Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Vikings at Rams: In-Game Discussion

Dalvin isn't that good. Just a dude getting touches. Take any decent athleticism rb and put him in Dalvins spot and they do the same. He isn't even that good of a receiver really.

Yea well touches are enough. He got 10 carries first half, looked fine. Awesome. Then they just stop running, only like 3 carries for the other guys. I want a piece of good offenses and good teams, just getting touches is fine with me, see Conner. Just annoying as hell. Then I have my rage over passing up guys like Theilan and all 3 Ram wrs who apparently get 20+ weekly even though I knew they were all good. I need the FU thread.

Dumbass

Diggs has been one of the best route runners in the NFL since he's been here. Look it up :rolleyes:

Dipshit, not his ability to run a route, they kept dinking and dinking him from what I saw in first half. Thankfully he did well.

Dalvin isn't that good. Just a dude getting touches. Take any decent athleticism rb and put him in Dalvins spot and they do the same. He isn't even that good of a receiver really.

I think we need to wait on that. Hes coming back from an ACL. And that game script last night wasnt exactly a running slogfest. It was a shootout.

Minnesota's OLine is straight crap and it was going against one of the best DLines in the NFL.

It's not too much to expect that it didn't go well for Cook.

I think we need to wait on that. Hes coming back from an ACL. And that game script last night wasnt exactly a running slogfest. It was a shootout.

Chris Ivory has more fantasy points than Cook, Nyheim Hynes has 1 less in .5ppr

Yea well touches are enough. He got 10 carries first half, looked fine. Awesome. Then they just stop running, only like 3 carries for the other guys. I want a piece of good offenses and good teams, just getting touches is fine with me, see Conner. Just annoying as hell. Then I have my rage over passing up guys like Theilan and all 3 Ram wrs who apparently get 20+ weekly even though I knew they were all good. I need the FU thread.

I'd like to hear from the Coaching staff on why Cook looked like the best RB last night, and he wasn't in the game 2nd half.

They weren't being blown out, unless they felt their crappy OL couldn't make any holes and abandoned the running game completely.

Notes:

• The Vikings vaunted defense is a joke, they're getting shredded more often than not.
  • Conversly, the Vikings offense is pretty potent. If/when Dalvin get healthy they will be an even bigger force. Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph and add Cook to it and that's pretty potent.
  • Cousins was worth the money for the Vikings, but bad offensive line and bad defensive play are combining to make him look like he's not.
  • The Rams are the class of the NFC, and maybe the entire league.
  • Jared Goff is WAAAAAY better than I ever thought he'd be.
  • The Rams weapons are off the chart...who do you try and stop?
  • Cooper Kupp isn't a fad, dude isn't going anywhere and clearly has Goff's eye.
  • How the F*** is Robert Woods the 3rd/4th option on that offense?
  • McVay may be the best coach in the league. Guy has an incredible sense of timing on when do so things and has his finger on the pulse of his team, who always seems to respond to the moments he challenges them.

Damned entertaining game.

Notes:

• The Vikings vaunted defense is a joke, they're getting shredded more often than not.
  • Conversly, the Vikings offense is pretty potent. If/when Dalvin get healthy they will be an even bigger force. Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph and add Cook to it and that's pretty potent.
  • Cousins was worth the money for the Vikings, but bad offensive line and bad defensive play are combining to make him look like he's not.
  • The Rams are the class of the NFC, and maybe the entire league.
  • Jared Goff is WAAAAAY better than I ever thought he'd be.
  • The Rams weapons are off the chart...who do you try and stop?
  • Cooper Kupp isn't a fad, dude isn't going anywhere and clearly has Goff's eye.
  • How the F*** is Robert Woods the 3rd/4th option on that offense?
  • McVay may be the best coach in the league. Guy has an incredible sense of timing on when do so things and has his finger on the pulse of his team, who always seems to respond to the moments he challenges them.

Damned entertaining game.

Spot on. I bought Goff for cheap as hell in all my dynasty formats when his value was non existent.

On McVay, he is a big reason why I can't believe GMs don't try to find more coaches like him. Look at this offense. I swear some coaches look at this potent offense and think, well yeah they score a lot of points, but they don't control the ball enough for me. Meanwhile their crap run game based offense doesn't do much of a job controlling the clock anyway. Retread OCs and old school minded coaches shouldn't find a job in this league, period. You know you can't win with them consistently, so why the fvck do they get hired?

I would be aiming for radical thinkers who want to score as much as possible. Get an offensive minded head coach who isn't stubborn and likes innovation. There are defensive minded head coaches that Im sure would be good head coaches, but he better be willing to find someone who wants to open up the offense.

He looked quick on his runs even if they didnt go anywhere. Also he may not have played but there were very few carries other than his in the game, they just didnt run. Im optimistic for him going forward and not facing the best Dline in the game.

Also about Goff, I said a few times here in preseason that he was somehow being overlooked despite a great season last year. He is clearly the goods, I didnt say anything that wasnt already on tape.