Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Jason Whitlock tells the truth, yet again about Colin Krapernick

Skip to 10:35 to hear the whole conversation on Krap

Skip to 15:40 to hear what Whitlock has to say

:thumbsup:

didn't watch, but I always assume Whitlock will come to every opinion he has via the same process.

1. Determine the stereotypical black guy opinion.

2. Determine the 70+ year old white guy opinion.

3. Present the white guy opinion as his own and explain why the normal black opinion is idiotic.

4. Wait around for people to call his take refreshing for a black guy, even if they don't use said words.

I'm not knocking him. He found a marketable angle and suckers people in with it, no different than a Skip Bayless, just a different niche angle. It worked on me for awhile until it got to the point that I could guess 90% of his takes before I bothered reading his article.

• Like 1

didn't watch, but I always assume Whitlock will come to every opinion he has via the same process.

3. Present the white guy opinion as his own and explain why the normal black opinion is idiotic.

4. Wait around for people to call his take refreshing for a black guy, even if they don't use said words.

I'm not knocking him. He found a marketable angle and suckers people in with it, no different than a Skip Bayless, just a different niche angle. It worked on me for awhile until it got to the point that I could guess 90% of his takes before I bothered reading his article.

Maybe he believes the 70 year old white guys opinion is the right assessment. I happen to agree an aren't anyway near 70.

What's your opinion on Colin?

Maybe he believes the 70 year old white guys opinion is the right assessment. I happen to agree an aren't anyway near 70.

What's your opinion on Colin?

Sometimes I agree with the stereotypical 70 year old white guy's assessment. Sometimes I agree with the stereotypical black guy assessment. Whitlock seemingly can't make the same claim as I.

Didn't read the thread but ill assume that cbfalcon is playing the stereotypical role of the white social justice warrior who feels obliged to side with the fake outrage perspective because of ill conceived white guilt ?

:dunno:

• Like 1

Didn't read the thread but ill assume that cbfalcon is playing the stereotypical role of the white social justice warrior who feels obliged to side with the fake outrage perspective because of ill conceived white guilt ?

There were four posts. Your babbling took longer than it would have to just look for yourself.

Actually made me laugh, thanks. :doublethumbsup:

Sometimes I agree with the stereotypical 70 year old white guy's assessment. Sometimes I agree with the stereotypical black guy assessment. Whitlock seemingly can't make the same claim as I.

What is your take in this? Maybe "White"lock feels white. Shouldn't that count for something?

What is your take in this? Maybe "White"lock feels white. Shouldn't that count for something?

Had no problem with Kap kneeling during the anthem. It's a free country. If he is willing to take the heat, then by all means.......Personally, I like it when people use their visibility to send a message as long as they aren't negatively affecting the proceedings. He wasn't affecting the game...Example would be: Win a MTV Video award and mouth off about civil rights during your acceptance speech = fine, as long as you can take the criticism. Tim Commerford of Rage Against the Machine climbing the stage scaffolding at the same awards and refusing to come down = not fine.......But Kap has to be willing to pay the consequences. If fans wanted to protest by not watching or buying Niners tickets or whatever, so be it. I personally think they are dumb, but I respect their right.

As for Whitlock.....can I assume this is in relation to his not being signed? If so, I say this.........If GMs are refusing to sign him because they personally don't agree with his beliefs or believe he should have a right to voice said beliefs, I have an issue with those GMs.

But I suspect the following is the actual case.....If those same GMs could care less about his beliefs per say, and simply believe his negatives (media distraction) outweigh his positives (his skills), then I 100% support them not signing him......The GM's job is to build a winner. It doesn't matter what the positives or negatives are per say. If a guy is a net negative, he hurts your ability to win. And that's the only goal.

I probably am somewhat in line with Whitlock here (guessing on his take). But I differ with Whitlock in his belief that the NBA should ban tattoos and that white people should be able to use the N word since black guys do so.

Had no problem with Kap kneeling during the anthem. It's a free country. If he is willing to take the heat, then by all means.......Personally, I like it when people use their visibility to send a message as long as they aren't negatively affecting the proceedings. He wasn't affecting the game...Example would be: Win a MTV Video award and mouth off about civil rights during your acceptance speech = fine, as long as you can take the criticism. Tim Commerford of Rage Against the Machine climbing the stage scaffolding at the same awards and refusing to come down = not fine.......But Kap has to be willing to pay the consequences. If fans wanted to protest by not watching or buying Niners tickets or whatever, so be it. I personally think they are dumb, but I respect their right.

As for Whitlock.....can I assume this is in relation to his not being signed? If so, I say this.........If GMs are refusing to sign him because they personally don't agree with his beliefs or believe he should have a right to voice said beliefs, I have an issue with those GMs.

But I suspect the following is the actual case.....If those same GMs could care less about his beliefs per say, and simply believe his negatives (media distraction) outweigh his positives (his skills), then I 100% support them not signing him......The GM's job is to build a winner. It doesn't matter what the positives or negatives are per say. If a guy is a net negative, he hurts your ability to win. And that's the only goal.

I probably am somewhat in line with Whitlock here (guessing on his take). But I differ with Whitlock in his belief that the NBA should ban tattoos and that white people should be able to use the N word since black guys do so.

Since you are more aligned with Whitlock in this case why did you make your first statement? That's right, you assumed.

Since you are more aligned with Whitlock in this case why did you make your first statement? That's right, you assumed.

But I assumed correctly.....Therefore I learned nothing. :dunno:

It seems you missed my point. I don't have an issue with every Whitlock take. I have an issue with the fact that i don't believe Whitlock's takes to be legit. They are predetermined based on a marketable angle he has decided to take on all issues. Skip Bayless is similar.

But I assumed correctly.....Therefore I learned nothing. :dunno:

It seems you missed my point. I don't have an issue with every Whitlock take. I have an issue with the fact that i don't believe Whitlock's takes to be legit. They are predetermined based on a marketable angle he has decided to take on all issues. Skip Bayless is similar.

Again, maybe his take is that of a 70 year old white man. Why can't that be legitimately how he feels? So you know something the rest don't? Fock, all blacks don't feel the same way. It's a shame you think they should and do.

I really figured we were getting beyond that kind of thinking. Oh well....

Again, maybe his take is that of a 70 year old white man. Why can't that be legitimately how he feels? So you know something the rest don't? Fock, all blacks don't feel the same way. It's a shame you think they should and do.

I really figured we were getting beyond that kind of thinking. Oh well....

He can have the same take as a 70 year old white man. But he is so consistently in line with the 70 year old white man on so many issues that it feels contrived for the sake of business to me. It doesn't pass the smell test....in my opinion. Obviously you disagree.

He can have the same take as a 70 year old white man. But he is so consistently in line with the 70 year old white man on so many issues that it feels contrived for the sake of business to me. It doesn't pass the smell test....in my opinion. Obviously you disagree.

This. He is trying to go viral when he does this. He wants thousands of white guys to share his article on their facebook pages with captions saying "This guy gets it" or "How refreshing to see a black man with a good head on his shoulders"

This. He is trying to go viral when he does this. He wants thousands of white guys to share his article on their facebook pages with captions saying "This guy gets it" or "How refreshing to see a black man with a good head on his shoulders"

"go viral" when he's already on TV :lol:

What a rube.

What a rube.

Going viral means spreading by being shared on social media. Please stop making me educate you. I feel embarrassed for you.

What a rube.

Good God just shut the fock up already.

So is this 70 year old white guy Bernie Sanders?