Sign in to follow this  
Mungwater

Mizzou president resigns

What's the deal with this story? I know the football players were on strike amid some stories floating around campus. What do people expect the guy to do?

investigate, do whatever, but one guy can't change kids being .

race card bs witch hunt. fake outrage from dumass lib students.

this :first:

Our sports talk radio here is pretty much dominated by this right now,I haven't been listening in depth but have seen some of the comments etc from students and it's focking ugly.

One I recall from an apparent anonymous app was something about how do you hide a ****er's welfare check from him,put it under his work boot.

focking bullies.cost a man his job because they are whiny poosays. some dude writes a facebook status that he's butthurt about someone using racial slurs and now they blame the president because he's not making kids go to diversity training classes. ridiculous.

when is obama resigning? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

focking bullies.cost a man his job because they are whiny poosays. some dude writes a facebook status that he's butthurt about someone using racial slurs and now they blame the president because he's not making kids go to diversity training classes. ridiculous.

when is obama resigning? :rolleyes:

Explain the Obama relevance. This is just going to get worse and worse. Do you really think this stops if a white guy wins next year?

Explain the Obama relevance. This is just going to get worse and worse. Do you really think this stops if a white guy wins next year?

Because his administration has brought riled this chit up, he & they are FULLY to blame for the present day anger & division.

Really Newbs.......open your eyes.

Students demanded action with a peaceful protest. President resigned. I have not followed this very closely but as long as these protests did not infringe upon the rights of the non protesters, I don't have a problem with it. This is how America is suppose to work.

Because his administration has brought riled this chit up, he & they are FULLY to blame for the present day anger & division.

Really Newbs.......open your eyes.

that is just stupid.

Sports radio finally listed some of the issues, and they are pretty focked up.

Yelling N###er at a rally or a rehearsal of some kind.

Decorating walls with a swastika of human feces.

The fact the administration turned a blind eye is what has everyone pissed.

Head FB coach backed the players- not that he had a choice, if he ever thought he could recruit another season.

I wonder when their outrage will extend to the hip-hop community? :dunno:

Misogyny and racism in rap music is covered under the "when we do it its ok" defense..... ;)

Sports radio finally listed some of the issues, and they are pretty focked up.

Yelling N###er at a rally or a rehearsal of some kind.

Decorating walls with a swastika of human feces.

The fact the administration turned a blind eye is what has everyone pissed.

Head FB coach backed the players- not that he had a choice, if he ever thought he could recruit another season.

Have the students announced how they would have handled this differently? Might it included someone in hand cuffs being hauled out of a classroom? just wondering....

My only point of contention is this seems like over-kill. The President didn't "do" anything himself. There were a couple incidents in and around campus that had to due with race. The people who said those things or painted that swastika are the actual people who should be held accountable. The President seems to be some kind of scapegoat here.

Now one might say the President didn't do enough. Okay, but even when he did come out and say "You know what, maybe you guys are right, more should be done from an administration standpoint and I'm going to get together a Diversity task force here on campus to investigate this." That was not enough. It was either the President quit or nothing.

That seems like a Bully tactic in and of itself. We've gone from being able to talk about things to "THEY MUST BE FIRED!@#!" really quickly these days it seems, with little wiggle room in the middle. :dunno:

My only point of contention is this seems like over-kill. The President didn't "do" anything himself. There were a couple incidents in and around campus that had to due with race. The people who said those things or painted that swastika are the actual people who should be held accountable. The President seems to be some kind of scapegoat here.

Now one might say the President didn't do enough. Okay, but even when he did come out and say "You know what, maybe you guys are right, more should be done from an administration standpoint and I'm going to get together a Diversity task force here on campus to investigate this." That was not enough. It was either the President quit or nothing.

That seems like a Bully tactic in and of itself. We've gone from being able to talk about things to "THEY MUST BE FIRED!@#!" really quickly these days it seems, with little wiggle room in the middle. :dunno:

It's a bully tactic to be certain and can used virtually at any time on any campus in the U.S.

The next president of Missouri now will be a woman, because they can't hire a white guy, and they won't hire a black guy.

i was being sarcastic. it's like saying race relations are worse than ever in this country and obama should resign because he has not done enough.

what was this president supposed to do because someone called someone a racist word?

It sounds like the students themselves should take some responsibilty.

What happened to beating the sh!t out of the idiot yelling the n word at a rally...then moving on with your life?

I know we are talking about millennials, who want everything handed to them without doing any work, but come on!

Bully tactic you say, unpossible!! The poor wittul pwotestors were bullied..... wish i could send them a box of tissues and some vagisil.....

Which one can't you afford? It's the football team, it's not like they're hard to find.

If no football players took the field from mizzou.....would anyone care?

i liked in the article how they demand Wolfe acknowledge his white privilege and be terminated.... like the GoT SHAME scene...

Also trying to link hillbilly imbreds with confed flags in their pickup trucks and deranged idiots molding human feces into antisemetic expressions with anything you could describe as elitism...

Obiously that stuff is awful and should be condemned and shouldn't happen anywhere especially places of higher education.

List of Demands

I. We demand that the University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten apology to the Concerned Student 1­9­5­0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exist, and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1­9­5­0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators.

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president. After his removal a new amendment to UM system policies must be established to have all future UM system president and Chancellor positions be selected by a collective of students, staff, and faculty of diverse backgrounds.

III. We demand that the University of Missouri meets the Legion of Black Collegians' demands that were presented in 1969 for the betterment of the black community.

IV. We demand that the University of Missouri creates and enforces comprehensive racial awareness and inclusion curriculum throughout all campus departments and units, mandatory for all students, faculty, staff, and administration. This curriculum must be vetted, maintained, and overseen by a board comprised of students, staff, and faculty of color.

V. We demand that by the academic year 2017-­2018, the University of Missouri increases the percentage of black faculty and staff campus­wide to 10%.

VI. We demand that the University of Missouri composes a strategic 10 year plan by May 1, 2016 that will increase retention rates for marginalized students, sustain diversity curriculum and training, and promote a more safe and inclusive campus.

VII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding and resources for the University of Missouri Counseling Center for the purpose of hiring additional mental health professionals; particularly those of color, boosting mental health outreach and programming across campus, increasing campus­wide awareness and visibility of the counseling center, and reducing lengthy wait times for prospective clients.

VIII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding, resources, and personnel for the social justices centers on campus for the purpose of hiring additional professionals, particularly those of color, boosting outreach and programming across campus, and increasing campus­wide awareness and visibility.

List of Demands

I. We demand that the University of Missouri System President, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten apology to the Concerned Student 1­9­5­0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exist, and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1­9­5­0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and lastly refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department used excessive force with demonstrators.

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president. After his removal a new amendment to UM system policies must be established to have all future UM system president and Chancellor positions be selected by a collective of students, staff, and faculty of diverse backgrounds.

III. We demand that the University of Missouri meets the Legion of Black Collegians' demands that were presented in 1969 for the betterment of the black community.

IV. We demand that the University of Missouri creates and enforces comprehensive racial awareness and inclusion curriculum throughout all campus departments and units, mandatory for all students, faculty, staff, and administration. This curriculum must be vetted, maintained, and overseen by a board comprised of students, staff, and faculty of color.

V. We demand that by the academic year 2017-­2018, the University of Missouri increases the percentage of black faculty and staff campus­wide to 10%.

VI. We demand that the University of Missouri composes a strategic 10 year plan by May 1, 2016 that will increase retention rates for marginalized students, sustain diversity curriculum and training, and promote a more safe and inclusive campus.

VII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding and resources for the University of Missouri Counseling Center for the purpose of hiring additional mental health professionals; particularly those of color, boosting mental health outreach and programming across campus, increasing campus­wide awareness and visibility of the counseling center, and reducing lengthy wait times for prospective clients.

VIII. We demand that the University of Missouri increases funding, resources, and personnel for the social justices centers on campus for the purpose of hiring additional professionals, particularly those of color, boosting outreach and programming across campus, and increasing campus­wide awareness and visibility.

College kids have too much time on their hands. :doh:

I would tell them to go screw themselves... If they don't like what is going on, change schools...

Then rebuild it not listening to the demands of some wacky group...

Maybe these geniuses can start their own university. They seem to have it all figured out.

Maybe these geniuses can start their own university. They seem to have it all figured out.

Sure does sound like it doesn't it...

If no football players took the field from mizzou.....would anyone care?

It would be great if no one showed up for the remaining games.

You know its easier being white... Admit it.

Life is not supposed to be easy. White, black who cares. Life is hard.

Next they'll want to change the school name because of all the Civil War history tied to it.

Pvssies.

I find Newbies frosted tips a hell of a lot more offensive than sh1t swastikas.

Pvssies.

I find Newbies frosted tips a hell of a lot more offensive than sh1t swastikas.

2004 called

I would tell them to go screw themselves... If they don't like what is going on, transfer to Kansas

That's better

Life is not supposed to be easy. White, black who cares. Life is hard.

Life is hard if one is a whiney little baby who blames other people for their own failures. Life is still hard for those of us who bust our arses to better our lives, its just that our lives get better eventually.....

• Like 1

Our sports talk radio here is pretty much dominated by this right now,I haven't been listening in depth but have seen some of the comments etc from students and it's focking ugly.

One I recall from an apparent anonymous app was something about how do you hide a ****er's welfare check from him,put it under his work boot.

An oldie, but a goodie.

• Like 1

List of Demands

PRESIDENT: GET FOCKED.

II. We demand the immediate removal of Tim Wolfe as UM system president. After his removal a new amendment to UM system policies must be established to have all future UM system president and Chancellor positions be selected by a collective of students, staff, and faculty of diverse background

School President replies like that; I'll go back to college just so I can attend there.

I'm SO tired of the crybaby bullshit.