Sign in to follow this  
rholio

Big Day Tomorrow

Just heard from the doc, got some test results. Colon cancer. Yay...

We're all pulling for you, you'll beat that biotch. :thumbsup:

What's the plan of attack?

We're all pulling for you, you'll beat that biotch. :thumbsup:

What's the plan of attack?

Seeing the doc Monday, need the CAT scan before they do anything. Surgery if test results are good, not sure from there.

Best of luck, you can beat it.

:thumbsup:

One of my coworkers, beautiful woman (had a literal glow and is actually getting it back), early 40s, found out she had stage 4 colon cancer around New Years. Right before someone finally had the good sense to bring up having a colonoscopy it was being treated as IBS. She went through a couple months worth of process of elimination, only for the "IBS" catchall. It was amazing. Anyway, during her colonoscopy, even though she was under twilight anesthesia, the person administering it could tell she was reacting in pain pretty quickly into it, and the mass was big enough the scope couldn't keep going. She's doing really well at this point, responding well to treatment, and conducting everyday life as close to beforehand as possible, which I think is helping her health.

This is interesting. I haven't brought it up with her (her husband grills a lot). The age rec for getting a colonoscopy is probably going to be lowered soon as there is higher incidence now in what used to be considered low risk ages.

Meh, still not the biggest pain in the @ss on this bored.

Pretty shltty situation. But a positive mental attitude can take one a long way. You got this.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear, hopefully caught soon, and take care of quick. Good luck.

i'm sorry Rholio. my thoughts are with you. beat that bastage!

Sorry for the terrible news. But at your age, it's likely to be localized. Hopefully they can cut it all out.

Update:

Finally got pain meds Thursday. They don't do much, but they do take the top off things. Feeling better now.

Had a CT scan yesterday, PET scan today; currently radioactive. See the surgeon next Thursday after we get the results of the scans.

Boss started a GoFundMe page for me. No, not posting a link. Got some good news from the hospital, we applied for financial aid there. Make too much for Medicaid, can't afford insurance. Anyway, they come back with a figure of 42% they can write off. Then, the lady mentions outstanding medical bills could raise that, and that includes my wife's bills. The hospital is now writing off 100%. That doesn't include doctors, surgeon, oncologist, etc., but should hopefully see a reduction there as well.

• Like 1

Update:

Finally got pain meds Thursday. They don't do much, but they do take the top off things. Feeling better now.

Had a CT scan yesterday, PET scan today; currently radioactive. See the surgeon next Thursday after we get the results of the scans.

Boss started a GoFundMe page for me. No, not posting a link. Got some good news from the hospital, we applied for financial aid there. Make too much for Medicaid, can't afford insurance. Anyway, they come back with a figure of 42% they can write off. Then, the lady mentions outstanding medical bills could raise that, and that includes my wife's bills. The hospital is now writing off 100%. That doesn't include doctors, surgeon, oncologist, etc., but should hopefully see a reduction there as well.

Good luck man, T's & P's.

• Like 1

Sorry this hear it man. Time to kick ass cancer's ass!

You can do it.

• Like 1

PM the link?

Same, and best of luck Rholio.

You got it, thanks.

Could I get that link as well please.

Can you please pm it to me as well.

Done and done, thank you guys. :cheers:

Update #2:

Good news, the surgeon said I don't need surgery. Well, what he said was that it wouldn't help.

Stage 4 cancer, colon, liver, and lung. Start chemo soon-ish. FML

Update #2:

Good news, the surgeon said I don't need surgery. Well, what he said was that it wouldn't help.

:( sorry bro.

• Like 1

Update #2:

Fock! Get yourself well. You're a good man Charlie Brown.

• Like 1

Update #2:

Holy sh!t! You're gonna have one hell of an "I beat cancer" story.

:cheers:

• Like 1

Update #2:

Dude,, that sucks. I hope it goes well. Keep us informed.

• Like 1

Update #2:

Crap, I'm sorry for the terrible news. How old are you?

Damn... just read this for the first time :o . Thoughts to you and your family, Rholio. Best of luck.

That's young for such an aggressive tumor. Any other family members have cancer?

Yeah, cancer is pretty much a family tradition. My dad, uncles, aunt, cousins... a few survived, most didn't.

You know what's really focked up? I pretty much quit drinking at 18yrs old, and bunny has a healthier liver than I do. :cheers:

Yeah, cancer is pretty much a family tradition. My dad, uncles, aunt, cousins... a few survived, most didn't.

There are a few heritable conditions which lead to colon cancer, most notably Lynch syndrome. At the minimum, your first degree family members should be screened for colon cancer ten years earlier than you were diagnosed, and genetic counseling/additional testing may be indicated. They should have examined your tumor specimen for evidence of the syndrome - ask the gastroenterologist/surgeon if (s)he hasn't mentioned it.

Also, make an advanced directive and designate healthcare power of attorney now. These aren't fun things to think about, but it's better to prepare them when you are still functional and of sound mind. Ask your oncologist for a realistic idea about your prognosis so you have a framework to make these decisions. Stage IV cancer is the suck any way you cut it.

There are a few heritable conditions which lead to colon cancer, most notably Lynch syndrome. At the minimum, your first degree family members should be screened for colon cancer ten years earlier than you were diagnosed, and genetic counseling/additional testing may be indicated. They should have examined your tumor specimen for evidence of the syndrome - ask the gastroenterologist/surgeon if (s)he hasn't mentioned it.

Also, make an advanced directive and designate healthcare power of attorney now. These aren't fun things to think about, but it's better to prepare them when you are still functional and of sound mind. Ask your oncologist for a realistic idea about your prognosis so you have a framework to make these decisions. Stage IV cancer is the suck any way you cut it.

Pretty sure I am the first with colon cancer. Lung and brain are the big two in my family. Surgeon didn't quite call it incurable while saying there's no cure, but... no real cure.