Sign in to follow this  
ROCKFORD

Switzerland bans boiling live lobsters in animal welfare reform

The government also outlawed the practice of transporting lobsters on ice or in icy water. Animal welfare activists have argued that crustaceans feel pain when they are boiled alive.
Switzerland on Wednesday banned restaurants from throwing live lobsters into boiling water as part of a broader reform of the country's animal welfare regulations.
Lobsters and other crustaceans "will now have to be stunned before they are put to death," the government said in a ruling that will enter into force on March 1.

http://www.dw.com/en/switzerland-bans-boiling-live-lobsters-in-animal-welfare-reform/a-42104175

So even though these lobster live in damn near ice cold water, you aren't allowed to transfer them in ice cold water. :huh:

While they're at it, could they get rid of that giant aquarium in the lobby of every Red Lobster?

I mean, I like shellfish as much as the next guy, but that's just a giant skull fuk right there.

Hey Jerry! I think this family likes me! They're pointing at me! Oh look they're getting somebody to take me out of here! I'm free!

Uh guys???? YAAAAARGGGHHH

While they're at it, could they get rid of that giant aquarium in the lobby of every Red Lobster?

I mean, I like shellfish as much as the next guy, but that's just a giant skull fuk right there.

Hey Jerry! I think this family likes me! They're pointing at me! Oh look they're getting somebody to take me out of here! I'm free!

:doublethumbsup: :lol:

You go to Red Lobster? Of course you do.

Had too much to drink at the Red Lobster

Now the room is spinin round like the blades of a helicopter :banana:

Before chickens go to slaughter they are stunned with an electrical shock.

The convulsions caused by passing electricity through their bodies are so severe that wings and legs are sometimes broken.

It's like torture before execution.

Lobsters should protest and demand to be boiled to death.

I'm just waiting for Ashley Judd to come out and talk about the time that her shower was a little too hot and how it was - just like what the lobsters are going through!😭😭😭

I'm just waiting for Ashley Judd to come out and talk about the time that her shower was a little too hot and how it was - just like what the lobsters are going through!😭😭😭

:lol:

I wonder how the determine/define "stunned."

Here's what you do: compliment it on its intelligence. It's so used to getting comments on its looks that it'll be taken off-guard. :thumbsup:

:doublethumbsup: