Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

***The Official Seattle Seahawks IN-Season Thread 2014-15***

The last 8 opponents that faced Seattle lost the following game. The theory is that teams don't have enough time to recover from such a physical matchup.

Niners are playing the Chargers this week.

The following opponent, the Cardinals finish the season vs Niners.

And down goes San Francisco. Last nine opponents have now lost the very next game.

Arizona vs Niners next week, Cardinals going down to defeat.

With Detroit and Green Bay both winning at 1:00 EST, unless the Detroit vs Green Bay game ends in a tie next week, Seattle controls their destiny for the #1 seed if they win out. Dallas no longer matters.

Couldn't ask for more than that.

Dallas beating Indy clinches a playoff spot for Seattle. The Arizona game is for positioning

Typically, the pre snap penalties are called in one direction. You see games where an opponents lineman clearly commit a false start, the entire Seahawks defense points at him and beg the official to call the obvious penalty, and the flag stays firmly tucked in the refs pocket. Pete Carroll is a mild mannered man, who has gone apoplectic on the sidelines all season long screaming at the refs. Carroll has brought up the penalty disparity a number of times in press conferences. The defensive players make remarks about how they have to beat the refs in every game too. As far as I know, nobody has been fined yet for speaking out. Maybe because it's true.

:dunno:

Or your squad is undisciplined. Lead the league in false starts, those aren't made up calls.

Or your squad is undisciplined. Lead the league in false starts, those aren't made up calls.

At half time, 10 penalties on Seattle, 1 penalty on Arizona. To be fair, an official can call a penalty on pretty much every snap in an NFL game. And some of the flags on Seattle are warranted. Some are not (36 yard phantom pass interference). But when Arizona is jumping off sides on defense, the yellow will not hit the ground. I've counted 5 offsides so far.

I'm just looking for consistency. I'd even accept a 2:1 ratio at this point. 10 penalties to 1. Seriously. It just cannot be justified.

I'm just looking for consistency.

Your players consistently cheat. :dunno:

Seattle, oh Seattle, please let that guy go. Lynch makes it all work fellas, don't ever get it twisted.

At half time, 10 penalties on Seattle, 1 penalty on Arizona. To be fair, an official can call a penalty on pretty much every snap in an NFL game. And some of the flags on Seattle are warranted. Some are not (36 yard phantom pass interference). But when Arizona is jumping off sides on defense, the yellow will not hit the ground. I've counted 5 offsides so far.

I'm just looking for consistency. I'd even accept a 2:1 ratio at this point. 10 penalties to 1. Seriously. It just cannot be justified.

I kept wondering if the refs were the same crew that worked game 7 of the 1993 Suns vs Sonics Western Conference finals...

Beast Quake 2.0

The Lynch That Stole Christmas.

What an epic beatdown.

Picking the side: 11-2

Against the spread: 12-1

Seattle Seahawks (-8.5) at Arizona Cardinals

Let’s look at some numbers:

Seattle Defense is ranked #1 vs Pass, Arizona is ranked #28

Seattle Defense is ranked #5 vs rush, Arizona is ranked #6

Seattle Defense gives up 17.3 pts per game, Arizona gives up 17.4 points per game

Seattle Defense gives up 272.4 yards per game, Arizona gives up 350 yards per game

Seattle Offense is #1 rushing the ball, Arizona is #27 rushing the ball

Seattle Offense is #31 passing the ball, Arizona is #15 passing the ball

Seattle has outgained 12 of its 14 opponents in total yards.

Arizona has been outgained in each of its last 4 games in total yards

Arizona has been outplayed on a yards per play basis in each of the last 4 games:

4.2 ypp to 5.3 vs Seattle

6.6 ypp to 6.8 to Atlanta

5.7 ypp vs 6.5 to Kansas City

4.3 ypp vs 4.6 to St Louis

To start with, I said recently that of the final three games to finish the season, Seattle would have the easiest time with Arizona, which sounds a bit insane. It’s not that Arizona can’t possibly win this game. The unexpected happens. Just look at North Korea mushroom stamping the United States and wiping it’s d!ck on America’s drapes. Stuff happens. Arizona has been a bit fortunate this year and the regression to the mean has been in effect the past month or so, where their record is more indicative of their overall statistics. Just look at the points given up vs. yardage allowed comparison. They give up 28% more yardage per game than Seattle, but give up the same points. For one, the red zone success rate has to be taken into account as early in the year Seattle has leaky in giving up TDs. But Arizona this season had a habit of forcing many key turnovers in ending opponent’s drives, some of which is random good luck and some due to their above average defensive play. But it’s not really a “great defense”, as we see by their #28 ranked pass defense. Seattle is the better defensive team across the board. The question remains if Seattle can pass effectively to beat Arizona, the biggest area ripe for exploitation. Russell Wilson has been throwing more quick and decisive throws the past couple of weeks, more slants in particular, which will effectively counteract the pressure Arizona will bring. Arizona did a nice job in bottling up Wilson in the first meeting on the read option, so Wilson will have to throw to move the ball. But no team can really shut down Wilson’s scrambling, so there will be broken plays and some long completions, as in every game. Lynch has been facing a series of top notch rush defenses the past month, so he hasn’t had really stellar statistical games. But look for more catches out of the backfield to get him in space. Seattle will move the ball somewhat. Actually, they are much better in moving the ball than one would realize because they constantly have drives derailed by penalties. They lead the league in penalty yard disparity by a historically wide gap. Last week, when Seattle had 7 penalties to San Fran’s 8, it was the first time since Week One that Seattle did not have more penalties called on them than their opponent. When Arizona has the ball, well, that is the biggest mismatch in the game. Even before losing Stanton. Yeah, Stanton had a limited practice session yesterday, but he’s not playing. I watched Ryan Lindley do his thing for San Diego St and thought he was a pretty solid college QB. He’s just going to be overmatched in this game completely. Last week, the best thing Kaepernick did vs Seattle’s defense was run for his life and gain some yardage, which Lindley cannot do. To offset Lindley’s reletaive inexperience will be the feeble and completely ineffective Arizona running game. If Arizona does not force a turnover or make some special teams play, I will predict that the Cardinals will not cross midfield on offense. The worst thing Arizona call do is go downfield with the ball, where INTs will happen. Expect Arizona to run, run, short pass, punt a lot. Conservative as fock. Bruce Arians is hyping this game up in the lockerroom, but I question this strategy. He got them fired up to play in Seattle a few weeks ago, and how did that work out? The Cardinals are putting a lot of pressure on themselves to win this game. But that can be counterintuitive, as the Cardinals might run onto the field with so much self pressure, they will be running around with puckered up buttholes as if they were smuggling potato chips up their asses and did not want to break a single chip. Meanwhile, the Seahawks are treating this game like any other game. Seattle is now 12-1 straight up in prime time games under Peter Carroll. They love the bright lights. The Seahawks tend to play up for big games, and down for opponents of lower stock. Expect a boring, hard hitting game as Seattle slowly pulls away just enough to win.

Seattle Seahawks 17

Arizona Cardinals 0

Picking the side: 12-2

Against the spread: 13-1

I didn't expect 600 yards of total offense by Seattle, nor the career best totals coming from Russell Wilson in gaining yards. Luke Willson forgot how to drop the ball. The entire RB core played well. The defense kept their torrid streak going of giving up an average of less than 7 points per game over the past 5 games. Arizona's defense was exposed as ordinary. I fear that we might have broken Hauschka with his 3 misses tonight. Hell, it would have been more ugly of a final score if he made any of his 3 misses.

Edit: does anybody else realize how ridiculous it is to be 13-1 vs the spread? :banana:

SEA penalties - and the lack of SEA opponent penalties - are a function of SEA's physical style. Just like anything, it creates an opposite repercussion, and the officials are no more immune to such repercussion than any other normal human being would be.

Said more simply: the same thing that causes so many SEA penalties is the exact same dynamic that squashes the tendency for NFL officials to call penalties on SEA opponents.

After their 15th game of the season, Seattle is still #1 overall in penalties (128). Seattle's opponents rank 32nd in the league (64). It is a 2-to-1 ratio.

