Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

The Dynasty Q&A thread

id have without a doubt kept Calvin knowing all that.

As it looks right now you have a great young QB who can contend for top QB honors. No legit #1 RB, no safe #2. the best thing you have is Martin and god knows what will happen his rookie year. You have 2 #3 WR's in D-Jax and Wayne....

This :pointstosky:

honestly: would you say you have a better or worse team going into this year? :dunno:

forget the future, this year!

This :pointstosky:

honestly: would you say you have a better or worse team going into this year? :dunno:

forget the future, this year!

Yup, doesn't matter that it's a Dynasty...you play for this year and try to set yourself up for next year.

Yup, doesn't matter that it's a Dynasty...you play for this year and try to set yourself up for next year.

That's an inherent problem to dynasty leagues. You have guys who are so desperate for this year they salvage the future for it. I can't get over the hump in my league because some of the bottom dwellers, desperate to improve, will trade without regard. Then you end up with teams that have RB lineups of MJD+ADP, good WR's and Rodgers/Rivers @ QB. Granted, that lineup looks diminished this year due to the inj to Peterson, but I simply can't compete with that when I pull the 4th-6th draft pick every year.

12 team dynasty, PPR and IDP. I'm sitting on the #4 pick in the rookie draft. I'm assuming that the top 6 will consist of Luck, RGIII, Richardson, Doug Martin, Blackmon and Floyd in some order. 1st pick will be Richardson, by my guess, since that guy is light on RB and already has Brees @ QB. 2nd pick is likely Luck/RGIII based on the fact that his QB is Joe Flacco (although he's weak at RB and WR aside from Calvin Johnson). 3rd pick is where things get interesting. He has Cam Newton and Stafford @ QB, but is painfully light @ RB. He's better @ WR with Mike Wallace, Kenny Britt, Malcolm Floyd (SD) and Jacoby Ford. My gut tells me he goes with David Nelson in Tampa. That leaves me with a difficult situation. QB's are high scoring in this league, and while Roethlisberger is borderline top 10, he's not a difference maker. I need help in every area except RB right now, which plays well with how I think the draft will unfold. I should have whoever is left from Luck/RGIII, which I'm hoping is actually RGIII. I should also have the two top WR, Blackmon and Floyd, available. It gets interesting again at 5th pick because the same team that owns #3 also owns #5. He could take the BPA @ 3, then come back and fill for need @ 5. 6th pick may be available, but would cost me.

Below is my existing roster. I have the All Injury team @ RB, but some of that was late season pickups in teh hopes of bolstering it long term. It's PPR, so a healthy lineup of McCoy, Charles and whoever is healthy from Best/Williams/Greene is pretty stout. While I don't have a true #1 WR, I've got a deep lineup of #2 guys, particularly in PPR (Nelson finished high, but I don't expect him to duplicate it this year...while he may catch more passes, there's no way he keeps up the long TD roll he was on last year).

Offense:

QB Ben Roethlisberger PIT, Vince Young BUF, Kevin Kolb ARI

RB Jamaal Charles KAN, LeSean McCoy PHI, Shonn Greene NYJ, Jahvid Best DET, James Starks GNB, Ryan Williams ARI, Mikel Leshoure DET

WR Santonio Holmes NYJ, Sidney Rice SEA, Jordy Nelson GNB, Jeremy Maclin PHI, Antonio Brown PIT, Jonathan Baldwin KAN, Greg Little CLE

TE Dustin Keller NYJ

K Mike Nugent CIN

Defense:

DL Andre Carter NWE, J.J. Watt HOU

LB James Harrison PIT, Kamerion Wimbley TEN, Sean Lee DAL,

DB Ronde Barber TAM, Troy Polamalu PIT

I'm figuring I can still catch a TE or WR in the 2nd round (guys like Jared Cook and Martellus Bennet are still available, and I'm hoping that Fleener may last until 2nd round). I've also considered offering a package deal to move up to #6. I might be able to offer some combination of 2nd rounder this year (I have two), pick(s) next year and/or players for a chance to move back up. Any suggestions? What's the concensus on Luck vs RGII short and long term? Feelings on Blackmon vs Floyd short and long term? Any input is welcomed.

12 team dynasty, PPR and IDP. I'm sitting on the #4 pick in the rookie draft. I'm assuming that the top 6 will consist of Luck, RGIII, Richardson, Doug Martin, Blackmon and Floyd in some order. 1st pick will be Richardson, by my guess, since that guy is light on RB and already has Brees @ QB. 2nd pick is likely Luck/RGIII based on the fact that his QB is Joe Flacco (although he's weak at RB and WR aside from Calvin Johnson). 3rd pick is where things get interesting. He has Cam Newton and Stafford @ QB, but is painfully light @ RB. He's better @ WR with Mike Wallace, Kenny Britt, Malcolm Floyd (SD) and Jacoby Ford. My gut tells me he goes with David Nelson in Tampa. That leaves me with a difficult situation. QB's are high scoring in this league, and while Roethlisberger is borderline top 10, he's not a difference maker. I need help in every area except RB right now, which plays well with how I think the draft will unfold. I should have whoever is left from Luck/RGIII, which I'm hoping is actually RGIII. I should also have the two top WR, Blackmon and Floyd, available. It gets interesting again at 5th pick because the same team that owns #3 also owns #5. He could take the BPA @ 3, then come back and fill for need @ 5. 6th pick may be available, but would cost me.

Below is my existing roster. I have the All Injury team @ RB, but some of that was late season pickups in teh hopes of bolstering it long term. It's PPR, so a healthy lineup of McCoy, Charles and whoever is healthy from Best/Williams/Greene is pretty stout. While I don't have a true #1 WR, I've got a deep lineup of #2 guys, particularly in PPR (Nelson finished high, but I don't expect him to duplicate it this year...while he may catch more passes, there's no way he keeps up the long TD roll he was on last year).

I'm figuring I can still catch a TE or WR in the 2nd round (guys like Jared Cook and Martellus Bennet are still available, and I'm hoping that Fleener may last until 2nd round). I've also considered offering a package deal to move up to #6. I might be able to offer some combination of 2nd rounder this year (I have two), pick(s) next year and/or players for a chance to move back up. Any suggestions? What's the concensus on Luck vs RGII short and long term? Feelings on Blackmon vs Floyd short and long term? Any input is welcomed.

In my opinion, this is the year to get a franchise QB in dynasty drafts. Big Ben is solid but I don't even know if I'd consider him a definite starter in a 12 team league. Griffin and Luck in my opinion are both destined to be stud fantasy QB's in a few years (if not sooner). My personal preference would be Griffin because he is on a team with more weapons and has the running ability which certainly adds to his overall fantasy value. But it sounds like the team picking #2 will likely make your decision for you. I would take whoever is left between RG3 and Luck with your pick.

The only thing you'd have to worry about is if another team is weak at QB, they may look to move up to that #3 spot. If for some reason both RG3 and Luck are gone, I'd just take the BPA (Martin, Blackmon, Wilson would be my preferred order). I don't think you have a bigger need at RB or WR. At WR you lack a stud as you said, but you have plenty of very good WR's. QB definitely seems like your biggest need. So best available of RG3, Luck, and Martin (in that order) would be my choice.

In my opinion, this is the year to get a franchise QB in dynasty drafts. Big Ben is solid but I don't even know if I'd consider him a definite starter in a 12 team league. Griffin and Luck in my opinion are both destined to be stud fantasy QB's in a few years (if not sooner). My personal preference would be Griffin because he is on a team with more weapons and has the running ability which certainly adds to his overall fantasy value. But it sounds like the team picking #2 will likely make your decision for you. I would take whoever is left between RG3 and Luck with your pick.

The only thing you'd have to worry about is if another team is weak at QB, they may look to move up to that #3 spot. If for some reason both RG3 and Luck are gone, I'd just take the BPA (Martin, Blackmon, Wilson would be my preferred order). I don't think you have a bigger need at RB or WR. At WR you lack a stud as you said, but you have plenty of very good WR's. QB definitely seems like your biggest need. So best available of RG3, Luck, and Martin (in that order) would be my choice.

Thanks stew, that's pretty much my thinking. I'm hopeful that RGIII will be there, as I feel the same way about his chances and the quality of Washington vs the quality of Indy and their rosters. Roethlisberger finished as the 11th QB in that league, however, he also finished 17+ pts per game behind the #1 ranked QB in Brees, 10 pts a game behind Cam Newton who was #5. I'd love to have a QB that weighs in around that 5-7 spot and I see RGIII having that kind of potential from day one. Luck may take a bit longer. Although it might be cool to score Luck and Fleener.

even in a dynasty format, building for the future should be secondary to winning NOW. I just dont see the point of playing fantasy football under any format if you're not trying to win. Now i understand that in some cases you realize you have a bad team that can't win this year so its not a bad idea to try and set yourself up for next year but i cant fathom thinking more than 1 year down the road. unless you like to waste money each season.

in fact, i have always been of the mindset that if your team sucks donkey balls, its better to actually trade AWAY draft picks for proven players (as long as we are not talking guys with 1-2 years of football left). obviously i would want to keep my first rounder if its a top 2-3 pick but after that, if teams covet draft picks, trade with them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am cutting my dynasty from my plate this year but i still play in a deep keeper league with Madd futher mucker. I took over that team 2 years ago and it was in utter shambles. That year i had the top pick and took Ryan Mathews. In year 1 of my ownership, my team finished last again and throughout the season and offseason i had owner after owner giving me low ball offers for Ryan Mathews. they were trying to appeal to the idea of me building up draft picks for the future.

I held Mathews and instead traded away a few of my draft picks. I was able to add Stevie Johnson, Santonio Holmes and Marshawn Lynch all in deals where i gave away draft picks or traded back in the draft. I kept my #1 pick and took Daniel thomas ( :cry: even though i still dont buy Reggie Bush lasting). Drafting Gronk also helped and my team finished 2nd.

Current roster (likely keepers in bold) non ppr, 6pt all td's

Romo

Kolb

Mathews

Lynch

R. Bush

D. Thomas

K. Smith

M. Bush

Austin

Harvin

S. Johnson

Holmes

Gronk

F. Davis

i have pick 1.09 and a pick in every round.

Your stable of RB's is pretty nice even considering all the injury issues you dealt with last year. Martin would be the logical choice but you have pressing needs elsewhere on your roster.

Your lack of a clear-cut WR1 isn't a huge deal because you have so many #2 & #3 options that have nice upside. Adding Blackmon would be nice, but he might end up being lumped into the same category as the rest of your wideouts.

I understand your need for an elite option at the quarterback considering how Roethlisberger fared points wise to the Brees/Brady/Rodgers of the fantasy community the past few seasons. That being said, I think you should go RGIII or Luck with your 1.4 pick, whomever is available.

Sorry, didn't see Stew's post. Agree with this & the order of RGIII, Luck & Martin as in whomever falls to you at 1.4.

I need help at RB. Just by looking at others rosters these are the RBs I assume to be availbe for trade. My team is built to win now at the same time I would like to get younger. My current RBs Foster, McGahee, MB3, and Best. Planning on keeping Foster and McGahee. How would you rank these 5 RBs.

SJax, Gore, BJGE, Greene, and Bennie

keeper/standard scoring no ppr

I need help at RB. Just by looking at others rosters these are the RBs I assume to be availbe for trade. My team is built to win now at the same time I would like to get younger. My current RBs Foster, McGahee, MB3, and Best. Planning on keeping Foster and McGahee. How would you rank these 5 RBs.

If this is a dynasty league, I'd rank those 5 in the following order.

1) Beanie 2) BJGE 3) SJax 4) Gore 5) Greene

I think saying your team is built to "win now" but would like to "get younger" are kind of contradictory with the 5 RB's you listed here. If my team is built to WIN NOW, I'd rather have Steven Jackson or even Frank Gore. If I was trying to get younger, obviously those two names would go to the back of my list.

PPR or non-PPR? BJGE and Beanie provide very little in the passing game. Frank Gore is no longer the pass catcher he used to be either. In PPR, I would rank SJax first.

Non-PPR, I'm not a huge fan of him, but Beanie Wells' combination of production and age seem like the best option. I think I'd rank him first. I'd rank them Beanie, SJax, Gore, S.Greene, BJGE for non-PPR.

Thanks stew, that's pretty much my thinking. I'm hopeful that RGIII will be there, as I feel the same way about his chances and the quality of Washington vs the quality of Indy and their rosters. Roethlisberger finished as the 11th QB in that league, however, he also finished 17+ pts per game behind the #1 ranked QB in Brees, 10 pts a game behind Cam Newton who was #5. I'd love to have a QB that weighs in around that 5-7 spot and I see RGIII having that kind of potential from day one. Luck may take a bit longer. Although it might be cool to score Luck and Fleener.

1. t.richardson

2. d.martin

3. whichever QB

4. whichever QB

If this is a dynasty league, I'd rank those 5 in the following order.

1) Beanie 2) BJGE 3) SJax 4) Gore 5) Greene

I think saying your team is built to "win now" but would like to "get younger" are kind of contradictory with the 5 RB's you listed here. If my team is built to WIN NOW, I'd rather have Steven Jackson or even Frank Gore. If I was trying to get younger, obviously those two names would go to the back of my list.

PPR or non-PPR? BJGE and Beanie provide very little in the passing game. Frank Gore is no longer the pass catcher he used to be either. In PPR, I would rank SJax first.

Non-PPR, I'm not a huge fan of him, but Beanie Wells' combination of production and age seem like the best option. I think I'd rank him first. I'd rank them Beanie, SJax, Gore, S.Greene, BJGE for non-PPR.

I think Beanie takes a backseat to a healthy Williams when he comes back. Wells hasn't proven much and Williams is a much better receiver. Short term: Jackson, Gore, Green-Ellis, Greene, Wells. Long term: uh...I'm not sure any of them are long term options, but Greene, Jackson, Green-Ellis, Gore and Wells. IMHO.

I think Beanie takes a backseat to a healthy Williams when he comes back. Wells hasn't proven much and Williams is a much better receiver. Short term: Jackson, Gore, Green-Ellis, Greene, Wells. Long term: uh...I'm not sure any of them are long term options, but Greene, Jackson, Green-Ellis, Gore and Wells. IMHO.

I don't like Beanie Wells much at all. BUT, he is only 23 years old and did finish with almost 1100 total yards last year and 10 TD's. His yards per carry went from only 3.4 in 2010 up to 4.3 in 2011. Wells was also playing through a knee injury most of last year. If healthy, I think Ryan Williams will be a nice change of pace back and pass catching back, but I can't see him overtaking Beanie Wells as early as next year.

I do agree with your assessment that I don't really like ANY of these backs long term, but if I had to pick one, I think it has to be Wells just because of his age and current role.

I am happy to report that I just completed a 3 round rookie draft in my other dynasty league, where I only had 2.03, 3.01 (after trading my 2013 2nd round pick), and 3.03.

This draft was rookies only and is a team that I got back for nothing after I sold it to a local friend before last season. I had no pick in the 1st round to work with, but I was elated to get Greg Childs 15th off the board at 2.03. When Tannehill was still there 10 picks later, I pulled the trigger on the trade to get another pick to use for him. That allowed me to take Criner with 3.03.

I will put up my final rookie rankings in less than a month, right after my Fat Bastards draft. But I think that all 3 players were exceptional values where I took them. Thoughts?

I don't like Beanie Wells much at all. BUT, he is only 23 years old and did finish with almost 1100 total yards last year and 10 TD's. His yards per carry went from only 3.4 in 2010 up to 4.3 in 2011. Wells was also playing through a knee injury most of last year. If healthy, I think Ryan Williams will be a nice change of pace back and pass catching back, but I can't see him overtaking Beanie Wells as early as next year.

I do agree with your assessment that I don't really like ANY of these backs long term, but if I had to pick one, I think it has to be Wells just because of his age and current role.

Rotoworld was reporting that Wells knee surgery was more involved than led on and hinted at microfracture surgery. Doesn't bode well for a big back.

I am happy to report that I just completed a 3 round rookie draft in my other dynasty league, where I only had 2.03, 3.01 (after trading my 2013 2nd round pick), and 3.03.

This draft was rookies only and is a team that I got back for nothing after I sold it to a local friend before last season. I had no pick in the 1st round to work with, but I was elated to get Greg Childs 15th off the board at 2.03. When Tannehill was still there 10 picks later, I pulled the trigger on the trade to get another pick to use for him. That allowed me to take Criner with 3.03.

I will put up my final rookie rankings in less than a month, right after my Fat Bastards draft. But I think that all 3 players were exceptional values where I took them. Thoughts?

Looks like great value thru all 3 picks! very well done!

this is 12 team or 16?

Rotoworld was reporting that Wells knee surgery was more involved than led on and hinted at microfracture surgery. Doesn't bode well for a big back.

I saw that. They are saying it wasn't microfracture surgery. Team expects him back for the start of training camp. Obviously if he starts missing training camp, then he becomes much riskier the more time he misses.

Like I said, I don't even like Beanie Wells. For this year, I'd rather Jackson or Gore. But if I'm trying to pick anyone long term out of SJax, Gore, BJGE, Greene, and Wells; I feel like I have to pick Wells just because he's young and shown some decent production. :dunno:

That's an inherent problem to dynasty leagues. You have guys who are so desperate for this year they salvage the future for it. I can't get over the hump in my league because some of the bottom dwellers, desperate to improve, will trade without regard. Then you end up with teams that have RB lineups of MJD+ADP, good WR's and Rodgers/Rivers @ QB. Granted, that lineup looks diminished this year due to the inj to Peterson, but I simply can't compete with that when I pull the 4th-6th draft pick every year.

I hear ya. One way around this is to have a salary cap, so that a team can't get stacked with top-end talent at every position.

I hear ya. One way around this is to have a salary cap, so that a team can't get stacked with top-end talent at every position.

in my main 16 team dynasty (been running for like 8 years) we had to instute a cap system using NFL player salarys because of this exact problem.. a couple dumb owners focked the whole league up in the course of a couple years, we ended up with 3 super powers (i was one..lol) but the other owners were freaking out about the league not being fun anymore..

long story short it was a tough pill to swallow but the top teams ended up having to trim a couple very solid players off our rosters and it made the free agaent draft very exciting for the lesser/newer owners. everyone seems happy for now.. hope it works in the long run..

the key is to find the correct cap number.. we did 85mil for a IDP league with 24 man rosters.

in my main 16 team dynasty (been running for like 8 years) we had to instute a cap system using NFL player salarys because of this exact problem.. a couple dumb owners focked the whole league up in the course of a couple years, we ended up with 3 super powers (i was one..lol) but the other owners were freaking out about the league not being fun anymore..

long story short it was a tough pill to swallow but the top teams ended up having to trim a couple very solid players off our rosters and it made the free agaent draft very exciting for the lesser/newer owners. everyone seems happy for now.. hope it works in the long run..

the key is to find the correct cap number.. we did 85mil for a IDP league with 24 man rosters.

that seems to be a pretty good number, we're running IDP w/ 25 player rosters. How is the cap value for each player computed, strictly base salary or do bonuses/incentives factor in? One thing I can't stand about the league I'm in that every year the commish reshuffles the divisions. 12 team league and the best 4 records all go into the same division, next four go into the next division, last four go into final one. It's a complete suck because I'm a mid-of-the-pack team, good enough to beat the guys in my division most of the time, which puts me in the playoffs, meaning that I automatically get a pick that's outside the top 6. Then you get a team in the top division that has a bad year or injuries, loses a lot of games against stiffer competition, then gets rewarded with a high draft pick...then they crush it the next year and nobody can figure out why. Ridiculous.

that seems to be a pretty good number, we're running IDP w/ 25 player rosters. How is the cap value for each player computed, strictly base salary or do bonuses/incentives factor in? One thing I can't stand about the league I'm in that every year the commish reshuffles the divisions. 12 team league and the best 4 records all go into the same division, next four go into the next division, last four go into final one. It's a complete suck because I'm a mid-of-the-pack team, good enough to beat the guys in my division most of the time, which puts me in the playoffs, meaning that I automatically get a pick that's outside the top 6. Then you get a team in the top division that has a bad year or injuries, loses a lot of games against stiffer competition, then gets rewarded with a high draft pick...then they crush it the next year and nobody can figure out why. Ridiculous.

We take just the annual salary (no front/back loading) its total dollars dived by years..

the most expensive guys end up costing about 15-20mil per year

It makes a qb like Dalton 1.5mil (aprox) a stud!!

also I have never been a fan of re-aranging divisions every year, It takes alot of the rivalry out of division games and also will like you said mess up the draft picks! I guess it would keep the bottom feeders still intrested though :dunno:

We take just the annual salary (no front/back loading) its total dollars dived by years..

the most expensive guys end up costing about 15-20mil per year

It makes a qb like Dalton 1.5mil (aprox) a stud!!

Also I have never been a fan of re-aranging divisions every year, It takes alot of the rivalry out of division games and also will like you said mess up the draft picks! I guess it would keep the bottom feeders still intrested though :dunno:

I've railed on against it and i think it's finished in our league, so I won't have to worry about it anymore. Of course, the season I railed on about it (not last year but the year before) I finished with an 8-5 record or something and got lumped in with the big boys, despite the fact that 7 of my wins came against the worst teams and I never beat the better ones. So I guess I took one for the team (league) on that.

Back to the cap thing, the new NFL CBA could have a significant impact to your league starting last year, particularly like you said with QB's like Dalton, Newton and Luck/Griffin this year. It's very possible that those guys could be incredible bargains for the next four years and allow the teams that have them to load up in other positions. Hell, if someone got say Newton last year, and ends up with a #1 RB and #1 WR out of this years draft, they could tilt the board for several years to come.

I've railed on against it and i think it's finished in our league, so I won't have to worry about it anymore. Of course, the season I railed on about it (not last year but the year before) I finished with an 8-5 record or something and got lumped in with the big boys, despite the fact that 7 of my wins came against the worst teams and I never beat the better ones. So I guess I took one for the team (league) on that.

Back to the cap thing, the new NFL CBA could have a significant impact to your league starting last year, particularly like you said with QB's like Dalton, Newton and Luck/Griffin this year. It's very possible that those guys could be incredible bargains for the next four years and allow the teams that have them to load up in other positions. Hell, if someone got say Newton last year, and ends up with a #1 RB and #1 WR out of this years draft, they could tilt the board for several years to come.

This is a very intriguing way to handle a dynasty league. It does value instant impact rookies that can produce on the same level as free agents that just received a significant payday. Savy owners who pay attention to the league rules & setup in this case will benefit on draft day.

Reviving this thread, I'd like to see if I can get some input from board. As mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm light in the QB department in a Dynasty league that puts a pretty high value on QB's. Roethlisberger is my #1 QB and he finished as the 11th ranked QB at almost exactly half the points that Drew Brees put up from the #1 spot. The following QB's are/should be available:

Andrew Luck

Robertn Griffin III

Matt Flynn

Jake Locker

Ryan Tannehill

John Skelton

Kevin Kolb

I've got a top 4 pick and one of either Luck or Griffin should be available. I'd like to see your opinions on these QB's listed and their rankings short and long term. Flynn is the one that intrigues me, and Locker isn't far behind on the intrigue list. Oddly, without intending to do so, I think I listed them by their "long term" rankings in my own mind. TIA!

Reviving this thread, I'd like to see if I can get some input from board. As mentioned earlier in this thread, I'm light in the QB department in a Dynasty league that puts a pretty high value on QB's. Roethlisberger is my #1 QB and he finished as the 11th ranked QB at almost exactly half the points that Drew Brees put up from the #1 spot. The following QB's are/should be available:

Andrew Luck

Robertn Griffin III

Matt Flynn

Jake Locker

Ryan Tannehill

John Skelton

Kevin Kolb

I've got a top 4 pick and one of either Luck or Griffin should be available. I'd like to see your opinions on these QB's listed and their rankings short and long term. Flynn is the one that intrigues me, and Locker isn't far behind on the intrigue list. Oddly, without intending to do so, I think I listed them by their "long term" rankings in my own mind. TIA!

I'm against the grain on this board, as I'm a huge fan of Locker.

I'm kind of wondering how your positioned? Are the QB's not named Luck or RG3 someone you can get later, or do you already have them?

Anyways, if I had the choice of the top 2 QB's in this draft,or use that pick somewhere else. Richardson/Martin, Floyd/Blackmon and have that person to go with Locker, thats the route I would take.

