Sign in to follow this  
TomDaMan533

Ask the guru! Ask me any question this afternoon i will respond!

Answering any and all questions! Questions about your lineup or a teams paticular defense or offense? Ask away, i watch every NFL game plus a great knowledge of the football game planning. A fantasy football champion, and a playoff regular...

Here you go guru...help me out.

My team is in my signature and I'm having issues at WR this week. Colston will be in my starting lineup and I need to pick a 2nd WR. I'm debating dropping one of my WRs and picking up Mike Williams (SEA) to start in stead of these other guys. What do you think?

Ochocinco vs CLE

S. Moss @ DAL

S. Rice vs CHI

OR

Pick up Mike Williams (SEA) vs ATL

Non-ppr. No points for yardage until you hit 70. Bonus for long TDs.

I am trying to decide if I start a gimpy Jacob Tamme v JAX (very few points the last couple of weeks), or do I go with Zach Miller v DEN? Last time Miller played Denver, he had 65yds and a TD, and he's finally getting healthy. I could also pick up Owen Daniels, as he's available @ HOU.

What to do?

Moss and Rice with their current QB problems cant be trusted. Webb isnt really a passer, Rex Grossman? Who knows? Clevelands pass defense is underrated in the league. You know Seattle will have to throw in this game, i would go with Mike Williams over these other options.

Mitch, I like Charles vs STL if Cassel plays, if its Croyle i still lean Charles although not nearly as much. St. Louis is not San Diego so i think Charles will get plenty of touches. (Jones was ignored entirely last week) Plus Charles is great on the receiving end. I go charles

Tamme, this should be a huge day for Peyton Manning. MJD cant be stopped and they should throw the ball as they have no running game. Zach Miller is a solid option he should be a top 10 TE this week. But Tamme has much more potential is a due to breakout in this one.

Need 2 of 4 RBs in PPR league.

Peterson vs Chi - w crappy qb and crappy weather

Forte vs Min in crappy weather

BJGE vs Pack without Rodgers (but 2 other rbs to deal with too)

Jacobs vs Philly (competing with Bradshaw)

why can't this ever be easy!

:wall:

Miles Austin, outstanding matchup against WAS. Buffalo just cant be trusted as they have shown in the last few weeks. Webb has a tough matchup i see (Brodie like numbers here)

Oops one more:

Kickers, hey they do matter!

Bironas vs Houston

Hartley @ Balt

-1 for misses

3 up to 39

4 up to 49

5 50+

:cheers:

AP still probably not 100% and with Webb in there Chicago will stack the box. I see no way Minnesota gets a touchdown this game including AP. Forte only got 69 yds last time vs MIN. But with the bad weather i think he will get some more screen passes so he can get 100 total and a TD. The lawfirm im not liking, its a good defense and you have to deal with multiple backs like woodhead on the screen passes. I think Jacobs is becoming a must start at the end of this season. He is on fire

So i would go with Forte and Jacobs

However, Its tough to bench AP i must admit under any situation.

I like Bironas, against Houston a good matchup for Tennessee so they can actually get some points on the board. I have Hartley, but ive noticed they wont try a long kick with him so now your forced to hope Brees doesnt score TD's.

So better chance for Tennessee to kick fgs because their drive stalls, and Bironas can try some 50+ so i go Bironas here

Mitch, I like Charles vs STL if Cassel plays, if its Croyle i still lean Charles although not nearly as much. St. Louis is not San Diego so i think Charles will get plenty of touches. (Jones was ignored entirely last week) Plus Charles is great on the receiving end. I go charles

Thanks Tom!! Even if it's a non PPR league?

Okay: another one. This is a win or go home scenario:

I lost Aaron Rodgers for the week, and picked up Kerry Collins. I'm starting Ronnie Brown v BUF, and Felix Jones vs WAS (I have Torain, Choice, Ivory and Morris on the bench). Is Torain a better option than either of these two?

Also, I have Britt v HOU, Megatron @ TB, Nicks v PHI - and I sat VJAX (:cry:). These are obviously all stud WRs, but each of them have had disappearing act games this year. Right now, I have Megatron and Nicks starting. Because I lost Rodgers, do I employ the philosophy that if Collins sucks, I'm going to lose, regardless how well Mega and Nicks do - and as a result do I go for broke and try to play the Collins-->Britt connection, and sit one of the other two? If so: who?

I really do like Britt this weekend v HOU; particularly since Mario Williams is now on IR... :unsure:

Non PPR is still good for Charles, I like Stewart also he has a great matchup...But Charles should do better

THANKS MUCH!!!

id go with Torain over Ronnie Brown and start Torain and Felix Jones...Torain was a stud last week hes the only RB they have that doesnt suck.

I like Megatron and Nicks to bounce back this week. That said Kenny Britt should be very good this week also.

It wouldnt be a total mistake putting in Britt. but bench Calvin over Nicks...Nicks is healthy now and the only target in what should be a shootout.

Now Megatron could score more then 1 TD, but i just dont see Stanton throwing for a ton of yards. He only gave Calvin like 1 catch last week.

So Nothing wrong with Nicks and Britt if you choose.

Winslow vs. DET or Marcedes Lewis vs. IND

Thanks Guru I got some big choices in 3 semi final matchups..

10 team Big league 2 ppr vs #1 and need some big points...

I need a WR #3 and a flex out of...

J best, Choice, S. Holmes, M Will(Sea), L Moore, Bess(starting Roddy, Coleston, Forte, S. Jax)

also

One QB out of Collins, Ben, or Eli

In 2nd league 12 team 2 PPR...

Need a #3 WR out of Mason, Royal, M. Will(seat), Amendola(starting Desean and coleston)

In league #3 I got one decision at my WR/TE position 1 PPR.

Need one out of M. Will(seat), Stevie Johnson, Jennings, Gaffney, Boss(Starting O Daniels, Andre, Calvin)

Would enjoy yours or any other opinions.

Thanks,

Eb

Id go Winslow, although it really is a close decision...Mercedes did get a TD vs IND last time worth noting he also only had 22 yds...with Winslow you can have a better chance at yds im thinkin

Tom,

I have another one for you. Would you go with Wallace vs. NYJ, Holmes at Pitt, or Jennings at NE? I also have an option to pick up Big Mike Williams (Seattle) vs ATL or play Joe Webb as a WR vs. Chicago. What do you think? I need to pick two..

Leaning toward Wallace and Webb. A poor outing as a QB beats a decent game from a WR in a non PPR yahoo league.

To eb:

1st league: tough flex option i go Lance Moore

For QB i got Eli or Collins or Ben\

2nd League:

I go Mason (Mike Williams 2nd)

3rd league:

Id still Jennings over these other options

Gotta run guys...will try to answer more either later tonight or in the morning..Thank you for all your questions

THANK YOU!

Alright, here's an absolutely ridiculous one I am struggling with.

Flex WR/RB spot between Joe Webb and Ahmad Bradshaw.

I'm facing a juggernaut that has Vick, McCoy, Chris Johnson, Miles Austin, Britt..

Webb: 1 Point per completion, 1 point per 20 passing, 1 per 10 rushing, 6 for any TD

Bradshaw: 1 Point per reception, 1 point per 10 rushing or receiving, 6 for any TD.

The point per completion is huge, even if Webb has a very pedestrian outing. I'm leaning towards Webb in a roll of the dice.

I have one, well, actually two:

Stewart at home against Cards or Bradshaw at home against Philly.

Pick 3 - Colston at Baltimore, Nicks at home against Philly, Megatron at Tampa and Britt at home against Houston.

My line up is set, sort of, with Collins, Stewart, SJAX, Colston, Britt and Nicks.

Trying to decide between Britt and Megatron.

I read your answer to a similar question at the WR spot but I'm throwing Colston in there too.

Guru...

I've started GB D/ST all year.

But, this week against NE (Brady is my QB), not so much.

How about Dal vs Rex G or Oak vs. Tebow??? I'll need to pick one up, but we charge $10 / transaction (5% of entry).

Thanks

Ok Guru. PPR. 1 pt per 20 return yards. No negative points for Qbs and .20 per completion.

Need 1 WR

-Percy Harvin

-Miles Austin

-Joe Webb

Leaning towards Webb. Austin has been terrible most of the season. If Harvin were to have a good day, so would Webb, and Webb has the most upside.

League 1

QB-need 1

Flacco

Freeman

Or gulp

Collins

TE

Cooley

Or

Watson

League 2 non ppr

Non ppr

Need 3

Jennings

Calvin

Collie

Boldin

TE

Zach miller

Or

Owen daniels

Thanks dude

Tom,

I have another one for you. Would you go with Wallace vs. NYJ, Holmes at Pitt, or Jennings at NE? I also have an option to pick up Big Mike Williams (Seattle) vs ATL or play Joe Webb as a WR vs. Chicago. What do you think? I need to pick two..

Leaning toward Wallace and Webb. A poor outing as a QB beats a decent game from a WR in a non PPR yahoo league.

I would go with Wallace and Jennings here. Holmes has been struggling, and i dont think Webb makes a viable option. Hes a good runner though so its possible he can bust a 50 yd run for the score. But in the preseason he showed no passing skills at all. Wallace is due against a Jets pass def thats been giving up big plays all season.

Alright, here's an absolutely ridiculous one I am struggling with.

Flex WR/RB spot between Joe Webb and Ahmad Bradshaw.

I'm facing a juggernaut that has Vick, McCoy, Chris Johnson, Miles Austin, Britt..

Webb: 1 Point per completion, 1 point per 20 passing, 1 per 10 rushing, 6 for any TD

Bradshaw: 1 Point per reception, 1 point per 10 rushing or receiving, 6 for any TD.

The point per completion is huge, even if Webb has a very pedestrian outing. I'm leaning towards Webb in a roll of the dice.

The one point per completion. Throws a twist into this move. Webb showed no skill in throwing the ball at all in preseason so dont count on 20 completions from this guy, especially in cold weather. He does run very well, but against Chicago that could be difficult.

I still lean starting Bradshaw under this format, but theres no question a quarterback that can run and possible score off every screen pass can make some big points if you need to gamble.

Forte or Mendy PPR League

Thanks

I go Forte all the way on this one. The one thing Jets Def has been good at this year is slowing down the run. I look for Forte to get some screen passes also which is good for PPR.

I have one, well, actually two:

Stewart at home against Cards or Bradshaw at home against Philly.

Pick 3 - Colston at Baltimore, Nicks at home against Philly, Megatron at Tampa and Britt at home against Houston.

My line up is set, sort of, with Collins, Stewart, SJAX, Colston, Britt and Nicks.

Trying to decide between Britt and Megatron.

I read your answer to a similar question at the WR spot but I'm throwing Colston in there too.

I go with Bradshaw against Philly over Stewart

Wow WR is a hard one, they are actually all great matchups

Colston should be good here with Nicks

I like Megatron to bounce back over Britt, but you could definitely make a case for Britt against a terrible Houston Defense.