Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Should/Will Trump do anything about Otto Warmbier/North Korea?

Thoughts?

Threaten the madman with sanctions?

1. Don't send your kid to North Korea

2. Make sure that, if you do go to North Korea, you don't do anything stupid.

I'm with you on #2.

When Dennis Rodman can go there several times and make it back fine.

He Otto do something.

I say he otto naut

I've considered going. There are tours. I would love to see that focked up place. Especially if I could get tix to the mass games. YouTube that sh!t, it's insane.

But it's too focking risky. And they wouldn't let you actually see anything cool anyway.

There's not much he can do. And just like Obama, he's not going to risk an international event because of one stupid kid. The right is learning that it's much easier to just sit around for eight years and be an armchair quarterback than to actually govern.

. Especially if I could get tix to the mass games. YouTube that sh!t, it's insane.

what a disappointment.

I thought it would be like the Hunger Games.

What a bunch of shite that was

I don't know much about the story, but are we really convinced he stole a poster? I get that he admitted it, but I feel the presence of duress may have been possible at said admission.

I don't know much about the story, but are we really convinced he stole a poster? I get that he admitted it, but I feel the presence of duress may have been possible at said admission.

I am sure he did something small, and they made him admit to doing something he didn't do

There's not much he can do. And just like Obama, he's not going to risk an international event because of one stupid kid. The right is learning that it's much easier to just sit around for eight years and be an armchair quarterback than to actually govern.

Exactly...easy to be twitterer in chief.

Wow, not a sympathetic word for this poor kid out of the libtarded. No class

He Otto do something.

Agreed. Warm bier is the worst. :thumbsdown:

I have the same amount of sympathy for him as i do those three morons that were caught "hiking" in Iran.

The part that suck is NK doesn't treat polotical prisoners like the rest of the civilized world.

Agreed. Warm bier is the worst. :thumbsdown:

Finally an issue we can all agree on. :thumbsup:

Should he? Yes. Will he? Yes. Will we ever know what was done? No.

Wow :lol:

I wish he had been smarter. There. Good enough for you?

Bwahahahaha What a focking cop out. :doh:

I thought Tillerson said this was the end of "strategic patience". It's so weird how the new song still sounds exactly like the old song though. Except now North Korea has launched as many missiles in 6 months as they did the previous 8 years under Obama. :doh:

But at least we have Drumpf to the rescue!!!! "“North Korea is behaving very badly. They have been ‘playing’ the United States for years. China has done little to help!”

Give them a spanking Drumpf!!

I thought Tillerson said this was the end of "strategic patience". It's so weird how the new song still sounds exactly like the old song though. Except now North Korea has launched as many missiles in 6 months as they did the previous 8 years under Obama. :doh:

Like I said earlier, I don't want to see American pride result in world war three and millions of dead allies, but it is quite funny seeing how North Korea has seriously stepped up the taunting now that they know what a pussie Trump is.

WWYS

WSIS

Wow :lol:

Bwahahahaha What a focking cop out. :doh:

I don't think they have a clue what you meant by that, Timmy.

I 100% agree with what you said.

/

What can he do? Sanction them more? I just don't see anything you really can do.

They have focking video of it. not worth getting your head stoved in, but a focking stupid thing to do.

Unless the kid was somehow independently wealthy, Dad paid for the trip- just like Kayla Meuller and Sarah Shourd.

Maybe be a GD parent rather than trying to be the kid's bestie. And Damn sure don't blame everybody BUT yourself when shiit inevitably goes south.

FWIW:

The number of American citizens murdered in Mexico rose from 81 in 2013 to 100 in 2014,

Guy was an idiot. Sorry he died but he's still an idiot

I think ya nailed it. The kid was an idiot, but an American citizen... murdered rather despicably.

Any president would have some reaction. Be interesting if North Korea's next rocket fails. :ninja:

They have focking video of it. not worth getting your head stoved in, but a focking stupid thing to do.

Unless the kid was somehow independently wealthy, Dad paid for the trip- just like Kayla Meuller and Sarah Shourd.

Maybe be a GD parent rather than trying to be the kid's bestie. And Damn sure don't blame everybody BUT yourself when shiit inevitably goes south.

https://youtu.be/SzVGIAcLsf8

Not exactly conclusive.

If his parents never contested it, then that would be more trustworthy; indicating that he told them about it. But I have no idea if they had communication.

. Be interesting if North Korea's next rocket fails. :ninja:

Cracks me up that we kinda sorta, but not really, but possibly- started taking credit for that stuff.

Here's a country that can't even keep their own power running 24 hours continuously, doesn't even have its own auto industry -

but yeah, WE'RE the ones sneakily wiping out their cutting edge, state of the art (scud) missile program.

Can't wait til we start taking credit for their military having to wear those ridiculously large hats.

Here's a country that can't even keep their own power running 24 hours continuously, doesn't even have its own auto industry -

All the easier to f*ck up. :bandana:

Fair enough. Like I said, I didn't know too much about it.

My simple opinion....While nobody is justifying NK's actions, there are a lot of talk tough types essentially saying "1. Shouldn't have went to NK. 2. If you're going to go, don't be a dumbass."...and while I can't argue against those words in any meaningful way, the judgement and implication behind them should probably stop.

The kid was 20 at the time I think. A lot of us here are reasonably intelligent gents, yet we can probably recall that we were at our most defiant, we were at peak bulletproof, and we were prone to our most jackassery laden behavior at 20-21 years old.

Basically I hear stories like this and imagine myself in that position...and instead of claiming I'd never have been such a dumbass, I cringe and HOPE I'd never have been such a dumbass.

The figure in the video taking down the poster could just as easily not be him as be him.

His roommate's thoughts:

Kind of pisses me off that Trump is trying to blame Obama on this.

I mean, it's one thing if you commit the country to two separate land wars

and leave it for the next guy, I get that.

But for fock's sake, Trump's had SIX MONTHS to get this kid freed.

Part of being a leader isn't blaming everyone BUT yourself whenever bad shiit happens.

In Trump's case, the buck stops where?

On the bright side he DID manage to somehow take credit for building the Panama Canal.

No shiit. Even the President of Panama threw him out on that one. "Yeah, like 100 years ago..." :doublethumbsup: