Sign in to follow this  
mgm32

Decisions...what to do with my team (UPDATED 10/13, please look)

Only 10 teams in our league. I'll give you a rundown of my team and yall can help me decide what to do.

Colston and Jennings are both available and I'm interested in picking up one, if not both of them. Here's my team:

**note, I plan on only keeping 1 defense and 1 kicker. Just holding onto Kaeding because Gould and the Bears have a bye next week.***

Week 6 Lineup

Rex Grossman

Tatum Bell

Brian Westbrook

Javon Walker

Darrell Jackson

Chris Cooley

Broncos D/ST

Robbie Gould

Bench

Shaun Alexander

Randy Moss

Jake Plummer

Keyshawn Johnson

Chad Pennington

Nate Kaeding

Chargers D/ST

Kellen Winslow

These running backs are still available in my league as well:

Maurice Drew

DeShaun Foster

Ladell Betts

Travis Henry

Michael Turner

Jerious Norwood

Noah Herron

Leon Washington

These receivers are still available:

Greg Jennings

Marques Colston

Reggie Williams

Braylon Edwards (I just dropped him)

Isaac Bruce

Antonio Bryant (I just dropped him)

Mike Furrey

Lee Evans

Bryant Johnson

I've also considered maybe picking up Losman for the week just because Detroit's D is terrible.

All suggestions welcome. I'm 2-3 and face some stiff comp this weekend (the other guy is 5-0 and loaded). Plus I just need general advice for the season.

I'd drop Keyshaun for Jennings or Evans. Jennings looks great in GB while we know Evans can put up great numbers!

I don't see the need to keep three qb's. Drop Plummer and pick up Washington or Evans/Jennings.

Team looks good, but can definitly improve it with whats available.

Good luck

check mine if you can...thanks.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=243493

Only 10 teams in our league. I'll give you a rundown of my team and yall can help me decide what to do.

Colston and Jennings are both available and I'm interested in picking up one, if not both of them. Here's my team:

**note, I plan on only keeping 1 defense and 1 kicker. Just holding onto Kaeding because Gould and the Bears have a bye next week.***

Week 6 Lineup

Rex Grossman

Tatum Bell

Brian Westbrook

Javon Walker

Darrell Jackson

Chris Cooley

Broncos D/ST

Robbie Gould

Bench

Shaun Alexander

Randy Moss

Jake Plummer

Keyshawn Johnson

Chad Pennington

Nate Kaeding

Chargers D/ST

Kellen Winslow

Maurice Drew

DeShaun Foster

Ladell Betts

Travis Henry

Michael Turner

Jerious Norwood

Noah Herron

Leon Washington

Greg Jennings

Marques Colston

Reggie Williams

Isaac Bruce

Mike Furrey

Lee Evans

Bryant Johnson

I've also considered maybe picking up Losman for the week just because Detroit's D is terrible.

All suggestions welcome. I'm 2-3 and face some stiff comp this weekend (the other guy is 5-0 and loaded). Plus I just need general advice for the season.

I just need some overall advice.

I'd drop Keyshaun for Jennings or Evans. Jennings looks great in GB while we know Evans can put up great numbers!

I don't see the need to keep three qb's. Drop Plummer and pick up Washington or Evans/Jennings.

Team looks good, but can definitly improve it with whats available.

Good luck

check mine if you can...thanks.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=243493

With Steve Smith's help being up and down I was hoping to keep Keyshawn. He's done pretty well so far. You really think Jennings is an upgrade from him?

Your week 6 lineup is just fine.

Bears will kill the Cards and Denver will do the same to Oakland.

You will be 3 and 3 after this week and then S.Alexander comes back.

Maybe pick up Colston or Jennings for some depth.

Thanks for answering mine.

I see you posted on the right board!

1st, it is easier to analyze your teame if you post it like this:

QB: Grossman Plummer, Pennington

RB: T.Bell, Westy, Alex

WR: Walker, D.Jax, Keyshawn, R.Moss

TE; Winslow, Cooley, DEN, SD K:Gould, Kaeding

week 6 proposed starters in bold

1. You have chosen the right starters this week

Now, does your league charge transaction fees? Is it standard scoring, ppr or other? Is there a flex position and is TE a required start? Any other unusual considerations?

