Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Olympics start Thursday/Friday - does anyone give a chit?

I am probably in the minority, but I liked it better when the NHL players were not playing in the Olympics...

The Russians were always sending pro players and aside from one miracle no one really had a chance against them except other communist countries sending pros.

Now everyone is sending pros but just not the best pros. The vast majority NHL players wanted to play in the olympics. the NHL really blew it IMO because there are a number of excellent young US born players (Auston Matthews, Jack Eichel, etc.,) who could have gained valuable exposure to large audiences.

US Men's Curling team just beat Canada 2x in the same week to move on to the gold medal game versus Sweden. Canada had won gold at the last 3 Olympic games. Gold medal game is live at 3AM EST on Saturday and the replay will be at 4PM. GOAT Olympic Sport.

US Men's Curling team just beat Canada 2x in the same week to move on to the gold medal game versus Sweden. Canada had won gold at the last 3 Olympic games. Gold medal game is live at 3AM EST on Saturday and the replay will be at 4PM. GOAT Olympic Sport.

I watched the tail end of this. Not a sport btw, but its sort of an interesting game.

I watched the tail end of this. Not a sport btw, but its sort of an interesting game.

I try to like it, I do watch it from time to time, but way too long of a match and too many throws per inning or frame, whatever the fock it's called.

I try to like it, I do watch it from time to time, but way too long of a match and too many throws per inning or frame, whatever the fock it's called.

Uncultured swine.

Medals by country
Country Gold Silver Bronze Total
Norway 13 12 10 35
Germany 13 7 5 25
Canada 9 7 8 24
United States of America 8 7 6 21
Netherlands 7 6 4 17
Sweden 5 5 0 10
France 5 4 6 15
Austria 5 2 6 13
South Korea 4 4 3 11
Switzerland 3 6 2 11
Japan 3 5 3 11
Italy 3 2 5 10
Belarus 2 1 0 3
China 1 6 2 9
Czech Republic 1 2 3 6
Slovakia 1 2 0 3
Great Britain 1 0 3 4
Poland 1 0 1 2
Hungary 1 0 0 1
Ukraine 1 0 0 1
Olympic Athletes from Russia 0 4 8 12
Australia 0 2 1 3
Slovenia 0 1 0 1
Finland 0 0 4 4
Spain 0 0 2 2
New Zealand 0 0 2 2
Latvia 0 0 1 1
Kazakhstan 0 0 1 1
Liechtenstein 0 0 1 1

Terrible showing by the USA

Yeah. Ive never watched a whole whatever its called.

Whenever I have watched it, it makes me wanna get up and go play pool or bocce ball.

Yeah. Ive never watched a whole whatever its called.

Whenever I have watched it, it makes me wanna get up and go play pool or bocce ball.

Why isn't bocce a summer olympic event? :sleep:

Why isn't bocce a summer olympic event? :sleep:

Should be.

Although I like the use of the word "event" rather than "sport". I legitimately think If I quit work and played every day, I could make the 2022 games. Anything that I could be in the elite of the elite is not a sport.

Although I like the use of the word "event" rather than "sport". I legitimately think If I quit work and played every day, I could make the 2022 games. Anything that I could be in the elite of the elite is not a sport.

especially if you pretended to be from a sh1thole country

especially if you pretended to be from a sh1thole country

Like that one chick who did the halfpipe for Hungary. I could for sure make that squad. I wish I was an immigrant :(.

TV ratings are down 25%.

Not surprising. We have sucked, they have barely shown medal ceremonies, most of the good stuff was on way past bedtime for most and IMO nbc has done an atrocious job of promoting and building up the big events.

Olympics start Thursday/Friday - does anyone give a chit?

Only three pages... I guess not. :(

Thanks to a great double in the 8th end to score 5, the US Mens Curling team completed an incredible comeback that started 7 games before with a stunning upset of Sweden to take home gold. Match started at 1:35AM EST and I watched every minute of it. Shuster totally redeems himself and takes home gold. GOAT event.

Thanks to a great double in the 8th end to score 5

did he hit in the gap and how do you score 5 on one hit :huh: