Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

NFL Draft Profiles - Doug Orth - UPDATED 4/29: WR Nelson Agholor

Kicking off Doug's draft profiles today. We've got 15 of these on the schedule, about one every other day from now until draft time at the end of the month. I'll list them all here as they're published...

RB Todd Gurley - 4/1/15

RB Melvin Gordon - 4/3/15

WR Kevin White - 4/5/15

WR Amari Cooper - 4/8/15

QB Jameis Winston - 4/11/15

WR DeVante Parker - 4/13/15

WR Jaelen Strong - 4/15/15

QB Marcus Mariota - 4/17/15

WR Dorial Green-Beckham - 4/19/15

RB Jay Ajayi - 4/21/15

WR Breshad Perriman - 4/23/15

RB T.J. Yeldon - 4/27/15

RB Ameer Abdullah - 4/27/15

RB Duke Johnson - 4/28

WR Nelson Agholor - 4/29

• Like 1

Love these. Nice writing Doug. Hope to see you cover Duke Johnson, Ameer Abdullah, Melvon Gordon and TJ Yelton before it's all done.

Love these. Nice writing Doug. Hope to see you cover Duke Johnson, Ameer Abdullah, Melvon Gordon and TJ Yelton before it's all done.

Thanks. These take so much longer to do than you think, yet I can't imagine not doing them :lol:

As Mike hinted, you'll be getting your wish. Gordon should hit the site Friday and I plan to get to all of the others.

• Like 1

Thanks. These take so much longer to do than you think, yet I can't imagine not doing them :lol:

As Mike hinted, you'll be getting your wish. Gordon should hit the site Friday and I plan to get to all of the others.

Sweet! Those are my top 5 entering the draft, so seeing where you're at on them would be great. With this year's QBs being so top heavy I could see 5 rbs/5 wrs/2 qbs/3 tes (maybe 3 tes anyway)...

I have two QBs, six RBs and six WRs at the moment, with one more spot to be devoted to another RB or WR. Maxx Williams may go in the first round, but I'm not sure he's worth the last spot. Clive Walford is in the same boat.

• Like 1

Thanks Marshall. I've got a mini-book on Winston planned for your weekend reading pleasure.

I am undeniably looking forward to it.

Love this Parker kid. My hope is that TN will trade back and take him in the back of the 1st or hope he's on the board for their early 2nd which I doubt will happen. I think he's a great fit in the Wiz system.

Love this Parker kid. My hope is that TN will trade back and take him in the back of the 1st or hope he's on the board for their early 2nd which I doubt will happen. I think he's a great fit in the Wiz system.

I've got him as top 5, maybe 3rd best WR in this class. I don't think he makes it to the back of the first round.

I've got him as top 5, maybe 3rd best WR in this class. I don't think he makes it to the back of the first round.

Yeah, he's pretty much the consensus 3rd WR, expected to go top 15 (quite possibly to the Vikings to reunite him with Bridgewater).

Yeah its wishful thinking. The most likely scenario which is still a long shot is trading back to Clevelands spot and taking him.

I'm hoping I'll have enough time to do a mock in the week leading up of the draft, but I'd honestly be surprised if the Rams don't entertain the idea of picking him at 10 (assuming Cooper and White are gone). As you might be able to tell from the writeup, however, I'm not sure he warrants that spot at the moment. I see MIN taking Waynes (if the Rams don't), but assuming the Rams pass on Parker and the Vikings take Waynes, I think the Browns scoop Parker up at 12.

Really hoping the Titans don't take Mariotta at #2. That might be one of the worst fits for that offense under Wiz. I'd rather roll with Mettenberger for a year and if he sucks we can address it next year with hopefully a better fit.

I tend to agree. Then again, it sounds like Tennessee is getting Rivers anyway :D

I'm fine with this assuming it's not just Rivers on his current contract for our 2nd overall. If he is resigned for 4 Years before with the premise of being traded and then throw in another pick....maybe their 2nd and that's enough for me.

Value is hard to determine for a franchise QB who is still in his productive years but should be on the back end of them. I don't think it's realistic to expect what some titans fans are asking for Rivers, SD 1st, and 2nd the following year but I'm no expert and certainly that would be fine with me.

DGB posted.

May very well end up being the top WR in this class if he can keep his nose clean.

• Like 2

May very well end up being the top WR in this class if he can keep his nose clean.

As a Saints fan I hope they take him with the 31st pick acquired from the Graham trade. And that he is still there to take

*cough* *cough* Troy Williamson *cough*

Interesting thought. I believe Williamson's No. 1 issue coming out of the draft was also "focus" and/or "inconsistent hands". Perriman is built much better and more talented overall than Williamson, but he's easily the most likely-to-bust WR of the ones I have reviewed so far - more so than DGB b/c Perriman will go higher.

Interesting thought. I believe Williamson's No. 1 issue coming out of the draft was also "focus" and/or "inconsistent hands". Perriman is built much better and more talented overall than Williamson, but he's easily the most likely-to-bust WR of the ones I have reviewed so far - more so than DGB b/c Perriman will go higher.

Perriman's 6'2, 212. Williamson was 6'1, 203. Bigger, but not significantly so.

If DGB busts it will be because of off field issues. When Perriman busts it will be purely due to on field issues.

Perriman's 6'2, 212. Williamson was 6'1, 203. Bigger, but not significantly so.

I didn't mean like that, I should have been more clear. Perriman is rocked up.

Also, to add to what I said above. I have a feeling Perriman could be a bust. However, I was almost sure Williamson was going to be one.

Pretty much any one can bust - a lot of Perriman's potential will depend on what team drafts him. (same could be said for most players I know, but the point I'm making is ala Sammy Watkins)

*cough* *cough* Troy Williamson *cough*

*twitches* And here I thought I'd buried that bad memory forever...

Guru- Your probably not going to go too much further with your write ups. But have you looked at RB David Cobb and WR Tre McBride at all? Could I just get an initial thought on them if you have. Thanks, and great job once again this year. As usual.

Guru- Your probably not going to go too much further with your write ups. But have you looked at RB David Cobb and WR Tre McBride at all? Could I just get an initial thought on them if you have. Thanks, and great job once again this year. As usual.

You are correct. I'm planning on doing Yeldon, Abdullah, Duke Johnson and Agholor before calling it a month.

I will take another look at Cobb and McBride before the draft, I just won't do a profile on them. I wasn't overly impressed watching Cobb over the past two years (my other job has me covering a lot of Big Ten games), but my impression of these guys can change from time to time when I sit down just to watch that one player play. I'm intrigued by McBride. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he has a better career than Perriman (so much depends where players land, of course).

As always, thanks for your kind words.

Very much looking forward to what you have to say about Duke Johnson. I like him quite a bit.