For sh*ts and giggles, let's play along with this pop-psychology theory. Other teams with a lot of penalties should also see huge gaps right? I mean, if all that hard hitting and clutching and grabbing is creating "opposite repercussions". Any team with a lot of penalties should also see their opponents have very few penalties.

Buffalo is #2 overall in penalties (119). Buffalo's opponents? They rank 16th in penalties (99). Middle of the pack.

St. Louis is #3 overall in penalties (117). St. Louis' opponents? They rank 10th in penalties (103).

New England is #4 overall in penalties (115). The Pats' opponents? They rank 28th in penalties (87).

Tampa is #5 overall in penalties (114). The Bucs' opponents? They rank 8th in penalties (104).

I don't have the energy nor the inclination to do this for every team, but it seems to me that the data do not support this theory of yours. The only serious outlier here is Seattle. That's it. All you are left with is to argue that Seattle's gap over Buffalo (9 penalties over 15 games) is so big that it skews the refs even more. Which, in statistics, is known as 'nonsense'.

Sheattle sucks. Give me a break. What a crap franchise. Hope the cards pound them. If I have to keep seeing all these rookie nfl fans posing in their shiny jerseys im gonna have to puke on them. Hags are at their best when they suck. Noone gives 2 craps about them and noone should have to.

IT'S AN EXCITING TIME TO BE A NINERS FAN!!!! Reading that post pretty much made my day. Actually I obviously have to go with the Cardinals beatdown and the Beastquake part 2 run. But really, I don't understand why there is so much hatred from SF on this thread. I guess the veteran/respected SF posters are pretty reasonable and I am just singling out this one moron. But you don't see as much of the opposite on Niner threads (FlaHawker last year and previous years notwithstanding).

Arizona has been performing miracles all year getting wins minus many key players due to injuries and this was bound to happen eventually. Both teams at full strength would be a toss up every time.

I didn't expect 600 yards of total offense by Seattle, nor the career best totals coming from Russell Wilson in gaining yards. Luke Willson forgot how to drop the ball. The entire RB core played well. The defense kept their torrid streak going of giving up an average of less than 7 points per game over the past 5 games. Arizona's defense was exposed as ordinary. I fear that we might have broken Hauschka with his 3 misses tonight. Hell, it would have been more ugly of a final score if he made any of his 3 misses.

Edit: does anybody else realize how ridiculous it is to be 13-1 vs the spread? :banana:

Philly - 13-1 vs spread is amazing. I prefer not to bet on the Hawks as I have enough invested on those games as it is. But maybe I should switch that up and take your picks :)

13-1 is pretty crazy. Kudos.

Saying AZs defense exposed as ordinary is stupid. A guy who shouldn't be in the league (and wasn't til recently) and two RB of similar status could mount zero offense vs a very, very good defense. The Az defense spent way too much time on the field and it was still 14-6 in the 4th quarter. Seattle is a better team, way better with Lindley at QB, but it's just a dumb homer statement. Expect better.

13-1 is pretty crazy. Kudos.

Saying AZs defense exposed as ordinary is stupid. A guy who shouldn't be in the league (and wasn't til recently) and two RB of similar status could mount zero offense vs a very, very good defense. The Az defense spent way too much time on the field and it was still 14-6 in the 4th quarter. Seattle is a better team, way better with Lindley at QB, but it's just a dumb homer statement. Expect better.

Seattle was piling up total yards the entire game, had over 100 yards in the first quarter, but the penalties and missed FGs were keeping the score misleadingly close.

#28 vs the pass, giving up an average of 350 yards per game. These are season long stats, which are going to be worse after last night's game. I stand by my "ordinary" statement. I thought they were above average going into the game. They live and die by turnover differential, and Seattle just doesn't turn the ball over.

Next season, if they are fully healthy, my conclusion is likely to be different.

Seattle was piling up total yards the entire game, had over 100 yards in the first quarter, but the penalties and missed FGs were keeping the score misleadingly close.

#28 vs the pass, giving up an average of 350 yards per game. These are season long stats, which are going to be worse after last night's game. I stand by my "ordinary" statement. I thought they were above average going into the game. They live and die by turnover differential, and Seattle just doesn't turn the ball over.

Next season, if they are fully healthy, my conclusion is likely to be different.

They have won 11 games despite, at their best, having Carson Palmer at QB. THeir defense is above average.

How come season long stats are the defining mark when it comes to AZ defense, but not Seattle's penchant for penalties?

They have won 11 games despite, at their best, having Carson Palmer at QB. THeir defense is above average.

How come season long stats are the defining mark when it comes to AZ defense, but not Seattle's penchant for penalties?

The Arizona defense has had a knack of making key plays at key moments, especially in 4th quarters in games this year. Statistically, they are not as impressive as their reputation. I'll leave it at that.

As far as the penalty situation, even the announcers were befuddled by the amount of penalties called on Seattle vs Arizona last night. It was comical. Sure, Seattle committed some of those penalties. And some of them they didn't. But I'd be crazy to think Arizona only committed one penalty last night. One Arizona penalty vs Eleven for Seattle. I'm watching Arizona linemen jumping off sides. I'm watching Arizona offensive linemen holding pass rushers. No flags.

If Seattle had 11 penalties and Arizona had 6, I'd live with it. But 11 against 1? Something is very wrong here. The Seahawk fans have been watching this unfold game after game after game this season. Different opponents. Same anomaly. It's odd. I'm not even necessarily claiming an NFL conspiracy. It's bizarre.

The Arizona defense has had a knack of making key plays at key moments, especially in 4th quarters in games this year. Statistically, they are not as impressive as their reputation. I'll leave it at that.

As far as the penalty situation, even the announcers were befuddled by the amount of penalties called on Seattle vs Arizona last night. It was comical. Sure, Seattle committed some of those penalties. And some of them they didn't. But I'd be crazy to think Arizona only committed one penalty last night. One Arizona penalty vs Eleven for Seattle. I'm watching Arizona linemen jumping off sides. I'm watching Arizona offensive linemen holding pass rushers. No flags.

If Seattle had 11 penalties and Arizona had 6, I'd live with it. But 11 against 1? Something is very wrong here. The Seahawk fans have been watching this unfold game after game after game this season. Different opponents. Same anomaly. It's odd. I'm not even necessarily claiming an NFL conspiracy. It's bizarre.

That's amazing. You mean to tell me that Seahawks fans have been convinced all year that their team gets the short shrift on calls? Why, that's unfathomable! Never heard of any such thing from the fans of a team. Mind blown.

There are 8 teams within a penalty per game of Seattle's total and they have 20 more pre-snap penalties than anyone else.

That's amazing. You mean to tell me that Seahawks fans have been convinced all year that their team gets the short shrift on calls? Why, that's unfathomable! Never heard of any such thing from the fans of a team. Mind blown.

There are 8 teams within a penalty per game of Seattle's total and they have 20 more pre-snap penalties than anyone else.

The penalty disparity, calls on Seattle and lack of calls on their opponents, is the worst margin in the past 60 years in professional football. I'd say that is significant.

It's not an opinion. It's not something imaginary. We are dealing with data.

Arizona Cardinals were exposed as the frauds they are.

The penalty disparity, calls on Seattle and lack of calls on their opponents, is the worst margin in the past 60 years in professional football. I'd say that is significant.

Sure, just as you cite the data to support your opinion of the AZ defense. In this case, the data supports that the Seahawks commit a lot of penalties. You can't ignore the huge number of pre-snap fouls they've committed.

Well - the Hawks are back and in full form. Looking good to repeat - they are the favorite in my book.

Sure, just as you cite the data to support your opinion of the AZ defense. In this case, the data supports that the Seahawks commit a lot of penalties. You can't ignore the huge number of pre-snap fouls they've committed.

You're ignoring the key aspect. Why won't officiating crews throw flags and call penalties on Seahawk opponents?

After their 15th game of the season, Seattle is still #1 overall in penalties (128). Seattle's opponents rank 32nd in the league (64). It is a 2-to-1 ratio.

For sh*ts and giggles, let's play along with this pop-psychology theory. Other teams with a lot of penalties should also see huge gaps right? I mean, if all that hard hitting and clutching and grabbing is creating "opposite repercussions". Any team with a lot of penalties should also see their opponents have very few penalties.

Buffalo is #2 overall in penalties (119). Buffalo's opponents? They rank 16th in penalties (99). Middle of the pack.

