Sign in to follow this  
Alias Detective

Blacks still have it tough per USA Today

As opposed to the other middle aged, wealthy white dudes saying how readily blacks can escape poverty?

By your logic, only Peenie can comment in this thread. :wacko:

In high school I worked in a hotel setting up banquet rooms. Many of my coworkers were poor black dudes. When one of them found out I was pre-med, he asked why I would waste my time studying so much, when I could be dead tomorrow? Though I didn't agree with his logic, not thinking of the future permeates poor cultures of all races. Absent decent role models and watching drug dealers/criminals make $$$ quickly probably doesn't help matters either.

Sounds like an excuse to me. Maybe another 70 years of pandering will get it done.

Sounds like an excuse to me. Maybe another 70 years of pandering will get it done.

Yeah, there are a lot of excuses:

Single parent households

Bad schools

Bad role models

Glamorizing material wealth and "thug" culture

Drugs

Milking the system

Discrimination by prospective employers, police, etc.

All can be overcome, but it isn't easy, and dismissing the plight of AA ain't helping anything.

Single parent households

Bad schools

Bad role models

Drugs

Milking the system

All can be overcome, but it isn't easy..

Agree 100%

Except you believe its OK to dismiss their plight. :thumbsup:

No, no I don't think it's ok. I think it's time they kick in a little bit. This needs to be a 2 way street. I'd say there has been a lot of opportunity given and created for this special group

Single parent households

Bad schools

Bad role models

Drugs

Milking the system

All can be overcome, but it isn't easy, and dismissing the plight of AA ain't helping anything.

I would attribute a lot of bad schools being the result of bad parenting more than bad teachers/administration.
  • Like 1

Single parent households

Bad schools

Bad role models

Drugs

Milking the system

The bad schools are on the left. The bad role models and glamorization are on Hollywood and the music/ sports industry. Your turn.

Yall may laugh, but the black woman has the power to put a huge dent in poverty, single parent homes, etc. Id love to see a movement similar to #metoo started by black women who refused to be objectified any longer and refused to have babies with men who have no intention of sticking around.

• Like 1

Yall may laugh, but the black woman has the power to put a huge dent in poverty, single parent homes, etc. Id love to see a movement similar to #metoo started by black women who refused to be objectified any longer and refused to have babies with men who have no intention of sticking around.

Yah right da gobment gonna take care of shananay

The bad schools are on the left. The bad role models and glamorization are on Hollywood and the music/ sports industry. Your turn.

I don't GAF about the political ideology responsible for their problems. I'm just pointing out there are a lot to overcome, many more than most of us had to deal with growing up.

I don't GAF about the political ideology responsible for their problems. I'm just pointing out there are a lot to overcome, many more than most of us had to deal with growing up.

Speak for yourself.

Most of us didn’t deal with it because our grandparents or great grandparents dealt with it.

You guys are assuming that being poor and black means you have bad morals or you lack intelligence or motivation to work.

I'm here to tell you that it's simply lack of opportunity. It's really tiring to talk about this same thing over and over year after year.

You guys are assuming that being poor and black means you have bad morals or you lack intelligence or motivation to work.

I'm here to tell you that it's simply lack of opportunity. It's really tiring to talk about this same thing over and over year after year.

Lack of opportunity to succeed?

Agree and disagree

I grew up in the ghetto. I knew if I wanted a life I had to leave. Lucky I had a friend and his aunt who where willing to take me in. So in the middle of 10th grade I switched schools and moved in with him. .

Must have been tough moving from Philly to Brentwood. But on the bright side you did learn how to do the Carlton.

Opportunity isn't as readily available because employers don't want to be located in a crime-ridden shat-hole.

Black communities are crime-ridden shat-holes because of the breakup of two parent households, leading to lack of moral upbringing.

Two parent households are broken up so that single mom Shananay can be on the Government tit.

The Government whips out it's tit for Shananay to secure her Democrat vote.

Shananay votes Democrat, keeping the cycle going.

• Like 1

Okay I'll play.

America is a pretty messed up place for a lot of reasons. But for one reason in particular. Our over-reliance upon the almighty credit score that can make or break someone's life.

Nowhere else in the world do they have something quite like this. Millionsi actors and actresses come from other countries to the states and can't even rent an apartment or buy a car because they don't have the sacred credit history. We take it for granted, because that's what we grew up with, and because we lack any imagination to think of a world outside of our own simplistic little reality.

How does that translate into this conversation? There are a dozen little challenges towards moving out of the ghetto. If you don't have decent credit, you won't even get so far as the apartment application. If somehow you get through that, then there's the application for power. Then other utilities.

In today's housing market, a pretty standard figure to look at is about $1,500 for a single bedroom apartment. Most Americans don't even have $3,000 in their bank account. So there goes first and last, much less have a job that can come up with $1,500 for rent. And, we won't even get into the absolutely craptastic mass transit birth there is here in America in many places.

Point being, anybody who is simple-minded enough to say

Well hey dummy just move!

Just doesn't get it. And, I'm glad you've never had to think of or experience these things.

Then, adding kids. It really does take a village in many cases. At least in the ghetto, you have friends and family that can watch her kids while you're out working your second or third job.

This is me talking. And then you and I realize that is just hard to get out of certain lifestyles. Just because Will Smith did so in a movie doesn't make it so.

If you think you're sick of it.....

Not sure how you'd conclude that from my post. But I think it goes beyond opportunity.

I'm saying if you stay in an area where you are not going to be employed and your kids are gonna be killed you do in fact lack intelligence or motivation.

My brother taught school in an inner city. He told me that the students would show up unprepared, and show no interest in learning. I surmise that they didn't care about an education because they wanted to grow up and suckle from the teat of the taxpayer.

My brother taught school in an inner city. He told me that the students would show up unprepared, and show no interest in learning. I surmise that they didn't care about an education because they wanted to grow up and suckle from the teat of the taxpayer.

Meh, pretty much all students everywhere, left to their own devices, show up unprepared and show little interest.

I have 50 students at a time in my class. Maybe 15 of them seem to genuinely give a sh!t at any given time.

So thats largely a parent issue. You cant expext children or teenagers to see the big picture. They see the piece of ass three rows over, or getting outside to play.

• Like 1

I doubt they think much about entitlement programs at that age. They lack good role models and intact homes to guide them to study, work hard, etc. Meanwhile, they see drug dealers living quite well, at least until they get killed or imprisoned.

Okay I'll play.

America is a pretty messed up place for a lot of reasons. But for one reason in particular. Our over-reliance upon the almighty credit score that can make or break someone's life.

Nowhere else in the world do they have something quite like this. Millionsi actors and actresses come from other countries to the states and can't even rent an apartment or buy a car because they don't have the sacred credit history. We take it for granted, because that's what we grew up with, and because we lack any imagination to think of a world outside of our own simplistic little reality.

How does that translate into this conversation? There are a dozen little challenges towards moving out of the ghetto. If you don't have decent credit, you won't even get so far as the apartment application. If somehow you get through that, then there's the application for power. Then other utilities.

In today's housing market, a pretty standard figure to look at is about $1,500 for a single bedroom apartment. Most Americans don't even have $3,000 in their bank account. So there goes first and last, much less have a job that can come up with $1,500 for rent. And, we won't even get into the absolutely craptastic mass transit birth there is here in America in many places.

Point being, anybody who is simple-minded enough to say

Well hey dummy just move!

Just doesn't get it. And, I'm glad you've never had to think of or experience these things.

Then, adding kids. It really does take a village in many cases. At least in the ghetto, you have friends and family that can watch her kids while you're out working your second or third job.

This is me talking. And then you and I realize that is just ###### hard to get out of certain lifestyles. Just because Will Smith did so in a movie doesn't make it so.

is there a rule that one person needs their own apt? Hell in college we had a 1500 $ rent for a 2 bedroom house. We put 2 beds in each bedroom and our rent was 375. total overhead was 500$ a month, even working 3 days a week I was able to cover all my expenses go to college and have money in my pocket

When I was in college, I was on a sort of debate team. We went all over for tournaments. Usually sh!tholes. Columbia Missouri. Des Moines Iowa (pretty nice actually.)

