Sign in to follow this  
lbjordan

Advanced yardage scoring (Pa, Ru, Rec)

My league has a scoring system that rewards players based on yardage.

0 - 300 PaYds = .04 points for every 1 PaYd
301+ PaYds = .08 points for every 1 PaYd
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 300+ PaYd

In the DraftBuddy on the scoring tab, the 'FF Pts / Unit' for the yardage is ok. Then there is the line for '300 Passing Yard Game' which would account for my 5pt bonus.

But what is the best way to account for the extra value yards beyond 300 PaYds?

We also have similar points for Rushing and Receiving.

0 - 100 ReYds = .1 points for every 1 ReYd
101+ ReYds = .2 points for every 1 ReYd
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 200+ ReYd

Good question. Not an easy one, but good question. The issue as you can probably tell is how do we determine how many yards a QB throws over 300 yards, only in games he threw for 300? For this we would need weekly projections, which we don't have, as opposed to season total projections.

Here is one thought: How many yards do you think a QB averages in games he throws for 300+? I'm thinking something like 330. Say we agree on the 330, or 30 above 300. What we could do to account for this is:

1. Go to the QB tab and scroll across to the custom fields, Custom 1, and for the first player in the list input a simple formula

=AM5*30

AM5 is the 300+ yard games projection. This calculates our estimate of yards thrown above 300 (30 per game).

2. Go to the custom scoring tab, and for QB scoring, Custom 1, put 0.04 (the difference between 0.08 and 0.04) under FF Pts heading, 1 under Per Unit heading and do not change anything under the Ranking heading.

3. Hit Compile Cheatsheets to see the impact of this change on the cheatsheets.

Repeat same for rushing and receiving yards. When over 100 rush/receive yards, probably very similar, 130 is probably a good estimate.

Thoughts?