St. Louis is #3 overall in penalties (117). St. Louis' opponents? They rank 10th in penalties (103).

New England is #4 overall in penalties (115). The Pats' opponents? They rank 28th in penalties (87).

Tampa is #5 overall in penalties (114). The Bucs' opponents? They rank 8th in penalties (104).

I don't have the energy nor the inclination to do this for every team, but it seems to me that the data do not support this theory of yours. The only serious outlier here is Seattle. That's it. All you are left with is to argue that Seattle's gap over Buffalo (9 penalties over 15 games) is so big that it skews the refs even more. Which, in statistics, is known as 'nonsense'.

I don't think you've made your case at all; I think you just helped me make mine. Only one of the teams that you mention occupy anywhere near the upper atmosphere that Seattle does, and that is NE (and you ignored the #1 to #28 correlation there because to acknowledge it doesn't help you :lol:).

This is about league stature and league reputation, and in that regard, NE and SEA occupy roughly the same plot of land.

So thanks for helping me refine what I'm saying. :wave:

Penalties? Who cares. The Hawks lead the league last year too.

Yes...the data shows Seattle commits a lot of penalties.

They do.

You're ignoring the key aspect. Why won't officiating crews throw flags and call penalties on Seahawk opponents?

They do. Their opponents are not committing as many infractions as the Seahawks are.

HTH

And you're ignoring the fact that if the Seahawks were more disciplined pre-snap, the penalty disparity would vanish. Those aren't hard calls to make.

They do. Their opponents are not committing as many infractions as the Seahawks are.

HTH

Of course they are. The Seahawk opponents are committing plenty of gaffes, every game. The officials just won't penalize them.

Of course they are. The Seahawk opponents are committing plenty of gaffes, every game. The officials just won't penalize them.

You're trying to talk common sense to a dolt. Don't waste your time.

Yeah...um...there is a reason they have been one of the most penalized teams over the last several years.

There is no conspiracy to not call penalties on their opponents...and Seattle's DBs have gotten away with more physical play over the past few years too.

Quit crying...

You're trying to talk common sense to a dolt. Don't waste your time.

Thanks Hawker...glad you could add little more than an insult...typical for you.

I don't think you've made your case at all; I think you just helped me make mine. Only one of the teams that you mention occupy anywhere near the upper atmosphere that Seattle does, and that is NE (and you ignored the #1 to #28 correlation there because to acknowledge it doesn't help you :lol:).

This is about league stature and league reputation, and in that regard, NE and SEA occupy roughly the same plot of land.

So thanks for helping me refine what I'm saying. :wave:

Hardly. If I were really ignoring the #28 ranking of the Pats' opponents, I just wouldn't have included it in the list at all. Your logic is sloppy and you're cherry picking whatever data is at hand that justifies the conclusion you want.

First this was apparently about the physical nature of the Hawks and how that caused 'opposite repercussions'. When that didn't work, now it's about league stature and reputation, whatever that means. Feel free to keep trolling, but you can't observe the ratio of Hawks' penalties vs. Hawks' opponents' penalties (the highest ratio in the league in 71 years) and honestly pretend this is legitimate.

Fortunately for this long-time Hawks fan, my team seems to be peaking anyway despite the impact of the referees. Maybe this is referee karma for the Fail Mary, I don't know.

The Rams have 112 yards of offense, lead 21-6 at the half, and I think that to deal with my utter disgust and intense anger, I'm going to get drunker.

Later.

Ah, good times...good times.

St Louis Cardinals at Seattle Seahawks (-12)

Some numbers:

Seattle is 4-7-1 ATS as a double dig favorite the last 3 seasons

Seattle is #9 overall in total offense, St Louis is #25

Seattle is #1 in yards per rush at 5.4 and in overall rushing, St Louis is #14 at 4.2 and #19 in total rushing

Seattle is #29 in passing but has a 7.6 yards per play ration, St Louis is #24 in passing but has a 7.2 ypp

Seattle is #1 in total defense, St Louis is #18

Seattle is #3 in rushing defense, St Louis is #19 in rushing defense

Seattle allows 3.5 yards per rush, St Louis allows 4.2 ypr

Seattle allows 6.3 yards per passing play, St Louis allows 7.5 yppp

Seattle is #1 passing defense, St Louis is #19 vs the pass.