Once we went to Milwaukee. It was St. Patricks day weekend. I asked the coach how we were getting around town as he didnt rent cars.

We will take the bus. He was kind of a naive religious type.

Oh yeah? Bus in Milwaukee on st Patricks day huh? Thatll be fun.

What a sh!tshow of sloppy degenerate drunks that was. The chicks were all horribly freaked out. Good times.

You guys are way off base.

You don't understand anything.

How much do you think rent cost in the poorest section of Newark for a 1 bedroom apartment?

In your answer include what you are paying for rent or mortgage.

Pick any year after 1996 to compare rental costs.

Let's say your scenario is true. The whole lot of black kids don't want to work and just want to collect a paycheck from the government. What government check would these kids collect? Include that with your answer.

How much do you think rent cost in the poorest section of Newark for a 1 bedroom apartment?

Let's say your scenario is true. The whole lot of black kids don't want to work and just want to collect a paycheck from the government. What government check would these kids collect? Include that with your answer.

You are missing the point. Newark is a shithole. You don't raise a family in Newark. Now what?

And disability is the check they really want....

:lol:

Baggy ass pants that show our underwear.. passes.

Ugh., I was hoping that would have gone out of fashion by now. Not being stateside, I can't tell without confirmation.

We talking before or after section 8?

Or free education which usually includes 2 meals. Or heavily subsidized public transportation. Not mentioning the last 3 years of free health care.

Or free education which usually includes 2 meals. Or heavily subsidized public transportation. Not mentioning the last 3 years of free health care.

And WIC. And SNAP. And Obamaphone.

Affirmative Action

And WIC. And SNAP. And Obamaphone.

They see the piece of ass three rows over.

I've always been curious how the that worked since they all look the same.

I'm not sure where she's going with this. If she's saying they live there because the rent is free, well yeah, because they're not working. If they want to get out, they need to get a job and pay rent. But what's the incentive to do that when you can play PS4 and hit the bong all day?

You can't get disability without first having a job.

Do you think there is some kid sitting in class somewhere dreaming about getting a job and all the riches he will receive after purposely disabling himself so he can receive a disability check?

No one in my working poor side of the family has ever received or wished to receive disability. NEXT

Affirmative Action....I've been working since I was 15 years old. That's a lot of jobs. Do you think any of them were affirmative action jobs?

What's an affirmative action job? I never received a card or a certificate that said I received a job through affirmative action. Do you think there is some sort of notification given to an employee that they are an Affirmative Action choice? We have no idea if we were placed in our position because of Affirmative Action, not in a job or in university. That is a silent decision. If I was affected by it, I wasn't told.

NEXT

No one has answered how much they think it costs to rent an apartment in the poorest sections of Newark, NJ.

You can't get disability without first having a job.

Teenagers don't know anything about disability or affirmative action, but you guys sure do.

Yes you can.

I once sued a guy when I was a lawyer who was on disability. Had been since he took a bad hit of acid and fried his brain when he was 16.

It is commonplace among the scumbag community to apply for disability for your children when they are still teenagers. You see, its usually approved on the third try. Might as well get those first two out of the way young.

And the kicker... once it gets approved, you get back pay all the way back to the first filing.

I know all the tricks maggots use to live quite nicely with no legitimate income. Chased them for years.

But were these black people you are talking about??

I never heard of that in my life.

We don't take acid.

Even the kid that fried his brain wasn't dreaming about the day or planning it to receive checks.

Just stop it.

But were these black people you are talking about??

I never heard of that in my life.

We don't take acid.

Oh no. Most of them were not. Some of course, but mostly trailer dwelling rednecks. The Memphis crowd was largely black. We had a few check cashing places down there as clients. Storage units too.

I was merely disputing your assertion that you have to have a job to get disability.

Gotta get those fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel, and herniated disk claims filed young.