Sign in to follow this  
Super Cubs

dynasty playoff waivers

In a dynasty if the waiver wire is still open during the playoffs should all teams both in and out of they playoffs be able to make transactions?

In a dynasty if the waiver wire is still open during the playoffs should all teams both in and out of they playoffs be able to make transactions?

Yes. It's dynasty, so the teams out of the playoffs deserve to stock up for next year as much as playoff teams deserve to stock up for a run

In mine we freeze FA adds for eliminated owners, but they re open the second that championship game is over

In another it's always open

Never been a problem in either

In my two main keeper leagues we used to freeze the waivers and trades completely before the playoffs. I remember trading a 7 pick for Fred Lane the week before the playoff freeze and laying an egg. Going into the playoffs you had to have a great bench or get really lucky with no injuries to win the championship. Kicker got hurt the week before in week 14...tough sh!t. You should of carried two kickers on a 16 team roster. I loved it because it rewarded the teams most prepared.

Then that internet thing happened, it took us about another ten years to figure out how easy of a switch it would be to make the league as fair as possible to all teams. Now we allow trades and waivers 24/7 365. Suppressing the weak teams is not healthy for a keeper league in any way long term.

I like both ways and as long as I knew the rules before I drafted I wouldn't have a problem with either.

We freeze ours after our Championship game until about a month after our rookie draft (June), and incorporate FAs into the draft.