Assuming standard scoring with no transaction fees here's what to do.

1. Pick up Foster drop Kaeding - no need to carry two K's on a roster, esp in a 10 team league.

2 Pick uo Colston, drop SD - same as above.

3. After this week, pick up Jennings, drop Cooley - again no reason to carry two TEs - but Winslow is a huge upgrade over Cooley and Jennings has a bye anyway.

4 Try to unload R.Moss for any value above FA list. (I doubt if can, however).

Seldom carry more than 1 TE, K or D. The waiver wire almost always has equivalent talent! Load up on quality skill position depth and then propose 2 fro 1 trades for studs to upgrade from there - picking up fresh talent from your WW and free agent list.

Lastly, try to upgrade your QB situation through either pick-ups or trade. I love Grossman - the other 2 are marginal.

Hope this helped.

I see you posted on the right board!

1st, it is easier to analyze your teame if you post it like this:

QB: Grossman Plummer, Pennington

RB: T.Bell, Westy, Alex

WR: Walker, D.Jax, Keyshawn, R.Moss

TE; Winslow, Cooley, DEN, SD K:Gould, Kaeding

week 6 proposed starters in bold

1. You have chosen the right starters this week

Now, does your league charge transaction fees? Is it standard scoring, ppr or other? Is there a flex position and is TE a required start? Any other unusual considerations?

Assuming standard scoring with no transaction fees here's what to do.

1. Pick up Foster drop Kaeding - no need to carry two K's on a roster, esp in a 10 team league.

2 Pick uo Colston, drop SD - same as above.

3. After this week, pick up Jennings, drop Cooley - again no reason to carry two TEs - but Winslow is a huge upgrade over Cooley and Jennings has a bye anyway.

4 Try to unload R.Moss for any value above FA list. (I doubt if can, however).

Seldom carry more than 1 TE, K or D. The waiver wire almost always has equivalent talent! Load up on quality skill position depth and then propose 2 fro 1 trades for studs to upgrade from there - picking up fresh talent from your WW and free agent list.

Lastly, try to upgrade your QB situation through either pick-ups or trade. I love Grossman - the other 2 are marginal.

Hope this helped.

Thanks for the help. Problem is if I drop Kaeding, I'll have no kicker for next week. And Foster isn't a steady producer. My league doesn't charge a transaction fee, we do have a flex position (RB/WR) and a TE is required to start. Does that change things as far as your recommendations?

I would drop one of your qbs prolly pennington. Since you plan on dropping a def and k i would add: foster for sure, that's a steal off the waiver wire since deangelo williams is hurt. Then I think pick up in this order: 1. evans 2. jennings.

I would drop one of your qbs prolly pennington. Since you plan on dropping a def and k i would add: foster for sure, that's a steal off the waiver wire since deangelo williams is hurt. Then I think pick up in this order: 1. evans 2. jennings.

Ok slight change. Dropped Kaeding and picked up Colston. I'm going to drop the Chargers and Cooley after this week (the guy I'm playing is 5-0 and his defense is Jax who has a BYE this week. If he's smart he'd pick up San Deigo and get a good number of points out of them since they're planning SF). So here's what I'm working with now.

Week 6 Lineup

Rex Grossman

Tatum Bell

Brian Westbrook

Javon Walker

Darrell Jackson

Chris Cooley

Broncos D/ST

Robbie Gould

Bench

Shaun Alexander

Randy Moss

Jake Plummer

Keyshawn Johnson

Chad Pennington

Marques Colston

Chargers D/ST

Kellen Winslow

Maurice Drew

DeShaun Foster

Ladell Betts

Travis Henry

Michael Turner

Jerious Norwood

Noah Herron

Leon Washington

Greg Jennings

Reggie Williams

Isaac Bruce

Mike Furrey

Lee Evans

Bryant Johnson

Yup, sure does! If there is no transaction fees, use the free agent list as your extended roster. There is very little point differential between kickers (Gould being 1 of 2 exceptions). So don't sweat Kaeding not being there - somebody else will be.

