Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

So I went to my first pot dispensary

:rolleyes: Hardly any proven benefits, but there are a few. As a lay expert, what do you think medical MJ treats?

Its got its benefits. Its also natural which I think makes it ok. I dont smoke personally and couldnt give two sh1ts if it was legal or not. But we do have a lot worse things that are legal that actually kill people every year such as cigarettes, opioids, and alcohol that are manmade.

And the criminal justice system is doing a great job reforming the addicts.

I didn't know that's what the cjs was for. I thought the medical community handled that? Hard to when the the medical field is causing and feeding the addiction in the first place. Fact.

Its got its benefits. Its also natural which I think makes it ok. I dont smoke personally and couldnt give two sh1ts if it was legal or not. But we do have a lot worse things that are legal that actually kill people every year such as cigarettes, opioids, and alcohol that are manmade.

I didn't say it had no medical benefit - I said many people using medical MJ were doing so for recreational purposes.

And spare me the appeal to nature - some of the most toxic compounds known to man are naturally derived, and the are plenty of helpful synthetics.

It being natural has nothing to do with it being okay. Some of the most dangerous things on earth are "natural" (what is natural is a different discussion for a different day). But anyone denying that marijuana doesn't have medical benefits whether its natural or not has either already made their mind up or isn't looking. There is more than enough content out there to support MMJ.

I didn't say it had no medical benefit - I said most people using medical MJ were doing so for recreational purposes.

And spare me the appeal to nature - some of the most toxic compounds known to man are naturally derived, and the are plenty of helpful synthetics.

I just said this. :doublethumbsup:

Family friend of my parents got stomach cancer. Helped him a lot his final 2 years of life.

I KNOW some of the most toxic substances are naturally occurring. That has nothing to do with this or what Im even referring to. Your missing the point I was making. Im stating that its natural and isnt deadly compared to manmade things like alcohol, opioids, and cigarettes that are actually legal and kill a lot of people every year.

Also, I KNOW people were using medical marijuana recreationally. Plenty of doctors were giving out their recommendations for it if the person paid the fee. From my understanding, it wasnt that hard to get one

:rolleyes: Hardly any proven benefits, but there are a few. As a lay expert, what do you think medical MJ treats?

Numerous. Pointless to go into it with you. Like 90s said, it helped his relatives friend. Its helped people with seizures, appetite, pain, anxiety, could go on and on. Google it, learn something about medicine. I could link 10 pages explaining multiple benefits across multiple avenues of treatment and ailments.

Sure.

Cant be serious. So you want cocaine, meth and heroine to be legal? Or decriminalized as you put it. Cannot be real here. Ill give you one shot to redeem or explain.

I KNOW some of the most toxic substances are naturally occurring. That has nothing to do with this or what Im even referring to. Your missing the point I was making. Im stating that its natural and isnt deadly compared to manmade things like alcohol, opioids, and cigarettes that are actually legal and kill a lot of people every year.

Also, I KNOW people were using medical marijuana recreationally. Plenty of doctors were giving out their recommendations for it if the person paid the fee. From my understanding, it wasnt that hard to get one

Something being natural or man made should have NOTHING to do with if it is good or bad. Only the effects that it has if you take that substance. Many would argue anything a man makes it natural. I would.

Something being natural or man made should have NOTHING to do with if it is good or bad. Only the effects that it has if you take that substance. Many would argue anything a man makes it natural. I would.

I can see where youre coming from. Ive just seen a lot of people who defend cigarettes by saying tobacco is grown by farmers and is natural so it should be legal but when same logic is applied to marijuana it doesnt hold up. Even though cigarettes are proven to kill thousands of people every year and even has a warning label on the packs saying so but is still legal

Did you partake?

If so, how was it?

Do they sell hash there?

A friend and I bought the chocolate bar as pictured on the top shelf of the edibles pic.12 squares was $54 including tax and two squares was more than enough for a nice 6+ hour buzz.I did not see anything hashish related but then again this was later afternoon and I had been drinking Irish Margaritas and was on a mission to find a pot edible for the tip-off of March Madness the next day.

Numerous. Pointless to go into it with you. Like 90s said, it helped his relatives friend. Its helped people with seizures, appetite, pain, anxiety, could go on and on. Google it, learn something about medicine. I could link 10 pages explaining multiple benefits across multiple avenues of treatment and ailments. Cant be serious. So you want cocaine, meth and heroine to be legal? Or decriminalized as you put it. Cannot be real here. Ill give you one shot to redeem or explain.

