Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Do you think cell phones will settle down?

What I mean by that is, do you think people will ever get over the fact that you don't have to f****** film every f****** thing these days? And, you don't have to take a picture of yourself every five minutes? I guess I'm asking the same thing about social media too. But this nonsense were for women go out and all four of them spend the entire time staring at their phones? Do you think the novelty will finally wear down a little bit? Or are we stuck with this b******* forever now?

I think what drives me the most nuts is any event that happens, he'll Jesus could come back to town and instead of enjoying the moment and seeing it with her own eyes? People literally look through a 3 inch screen so they can film it like their zeffirelli or something.

Seems like people have finally more less figured out that taking a picture of every f****** thing you eat has jump the shark. But it seems for every one thing that Fades away, there's about 10 things that start up.

I was watching the Michigan game recently and they were taking the field running out of the tunnel and there was a person standing at the entrance off to the side taking a picture as the players ran by but he didn't take a picture as pictures have been taken forever, he was leaning and making this face as he interjected his stupid self into that shot. that's what we have become. We no longer go watch a game, we watch and record ourselves at a game. We are so self absorbed.

• Like 1

I think phones will be replaced by something wearable or implanted, probably in a decade or so. I'll trade my flip phone in then. In the meantime, we have to put up with the nonsense.

People use their phones (texting, selfies, facebook) in public for one of two reasons:

1. Seeking attention

2. Insecurities

They are the modern day version of the cigarette.

Unfortunately, based on the fact that grandmas all the way down to toddlers are snapping selfies and checking facebook I don't think this is something people will outgrow. On the bright side, you can use it as a filter. Whenever I see someone in a public place who is having an actual conversation or reading a book or people watching they immediately grab my attention because it is so rare.

People use their phones (texting, selfies, facebook) in public for one of two reasons:

1. Seeking attention

2. Insecurities

They are the modern day version of the cigarette.

Unfortunately, based on the fact that grandmas all the way down to toddlers are snapping selfies and checking facebook I don't think this is something people will outgrow. On the bright side, you can use it as a filter. Whenever I see someone in a public place who is having an actual conversation or reading a book or people watching they immediately grab my attention because it is so rare.

I'm usually reading a book on my phone...

One thing that bugs me is the people who go to concerts and record the whole dam concert, essentially watching it through their phone and then posting that recording

It wont change as long as there are people who believe others give a crap about this stuff.

I'm OK with taking pictures, videos etc. If you wanna capture the moment, great. Isn't that what it's for?

It's the social media posting that I cant stand. No one really cares that much.

Why live your life, when you can record it?

I hate Facebook. Strong word, but it's true. Sure there are a few nice things about it, but so many family/friends waste so much focking time on there. And then they see what other people have or are doing and become envious. They spend so much time living other people's lives that they don't enjoy their own.

Who needs a cell phone when eating dinner (at home or at a restaurant)? Who needs a cell phone when watching a movie with their significant other and/or kids? Or when their driving. Nothing can wait...Mary has to know I'm going to pick up those sandals tomorrow and she needs to know it RIGHT NOW!

I waste too much time on forums.

I suppose that's what the advancements in our world have created. More time to waste on stupid sh!t.

I only recently started doing Panoramic pictures after having an Iphone 6 for 2 years.

They look incredible.

The only reason I am getting the iphone 8 is for the camera

It wont change as long as there are people who believe others give a crap about this stuff.

I'm OK with taking pictures, videos etc. If you wanna capture the moment, great. Isn't that what it's for?

It's the social media posting that I cant stand. No one really cares that much.

Not true in some cases, don't you hate that family that always posts pictures of their kids. Well those photos are not for you they are for Grandma.

I think phones will be replaced by something wearable or implanted, probably in a decade or so. I'll trade my flip phone in then. In the meantime, we have to put up with the nonsense.

Yes it will all become much more seemless, but also more sinister as you will then essentially live your life through social media and the like

Not true in some cases, don't you hate that family that always posts pictures of their kids. Well those photos are not for you they are for Grandma.

If grandma has Facebook she has e-mail and text. Pictures travel just fine over them. It's vanity, always has been.

I only recently started doing Panoramic pictures after having an Iphone 6 for 2 years.

They look incredible.

The only reason I am getting the iphone 8 is for the camera

Youll love it. The camera jump from the 6 to the 7 was big. The 8 will be further along Im sure.

I rarely take panoramics, but when I do, they are awesome. Have one on the top of a volcano In the Philippines. Its gorgeous. Will try to get some good ones when we do the sunrise at Borobudur in two weeks. Should frame some of those.

• Like 1

Youll love it. The camera jump from the 6 to the 7 was big. The 8 will be further along Im sure.

I rarely take panoramics, but when I do, they are awesome. Have one on the top of a volcano In the Philippines. Its gorgeous. Will try to get some good ones when we do the sunrise at Borobudur in two weeks. Should frame some of those.

:thumbsup:

Had dinner at the beach at one beach and breakfast at the beach at another beach.

Sunset and sunrise

Panoramic shots

They take a bit to load

http://sky.easypano.com/panoramic-images/Good-Harbor-Beach-109499.html

http://sky.easypano.com/panoramic-images/Plum-Cove-Beach-109498.html

Email them. Send them in the frickin mail. Skype--whatever.

Facebook posted pics 99.9% of the time are LOOK AT ME LOOK AT MY LIFE LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE posts.

And stupid memes

What do you meme?

:thumbsup:

Had dinner at the beach at one beach and breakfast at the beach at another beach.

Sunset and sunrise

Panoramic shots

They take a bit to load

http://sky.easypano.com/panoramic-images/Good-Harbor-Beach-109499.html

http://sky.easypano.com/panoramic-images/Plum-Cove-Beach-109498.html

So a beach shot, but just bigger. Check

So a beach shot, but just bigger. Check

You bring nothing to the table. Reminds me of chronic welcher

Facebook posted pics 99.9% of the time are LOOK AT ME LOOK AT MY LIFE LOOK AT WHAT I HAVE posts.

And stupid memes

Why?

I can post the pictures once and my grandparents, my parents, my wifes parents, my siblings, etc can see them. This is what facebook was designed for.

I only post pictures of my kids and in rare cases pictures of fishing trips.

Why?

I can post the pictures once and my grandparents, my parents, my wifes parents, my siblings, etc can see them. This is what facebook was designed for.

I only post pictures of my kids and in rare cases pictures of fishing trips.

Fair enough. I suppose if your like FB, then this is a great tool for you.

. This is what facebook was designed for.

For me it was designed for meeting girls I had no chance with in HS that I can fock now.

I was actually wondering if selfies would go out of style. Here is what selfie taker doesn't realize, no one gives a flying about your selfie. Therefore, it's pointless to take them. The other side of it too, selfie takers also don't give a shlt about pictures they aren't in. But they are too stupid and self absorbed to realize that because they don't care about other people's selfies, other people don't care about theirs

I was actually wondering if selfies would go out of style. Here is what selfie taker doesn't realize, no one gives a flying ###### about your selfie. Therefore, it's pointless to take them. The other side of it too, selfie takers also don't give a shlt about pictures they aren't in. But they are too stupid and self absorbed to realize that because they don't care about other people's selfies, other people don't care about theirs

The only time I take selfies is when traveling, and I want a picture of me in front of whatever Im at.

My girl randomly insists I take her picture like four times a day, and takes numerous selfies a day. Its rodiculous.

The only time I take selfies is when traveling, and I want a picture of me in front of whatever Im at.

My girl randomly insists I take her picture like four times a day, and takes numerous selfies a day. Its rodiculous.

Is she 12 or something? I know that's all the rage there in SE Asia

Does she her head and hold up the peace sign in every one, or is that more of a Japanese thing?