I'm neutral on Locker, but I agree with where you are coming from. I have a choice between Martin or RGIII in the upcoming draft and it is a no brainer. Martin and then hope that Tannehill falls to round 2. I beilieve that there is very little skill drop-off with Tannehill given a year or 2 to develop better weapons around him. In the meantime I've got Cutler and Freeman.

Andrew Luck

Robertn Griffin III

Matt Flynn

Jake Locker

Ryan Tannehill

John Skelton

Kevin Kolb

I actually think you have already listed them in the order I like.. forget tannehil, kolb and shelton.. I would try for luck and Flynn (for this year) if you can get your hands on two of them.. seems like good insurance IMO

alot has to do with how your building though, I assume Big Ben will outscore all those I mentioned this year so Luck will be more of a long term project..

real quick one: I have to deal one of my two bench rb's to get to roster limit

so who would you rather hold in dynasty: Shonn Greene or James Starks :dunno:

The following trades are presented to perhaps stimulate some discussion or give you an idea of relative player valuation in our league.

Our first four rounds are the rookie/ developmental draft and round 5 begins the 1st round of the 5 round supplemental draft, so 5.01 would be the first pick of five rounds of "leftovers" after the rostered 15 active players and the 4 round rookie draft is over. Since Evil Genius modeled his bylaws after this league (except without the ability to draft college developmental), here's what you FFToday Zealots have to look forward to.

Trading opened for 2012 on March 1st and we just had our cutdown to 15 active plus developmental carry-overs (I think there were about 10 of them for the whole 12 team league). During that 90 day period, there were 45 trades that went down in the league. Since my last report of May 5th, trading picked up (I was extremely active) and we had 18 go down in the last 3 weeks:

1. •Yeti Brethren gave up Jackson, Steven STL RB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.02

•The Hype Machines gave up Ponder, Christian MIN QB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 5.05

2. •The Hype Machines gave up Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB;Boldin, Anquan BAL WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.05

•Cheesehead gave up Goodson, Mike OAK RB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.04

3. •Combative Clowns gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.03;Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.12; Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Combative Clowns

•Schmucks gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.04;Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.06; Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Schmucks

4. •Combative Clowns gave up Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Combative Clowns

•Cheesehead gave up Rice, Sidney SEA WR

5. •The Hype Machines gave up Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.05

•Cincinnati Prancers gave up Brees, Drew NOS QB

6. •Yeti Brethren gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.11;Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.03

•Combative Clowns gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.06;Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.07

7. •Cincinnati Prancers gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.01; Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Cincinnati Prancers

•The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from HitNRun

8. •The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.01;Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.03

•Cheesehead gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.06;Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.05

9. •The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Olsen, Greg CAR TE

•Duh Manning! gave up Texans, Houston HOU Def

10. •The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.06;Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.07; Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics

•Combative Clowns gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.04;Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.11

11. •Cincinnati Prancers gave up Jones, Taiwan OAK RB; Year 2012 Draft Pick 6.11

•The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Amendola, Danny STL WR; Year 2012 Draft Pick 8.04

12. •The Hype Machines gave up Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from The Hype Machines

•The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Jones, Taiwan OAK RB

13. •Duh Manning! gave up Hardesty, Montario CLE RB

•Combative Clowns gave up Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Combative Clowns

14. •HitNRun gave up Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from HitNRun

•Duh Manning! gave up Palmer, Carson OAK QB

15. •Combative Clowns gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.09

•Silly Rabbit gave up Year 2013 Round 2 Draft Pick from Silly Rabbit

16. •Schmucks gave up Locker, Jake TEN QB;Rudolph, Kyle MIN TE; Year 2012 Draft Pick 3.02

•Yeti Brethren gave up Brown, Vincent SDC WR;Dickson, Ed BAL TE; Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.06;Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.07

17. •Duh Manning! gave up Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Duh Manning!;Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from Combative Clowns

•Schmucks gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.12

18. •Duh Manning! gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 2.12; Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Cincinnati Prancers

•The Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics gave up Year 2012 Draft Pick 1.11

I've been watching Zealots and it is too bad that not everyone has paid so you could have pre-draft trading. But the way these leagues are constructed, you will all become trading experts very shortly and your league will surely be a lot of strategy and tons of fun. Good luck!

In the meantime, look at these trades and as always feel free to question or comment.

BTW, I'm the Mighty Pinksburg Orgasmics and Evil Genius is the Silly Rabbit.

I actually think you have already listed them in the order I like.. forget tannehil, kolb and shelton.. I would try for luck and Flynn (for this year) if you can get your hands on two of them.. seems like good insurance IMO

alot has to do with how your building though, I assume Big Ben will outscore all those I mentioned this year so Luck will be more of a long term project..

If it's a all or nothing question. You draft a QB, Luck or Rg3.

Or you use that high pick else where and then you can still get Locker (for me). I'd take that pick with a Locker or a Flynn. I'm just not sure if there's a latter pick or if he already has the qb. To bye pass the studd qb in round 1. And go a really good Rb or Wr with that pick instead, then go with the tier lower Qb.

Without all the details, it seems like it's a 2 for 1 kind of deal?

I like the 2.

If it's just a first round pick, and he wants a Qb, and thats the only option, (doesn't already have 1 of those kids. Doesn't have a latter draft pick) Then I'd take 1 of the Qb's, with Luck rated first.

If it's a all or nothing question. You draft a QB, Luck or Rg3.

Or you use that high pick else where and then you can still get Locker (for me). I'd take that pick with a Locker or a Flynn. I'm just not sure if there's a latter pick or if he already has the qb. To bye pass the studd qb in round 1. And go a really good Rb or Wr with that pick instead, then go with the tier lower Qb.

Without all the details, it seems like it's a 2 for 1 kind of deal?

I like the 2.

If it's just a first round pick, and he wants a Qb, and thats the only option, (doesn't already have 1 of those kids. Doesn't have a latter draft pick) Then I'd take 1 of the Qb's, with Luck rated first.

Without seeing the roster and assuming it is not a two QB league, I think the answer is easy. If you have as much confidence in Locker as it appears you do, then draft the RB.

BTW, right now it looks like next year's draft class will be long on quality QBs and short on quality RBs if that makes any difference in your decision.

Without seeing the roster and assuming it is not a two QB league, I think the answer is easy. If you have as much confidence in Locker as it appears you do, then draft the RB.

BTW, right now it looks like next year's draft class will be long on quality QBs and short on quality RBs if that makes any difference in your decision.

This is just my own .02 from my little black book on 2013:

The Qb's look like there's alot of good depth. No studs, but alot of decent kids.

The WR's won't be as deep as this year. But this is a very deep class, it's really remarkable the quality of guys you can still pick up at the ends of your drafts this year. However, I do have 4 guys I have pegged as studs in the Blackmon/Floyd range. So I think it will be top heavy better.

The TE's, meh, maybe the kid from Notre Dame. But I think it's gonna be an even weaker class than this year.

The RB's will be an interesting watch for me.

I have 9 guys I have great interest in. But some of those guys got hurt last year, so I gotta see if they can make a comeback. Some guys have had a heavy workload so far, and I'm alittle worried about a Kevin Smith type breakdown. While not short on talent, their getting beat up too early.

Then of course we have to see who actually declares too.

2 guys I really like though, and if they do come back from injury are Lattimore and Graham. I have them ahead of everyone but Richardson in this years draft class. So it could potentially not be as bad as you think.

Thoughts on this trade offer?

PPR Dynasty

Team A trades RGIII

Team B trades Locker and a choice or David Wilson or Jonathan Stewart

Thoughts on this trade offer?

PPR Dynasty

Team A trades RGIII

Team B trades Locker and a choice or David Wilson or Jonathan Stewart

Soo much depends on team needs...but in theroy I do like the trade :thumbsup:

Soo much depends on team needs...but in theroy I do like the trade :thumbsup:

This is what I thinking too. The backs in this trade are both very talented, and Locker has tremendous upside. If I'm set at other spots I'm not giving up RGIII, but if I'm in need, then it's a good deal.

I traded coby fleener for jermicheal finley.

I am a finley fan, i wasnt on the badwagon last year because he spent the offseason in rehab, whereas this offseason he is working on strength and speed.