Another consideration is how your FA system and WW works. are all player locked down on a waiver wire each weekend and subject to waivers or is the free agent list kept free and the waiver wire only contains locked players? Does your WW position change weekly bassed on best record, or does it rotate completely based on prior team pick-ups? In other words, how easy is it to retrieve players openly. In a 10 teamer, there are usually quality players on your list.

Stack the RB position as your usual flex, even in a 10 team league. Use it as your usual flex - RB scoring is usually much more consistent than scoring from WRs. Avoid RBBC or spot players like Jones-Drew. I like Henry and Washington as well as foster. Don't drop Keesh IMO. Jennings and Colston are better values than R.Moss, who I would dump if he is not traded by OAK by the Oct 16? trading deadline.

Again I stress loading your roster at the high reward (RB, WR & QB) positions, andf then making A LOT of 2 for 1 trade proposals to trade up for studs. Your main problem is that you only have 2 studs on your roster Alex and Westy and both have health problems. Have patience with the Alex situation and you will be rewarded. Lastly although SD and DEN are decent D's, there is no real advantage in keeping both. Pick up and play the best free agent weekly defensive matchup - unless you can trade for CHI or BALT.

Yup, sure does! If there is no transaction fees, use the free agent list as your extended roster. There is very little point differential between kickers (Gould being 1 of 2 exceptions). So don't sweat Kaeding not being there - somebody else will be.

Another consideration is how your FA system and WW works. are all player locked down on a waiver wire each weekend and subject to waivers or is the free agent list kept free and the waiver wire only contains locked players? Does your WW position change weekly bassed on best record, or does it rotate completely based on prior team pick-ups? In other words, how easy is it to retrieve players openly. In a 10 teamer, there are usually quality players on your list.

Stack the RB position as your usual flex, even in a 10 team league. Use it as your usual flex - RB scoring is usually much more consistent than scoring from WRs. Avoid RBBC or spot players like Jones-Drew. I like Henry and Washington as well as foster. Don't drop Keesh IMO. Jennings and Colston are better values than R.Moss, who I would dump if he is not traded by OAK by the Oct 16? trading deadline.

Again I stress loading your roster at the high reward (RB, WR & QB) positions, andf then making A LOT of 2 for 1 trade proposals to trade up for studs. Your main problem is that you only have 2 studs on your roster Alex and Westy and both have health problems. Have patience with the Alex situation and you will be rewarded. Lastly although SD and DEN are decent D's, there is no real advantage in keeping both. Pick up and play the best free agent weekly defensive matchup - unless you can trade for CHI or BALT.

As I'm sure you can tell, I'm somewhat of a newbie. The WW position changes weekly but I'm not sure what its based on. Right now, I can add anyone on the list. I know at some point you have to claim them though and wait until 3AM each Thursday for transactions to be processed before you can begin adding freely again.

So I've added Colston. My plan is to drop Cooley and the Chargers D after this week for Jennings and a RB. I'd like to add yet another RB by dropping Plummer or Pennington after this week. I would think I'm going to drop Plummer because Pennington has Detroit coming up on his schedule and because after next week, I would be playing Grossman every week anyways (Week 7 is the Chicago BYE week).

So if I'm going to pick up 2 RBs, who should I go with.

Just found out the following about my Waiver Wire system:

WAIVER RULES

Free Agent/Waiver Acquisition Limit No Limit

Waiver Period 2 Days

Waiver System Resets Every Tuesday To Inverse Order Of Standings

Week 6 Lineup

Rex Grossman

Tatum Bell

Brian Westbrook

Javon Walker

Darrell Jackson

Chris Cooley

Broncos D/ST

Robbie Gould

Bench

Shaun Alexander

Randy Moss

Jake Plummer

Keyshawn Johnson

Chad Pennington

Nate Kaeding

Chargers D/ST

Kellen Winslow

Maurice Drew

DeShaun Foster

Ladell Betts

Travis Henry

Michael Turner

Jerious Norwood

Noah Herron

Leon Washington

Greg Jennings

Marques Colston

Reggie Williams

Isaac Bruce

Mike Furrey

Lee Evans

Bryant Johnson

your problem is at rb. you do not have anyone consistent enough to avoid the weekly matchup game. at least not until alexander gets back next week. i think you may have answered your own question. if you plan on keeping one kicker and one defense then drop one now, add colston. He is making joe horn forgetable. next see if you can package a couple of players to trade and add to your depth. you need another stud in your lineup. unfortunately your other option is the weekly matchup game.

So you already added Colston? if he can start at TE in your league there is no real reason to hang on to cooley. id cut cooley for either Jennings or Foster.

Drop Plummer for Foster, Meshawn for Evans, and after this week drop Kaeding for Jennings. If Jennings is gone next week, I would still drop Keading for the best available w.r. or r.b. I like Henry and Drew. Thanks for the post.

So you already added Colston? if he can start at TE in your league there is no real reason to hang on to cooley. id cut cooley for either Jennings or Foster.

Already added Colston but he cant play TE in my league.

I say Plummer for Foster now

Kaeding for Evans now, there should be a servicabele K available for week 7

If it's like my ESPN league, players on a bye are FA for the whole week, so you could add Jennings after this weekend's games, for Cooley

Both D's look good this week, I would hold onto them just to make things difficult for your opponent

I would also drop R Moss, but I have lost all faith in the Raiders

Must say, I wish my 10 team league had the talent available on the WW

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=243460

I say Plummer for Foster now

Kaeding for Evans now, there should be a servicabele K available for week 7

If it's like my ESPN league, players on a bye are FA for the whole week, so you could add Jennings after this weekend's games, for Cooley

Both D's look good this week, I would hold onto them just to make things difficult for your opponent

I would also drop R Moss, but I have lost all faith in the Raiders

Must say, I wish my 10 team league had the talent available on the WW

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=243460

So if I did get Evans this week you'd play him over Walker or D Jax?

if Foster's still available, grab him. next, i would grab jennings and/or colston (depending on his eligibilty). favre doesnt have a solid deep threat. if it werent for Bush. Maroney and Young, Jennings would have a legit shot at being the ROY, IMO.

I would drop Plummer and pick up Foster (no need for 2 backup QBs). DeAngelo is hurt and Foster is a #1 back. Next I would definitely grab Jennings. He's on bye this week but he's scored in 3 of his last 4 games with good yardage.

check out mine if you can. I'm in a similar situation, not sure what to do with my team. thanks,

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=243585

What if I were to drop the Chargers D closer to game time, pick up Foster and hold on to Plummer hoping he has a big game against Oakland and Cleveland next week and try to sell him high...??? Any thoughts on that?

Wow, I wish some of these guys were available in my 10 team league.....

I agree with everyone else, get rid of extra DEFs and Kickers. I think your lineup for this week is good.

Pick 2 out of Foster, Jennings and Evans.

This is for the long haul, not this week in particular.

Week 6 Lineup

Rex Grossman

Tatum Bell

Brian Westbrook

Javon Walker

Darrell Jackson

Chris Cooley

Broncos D/ST

Robbie Gould

Bench

Shaun Alexander

Randy Moss

Jake Plummer

Keyshawn Johnson

Chad Pennington

Nate Kaeding

Chargers D/ST

Kellen Winslow

Maurice Drew

DeShaun Foster

Ladell Betts

Travis Henry

Michael Turner

Jerious Norwood

Noah Herron

Leon Washington

Greg Jennings

Marques Colston

Reggie Williams

Isaac Bruce

Mike Furrey

Lee Evans

Bryant Johnson

guys to get rid of by trade or otherwise: randy moss, jake plummer, keyshawn johnson

guys to pick up: jennings and colston for sure... then depending on how much room you have, lee evans, antonio bryant, mike turner.

i might also suggest you try to pick up a strong RB to start over tatum bell. try trading guys like randy moss and keyshawn together as a package. someone might bite and toss up someone like mcgahee or i dunno.

also, start the chargers defense this week.

mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=243709

Take a look at the schedules of Denver and SD, see which has an easier schedule and stay with that D and drop the other. Then you can decide if you want to drop a K or Plummer. I'd go with dropping a kicker, no need for two. i'd go for Foster and Colston. If you want you can drop Plummer too and pick up either Jennings or Jones-Drew. looks like you might want some rb depth. I have colston and jennings and they both are solid. Jennings seems more consistent, disregard week 1.

i'd see what yo ucan get for moss in a trade.

get colston on your squad ASAP (esp. if you can play him at the TE postion)

you could probably drop plummer (or trade if you can)

i also would look at getting a top RB for Westy. he won't be good to go all year and i'd rather have someone like Rudi to be sure of.

maybe even trade shaun for a top 3 RB if you can get it?

just some thoughts and ideas...hope they help

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=243707

As you guys can see I've made some changes and updated things to where I stand now. I'm holding on to the Chargers just until this week is over because the guy I am playing this week is 5-0 and his D is the Jags. The Jags have a bye this week. If I drop the Chargers he can pick them up and score big this week since the Chargers play SF. I will also be dropping or trading Cooley this week and look to try and work a deal to trade Keyshawn and Moss for a better receiver or RB.

This is where I stand now:

QB: Grossman, Pennington

RB: Westbrook, T. Bell, S. Alexander

WR: Jevon Walker, Darrell Jackson, Jennings, Colston, Keyshawn, Randy Moss

TE: Winslow, Cooley

D: Broncos, Chargers

K: Gould

The following are still available in my league at QB, RB & WR respectively:

QBs

A. Smith, Carr, Frye, Losman, Rivers, Huard, Plummer (I just dropped him so he won't be available off wires until Thursday), Leinart, Gradkowski, Walter, Harrington

RBs

Drew, Foster, Betts, Henry, Turner, Norwood, Herron, L. Washington, M. Robinson

WRs

Williams, Edwards (I dropped him), Bruce, A. Bryant (I dropped him), Furrey, Evans, Bryant Johnson, Lewis, Chris Henry, Battle, Brown, Moulds, Engram, Welker, Taylor, Robinson, Gabriel

Any more suggestions?

Holy crap! I don't think I've seen a posting with so many replies!

I saw you already grabbed Colston and Jennings - EXCELLENT!

I'd consider dropping Cooley and your extra DEF for: JP Losman, D. Foster, R. Williams, L. Evans, and M. Furrey.

Thanks for help with mine.

you should definetly add another RB instead of carrying Cooley (after you play him this week). I'd rank them Foster, Drew, Washington.

thanks for mine.

definately grab colston if you can plug him in at tight end, and jennings is gonna help out your team tremendously. go for those two maybe after the bye week....

Here's what I'd do:

Drop: Moss (yes, seriously), Pennington or Plummer, Kaeding, SD DST, Cooley

Pick up: Jennings, Colston, Edwards, RWilliams, Foster

This is aside from bye week issues, so that may factor.

These are five great to good players. Someone will have to explain to me why Moss should be graded fairly above what he has done and his role on an awful Oak offense.

(thanks for answering mine).

As you guys can see I've made some changes and updated things to where I stand now. I'm holding on to the Chargers just until this week is over because the guy I am playing this week is 5-0 and his D is the Jags. The Jags have a bye this week. If I drop the Chargers he can pick them up and score big this week since the Chargers play SF. I will also be dropping or trading Cooley this week and look to try and work a deal to trade Keyshawn and Moss for a better receiver or RB.

This is where I stand now:

QB: Grossman, Pennington

RB: Westbrook, T. Bell, S. Alexander

WR: Jevon Walker, Darrell Jackson, Jennings, Colston, Keyshawn, Randy Moss

TE: Winslow, Cooley

D: Broncos, Chargers

K: Gould

The following are still available in my league at QB, RB & WR respectively:

QBs

A. Smith, Carr, Frye, Losman, Rivers, Huard, Plummer (I just dropped him so he won't be available off wires until Thursday), Leinart, Gradkowski, Walter, Harrington

RBs

Drew, Foster, Betts, Henry, Turner, Norwood, Herron, L. Washington, M. Robinson

WRs

Williams, Edwards (I dropped him), Bruce, A. Bryant (I dropped him), Furrey, Evans, Bryant Johnson, Lewis, Chris Henry, Battle, Brown, Moulds, Engram, Welker, Taylor, Robinson, Gabriel

Any more suggestions?

Only things that sticks out to me is you still have penny & don't have Alex Smith......fix that & you will be set :headbanger: