Sign in to follow this  
porkbutt

legalizing weed...we sure?

The drug war has been arguable the biggest waste of $$$ for as long as can remember. It hasn't amounted to anything. Legalize all drugs is what I say. That's extra tax revenue and no more wasted resources trying to fight what will always be a losing battle. In some kind of weird way, I bet legalizing opioids is a better answer than anything else that's been offered.

While we're at it. Legalize prostitution and gambling.....all gambling.

Legalizing everything would be absolute chaos. Big difference between a crackhead and a guy who has a beer or smokes a joint every now and then.

Legalizing everything would be absolute chaos. Big difference between a crackhead and a guy who has a beer or smokes a joint every now and then.

It is not about legalization but decriminalizing drug use.

Portugal did it years ago so we have a standard.

-

In 2001, the Portuguese government did something that the United States would find entirely alien. After many years of waging a fierce war on drugs, it decided to flip its strategy entirely: It decriminalized them all.

If someone is found in the possession of less than a 10-day supply of anything from marijuana to heroin, he or she is sent to a three-person Commission for the Dissuasion of Drug Addiction, typically made up of a lawyer, a doctor and a social worker. The commission recommends treatment or a minor fine; otherwise, the person is sent off without any penalty. A vast majority of the time, there is no penalty.

Fourteen years after decriminalization, Portugal has not been run into the ground by a nation of drug addicts. In fact, by many measures, it's doing far better than it was before.

https://mic.com/articles/110344/14-years-after-portugal-decriminalized-all-drugs-here-s-what-s-happening#.BTavYUq8i

Pro but really on the fence. It does bring a dirty, stinky, untrustworthy element around.

Yeah, but some of the posts here are funny.

Now, how do you feel about pot?

Like I said didnt know if it was true. It was some random article I read a few years back. Did just do some research though and marijuana use in teens is at an all time low in a 20 year period.

For the entire country, or CO specifically?

The drug war has been arguable the biggest waste of $$$ for as long as can remember. It hasn't amounted to anything. Legalize all drugs is what I say. That's extra tax revenue and no more wasted resources trying to fight what will always be a losing battle. In some kind of weird way, I bet legalizing opioids is a better answer than anything else that's been offered.

While we're at it. Legalize prostitution and gambling.....all gambling.

Yep. Decriminalize but regulate it all, and use the proceeds to treat addiction rather than putting people in jail.

I can believe use is down, but not so much that CO teens smoke the least pot.

says it went from highest to 7th highest since legalization

Yep. Decriminalize but regulate it all, and use the proceeds to treat addiction rather than putting people in jail.

Including Meth and Heroin?

decriminalizing use is not the same thing as making it legal.

I think we have enough data to show locking people up in jail for being drug users is counterproductive

Ive waffled a bit on hard drugs, but think the same strategy would work.

Sure. We could have funny commercials with dogs and chicks in bikinis to sell it too. What a great country we would have if only we could all get our hands on some Meth.

What age could people legally use Meth? Crack?

18. However, employers should still have the right to drug test prospective new hires. If employers don't want to have drug users working for them who can blame them. Actually, I wouldn't mind if employers did more random drug tests on some of their more established employees. I'd gladly pee in a bottle once or twice a year.

Gambling and prostitution yes, no problems with that. But legal heroin and crack, no that’s ridiculous.

Agree that its ridiculous but there's nothing out there stopping these druggies from getting whatever they need so might as well let them.

So 21 for a six pack but 18 for meth. Got it.

I think most of us can agree the drinking age should be 18. 21 sure the heck ain't slowing underage drinking one bit. Throw in the fact an 18 yr old can die for his country but......you know rest.

As a former stoner and soon to be re-stoner once legal in my state, MJ gives smart people more ideas. However, you may not remember them later on.

:doublethumbsup: I remember senior year of high school going to Calculus class high a couple of times. I'd be formulating my own math theories while the teacher was teaching, writing down my own great ideas in my notebook. The next day I'd look at the random crap I wrote in my notebook like X = 2, x=y, x2 = x3 and think "what the fock was that? I'm an idiot". The day before, I thought I was Isaac focking Newton.

• Like 1

MJ gives smart people more ideas. However, you may not remember them later on.

I know quite a few very successful business owners that get high.

As for ideas,I've always said if you ever come across a creative tasty food dish you can probably thank a stoner.

BUT are we ready for the fact that the ever growing number of retarded people i encounter on a daily basis will increase ten fold and actually become more idiotic? or does it make people smarter too? i don't think we can withstand making our population any more retarded. :(

Did you ever stop to think people might think this of you? Did you ever stop and think, hey I'm really not better and smarter than everyone else? Because you really should. That mentality is pretty much the textbook definition of doosh. :thumbsdown:

The question shouldnt be, should we legalize weed.

The question should be, by what right does the government criminalize it?

All these years, the pro weed lobby has tried to pick up the burden of proof. To show why it should be legal.

That shoe has been on the wrong foot. To forbid ANYTHING, the government should have to show a compelling reason why it is SO harmful to society that it should be outlawed.

Heroin? Meth? Crack? Thats easy.

Weed? Cant be done. They lied in things like Reefer Madness and tried to paint such a case, but its bullsh!t and everyone knows it.

You may not like weed. You may not like the people to smoke it. But in my mind, they have every right to do so, and the fact that we still arrest, incarcerate, and fine people for it is the real crime.

• Like 1

Alcohol kills more people than meth.

Of course it does. Deer are responsible for more American deaths than rattlesnakes. Because the former is much more common. Doesnt change the fact that the latter is the more dangerous animal.

Did you ever stop to think people might think this of you? Did you ever stop and think, hey I'm really not better and smarter than everyone else? Because you really should. That mentality is pretty much the textbook definition of doosh. :thumbsdown:

nope. it doesn't take me 5 minutes to make a right turn while driving. i don't swerve lanes texting and putting makeup on. i don't talk on my cell and hold up entire lines at the convenience store because im not paying attention. i mind my business. i don't have 3 kids with 3 different chicks. i don't have face tattoos and can't get a job. i work my ass off. i don't yell and curse in front of kids in public. this is all what i just just seen in the last 24 hours. the population and morality of it are getting considerably worse. my opinion. i don't think legalizing pot will help. i think these idiots will only get dumber. :wave:

The question shouldnt be, should we legalize weed.

The question should be, by what right does the government criminalize it?

All these years, the pro weed lobby has tried to pick up the burden of proof. To show why it should be legal.

That shoe has been on the wrong foot. To forbid ANYTHING, the government should have to show a compelling reason why it is SO harmful to society that it should be outlawed.

Heroin? Meth? Crack? Thats easy.

Weed? Cant be done. They lied in things like Reefer Madness and tried to paint such a case, but its bullsh!t and everyone knows it.

You may not like weed. You may not like the people to smoke it. But in my mind, they have every right to do so, and the fact that we still arrest, incarcerate, and fine people for it is the real crime.

exactly

nope. it doesn't take me 5 minutes to make a right turn while driving. i don't swerve lanes texting and putting makeup on. i don't talk on my cell and hold up entire lines at the convenience store because im not paying attention. i mind my business. i don't have 3 kids with 3 different chicks. i don't have face tattoos and can't get a job. i work my ass off. i don't yell and curse in front of kids in public. this is all what i just just seen in the last 24 hours. the population and morality of it are getting considerably worse. my opinion. i don't think legalizing pot will help. i think these idiots will only get dumber. :wave:

You sound silly man. Someone watched a little to much Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

If you think Meth and heroin should be legal you're a complete fockin moron

• Like 1

If it was legalized (I think we all realize it'll never happen) do you think usage would increase?

You post should read "If you use Meth and/or heroin you're a complete fvkking moron. hth

If it was legalized (I think we all realize it'll never happen) do you think usage would increase?

You post should read "If you use Meth and/or heroin you're a complete fvkking moron. hth

Yes I do. I think it would go through the roof. Especially meth and cocaine. People get hopped up on "energy" drinks like crazy now. Accept that people are fools and require some boundaries and you'll be a lot better off. See the big problem with the drugs is they are fun for a little while.

How are there multiple people here supporting this? Feels like the twilight zone of stupidity. Like people have literally lost their minds.

Yes I do. I think it would go through the roof. Especially meth and cocaine. People get hopped up on "energy" drinks like crazy now. Accept that people are fools and require some boundaries and you'll be a lot better off. See the big problem with the drugs is they are fun for a little while.

Fair enough, decent post. It seems despite all these boundaries the problem just keeps getting worse. I'm tired of tax dollars being wasted on this losing battle which is why I wouldn't be opposed to outright legalization.....which again....will never happen.

How are there multiple people here supporting this? Feels like the twilight zone of stupidity. Like people have literally lost their minds.

What is your solution then?

I have no solution. But that doesn’t mean having heroin needles and crack available at the mini mart is the solution!

Legalize shrooms and weed.

Decriminalizate lsd and Molly.

:bandana:

High level dealers go away for a long, long time, mid level for less

if they flip, treatment for addicts. And it would be great if idiots like our former president stop saying wholesale trafficking in narcotics is a non violent crime. And legalize weed, but you can't smoke it in public.