Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

Black panther movie thread....**poof**

Were the bored racists being racist ITT?

I didnt read that thread to avoid spoilers. Looking forward to seeing the movie though.

I have a solution for that.

When a cronic deleter starts a thread just start a new thread with the same subject and just post in the one not controlled by the repeat offenders. The conversation will still go on so why should they care. Unless they are having an urge to Bait and Delete.

When a cronic deleter starts a thread just start a new thread with the same subject and just post in the one not controlled by the repeat offenders. The conversation will still go on so why should they care. Unless they are having an urge to Bait and Delete.

Wait....are you quoting yourself?

Nah; ed wouldn't do that. peenie started it and apparently got irritated by debate on it.

Like Ed never aborted anything?

You must not know about me. In the 70s thread I was like GFIAFPjr.

And the 80's

Just got back from the noon show on a sunday. Pretty full theater surisingly. Usually first weekend sunday shows pretty empty.

Mixed audience.

No loud crazy stereotype audience members... sorry to burst sone of your bubbles.

Review...

Im a big Marvel Nerd so get that out of the way first.

I liked the movie alot. I would have liked to see more tie in with other movies considering he will be in the infinity war movie.

Movie had a positive message all around centered around nobility and honor and how even the most altruistic can make mistakes.

Good cgi stuff. Tech was cool. Im sure you could find lines and hidden political meanings in the movie, but again as a superhero nerd moviegoer I choose to go be entertained instead of making myself try to find every flaw or expose the directors hidden political agenda.

Spoiler alert... do not read any further if you dont want spoilers

The main controversy in the movie was the fact that the wakandas are easily the most tech advanced society on the planet. Yet they hide themselves and portray themselves as a third world agrarian society.

One of them wants to stay hidden and help from the shadows

One wants to arm the oppressed and take over the planet.

Good story!!

• Like 1

My favorite black movie is Chuck E Cheese security camera footage

Just got back from the noon show on a sunday. Pretty full theater surisingly. Usually first weekend sunday shows pretty empty.

Mixed audience.

No loud crazy stereotype audience members... sorry to burst sone of your bubbles.

Review...

Im a big Marvel Nerd so get that out of the way first.

I liked the movie alot. I would have liked to see more tie in with other movies considering he will be in the infinity war movie.

Movie had a positive message all around centered around nobility and honor and how even the most altruistic can make mistakes.

Good cgi stuff. Tech was cool. Im sure you could find lines and hidden political meanings in the movie, but again as a superhero nerd moviegoer I choose to go be entertained instead of making myself try to find every flaw or expose the directors hidden political agenda.

Spoiler alert... do not read any further if you dont want spoilers

The fact that it doesn't tie in too much is a positive in my opinion. I enjoy the marvel movies but I'm not well versed in all the story lines. To be honest it's starting to get harder to keep sh1t straight. One reason why I really enjoyed Thor Ragnarok.

Damn, thats the last time I offer snacks to anyone on here

Not your fault.

Were the bored racists being racist ITT?

I didnt read that thread to avoid spoilers. Looking forward to seeing the movie though.

Yes, they were horrible and I was sick of it.

The unfortunate part of this movie is i actually really like the Black Panther character.....never even thought about black...white whatever.

But now that i know there was a focused effort to make it some sort of black statement, im not going to see it.

It amazes me how one sees everything as a color issue, but try to come off as not the racist ones.

• Like 1

The unfortunate part of this movie is i actually really like the Black Panther character.....never even thought about black...white whatever.

But now that i know there was a focused effort to make it some sort of black statement, im not going to see it.

It amazes me how one sees everything as a color issue, but try to come off as not the racist ones.

The focused effort on a black statement is being made by the public and this forum. The movie is set in a fictional country and is about a king claiming his land and fighting against a rival to his throne. Its not about BLM lol. Its just a great marvel movie like any other with cool fight scenes, sets and the panther costumes are dope.
  • Like 1

The focused effort on a black statement is being made by the public and this forum. The movie is set in a fictional country and is about a king claiming his land and fighting against a rival to his throne. Its not about BLM lol. Its just a great marvel movie like any other with cool fight scenes, sets and the panther costumes are dope.

Well thats not accurate. There have been several stories on this.

Well thats not accurate. There have been several stories on this.

Ok cool whatever. I saw it and loved it and gave zero chits about the politics in the news surrounding it. I dont give a flying fock what you do or see.

If not seeing an awesome movie whos character you have interest in for some immature political boycot makes you kewl, more power to ya.

Ok cool whatever. I saw it and loved it and gave zero chits about the politics in the news surrounding it. I dont give a flying fock what you do or see.

If not seeing an awesome movie whos character you have interest in for some immature political boycot makes you kewl, more power to ya.

You responded to my post not the other way around.

Walk on.

How can we expect black people to run Africa properly when they cant even run a thread at a low rent message bored?

In fairness, they are both kind of shiit holes.

You must not know about me. In the 70s thread I was like GFIAFPjr.

Somebody's been touting themselves often recently. Even a silverback thread. What's up

Or if you see the movie for what it is ("black empowerment a.k.a. more PC way of saying black power raise your fist) then you're a white supremisist. No, I'm a movie fan who just wants the political crap kept to a minimum.