Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm...beer

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Standing in line for popcorn now. I was at USC South Carolina all week for a training.. a few guys went. Wanted to wait for me and the family. Got home late last night.. here we go! :)

Standing in line for popcorn now. I was at USC South Carolina all week for a training.. a few guys went. Wanted ti wait for me and the family. Got home late last night.. here we go! :)

Nice. What all did you do? My sister has a restaurant close by Williams Brice stadium. If you would have told me I could have let them know and you couldve gotten some good wings and beer there. They also have what they call a tumbleweed thats like a chimichanga but you eat it with your hands and dip it in a sauce that youd like. Got a bit of spice but its good

I saw it this morning. It was just okay.

It sucked. Im as big a fan as there is and it sucked. Internet is up in arms about it too. Completely disappointing and sapped all the momentum from the excellent Force awakens.

And as good as The Force Awakens was, it was a literal 100% ripoff of A New Hope. So should this new one get some points for originality?

The reviews have been good. Surprised to see these Geek reactions

Critic reviews are good, fan reviews are bad. There are stories of nerds dressed as stormtroopers leaving the theater crying from disappointment.

Its not so much the quality of he moviemaking, like the acting, directing etc, those were fine. It was the plot points and storytelling that have people upset.

Think of it like the opposite of the first prequels where we loved the storytelling but the acting and everything else was dreadful.

Critic reviews are good, fan reviews are bad. There are stories of nerds dressed as stormtroopers leaving the theater crying from disappointment.

:lol:

The reviews have been good. Surprised to see these Geek reactions

Fake Reviews!

I'm sure George Soros is behind all of this!

• Like 1

It sucked. Im as big a fan as there is and it sucked. Internet is up in arms about it too. Completely disappointing and sapped all the momentum from the excellent Force awakens.

Well fock. I just bought tickets for the family to see this in 2 hours. Oh well, nothing like paying for taking a nap.

Spoiler free

My biggest complaint is I don't think this was a story that needed to be told. It didn't add anything to the story and frankly I'm willing to bet you could skip this movie entirely.

Well fock. I just bought tickets for the family to see this in 2 hours. Oh well, nothing like paying for taking a nap.

As a stand alone movie its not that bad. The action scenes are fine, the acting isnt bad, some cool stuff certainly happens. It just doesnt pay off many of the things we were looking forward to from the first one and it even throws cold water on any intrigue or mystery of the main angles. Theres a couple genuine cringe moments plot wise for sure. Someone who had never seen a Star Wars movie would enjoy it far more than the fans who are greatly dissapointed.

Fake Reviews!

I'm sure George Soros is behind all of this!

Not hard to see where RP was going with that ;)

Im a huge fan and didnt like this one, as a Star Wars movie Ill give it a four, if it was a regular movie, maybe a six.

I liked it. Maybe not as good as TFA, but more original. Like many movies, it could have been improved by cutting out 30-45 minutes. Don't pay extra for 3D.

When are they going to tell the story how liuke became a master. Theres a book and a video game. Move would be awesome

So.. as a fan it's hard to hate anything new in the genre. As a avid fan.. yeah.. it was meh.. some fun parts but the plot and story were weak. Knowing what I know I'd still see it again.

Definately not a knock your socks off for sure.

Very weak in many areas.

Nice. What all did you do? My sister has a restaurant close by Williams Brice stadium. If you would have told me I could have let them know and you couldve gotten some good wings and beer there. They also have what they call a tumbleweed thats like a chimichanga but you eat it with your hands and dip it in a sauce that youd like. Got a bit of spice but its good

Not much.. the 3 hour time difference really kicked my butt. Getting up at 3 am my time every day was brutal.

We went five points.. ate at Friendlies.. someplace named Victory? Ate at some Korean joint in what looked to be a little Korean part of town.

Lifted a couple times as the Strom Therman athetics building... thought there'd be more hot chicks to look at but found out school was already out on break.

Picturing this made me :lol:

Not much.. the 3 hour time difference really kicked my butt. Getting up at 3 am my time every day was brutal.

We went five points.. ate at Friendlies.. someplace named Victory? Ate at some Korean joint in what looked to be a little Korean part of town.

Lifted a couple times as the Strom Therman athetics building... thought there'd be more hot chicks to look at but found out school was already out on break.

5 points is usually pretty good. For drinking really. I know some people down there though at different places that bartend. Im familiar with the area but not too familiar since I dont live there.

Saw it today also. 7/10. Was hoping for better. More comedy than others.

Waaaaaaayyyy too long

Saber fights look like every other movie sword-fight weve ever seen

Fighter scenes were also familiar, save one segment where they used sound pretty creatively.

Overall, very melodramatic and a lot of unnecessary filler scenes.

I literally couldnt wait for it to be over.

2 stars only because my kids liked it. Otherwise, a 1.

Last years was a million times better.

Some extremely sloppy plot lines, extremely sloppy....

This movie really didn't do much for the overall story line, could have basically been a stand alone. That said, I liked the way they handled Luke and Kylo's story lines.

The actress that plays Rey does a great job.

Standing in line for popcorn now. I was at USC South Carolina all week for a training.. a few guys went. Wanted to wait for me and the family. Got home late last night.. here we go! :)

First you jinx Wentz, now its the star wars movie. What's next? :dunno:

5 points is usually pretty good. For drinking really. I know some people down there though at different places that bartend. Im familiar with the area but not too familiar since I dont live there.

5 points...what city are we talking about here?

And as good as The Force Awakens was, it was a literal 100% ripoff of A New Hope. So should this new one get some points for originality?

Force awakens was trash

Loved it. Looking forward to the last episode. I put my belief aside....plot continuities... fanboy adherence to the jedi universe and had a great time.

Plus the theater had recliners... was an easy 3 hours.

Little owl animals were funny.

Does the movie adequately show that a girl can do anything a boy can do?

Not only that, but every scene makes sure to have the right amount of diversity.

Not only that, but every scene makes sure to have the right amount of diversity.

Hey, the George Lucas once had that too! There was the greedy hook-nosed Jew character. The bumbling stupid black character...

Honestly, I don't know how the hell that ever got out of the first dailies.

I dont know what you naysayers are complaining about.

Played hooky and watched it this afternoon.

First half was kinda lame and probably couldve been shortened quite a bit.

But second half was awesome. And visually the whole thing was great.

Too many cameos, too many cute little jokes, too much going on at times. But like I said, last half was very good and made up for it IMO

I liked it. These fleet generals are terrible at tactics though.

the rebels just sacrificed all of there support ships when they ran out of fuel. When they could've immediately evacuated everyone to the cruiser and hyperdrived all the other ships into the first order fleet and decimated it.

My brother said it was his favorite of the Disney ones, and hes pretty hardcore about Star Wars. Has nerd tattoos and everything.

Im gonna catch it over the holiday.

There's only "diversity" on the rebel side. ALL the bad guys are white guys. Aside from Poe and Luke I think the only white dudes on the rebel side are the ones they show for like 10 seconds before they get blown up, or else extras in trenches.