Also, please feel free to post a few more of her. :thumbsup:

One thing that bugs me is the people who go to concerts and record the whole dam concert, essentially watching it through their phone and then posting that recording

Annoying, plus it’s a video they will never watch and the quality and lighting sucks anyway.

Annoying, plus its a video they will never watch and the quality and lighting sucks anyway.

And they post like 6-7 videos of the concert. I hate when I go to a concert and all I see is people holding their phones up to record it. Like seriously? Enjoy the dam concert and don't be so worried about filming it to show people that you're at the concern. A picture of two is fine but that's overboard

There was a reading epidemic in the 1700s. Many experts of their time said children were reading to much and it was causing a problem in the youth. Had all of you been alive back then this is what you would have been saying as well. Times and things change. Have any of you ever watched cell phone recorded content on the internet? If so stop complaining. :)

http://www.historytoday.com/frank-furedi/medias-first-moral-panic

Does she ###### her head and hold up the peace sign in every one, or is that more of a Japanese thing?

Also, please feel free to post a few more of her. :thumbsup:

God I hate that .

There was a reading epidemic in the 1700s. Many experts of their time said children were reading to much and it was causing a problem in the youth. Had all of you been alive back then this is what you would have been saying as well. Times and things change. Have any of you ever watched cell phone recorded content on the internet? If so stop complaining. :)

http://www.historytoday.com/frank-furedi/medias-first-moral-panic

Definitely a bit of curmudgeon behind my stance, but I believe smart phones are causing a bunch of problems: distracted driving/walking/etc, poor face-to-face-communication, over immersion in the electronic world, increased monitoring by Big Brother, etc.

While it's great to have the internet and a powerful camera at one's fingertips, we may be suffering at a societal level. Hopefully we can stamp this out just like Werther fever.

on the bright side, chicks like to take nakid pics of themselves to share.

just sayin. :dunno:

And stupid memes

There's some truth to this, but I think the % is closer to 80.

My wife and I use FB to share pics and vids with our families who are are spread out across the US

The FB app on the iPhone is extremely easy to use, so our families get to see stuff instantly if they choose to, or ignore it completely if they want.

Far easier than emai.

• Like 1

Definitely a bit of curmudgeon behind my stance, but I believe smart phones are causing a bunch of problems: distracted driving/walking/etc, poor face-to-face-communication, over immersion in the electronic world, increased monitoring by Big Brother, etc.

While it's great to have the internet and a powerful camera at one's fingertips, we may be suffering at a societal level. Hopefully we can stamp this out just like Werther fever.

I agree with this. So many people in their 20's want to handle everything via text/email. Use the damn phone for the originally intended purpose. Or walk to my office and talk to me.

I'm a photographer and videographer. A hobbyist that got good enough to get paid so I guess that makes me a professional.

The cell phone camera is revolutionary. For photo / videographers, the best camera is and always has been... the one you have ready.

Capturing things from an artistic or documentarian standpoint is pretty fulfilling to me.

Beautiful things and unforgettable moments are all around us. Having a camera readily available at all times has helped me to "stop and smell the roses" more than ever.

And then I have it - forever - captured and shareable.

I understand that there are a lot of look at me, selfie Yahoo!'s out there. But it's not me and I probably use and do more with a cell phone camera than 90% of people.

I agree with this. So many people in their 20's want to handle everything via text/email. Use the damn phone for the originally intended purpose. Or walk to my office and talk to me.

It's painful to have a multi-message text exchange instead of a quick phone conversation. And don't even get me started on group texts :mad:

It's painful to have a multi-message text exchange instead of a quick phone conversation. And don't even get me started on group texts :mad:

I don't think I've ever sent a text. I disabled texting on my account a few years ago.

Texting has its place - and a phone call still has its place too.

If you only text or only call, you're doing it wrong.

If you call and still leave a voice message along the lines of, "hey, it's me, call me back", you're completely annoying people and wasting everyone's time.