Sign in to follow this  
the lone star

Should The Commissioner Have Nixed This Deal?

Should The Commissioner Have Nixed This Deal?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Should The Commissioner Have Nixed This Deal?

• Yes
    • No

Our league actually allows any trade to go through. At the end of the season, we adjust the scores so the trade ends up being equal. Works out great!

I think I understand, but could you rephrase this? Perhaps use an example.

Our league actually allows any trade to go through. At the end of the season, we adjust the scores so the trade ends up being equal. Works out great!

So much for talent.

So how does that shake out over time in a dynasty league?

Take a collection of projected adp from all sites, average those out to get a composite adp, and then that's the standard to go by

Take a collection of projected adp from all sites, average those out to get a composite adp, and then that's the standard to go by

Or just do a tradeback.

In that scenario, you and another owner enter into an agreement in an effort to improve your teams and only your teams. Tradebacks meet that criteria.

Collusion only occurs when one player willingly hurts his own team to help another team.

People just quickly jump the the conclusion that tradebacks are collusion because it's a catchy sound bite. But when you think about it, that stance is illogical.

• Like 1

Or just do a tradeback.

In that scenario, you and another owner enter into an agreement in an effort to improve your teams and only your teams. Tradebacks meet that criteria.

Collusion only occurs when one player willingly hurts his own team to help another team.

People just quickly jump the the conclusion that tradebacks are collusion because it's a catchy sound bite. But when you think about it, that stance is illogical.

Let me preface my next statement by asking, can we all agree that there is no perfect system out there? They all have flaws, but we strive to get our systems as close to perfect as possible.

I have been on that end before, the trade back end. It's a precarious position to be in when a player I traded for ends up far exceeding expectations. I start rooting for him to not be quite as great. I want him to be good, but not so good that I am forced to trade him back. It's just another dynamic to think about, but one that makes sure the league is as fair and balanced as possible. While no system is perfect, there is such a thing as being almost perfect, and what the trade back system does is get is as close to that standard as possible.

Now anyone wants to come in here and tell me how this system isn't right blah blah, hey, it's like comparing apples to gorilla turds. You just can't compare it if we aren't on the same level of competition here.

• Like 1

Let me preface my next statement by asking, can we all agree that there is no perfect system out there? They all have flaws, but we strive to get our systems as close to perfect as possible.

I have been on that end before, the trade back end. It's a precarious position to be in when a player I traded for ends up far exceeding expectations. I start rooting for him to not be quite as great. I want him to be good, but not so good that I am forced to trade him back. It's just another dynamic to think about, but one that makes sure the league is as fair and balanced as possible. While no system is perfect, there is such a thing as being almost perfect, and what the trade back system does is get is as close to that standard as possible.

Now anyone wants to come in here and tell me how this system isn't right blah blah, hey, it's like comparing apples to gorilla turds. You just can't compare it if we aren't on the same level of competition here.

How long have you had the tradeback rule? What do the other owners think of it?

Exactly.

I'm in a league like that, and it's not fun. We have two owners who have the worst teams ever. They have such bad teams, because nobody stepped in to help them not destroy their own teams with lopsided trades. In the process they unintentionally changed the competitive balance of the entire league. Now they want to tradeback a few players, but the 2 other owners involved are up in arms about it all. Its ruining the spirit of the league.