There is no area of the ball where St Louis is better than Seattle, on offense or on defense, no matter who has the ball. So it's not surprising that when you look back at stats of the first meeting, Seattle outgained St Louis 463 to 274 in yardage, led St Louis 6.8 vs 5.8 on a yards per play basis. But Seattle lost. Lost? How? St Louis special teams: Long kickoff return set up a short TD drive, a misdirection fake punt with a dubious fair catch shenanigans ended with a return for TD, and when Seattle was mounting their big comeback, forcing a 4th down for St Louis with 3 minutes to go, Fisher ran a fake punt from deep in his own territory to win the game. As Fisher defended the call after the game, "We knew we could not stop Russell Wilson". So I don't want to hear nonsense about how good the Rams defense is, or the Rams in general. St Louis has been outgained in 8 of their last 11 games. The games they won the stats: vs Oakland, vs Washington, and the Arizona game where Drew Stanton got hurt. Not impressed. Plus, "We knew we could not stop Russell Wilson". The Rams have some talent on their defensive line to get after the QB. But the Seahawks are coming into this game after facing the defensive fronts of Arizona, San Fran, Philadelphia, San Fran, and Arizona. Russell Okung is back in the lineup which might help, as Bailey seem to play better off the bench. St Louis isn't going to slow down Lynch and Wilson's running both, as we saw Wilson run for over a hundred the last time around. The Rams did a poor job in spying on Wilson and were bad vs the read option. However, Wilson has gotten more confident throwing short passes from the pocket lately so the TE is becoming a bigger and bigger part of the offense, with Moeaki and Willson and Helfet making plays. With Kearse gimpy, it looks like Paul Richardson will have to make some plays. He really hasn't done much all season, but he's a fresh body and he's not dropping the ball, so that's progress. The Seahawks defense is playing like it's apoplectic if anybody converts a single first down on them. Jeff Fisher seems to give the Seahawks fits from time to time, because he is unconventional against the 'Hawks. Trickaration, fakes, the unexpected. The Seahawks live in the film room and are so dominant defensively because they are very good at knowing what you are going to do as soon as you break the huddle. Fisher has been getting away with it for too long. I'm thinking he does a trick play or two that blow up in his face this time around. And we get a more conventional game. The Seahawks aren't just on a win streak, but they are evicerating teams on the stat sheets. I thought the Niners could keep it relatively close, not so much with Arizona. I really don't feel a close game today either.

Seattle Seahawks 30

St Louis Rams 10

Ah, good times...good times.

St Louis Cardinals at Seattle Seahawks (-12)

Some numbers:

Seattle is 4-7-1 ATS as a double dig favorite the last 3 seasons

Seattle is #9 overall in total offense, St Louis is #25

Seattle is #1 in yards per rush at 5.4 and in overall rushing, St Louis is #14 at 4.2 and #19 in total rushing

Seattle is #29 in passing but has a 7.6 yards per play ration, St Louis is #24 in passing but has a 7.2 ypp

Seattle is #1 in total defense, St Louis is #18

Seattle is #3 in rushing defense, St Louis is #19 in rushing defense

Seattle allows 3.5 yards per rush, St Louis allows 4.2 ypr

Seattle allows 6.3 yards per passing play, St Louis allows 7.5 yppp

Seattle is #1 passing defense, St Louis is #19 vs the pass.

There is no area of the ball where St Louis is better than Seattle, on offense or on defense, no matter who has the ball. So it's not surprising that when you look back at stats of the first meeting, Seattle outgained St Louis 463 to 274 in yardage, led St Louis 6.8 vs 5.8 on a yards per play basis. But Seattle lost. Lost? How? St Louis special teams: Long kickoff return set up a short TD drive, a misdirection fake punt with a dubious fair catch shenanigans ended with a return for TD, and when Seattle was mounting their big comeback, forcing a 4th down for St Louis with 3 minutes to go, Fisher ran a fake punt from deep in his own territory to win the game. As Fisher defended the call after the game, "We knew we could not stop Russell Wilson". So I don't want to hear nonsense about how good the Rams defense is, or the Rams in general. St Louis has been outgained in 8 of their last 11 games. The games they won the stats: vs Oakland, vs Washington, and the Arizona game where Drew Stanton got hurt. Not impressed. Plus, "We knew we could not stop Russell Wilson". The Rams have some talent on their defensive line to get after the QB. But the Seahawks are coming into this game after facing the defensive fronts of Arizona, San Fran, Philadelphia, San Fran, and Arizona. Russell Okung is back in the lineup which might help, as Bailey seem to play better off the bench. St Louis isn't going to slow down Lynch and Wilson's running both, as we saw Wilson run for over a hundred the last time around. The Rams did a poor job in spying on Wilson and were bad vs the read option. However, Wilson has gotten more confident throwing short passes from the pocket lately so the TE is becoming a bigger and bigger part of the offense, with Moeaki and Willson and Helfet making plays. With Kearse gimpy, it looks like Paul Richardson will have to make some plays. He really hasn't done much all season, but he's a fresh body and he's not dropping the ball, so that's progress. The Seahawks defense is playing like it's apoplectic if anybody converts a single first down on them. Jeff Fisher seems to give the Seahawks fits from time to time, because he is unconventional against the 'Hawks. Trickaration, fakes, the unexpected. The Seahawks live in the film room and are so dominant defensively because they are very good at knowing what you are going to do as soon as you break the huddle. Fisher has been getting away with it for too long. I'm thinking he does a trick play or two that blow up in his face this time around. And we get a more conventional game. The Seahawks aren't just on a win streak, but they are evicerating teams on the stat sheets. I thought the Niners could keep it relatively close, not so much with Arizona. I really don't feel a close game today either.

Seattle Seahawks 30

St Louis Rams 10

Boo yah.

Picking the side: 13-2

Against the spread: 14-1

Seattle wins 20-6. :banana: :banana: :banana:

So. We rattle off six straight victories, and, lo and behold, home-field advantage in the playoffs. Not that HFA is all that necessarily (Dallas came in here and won, so, yeah), but it's nice. Also nice is the extra week off. Time for Lynch to heal his back, for Jordan Hill to nurse his knee injury, for Kearse and Unger to make it back, and for KJ Wright to pop his busted finger back into place.

Divisional round game, pick your poison: Lions, Cardinals or Panthers? I would choose 1) Cards, 2) Panthers, and last choice would be Lions, as they seem the most dangerous of the three to me. Of course, a Lions wim also means we don't have to face Dallas again down the road, which would be nice.

So. We rattle off six straight victories, and, lo and behold, home-field advantage in the playoffs. Not that HFA is all that necessarily (Dallas came in here and won, so, yeah), but it's nice. Also nice is the extra week off. Time for Lynch to heal his back, for Jordan Hill to nurse his knee injury, for Kearse and Unger to make it back, and for KJ Wright to pop his busted finger back into place.

Divisional round game, pick your poison: Lions, Cardinals or Panthers? I would choose 1) Cards, 2) Panthers, and last choice would be Lions, as they seem the most dangerous of the three to me. Of course, a Lions wim also means we don't have to face Dallas again down the road, which would be nice.

I don't fear Dallas. Seattle tends to get up, way up, to take on opponents they lost to previously in recent memory. They avenged their home loss to Arizona last season by smoking them twice this year. They swept SF three in a row after losing to them last season. Beat the Rams this year in revenge. They get up for these challenges. And I could be wrong, but the 'Hawks missing 11 starters in that game. And still had the game won if not for the miracle 3rd and forever conversion. I think Dallas presents challenges simply because their offensive line is excellent, and if the defense can't generate pressure, they will give up yards in a bend don't break situation. They ran for huge chunks of yardage. I'd chalk some of that up to injuries and players being out, but that isn't going to explain it 100%. Seattle is fast, but Dallas is big.

But all you have to do is keep replaying the Romo FG snap over and over on every available screen during every stoppage of play, and Romo's House of Horrors could easily kick in and we would see an epic meltdown.

Also, I'm not impressed by Dallas' Strength of Victory, especially on the road.