Sign in to follow this  
vuduchile

Garrett has learned nothing.

Dominate the clock for that entire drive and then inexplicably throw the ball and stop the clock for GB.

He needs to go.

Yeah he does

He's one of the worst play callers I have ever seen

The opposing defenses know what they are doing about 90% of the time before the play

Yea it was the dumbest. So frustrating being a Cowboys fan. Just pound the ball. I almost wish Dak stopped at the 1 too. But you just have to score when it's that open. That pass should have 100% not happened though.

I almost wish Dak stopped at the 1 too. But you just have to score when it's that open.

Agree about that. You go down at the 1 and then don't score and you look like an even bigger idiot.

Yea it was the dumbest. So frustrating being a Cowboys fan. Just pound the ball. I almost wish Dak stopped at the 1 too. But you just have to score when it's that open. That pass should have 100% not happened though.

I do wish he would have stopped at the 1

Smart players and coaches do stuff like that

Remember a few years ago when We lost to Denver and Peyton told the RB to fall down at the 1?

Not trying to blame Dak, there should have been less time on the clock because the play before that hsouldn't have been a pass

Garrett just doesn't get it, he has to go

Zeke had one catch for 16 yards. That was too effective.. so naturally Garrett can't have more balls thrown to Zeke. Let's make it as difficult as possible.

Why did we re-sign Terrence Williams?

I do wish he would have stopped at the 1

Smart players and coaches do stuff like that

No and no.

If they needed a FG to win then yes. When you need a TD you get it while you can.

The mistake was not forcing GB to use their final TO before the TD.

No and no.

If they needed a FG to win then yes. When you need a TD you get it while you can.

The mistake was not forcing GB to use their final TO before the TD.

Agreed. A run instead of that pass, if you don't get in, and they burn a TO. Of course, if you do get in with the run, you're in the same place. But I think not scoring when you could can easily backfire.

Well since we know the outcome hard to say it was the right thing, but still that's not what really lost the game

It was Garrett and his bad play calling, etc.

Again...

Garrett is good for one or two losses every year. His minimum allotment being made today so early in the year, we can expect another one or two.

But being Jerry's most prized puppet of all time, Garrett won't be leaving.

Did anyone notice Dak hiking the ball with 11 seconds left on the play clock on that 2nd and 1 pass to Dez?

Why are they snapping the ball so quickly when time was on our side and we needed to kill it more? That's on Dak and coaching...

Such a puppet. Dave Campo and Chan Gailey were more believable as head coaches. Garrett will never get fired.

Yeah he does

He's one of the worst play callers I have ever seen

The opposing defenses know what they are doing about 90% of the time before the play

interesting, since he hasn't called plays since 2013. when he was calling plays, his offenses were ranked 3rd, 13th, 2nd, 7th, 11th, and 6th. both seasons he finished outside the top 7 were when romo missed most of the season, meaning his offenses were still better than average even with garbage backup QBs.

so it's pretty weird that the defense knows what the play is 90% of the time, but garrett still had one of the best offenses in the league.

it's best to learn what the hell you're talking about before hitting 'add reply'

How do you leave Rogers that much time AGAIN?

He is not very bright either.

as a cowboys fan its groundhog day again. established 1997

same ole same ole

I've been calling for Red's head for years now.. I'm not sure how many mismanaged, blown clock catastrophes it takes before Jerry wakes up and fires this idiot.

How in the fock Red pulls this shiit again after the disaster of our last meeting with GB (in the Divisional game) - I have no idea. You nailed it, he's not learned a damn thing.. It's like GB knows they just have to sit back and wait until late in the 4th, they know sometime around then Jason Garrett will show his stupid ass and give it away........ Focking moron. :wall:

I've been calling for Red's head for years now.. I'm not sure how many mismanaged, blown clock catastrophes it takes before Jerry wakes up and fires this idiot.

How in the fock Red pulls this shiit again after the disaster of our last meeting with GB (in the Divisional game) - I have no idea. You nailed it, he's not learned a damn thing.. It's like GB knows they just have to sit back and wait until late in the 4th, they know sometime around then Jason Garrett will show his stupid ass and give it away........ Focking moron. :wall:

I know you've wanted him gone for awhile. I've been sort of indifferent. But now, I think it's time.

Granted, the defensive players need to be able to stop a 2 minute drive to win a game if they have any hopes of winning in the playoffs They obviously don't have the talent to do that.

But, the writing was on the wall during last year's playoff game before it happened and he did nothing about it. Then again yesterday he lets the same thing unfold all over again? It was like a nightmare I couldn't wake up from.

The entire country could see this coming from a mile away and he's standing on the sidelines but can't figure it out? C'mon man! Isn't there someone on the coaching staff who could relay Aikman's game commentary to him or something?

With about 3 minutes to go, my 10 yr old son, who plays QB for his elementary school flag football team, turned to me and said. "This is gonna be a repeat of last year's playoff game."

With about 3 minutes to go, my 10 yr old son, who plays QB for his elementary school flag football team, turned to me and said. "This is gonna be a repeat of last year's playoff game."

Up until last year, and the infamous late 4th quarter time out he called (to give Rodgers enuff time) - I thought that was Red's crowning moment of stupidity........ He may have just topped himself.

Up until last year, and the infamous late 4th quarter time out he called (to give Rodgers enuff time) - I thought that was Red's crowning moment of stupidity........ He may have just topped himself.

Yup.

I imagine the players, especially the offense, are beside themselves over it.

They rammed the ball right down GB's throat on that last drive for almost 9 focking minutes. They did exactly what they were supposed to, then pissed it all away by mis managing the clock.

No, that TO call was worse. Both bad, but that was horrible.

interesting, since he hasn't called plays since 2013. when he was calling plays, his offenses were ranked 3rd, 13th, 2nd, 7th, 11th, and 6th. both seasons he finished outside the top 7 were when romo missed most of the season, meaning his offenses were still better than average even with garbage backup QBs.

so it's pretty weird that the defense knows what the play is 90% of the time, but garrett still had one of the best offenses in the league.

it's best to learn what the hell you're talking about before hitting 'add reply'

No, he doesn't do anything, he doesn't call plays the guy he chose to call plays does that, Linehan does, he's under him so ultimately it's Garrett, that's why I blame Garrett, the play calling looks eerily similar to what it was under him

You want to mention him not calling plays so it's not his fault, yet want to give him credit for the offensive ranking, how does that work? He's the head coach so it's all ultimately his fault, that was what I was implying but I see you are too dumb to figure that out

They have one of the best offenses in the league because the have tremendous talent on offense, yet they have often struggled to win due to poor coaching, especially when they face a team with an offense as good or better, like Green Bay

Go ahead and cheer him on if you want and watch the team flutter

Icing his own kicker was a good one too

Why do they still have Dak hiking it in the 4th with 11 seconds left on the play clock....stupid, stupid, stupid!

No, he doesn't do anything, he doesn't call plays the guy he chose to call plays does that, Linehan does, he's under him so ultimately it's Garrett, that's why I blame Garrett, the play calling looks eerily similar to what it was under him

You want to mention him not calling plays so it's not his fault, yet want to give him credit for the offensive ranking, how does that work? He's the head coach so it's all ultimately his fault, that was what I was implying but I see you are too dumb to figure that out

They have one of the best offenses in the league because the have tremendous talent on offense, yet they have often struggled to win due to poor coaching, especially when they face a team with an offense as good or better, like Green Bay

Go ahead and cheer him on if you want and watch the team flutter

this is some of the strangest drivel i've read on this site, which is saying something.

you said that garrett is a terrible playcaller, but he doesn't call the plays, so you were wrong.

you said that garrett is a terrible playcaller, but during the years when he did call the plays, DAL had one of the best offenses in the league, so you were wrong.

you say that linehan is a bad playcaller, but when he had romo and prescott instead of cassell and weeden, DAL had one of the most efficient offenses in the league. so yet again, you were wrong.

stop being wrong.

the reason they have that tremendous talent on the offense is that garrett convinced jerry to invest 1st round picks on the OL, which jerry absolutely refused to do for any other coach. what does the offense look like now? literally exactly what garrett was talking about way back when he came in as an assistant coach: mauling offensive line with a dynamic RB and ball-protecting QB in a run first/downfield passing attack. in 2017 when romo went down, garrett and linehan had 2 weeks to completely gut the romo-style offense and rebuild it around a rookie spread QB who had never taken a snap from under center and had never run a pro-style huddle. and that offense finished 5th in the league.

both garrett and linehan are excellent playcallers, who occasionally make head-scratching calls and big mistakes.

learn about actual football instead of just fantasy, and you'll look less silly.

this is some of the strangest drivel i've read on this site, which is saying something.

you said that garrett is a terrible playcaller, but he doesn't call the plays, so you were wrong.

you said that garrett is a terrible playcaller, but during the years when he did call the plays, DAL had one of the best offenses in the league, so you were wrong.

you say that linehan is a bad playcaller, but when he had romo and prescott instead of cassell and weeden, DAL had one of the most efficient offenses in the league. so yet again, you were wrong.

stop being wrong.

the reason they have that tremendous talent on the offense is that garrett convinced jerry to invest 1st round picks on the OL, which jerry absolutely refused to do for any other coach. what does the offense look like now? literally exactly what garrett was talking about way back when he came in as an assistant coach: mauling offensive line with a dynamic RB and ball-protecting QB in a run first/downfield passing attack. in 2017 when romo went down, garrett and linehan had 2 weeks to completely gut the romo-style offense and rebuild it around a rookie spread QB who had never taken a snap from under center and had never run a pro-style huddle. and that offense finished 5th in the league.

both garrett and linehan are excellent playcallers, who occasionally make head-scratching calls and big mistakes.

learn about actual football instead of just fantasy, and you'll look less silly.

