Sign in to follow this  
RicemanX

Fun ways to determine draft order?

Every single season, our champ from last season got to determine how the draft order for the current season's draft.

Basically, anything except for "hand picking the order" is fair game.

We've had a beer chugging tourney at the live draft, we've had a mario kart tourney, some dude actually went to a mall with 12 of our pictures and asked random women who they thought the ugliest guy was, and this year, the champ decided to assign a different 110m men's hurtle competitor in the olympics to a different owner, and the competitor/owner with the fastest time will get the higher draft pick.

Of course, my f'in guy gets disqualified, so I'll either get 10th, 11th or 12th pick (There were 3 DQs).

What other fun ways have you seen the draft order been determined?

1) Minnow Races

2) Poker Tourney

3) Paintball elimination

4) Hide and Seek championship

5) French Fry or Hot Dog eating contest

6) Dart Board Chaos

7) Have the sticker girl randomly assign names

8) Use a deck of cards to draw lots for draft position

9) Do an Auction !!

10) Do an AUCTION !!

Previously we just picked position out of a hat, but this year we're using those numbers and assigning them to a horse race. Should be fun, but I unfortunately I can't enjoy it as I live over 650 miles away from my league-mates. I told them to send me a video.

We draw names out of a hat, and when your name comes up, you pick your slot. So the first guy gets his name drawn, and he says spot #2. The 2nd guy coud say #1, at which point he makes his pick. Then the #2 must make their pick. Then back to the hat for another name. And so on until the 1st round is done.

9) Do an Auction !!

10) Do an AUCTION !!

I'd like to add to this..... my suggestion would be to DO AN AUCTION!!!!!

We force people to trade away keepers they don't want to trade away. First one to cry about it goes last.

I'd like to add to this..... my suggestion would be to DO AN AUCTION!!!!!

Don't do an auction. Fantasy football is suppose to somewhat resemble the NFL, I don't remember them auctioning players ever.

PS Don't do an auction.

Don't do an auction. Fantasy football is suppose to somewhat resemble the NFL, I don't remember them auctioning players ever.

PS Don't do an auction.

Really dude? There are millions of your typical redraft, dynasty, keeper leagues. Whats wrong with changing it up? Dont listen to this guy.

Ps does your league start offensive lineman? If it doesnt then it doesnt resemble the nfl.

Really dude? There are millions of your typical redraft, dynasty, keeper leagues. Whats wrong with changing it up? Dont listen to this guy.

Ps does your league start offensive lineman? If it doesnt then it doesnt resemble the nfl.

Exactly. Do the Packers get 12 pts if Rodgers throws a TD pass to Finley? No, but if you have both in your line up, you will. The auction process requires way more than simply crossing names off your list, until your turn to select a player comes around. First off, you can be involved in every player's bid process. More importantly, you can build YOUR team......not just a team of "who's available when it's my turn."

PS Don't do an auction.

I also dont remember nfl teams throwing all their players back into the pool and redrafting an entirely new team every year.

I also dont remember nfl teams throwing all their players back into the pool and redrafting an entirely new team every year.

Although that would be a primetime show that gets higher ratings than the olympics, I should watch that sh1t to the 55th round

This year we settled on a very creative and entertaining way to decide draft order.

Prior to the NASCAR Brickyard 400, we took the names of the drivers with the 14 best odds and put them in one hat, the names of the managers and put them in another hat, and drew drivers and managers until each manager had a driver. The order they finished the race relative to each other would be the draft order. Then we, 14 guys who had never watched a NASCAR race, intently followed our horses, praying they avoid a crash, to see where we would fall in the draft order.

We may never decide our draft order any other way.

Every single season, our champ from last season got to determine how the draft order for the current season's draft.

Basically, anything except for "hand picking the order" is fair game.

We've had a beer chugging tourney at the live draft, we've had a mario kart tourney, some dude actually went to a mall with 12 of our pictures and asked random women who they thought the ugliest guy was, and this year, the champ decided to assign a different 110m men's hurtle competitor in the olympics to a different owner, and the competitor/owner with the fastest time will get the higher draft pick.

Of course, my f'in guy gets disqualified, so I'll either get 10th, 11th or 12th pick (There were 3 DQs).

What other fun ways have you seen the draft order been determined?

We also considered using racers in the Olympics, but the Brickyard was earlier and we wanted to know our draft spots asap.

I label tennis balls with the numbers 1 thru 12, toss 'em all into the backyard, and have the dog retrieve them one at a time. Guy who finished last the year before is up first, second last gets the second ball, and so on. Everyone seems to enjoy it, particularly the dog, since he gets a treat everytime he brings a ball back, and the treats come from the meat drawer that day. It's also pretty interesting watching everyone become the dog whisperer beforehand, trying to "convince" Auddie to bring them the pick they want.

In my big money league we have a fun way of determining who will draft last. Well its fun for the league to watch the disappointment on the ownera face but not for the owner. We take all the teams and write them down on their own index card. We stuff each one into its own envelop. Then whoever is the first to randomly select an envelop chooses my team making me the perrenial last drafter. It is truely fun for everyone besides one person.

Every year when i complain about drafting last there are many people who respond by stating they prefer last over many of the other spots. That is weird because no one ever wants to trade slots with the last drafter. Guess non of the guys who like it are in my league.

I honestly dont mind it, just gets a little old drafting last in most leagues each year. At least i have experience with it.

Edjr is really fond of his league that does it via Australian D1ck wrestling.

First he didn't ask if it should be a auction or a redraft, so what was the point of bringing up a format he wasn't asking about. He was asking for draft order suggestions.

Second, NFL teams draft most of thier players, so how is that not resemble what NFL teams do? Resemble does not mean draft offensive linemen.

Ps Your point is assinine at best.

I am surrounded by idiots.

You very well may be. So fantasy football wasn't started so epople could run thier own team, make draft picks, pick up free agents, set lineup. You're right. Doesn't resemble the NFL at all.

Ps Resemble = to be like or similar to

Cack legnth? Oh wait, you are asian, prolly don't want to pick last...

12th is a pretty solid spot this season imo.