and Was D, and I get MJones and Car D

Thanks in advance

I have three potential deals that I am working on but will probably only make one. My team is in my sig, please rank these three deals based on the how much they help my team.

Deal #1: I give Heap, and I get SMoss

Deal #2: I give Addai and Rhodes, and I get Chambers and Buckhalter

Deal #3: I give Lundy and Was D, and I get MJones and Car D

Thanks in advance

QB - C-Pepp, Warner

RB - Jordan, FWP, CTaylor, Rhodes, Addai, Lundy

WR - SSmith, CJohnson, Bryant, MiClayton

TE - Heap, Watson

K - Kasay

D - Deadskins

Deal #3 is by far the best. You get a better defense and a wr that has massive upside. You give up Washington and get a better D and lose Lundy who is your 4th/5th back.....no big loss at all. I really like this deal for your team.

Deal #2: Don't like it. Smith & Chad are a GREAT 1-2 punch and Bryant is very solid behind those two and Clayton should rebound from last year. You don't need Chambers. With the performance of Jordan Monday it makes you wonder what is going on in Oakland?! I think you should keep Addai/Rhodes and see what happens. If one of them grabs the job (I think Addai will) and they don't do rbbc, then you have a #1 fantasy back! FWP & Taylor will be great even if they don't pan out.

Deal #1: Having Moss as your #3 is stellar! I like Heap better than Watson, but Watson is pretty good, with the lack of weapons in NE...Watson should have a very good year. Moss looked like he is still going to be a big part of the offense even with Saunders calling the shots.

Bryant is a great #3 if you don't do the #1 deal. Either way you are okay....no trade, you have two great TE's. Do the trade, you have a great TE and three wr's that cannot possibly be matched by anyone in your league.

I love deal #3 and deal #1 is pretty good. Deal #2 does not help you at all.

Good luck

Rate my first 7 picks... 10 teamer...

S.Jackson 1.10

L.Fitzgerald 2.09

Mcgahee 3.08

D.Driver 4.07

McNabb 5.06

Chester T. 6.05

AndreJohnson 7.04

My roster:

QB - Bledsoe, Green, Leinart

WR - L.Coles, D.Driver, R.Moss

RB - L.Johnson, C.Portis, W.Dunn, D.Williams

TE - McMichael

K - Wilkins

1. should I hang on to Moss, or try to package him with one of my IDPs in a trade for Chris Chambers?

2. With Green injured, I saw someone drop Bledsoe and picked him up. I dropped Brunell to do this. These QBs are available on the waiver wire:

Carr, Grossman, Frye, Brunell, Losman, Collins, Brooks, and Batch.

So the question would be what do you think about my QB situation?

My roster:

QB - Bledsoe, Green, Leinart

WR - L.Coles, D.Driver, R.Moss

RB - L.Johnson, C.Portis, W.Dunn, D.Williams

TE - McMichael

K - Wilkins

1. should I hang on to Moss, or try to package him with one of my IDPs in a trade for Chris Chambers?

2. With Green injured, I saw someone drop Bledsoe and picked him up. I dropped Brunell to do this. These QBs are available on the waiver wire:

Carr, Grossman, Frye, Brunell, Losman, Collins, Brooks, and Batch.

So the question would be what do you think about my QB situation?

Keep Moss. He's too good to not put up good numbers. Let's face it...as bad as the Raiders played on Monday there is nowhere to go but up. The one thing Shell wants to do is get the verticle passing game back in Oakland. Brooks may not be the answer, but no matter who is at qb.....Moss will be the main guy. He will come around and put up numbers!

Bledsoe seems to be the best of what is there. Grossman is the only one that seems to have a pretty good year ahead of him. With their phenomenal defense, he will have plenty of opportunities to do great things....with that said, he don't have Owens and Bledsoe does!

Your problem is Bledsoe is off week 3 and Green most likely will not be back by then (which doesn't matter cause KC is off anyway...so is Brooks) so you need a back up to start week three.

Frye plays Baltimore...so forget about him.

Carr vs Washington

Grossman vs Minnesota

Losman is terrible, I don't care who they play

Collins at Miami

Batch...will be back on bench by then

Brunell vs Houston

My opinion is to drop Green and pick up......the guy you dropped....Mark Brunell! He has the best match up that week while Bledsoe is off. After week three then you can consider dropping Brunell and picking up Romo. That way if Bledsoe goes down you'll have the very capable Romo to be your starter. Keep Leinart....if Warner goes down, Leinart can put up just as good of numbers with that cast.

good luck!

Per your help earlier, I dropped Volek and added A. Bryant to mu roster.....T. Williamson is still out there...Should I dump Bennet and go get TW?? Also, Do I start Bryant this week?

I have been offered Drew Bennett for Mike Vick. As you can see I need a WR badly. I was planning on trying to see if I could get a number 1 for westbrook or Duece. Should I just pull the trigger now and hope Smith comes back fast?

Thanksmine

ive been offered Plummer for V. Davis. i need help at QB, but i dont think Plummer will be better than my guys, not that theyre particularly good. missed out on Pennington on Waivers, and Alex Smith. Would you make this trade?

Also would you pick up the Chargers Def? and who would you cut? It can be any position.

Thanks!

14 Team League

QB; Kitna, Rivers

RB; St. Jax, M. Bell, McAllister

WR; M. Harrison, C. Chambers, B. Edwards

TE; McMichael

TD; Dolphins

backups; M. Barber, J. Norwood, M. Turner, Vernon Davis