Sign in to follow this  
listen2me 23

Dynasty Rookie Rankings?

Haven't seen much on this. I have something like this.

1. Barkley

2. Guice

3. Jones II

4. Michel

5. K. Johnson

6. Penny

7. Chubb

8. Freeman

9. Ridley

10. DJ Moore

11. Kirk

12. Sutton

13. Miller

14. Ballage

15. Gallup

16. Pettis

17. Moore

18. Hines

19. Washington

20. Tre Smith

• Like 2

I've consistently seen Michel ranked high but I just can't get on board with it.

Right now the Pats backfield also includes :

Rex Burkhead age 28

James White age 26

Jeremy Hill age 25

Mike Gillislee age 27

Brandon Bolden age 28

I refuse to get involved in that Belichick backfield clusterfrak. It is too difficult to discern what Belichick will do with his backfield from week to week and I can live without that nonsense.

I have the 4th pick in my dynasty league and I am targeting, in order, Guice, Jones, Penny (Barkley will obviously go first). In the 2nd round (non snake format) I am hoping for Sutton, Gallup or Gesicki. I will take Sutton in a heartbeat if he is still there.

Michel is a lot more talented than the rest of the pile of Pats RBs.

The last couple years both Blount and D.Lewis had long stretches where you could pencil them in as starters every week.

People shied away from Kamara due to Ingram & AP on the roster.

Dion Lewis always had more talent than those other guys too. Still didn't stop Belichick from using all of those other guys.

He picked all those guys up out of the gutter.

He spent a 1st on Michel. I understand the concerns but real odd to use a 1st on a RB and plan to thrown him in a crowded rotation.

He spent a 1st on Michel. I understand the concerns but real odd to use a 1st on a RB and plan to thrown him in a crowded rotation.

He used a 1st last year on Cooks and threw him in a crowded situation... then traded him the next year. To say he won't do that with Michel is to ignore the past.

I'm not advocating avoiding Michel, but I wouldn't draft him as my RB1 or RB2. I would take him as my RB3, but would prefer not to. I'd have no problem taking him as my RB4. Right now, ADP has Michel as RB23. A little high for my tastes, so I wouldn't take him. If he falls a round... maybe. Two? Yes.

• Like 1

I was just making a fairly thorough post about the NE RB situation and then deleted it before finishing because I thought 'Why am I even attempting to determine what Belichick is going to do with his RBs?' It is an exercise in futility. It is about as fruitful as banging my head against the wall.

And that just brings me to my original point. I will not spend a top 5 dynasty pick on a Belichick RB. It is bad enough having to deal with Belichick's RB uncertainty for 1 year, let alone for multiple years. I am not tying myself to that.

Maybe I am completely wrong :dunno: . It sure as hell won't be the first or last time. Maybe Belichick will change his approach now and start to feed a workhorse back. But there is just too strong of a chance that Belichick will drive fantasy owners crazy on a weekly basis. I am completely content to let someone else find out the hard way. I pick 4th, maybe Michel won't even be there anyway.

Wasn't Laurence Maroney a first round pick?