Not as silly as the guy acting like Jason Garrett is a good coach or play caller, Ray Lewis said it when he was OC, Dallas runs the most predictable sets, and I have heard others say that since, hell you can tell it when they line up

He did get them to invest in the OL, which I give him credit for, but that's it, he's not the reason they have Dak or Zeke, or Dez, or Witten, or had Romo etc. so you're wrong about that too

He learned that from Jimmy, which is the only thing he learned apparently

The offense is pretty much the same one they ran with Romo when they had Murray, adding a read option play isn't exactly gutting the entire offense

If you want to base the team on offensive rankings be my guest but the thing that matters is wins and Garrett doesn't produce the big ones, he loses them, this great season with Weeden and Casell you speak so hgihly of take a look at Dan Bailey's PAT attempts compared to other years, will tell you the offense sucked, so efficiency doesn't mean a thing if it doesn't produce points

Stop supporting mediocrity

Not as silly as the guy acting like Jason Garrett is a good coach or play caller, Ray Lewis said it when he was OC, Dallas runs the most predictable sets, and I have heard others say that since, hell you can tell it when they line up

He did get them to invest in the OL, which I give him credit for, but that's it, he's not the reason they have Dak or Zeke, or Dez, or Witten, or had Romo etc. so you're wrong about that too

He learned that from Jimmy, which is the only thing he learned apparently

The offense is pretty much the same one they ran with Romo when they had Murray, adding a read option play isn't exactly gutting the entire offense

If you want to base the team on offensive rankings be my guest but the thing that matters is wins and Garrett doesn't produce the big ones, he loses them, this great season with Weeden and Casell you speak so hgihly of take a look at Dan Bailey's PAT attempts compared to other years, will tell you the offense sucked, so efficiency doesn't mean a thing if it doesn't produce points

Stop supporting mediocrity

you're continuing to be wrong.

look at when you posted this. DAL just lost 2 consecutive games when they racked up 30+ points and 400+ yards, and for some reason you're complaining about offense instead of defense. that's what uninformed posters do--they latch onto shiny things and get hysterical instead of calmly assessing the real issues, like the pervasive talent imbalance and cap misallocation.

you want to make an intelligent complaint? try this: for the same price they paid for la'el collins and terrence williams, DAL could have had olivier vernon. had you pointed out the massive flaws in team structure, i would have nodded right along. had you griped about the dead money from cutting thornton despite his guarantee, you'd be right. ###### about taco? no argument.

but for some reason, the thing that this week's 31 point, 408 yard, 67% 3rd/4th down conversion rate performance triggered in your mind is "garrett is a predictable playcaller"

it's just comedy.

look at when you posted this. DAL just lost 2 consecutive games when they racked up 30+ points and 400+ yards, and for some reason you're complaining about offense instead of defense. that's what uninformed posters do--they latch onto shiny things and get hysterical instead of calmly assessing the real issues, like the pervasive talent imbalance and cap misallocation.

you want to make an intelligent complaint? try this: for the same price they paid for la'el collins and terrence williams, DAL could have had olivier vernon. had you pointed out the massive flaws in team structure, i would have nodded right along. had you griped about the dead money from cutting thornton despite his guarantee, you'd be right. ###### about taco? no argument.

but for some reason, the thing that this week's 31 point, 408 yard, 67% 3rd/4th down conversion rate performance triggered in your mind is "garrett is a predictable playcaller"

it's just comedy.

The play calling is definitely curious at times, but the pure stupidity of allowing Arod that much time at the end of the game after he schooled you on why you shouldn't during last year's playoffs is inexcusable.

The clock management is completely within their control and they botched it.

The play calling is definitely curious at times, but the pure stupidity of allowing Arod that much time at the end of the game after he schooled you on why you shouldn't during last year's playoffs is inexcusable.

The clock management is completely within their control and they botched it.

see this, polecatt? this is intelligent, fact-based critique.

it's just comedy.

Did you miss above where I asked why we re-signed Terrence Williams? Besides complaining about the personnel is more of an off season thing. Stuff the coaching staff does now is what can be fixed.

The poor play calling is passing to Dez instead of running time off the clock.

Did you forget the game 3 or 4 years ago where we lost a 21 pt 4th quarter lead to Green Bay because we passed instead of running it?

Yeah, we put up a lot of points the past two games but we lost both didn't we. We had a chance to win both at the end but the offense couldn't get done what it needed to. Just like not being able to sit on double digit leads in both games because the offense went stagnant for a long period of time, mainly due to poor and predictable play calling. You know, maybe if that didn't happen we score 41 instead of 31 and we have two wins instead of two losses.

We have a bad defense but that goes without saying, all the talent is on offense so it makes more sense to critique them when they screw up because we know we can't rely on the defense.

Nothing at all wrong about any of that. You just don't have the critical thinking skills to put it together because I had harsh words for your man crush.

see this, polecatt? this is intelligent, fact-based critique.

How would you know?

All you know how to do is look at a box score, and you can't even do that right or you would have noticed in these games where the offense has been so spectacular, we haven't scored a point in the 3rd quarter, and scored 45 in the first half and only 16 in the 2nd total. That's brilliant offense I must say, in the first half that is. Pretty bad in the 2nd though, you know where we lost both games.

I'm done talking about this, you clearly aren't as smart as you think you are.