Sign in to follow this  
nzoner

3rd graders selling raffle tickets to win an AR-15

Good for you Coach Patterson :thumbsup:

Third-graders in a Missouri community are continuing to sell raffle tickets for an AR-15 to benefit their traveling baseball team after the same type of rifle was used to slaughter and injure dozens at a Florida school.

Levi Patterson, the coach of a 9-and-under baseball team in Neosho, Mo., told The Star the idea was conceived before the shooting in Parkland, Fla.

Patterson said by phone Saturday that he considered finding a different raffle item after Wednesday’s mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, but ultimately decided to “turn it into a positive thing” after “getting the hate.

Hopefully they shoot their parents before accidentally shooting themselves

Good for you Coach Patterson :thumbsup:

Third-graders in a Missouri community are continuing to sell raffle tickets for an AR-15 to benefit their traveling baseball team after the same type of rifle was used to slaughter and injure dozens at a Florida school.

Levi Patterson, the coach of a 9-and-under baseball team in Neosho, Mo., told The Star the idea was conceived before the shooting in Parkland, Fla.

Patterson said by phone Saturday that he considered finding a different raffle item after Wednesday’s mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, but ultimately decided to “turn it into a positive thing” after “getting the hate.

Why would say good job? And what is he "turning into a positive thing"?

Why would say good job? And what is he "turning into a positive thing"?

Did you read the whole article?

Regardless of school shootings or anything else... a youth organization deciding to raffle off firearms is just a bad decision... you're a youth organization, can't you just pick something that's a bit more "kid-centric"? Vegas, guns, alcohol, strippers... it should be pretty obvious that you just avoid this stuff for a youth organization.

the world is full of dopes... and many of them are in charge and/or making decisions.

Regardless of school shootings or anything else... a youth organization deciding to raffle off firearms is just a bad decision... you're a youth organization, can't you just pick something that's a bit more "kid-centric"? Vegas, guns, alcohol, strippers... it should be pretty obvious that you just avoid this stuff for a youth organization.

the world is full of dopes... and many of them are in charge and/or making decisions.

One of the fathers owns a gun shop and donated the gun,personally I'm from Missouri and gun raffles around these parts are quite common.

Lots of kids go hunting and shoot guns. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Get your head out of your ass.

One of the fathers owns a gun shop and donated the gun,personally I'm from Missouri and gun raffles around these parts are quite common.

smartass answer:

meh... OK then. A gun raffle is a meat raffle to the hillbillies.

It still doesn't make it a good idea, it just make you a hillbilly.

productive answer:

different cultures then... and I get it... Andy Griffith would probably have Opie's boyscouts raising money from a gun raffle and it'd be all American and wholesome... and people are trying to preserve that - but it's gone... that's just not the world today and trying to pretend it still is basically puts you on par with the Amish.

Ahhh there's the problem. These kids have father's. How dare they. Don't they know they are supposed to grow up in a single mother house hold and feminize them.

• Like 1

Lots of kids go hunting and shoot guns. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Get your head out of your ass.

:thumbsup: Speaking for my area I know numerous fathers who introduced guns to their kids at an early age and that includes above all the safety and use of one.

smartass answer:

productive answer:

different cultures then... and I get it... Andy Griffith would probably have Opie's boyscouts raising money from a gun raffle and it'd be all American and wholesome... and people are trying to preserve that - but it's gone... that's just not the world today and trying to pretend it still is basically puts you on par with the Amish.

It's gone in your world. Look at a map the wholesome life style where people respect guns and each other is alive and well. Maybe not in your democrat controlled cities, but that's your choice.

:thumbsup: Speaking for my area I know numerous fathers who introduced guns to their kids at an early age and that includes above all the safety and use of one.

It's the best time to teach them. The memories you build last for generations.

People like Ryan can't understand that.

where people respect guns and each other is alive and well.

then why do you consistently show a complete lack of respect for everything around here?

you set a poor example for preserving anything.

smartass answer:

Thanks pardner that reminds me I have to go check the possum traps later :rolleyes:

then why do you consistently show a complete lack of respect for everything around here?

you set a poor example for preserving anything.

I don't have a lot of respect for people who constantly try to destroy our constitution and way of life.

Sue me.

Thanks pardner that reminds me I have to go check the possum traps later :rolleyes:

That's what the left does if you don't live in a cramped city taking public transportation every where you're a hillbilly, redneck, white trash. Until they want your vote of course. And he has the audacity to say I'm disrespectful.

I don't hate people who live in large cities they are more than welcome to govern themselves how they see fit. When they try to tell me how I should live that's when I get pissed.

Conservatives are a focked up bunch. sadly not as focked up as libs :(

Chiner's 3rd graders are auctioning off an actual 3rd grade girl... that's their custom.

• Like 1

Im from OK originally. Many of my relatives lived on farms, so shotguns and rifles were always around.

I understand the thought process behind the raffle, but the timing is pretty terrible.

Im from OK originally. Many of my relatives lived on farms, so shotguns and rifles were always around.

I understand the thought process behind the raffle, but the timing is pretty terrible.

The raffle began before the Florida school shooting.

The raffle began before the Florida school shooting.

Yeah. I saw that. The timing sucks for the rafflers as well.

Wed never have heard about it if werent for the Florida school shooting.

Did you read the whole article?

I did. to be clear, I clicked on each link and they were all the same story. I don't understand how he turned anything into a positive thing. He ran the fund raiser, got "hate" online, incorrectly claimed the hate was from a hate group, said he was wrong about the hate group and that they like guns, and no change. ie no turning into a positive thing, maybe its getting more money in for their raffle thru out of state ticket buys. I've said this over and over here, I am not anti gun, will probably own one someday. I am very pro weed. I think it would be very poor form for a coach to have kids sell raffle tickets for a weed giveaway.

Yeah. I saw that. The timing sucks for the rafflers as well.

Wed never have heard about it if werent for the Florida school shooting.

Looks like the poor bastard got lit up on Facebook pretty good but I liked his response and how he handled it,thus my good job comment in OP.

• Like 1

I did. to be clear, I clicked on each link and they were all the same story. I don't understand how he turned anything into a positive thing. He ran the fund raiser, got "hate" online, incorrectly claimed the hate was from a hate group, said he was wrong about the hate group and that they like guns, and no change. ie no turning into a positive thing, maybe its getting more money in for their raffle thru out of state ticket buys. I've said this over and over here, I am not anti gun, will probably own one someday. I am very pro weed. I think it would be very poor form for a coach to have kids sell raffle tickets for a weed giveaway.

IMO the positive was admitting he was wrong,not forcing any kids to sell raffle tickets that weren't comfortable doing so and just showing there was a proper way to do things.

BTW,very pro weed myself and right ot not I'd buy a raffle ticket for that.

IMO the positive was admitting he was wrong,not forcing any kids to sell raffle tickets that weren't comfortable doing so and just showing there was a proper way to do things.

BTW,very pro weed myself and right ot not I'd buy a raffle ticket for that.

:D

eta - I should have added the not forcing kids to sell tickets line reminds me of the Chris Rock bit about taking credit for things your supposed to do.

eta - I should have added the not forcing kids to sell tickets line reminds me of the Chris Rock bit about taking credit for things your supposed to do.

point taken :thumbsup:

I like the Michael Scott version.

Why are you thinking about purchasing a gun?

Kind of a weak analogy. How many dads take their kids shooting and teach them to properly use a firearm/rifle? Pretty common in rural areas. I don't think those same parents are splitting a joint or a bottle of whiskey with their kids.

Why are you thinking about purchasing a gun?

The idea of shooting at a range or skeet sounds like something I would enjoy. Its also likely that i move to a remote area in Maine that has had issues with break ins from, in short methheads, and there are not many police around. So, home protection on some level. I have a close family member that works for a gun manufacturer and could get a big discount. No guarantee that I will buy one, just a possibility

Kind of a weak analogy. How many dads take their kids shooting and teach them to properly use a firearm/rifle? Pretty common in rural areas. I don't think those same parents are splitting a joint or a bottle of whiskey with their kids.

Fair enough, I still thinks its poor form to have the gun as a raffle item.

• Like 1

The idea of shooting at a range or skeet sounds like something I would enjoy. Its also likely that i move to a remote area in Maine that has had issues with break ins from, in short methheads, and there are not many police around. So, home protection on some level. I have a close family member that works for a gun manufacturer and could get a big discount. No guarantee that I will buy one, just a possibility

Sporting clays are pretty fun. Moving to an area infested with meth addicts isnt. What kind of gun are you considering?

Fair enough, I still thinks its poor form to have the gun as a raffle item.

Yeah it is pretty tasteless, I agree.