You cant link anything more credible than the National Academy Of Sciences summary on the health effects of cannabanoids - http://nationalacademies.org/hmd/reports/2017/health-effects-of-cannabis-and-cannabinoids.aspx

This isnt politics, there are actual standards for establishing medical efficacy. Knowing someone whom you think benefitted doesnt cut it, nor do google searches resulting in anything but randomized controlled studies in peer reviewed journals. To be clear, Im not arguing MJ has no medicinal benefit - my original statement pertained to users of medical marijuana.

Look up decriminalize versus legalize before acting up any more.

Look up decriminalize versus legalize before acting up any more.

It’s lessening punishment for those crimes. I’d go the other way and make the punishments harsher but to each their own.

It’s lessening punishment for those crimes. I’d go the other way and make the punishments harsher but to each their own.

I'd prefer we invest money in preventing and rehabilitating addicts rather than filling our prisons with them. :dunno:

I'd prefer we invest money in preventing and rehabilitating addicts rather than filling our prisons with them. :dunno:

+1

How much money should we throw at it? And what % of hardcore addicts ever actually kick?

You think our prisons are full of people who just took drugs? Thats all they did?

How much money should we throw at it? And what % of hardcore addicts ever actually kick?

Its more about how you approach the problem. It costs an average of around 35k to house a prisoner for a year. Is it better to spend money locking them up, where they just learn to be better prisoners, or treat it as a health problem. We already lock up more people than any other country on the planet, yet still have one of the worst drug epidemics. :dunno:

Its more about how you approach the problem. It costs an average of around 35k to house a prisoner for a year. Is it better to spend money locking them up, where they just learn to be better prisoners, or treat it as a health problem. We already lock up more people than any other country on the planet, yet still have one of the worst drug epidemics. :dunno:

You would be right if the only thing they did was use drugs. That's not what gets them serious time in a prison. Possesion of drugs for personal consumption rarely gets anyone time in prison. Some time in county, perhaps the most habitual offenders get some state time. It's a falicy that we imprison drug addicts, just for using drugs.

46% of federal prisoners were incarcerated because of drug offenses, according to to this source: https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_offenses.jsp

I know many of them did more than just take drugs, but what is your point?

They are there for selling drugs. They're dealers, not addicts. No one gets federal time for using drugs. If there are so many poor addicts in our federal prisons, why didn't Obama pardon them? He was pardoning every other kind of criminal. I'll answer that for you: they don't exist, that's why.

46% of federal prisoners were incarcerated because of drug offenses, according to to this source: https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_offenses.jsp

I know many of them did more than just take drugs, but what is your point?

And a lot of them are there for selling small amounts of weed or coke. Low level dudes. A disproportionate number of black dudes at that...

And a lot of them are there for selling small amounts of weed or coke. Low level dudes. A disproportionate number of black dudes at that...

In federal prison? No. I'll say it again, why didn't Obama Pardon some of these people, if there are so many? A US attorney isn't taking low level drug cases. It just doesn't happen. They may let someone plea down to it if they are a co-operating witness. And if they have a large amount of narcotics they will prosecute that, because when you have that much the presumption is you're selling it. Your local narcotics team isn't bringing the corner crackhead or dealer into the AUSA's office for prosecution.

In federal prison? No. I'll say it again, why didn't Obama Pardon some of these people, if there are so many? A US attorney isn't taking low level drug cases. It just doesn't happen. They may let someone plea down to it if they are a co-operating witness. And if they have a large amount of narcotics they will prosecute that, because when you have that much the presumption is you're selling it. Your local narcotics team isn't bringing the corner crackhead or dealer into the AUSA's office for prosecution.

Youll have to excuse me, but Im not really interested in talking about Obama. Thats your guys thing. Im also not talking about federal prison specifically. That was pen. Im talking about how the criminal justice system treats drug offenders in general. Especially those of color.

Youll have to excuse me, but Im not really interested in talking about Obama. Thats your guys thing. Im also not talking about federal prison specifically. That was pen. Im talking about how the criminal justice system treats drug offenders in general. Especially those of color.

You want the CJS to go easier on drug dealers? Why?

You want the CJS to go easier on drug dealers? Why?

Youre projecting a bit. I want the criminal justice system to be about rehabilitation, with sentencing and comprehensive criminal justice reform all around. What weve been doing over the last couple decades with the war on drugs and stiff sentencing has been a failure. Mandatory minimum sentences, three strikes, etc. Prisons are overcrowded and rehabilitation and education programs have been slashed. Prisons are about further punishment, instead of helping these people transition back into society (which a huge majority of them will). Theyre already punished by being in prison in the first place.

Youre projecting a bit. I want the criminal justice system to be about rehabilitation, with sentencing and comprehensive criminal justice reform all around. What weve been doing over the last couple decades with the war on drugs and stiff sentencing has been a failure. Mandatory minimum sentences, three strikes, etc. Prisons are overcrowded and rehabilitation and education programs have been slashed. Prisons are about further punishment, instead of helping these people transition back into society (which a huge majority of them will). Theyre already punished by being in prison in the first place.

Rehab for users, jail for dealers. It's pretty much what is happening. I don't know where everyone gets the notion that users are filling up the prisons. Just because a guy uses drugs doesn't mean he's not out sticking people up or breaking into houses. Most, no, the overwhelming amount of people doing hard time are there for violent crimes. And the victims of those violent crimes are black dudes and duddets. Who do you think testifies against them?

Rehab for users, jail for dealers. It's pretty much what is happening. I don't know where everyone gets the notion that users are filling up the prisons. Just because a guy uses drugs doesn't mean he's not out sticking people up or breaking into houses. Most, no, the overwhelming amount of people doing hard time are there for violent crimes. And the victims of those violent crimes are black dudes and duddets. Who do you think testifies against them?

Of course. And while California and New York have more progressive drug laws, you have to remember some states still have very harsh punishments for minor drug infractions. In Louisiana, possession of marijuana is a felony, on your second offense. Cocaine and heroin possession are even harsher. Growing a pot plant in Oklahoma is a felony that can get you 2-5. In Florida, growing can get you up to 10. Simple possession of cocaine is punishable up to 5 years for a first time offender. Its not hard to connect the dots and see how being convicted of these relatively minor crimes can lead to a life of repeat offending. Not too many people looking to hire a felon, regardless of the severity of their original crime. Just my opinion...

They are there for selling drugs. They're dealers, not addicts. No one gets federal time for using drugs. If there are so many poor addicts in our federal prisons, why didn't Obama pardon them? He was pardoning every other kind of criminal. I'll answer that for you: they don't exist, that's why.

The stats are easy to find for federal prison, but it isn't just inmates in the pen. And I couldn't care less about our prior President's pardons, or lack thereof.

The stats are easy to find for federal prison, but it isn't just inmates in the pen. And I couldn't care less about our prior President's pardons, or lack thereof.

The point about Obama is that the people in prison for using drugs would have been the first people he pardoned. It's an indicator that there aren't any. And the rest of your statement makes no sense. It's not just inmates in the Pen? Huh?

Of course. And while California and New York have more progressive drug laws, you have to remember some states still have very harsh punishments for minor drug infractions. In Louisiana, possession of marijuana is a felony, on your second offense. Cocaine and heroin possession are even harsher. Growing a pot plant in Oklahoma is a felony that can get you 2-5. In Florida, growing can get you up to 10. Simple possession of cocaine is punishable up to 5 years for a first time offender. Its not hard to connect the dots and see how being convicted of these relatively minor crimes can lead to a life of repeat offending. Not too many people looking to hire a felon, regardless of the severity of their original crime. Just my opinion...

Louisiana has reformed their sentence guidelines. Didn't look at the rest, but I'm going to say that the overwhelming amount of states have acknowledged the difference between drug users and drug dealers, and adjusted accordingly.

The point about Obama is that the people in prison for using drugs would have been the first people he pardoned. It's an indicator that there aren't any. And the rest of your statement makes no sense. It's not just inmates in the Pen? Huh?

Drug crime and punishment are excessive in all levels of our criminal justice system. I don't think such policy is doing anyone much good, even Obama. :dunno:

Louisiana has reformed their sentence guidelines. Didn't look at the rest, but I'm going to say that the overwhelming amount of states have acknowledged the difference between drug users and drug dealers, and adjusted accordingly.

Thats possible. I was getting my data from http://norml.org/laws

It seems to be up to date, but not 100% sure.

I think wed be hard pressed to save many hardcore addicts without physically locking them up.

I was listening to David Crosby tell his story recently and among other things he talked about:

Many addicts run out of money fast, leading them to a life of crime to support their habit.

Most addicts, even those who are imprisoned, who try to rehab will fail.

Being locked in a prison with 0 access to anything and no pampering literally saved his life.

Maybe addicts dont need to be put away with murderers and rapists. But low rent Betty Fords and methadone clinics dont seem to be very effective either.

so just purchased a lot in here for new facility

its like fricking Disneyland

That looks very interesting,tell me more

So far, every single time nzoner goes to a pot dispensary, we have to hear about it. :mad:

• Like 1

So far, every single time nzoner goes to a pot dispensary, we have to hear about it. :mad:

Meh. I'll take that over the numerous threads started by our resident liberal/conservative slap-fighters every day.

Meh. I'll take that over the numerous threads started by our resident liberal/conservative slap-fighters every day.

You are such an Obama and Trump apologist