Sign in to follow this  
tubby_mcgee

Get your student loans forgiven. Click here.

What a joke.

Universities gouging for tuition, students taking on debt they can't afford for useless degrees, feds backing the loans, then the US taxpayer bails them all out now that they're overwhelmed.

Fock everyone involved in this mess.

All 3 parties need to split the cost

The Feds portion can be funded by firing all current government employees on paid administrative leave, and by cleaning up Medicaid fraud and billing errors.

Fair enough, you still don't know what you're talking about.

This is a very easy mistake to make, and no one ever tells you that you've made it. So you pay for ten years thinking you're on the right track and then you're told -- oops, due to a technicality none of that actually qualified and you're focked.

As for the amount going up, it's capitalized interest. That's a lot but over ten years at a pretty sh1tty interest rate (and that's all you can get, and you can never refinance) -- yeah, I'm sure it's possible.

I don't think you understand my comments

Kinda sounds like your parents failed -- hard.

Didn't you say they're super-wealthy or something?

Yet of three kids, only one has a degree and he lives in China!

Sweet Jesus.

Wow. What a dik.

Young people crying about Trump. Yet under Obama this shite got out of hand.

What a joke.

Universities gouging for tuition, students taking on debt they can't afford for useless degrees, feds backing the loans, then the US taxpayer bails them all out now that they're overwhelmed.

Fock everyone involved in this mess.

All 3 parties need to split the cost

The Feds portion can be funded by firing all current government employees on paid administrative leave, and by cleaning up Medicaid fraud and billing errors.

Good summary and solution.

• Like 1

what happens if you just stop paying them right after school? :dunno:

You have to forget everything you just learned. :angry:

You are wrong, as usual. She didn't "probably screw up", she never qualified in the 1st place. The information is readily available. :dunno:

Like I said - you don't know what you're talking about.

Kinda sounds like your parents failed -- hard.

Didn't you say they're super-wealthy or something?

Yet of three kids, only one has a degree and he lives in China!

Sweet Jesus.

Lets see.

My brother was a party guy. Big into the night club scene and drugs and whatnot. He now is married with two kids, has a nice house, three locations of their business. And just bought a farm to hunt and fish on. Hes doing alright.

Sister just never really wanted to do school and was pushed that way. She is married, they both have decent jobs, a nice house, and started their own business that is doing well. Theyre fine.

I went and got two degrees quickly, because lets face it, unless youre retarded, school is very easy.

Yeah. I had my issues and flamed out a bit. And Im glad. I hated the supposedly successful life I was aimed at. Hell, youre supposedly a lawyer, I shouldnt have to tell you.

I live abroad now because I like it. I make a quite comfortable living here doing something that is pretty fun most days. I get 15 weeks paid vacation a year with plenty of cheap interesting travel nearby.

I could easily go home and rejoin the race. I dont want to. I dont want a big nice house in the suburbs and an SUV and all that bullish!t. Had it. Dont care for that lifestyle.

If you do, good for you, enjoy. Im happy right where Im at.

Lets see.

My brother was a party guy. Big into the night club scene and drugs and whatnot. He now is married with two kids, has a nice house, three locations of their business. And just bought a farm to hunt and fish on. Hes doing alright.

Sister just never really wanted to do school and was pushed that way. She is married, they both have decent jobs, a nice house, and started their own business that is doing well. Theyre fine.

I went and got two degrees quickly, because lets face it, unless youre retarded, school is very easy.

Yeah. I had my issues and flamed out a bit. And Im glad. I hated the supposedly successful life I was aimed at. Hell, youre supposedly a lawyer, I shouldnt have to tell you.

I live abroad now because I like it. I make a quite comfortable living here doing something that is pretty fun most days. I get 15 weeks paid vacation a year with plenty of cheap interesting travel nearby.

I could easily go home and rejoin the race. I dont want to. I dont want a big nice house in the suburbs and an SUV and all that bullish!t. Had it. Dont care for that lifestyle.

In case you had not noticed, worms is miserable and hates his life. HTH.

Im aware.

As I recall, he ran off to Alaska to do his lawyering. Im sure thats just because he loves the scenery though. No way there is a horrible flaming fail out story there.

I dont care. Life is your own. There are many ways to live it. I understand many people feel mine is odd or something. It works for me, and thats all I care about.

I honestly think that most people just do what they think they are supposed to, and are not really as happy as they pretend to be.

Im aware.

As I recall, he ran off to Alaska to do his lawyering. Im sure thats just because he loves the scenery though. No way there is a horrible flaming fail out story there.

I dont care. Life is your own. There are many ways to live it. I understand many people feel mine is odd or something. It works for me, and thats all I care about.

I honestly think that most people just do what they think they are supposed to, and are not really as happy as they pretend to be.

You are Zen. Very nice

Lets see.

Sorry, I realize that was put too harshly. It's the Geek Club, but still.

What I was getting at is you seem to portray your parents as paragons of standard "success." They've got the large southern estate, pops was a big shot lawyer, they go on extravagant vacations, etc.

Then none of their children followed that traditional path from the way you tell it. You're the only one who did (by becoming a lawyer) and then you gave it up.

I guess what I was really wondering is how that all sat (or currently sits) with your folks. Are they fine with you and your siblings defining your own success or do they/did they wish you had taken a more traditional path through education and then professional careers? That's what I was wondering but again, I realize it was d1ckish so you rightly told me to fock off.

FWIW you're wrong about my going to Alaska. Doesn't mean I love my job (I don't) or that I've got it all figured out (I don't). But on that particular point you are incorrect.

Sorry, I realize that was put too harshly. It's the Geek Club, but still.

What I was getting at is you seem to portray your parents as paragons of standard "success." They've got the large southern estate, pops was a big shot lawyer, they go on extravagant vacations, etc.

Then none of their children followed that traditional path from the way you tell it. You're the only one who did (by becoming a lawyer) and then you gave it up.

I guess what I was really wondering is how that all sat (or currently sits) with your folks. Are they fine with you and your siblings defining your own success or do they/did they wish you had taken a more traditional path through education and then professional careers? That's what I was wondering but again, I realize it was d1ckish so you rightly told me to fock off.

FWIW you're wrong about my going to Alaska. Doesn't mean I love my job (I don't) or that I've got it all figured out (I don't). But on that particular point you are incorrect.

Fair enough. Thought that was a d!ckish slap. Tried to return one in kind.

You have my parents mixed up. The lawyer is the dooshbag I never talk to.

Stepdad (who I call dad) dropped out of college. Grew up on a poor as farm. Did the navy for a few years. Worked for the post office, and got his real estate license. Began as a realtor, then started buying his own properties. Fast forward thirty years, and hes flipped probably a couple thousand houses, and has his own little investment bank.

So yeah, he kind of pushed us to get an education. Even though he never got one, and it didnt hold him back a bit, I think he sometimes feels the lack. More from a social thing than anything.

Mom was a teacher, and grew up a bit patrician. She tends to be the one that cares what people think.

Yeah, Im sure they wish we had done things differently. As do we. If I had things to do over again, Id do them much differently.

As far as my life goes, they were all for it when I first came out here. I think they knew that after the train wreck marriage, and all that came with it, i needed to go start over. Dad has always been a proponent of doing things that you want to do. He had his fun in Okinawa in the service.

Now? I think the dont fully understand, but they said they can tell Ive never been happier, and thats all they care about.

Basically, they did the best they could to set us up. We all to varying degrees focked up along the way, and they helped smooth the falls when they could. But each of us came through more or less ok, and happy, and I guess thats the point right?

Dad laments our lack of discipline, and hes right. I guess its the classic case of the guy who comes from nothing, then gives his kids everything, and they dont have the same mindset. Seems pretty common these days. Most of his rich friends have kids that are either well on their way to the fast track, or heroin addicts. Not much middle ground there.

Fair enough. Thought that was a d!ckish slap. Tried to return one in kind.

You have my parents mixed up. The lawyer is the dooshbag I never talk to.

Stepdad (who I call dad) dropped out of college. Grew up on a poor as farm. Did the navy for a few years. Worked for the post office, and got his real estate license. Began as a realtor, then started buying his own properties. Fast forward thirty years, and hes flipped probably a couple thousand houses, and has his own little investment bank.

So yeah, he kind of pushed us to get an education. Even though he never got one, and it didnt hold him back a bit, I think he sometimes feels the lack. More from a social thing than anything.

Mom was a teacher, and grew up a bit patrician. She tends to be the one that cares what people think.

Yeah, Im sure they wish we had done things differently. As do we. If I had things to do over again, Id do them much differently.

As far as my life goes, they were all for it when I first came out here. I think they knew that after the train wreck marriage, and all that came with it, i needed to go start over. Dad has always been a proponent of doing things that you want to do. He had his fun in Okinawa in the service.

Now? I think the dont fully understand, but they said they can tell Ive never been happier, and thats all they care about.

Basically, they did the best they could to set us up. We all to varying degrees focked up along the way, and they helped smooth the falls when they could. But each of us came through more or less ok, and happy, and I guess thats the point right?

Dad laments our lack of discipline, and hes right. I guess its the classic case of the guy who comes from nothing, then gives his kids everything, and they dont have the same mindset. Seems pretty common these days. Most of his rich friends have kids that are either well on their way to the fast track, or heroin addicts. Not much middle ground there.

Ah I see now -- didn't realize you had step-parents :thumbsup:

This. Most people are too scared to pursue something they love, and get caught up in the seeking the "American dream" just because they think it will make them happy.

This. Most people are too scared to pursue something they love, and get caught up in the seeking the "American dream" just because they think it will make them happy.

I find that when I see old friends back home, I get a mixture of thats cool! From some people when I talk about what Im up to, and a few kind of disdainful looks. Those are almost always from women, and almost always the ones I would say are the most unhappy with their suburban lives, but pretend that they are living the dream.

Theres nothing wrong with the dream. But its just A dream, not THE dream.

If I had it all to do over again, Id probably go to college abroad. Aim at a career that enables me to live wherever and travel a lot. Probably would try to learn a particular language in high school, move to that place for college, get all the way up to a phd, and teach history related to it.

Honestly, thats the kind of thing I always wanted to do. I actually had a change of major form filled out in college. Wanted to be a history professor. Decided that lawyer was the more lucrative, safer play.

Safe plays often just kill you slowly I find.

Without question.

I remember trying to sign up for this sh1t back in 2007 but nobody knew what needed to happen. I have no clue if I'm part of the program or not.