A. Gates SD

Cin Def

Taxi

Ricky Stanzi KC Quarter Back

Mario Fannin Den Running Back

A.J. Jenkins SF Wide Receiver

Junior Hemingway KC Wide Receiver

Still debating between putting either Alshon Jeffrey or A.J. Jenkins on my taxi

Having never played dynasty before, I really struggled with putting together a solid strategy. This was further compounded by the 'catch & release' 3-year rule. It seemed to me that I wanted to land on proven production that still had 6 years left – 3 for me and 3 for the future trade value. I also committed to the strategy that I would draft rookies with the intention of putting them on the taxi squad, even if I felt they would be productive year one (because they would be even more productive years 2-4). I want to be competitive this year, but my priority is to build for 'greatness' year 2 and beyond.

The strength of my abilities to draft has always been watching pre-season games and evaluating not only the abilities of the player but more importantly how they are being used in their system. Obviously, I did not have that opportunity with this start up.

I also have never been involved in a trade before, and I was anxious to try this part of the game. Unfortunately, I am still a trading virgin. I tried to trade up to the early teens to grab Graham, who I felt was the best pick of the draft after the big three RBs, but the asking price was way too high. Plus, Graham went even higher than I had planned, so I'm glad that trade did not happen. I was offered two picks in the 20s for my pick #26 and my pick #2 – yeah, that was never going to happen. Another 'offer' was a player drafted in the 60s for my player drafted at #50 PLUS a pick – I'm getting the feeling that there won't be many trades in my future. All other offers were for me to trade down from my pick after I had been waiting 21 picks for me to draft. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to have 10-12 players ready for your next pick only to see all of them come off the board before it is your turn! This happened seemingly every time…By the way, someone asked me what it would take to get my pick 122, and I said his pick 61 and next year's number 1, so I did the same thing (we all value players differently).

I stayed true to my board throughout the process. I'm sure many will disagree with my rankings, but that is what makes this fun! At all positions, I was able to draft a player in the Top 5 of my board, and I believe I also got a Top 10-15 player in the number 2 position.

QB– Top 5 QBs were gone by pick 19, the next 5 QBs went picks 52-71. I believe RGIII will be a top-tier QB and I got him at 47. I also took Rivers, whom I believe is one of the tier-two QBs with a solid chance of delivering tier-one production. Rivers will be my starter this year and become my backup next year. I still need a backup for this year, and so far I am stuck with Sanchez, as all other capable QBs were gone. That's okay though, as I don't value this position very highly.

RB– Took McCoy as the #2 pick in the draft, an obvious Tier 1 RB. Added J.Charles, who may have a slow start this year due to recovering from ACL surgery, but will be tier 1 next year and beyond. The top 14 RBs were all gone by pick 27, as expected. I sweated bullets at pick 95, waiting to see if I could grab Peyton Hillis. I think Hillis is a solid flex play in his own right,and double-dips as a handcuff for Charles. Plus, he is playing on a one-year 'prove it' contract which I believe will set him up for the next few years as well. As much as I thought of Hillis, I would have taken David Wilson had he been there (taken the pick before). This is a great example of how I would have chosen players for Year 2-and-beyond over production today. Now that the draft is over, I'm definitely glad that I took Hillis.

In my strategy, my draft hinged on many things going my way: RGIII at 47, Hillis at 95, K. Rudolph at 119, and I. Pead at 122. I think Pead may be the most underrated RB of the rookies, and Jeff Fisher drafted him to play the Chris Johnson role in their offense. Added to this is the fact that Jackson will be on his last legs any day now, and I felt the scenario is near-perfect for Pead.

WR- I would have killed to get Julio Jones, as he was WR2 on my board. I never really had a chance, but he was there with 3 picks to go before me – then, poof he was gone. I picked Nicks, who was WR3 on my board. Not a bad consolation prize. I was hoping that Dez or Kenny Britt would fall to the next round due to their issues, but I was not surprised at all that they went quickly after my pick. I was ecstatic to get Jeremy Maclin as my WR2, as I view him as a WR2+ with WR1/Top 10 potential. There was a huge run on WR3s during my next 21-pick wait-a-thon (top 12 by pick 36, top 24 by 57), and all my targets vanished. I decided on Sidney Rice, who is a high risk-reward guy, I know. Ideally, Rice would have been my WR4, so I think I am vulnerable on production in this vital spot. I targeted Jerome Simpson as a high-upside WR5, so I am happy to wait on his suspension in a dynasty format. Lestar Jean and Eddie Royal both were worth taking a chance on late in the draft, as there is some potential. I will make a decision on them during training camps. I don't have high hopes for Devin Hester, but I needed a player to possibly fill a lineup. Both Hester and Sanchez are holding slots until I can find something better.

TE– I either hit the lottery with my strategy on TEs, or I will struggle to catch up with the rest of the league for the next few years. I planned my draft around RGIII at 47, F. Davis at 71, and Kyle Rudolph at 119. Right or wrong, time will tell…but the plan worked. I have Davis as the TE3 on my board (5thhighest PPG last year and gets a huge upgrade at QB this year, although he is one puff away from a year-long suspension). Kyle Rudolph is my breakout playerof the year and well worth the gamble at pick 119. If he plays as expected, he will be in the flex spot as the scoring rules are very TE-friendly (the top 2 TEs were gone by pick 10, so the rules were not lost on my compadres). On the down side, I have two Vikings players I am counting on, and neither one is named Harvin or AP!

DST– My strategy was pretty simple: (1) avoid having to play NO, NE, GB, DET, or PHIL twice a year, (2) prefer a ST with a dynamic return guy, and (3) go with a team with a high sack total, as turnovers vary dramatically from year-to-year and are as tough to predict as TDs. I chose Philly, who had the highest sack total of all defenses with 50 AND they don't have to play any of the high-scoring teams listed twice a year.

K– probably not even worth mentioning, but I got the guy who is the highest percentage kicker over 50 yards, most likely because he kicks in the thin air in Denver. And, oh yeah, I think they might get into the red zone a little more often with Peyton than they did with Tebow.

There you have it…fire away!

'DST– My strategy was pretty simple: (1) avoid having to play NO, NE, GB, DET, orPHIL twice a year, (2) prefer a ST with a dynamic return guy, and (3) go with ateam with a high sack total, as turnovers change dramatically fromyear-to-year. I chose Philly, who had the highest sack total of all defenseswith 50 AND they don’t have to play any of the high-scoring teams listed twicea year.

K– probably not even worth mentioning, but I got the guy who is the highestpercentage kicker over 50 yards, most likely because he kicks in the thin airin Denver. And, oh yeah, I think they might get into the red zone a little moreoften with Peyton than they did with Tebow.'

Good thought process on the D/K. Often players view them as an after thought.

Can someone post the link to the draft please. I'll give my thoughts when I get chance.

As much as I don't like my Bradshaw pick in the 3rd round looking back on what the alternatives were, I'm kind of ok with it.

I'd rather have Bradshaw/Harvin going into next year than say Britt/Helu but that's just me. (I went with the next drafted WR/RB...other combos maybe better combos could have been had)

It's an example of taking a guy who you don't have as highly ranked b/c you feel the drop off at that tier is big enough and you don't feel the same about another position. It's more a redraft strategy though.

Some great thoughts about everyone's process. I went into the draft wanting to build a solid foundation to compete this year while trying to balance that by sprinkling in young playmakers throughout.

Drafting 7th I went with VBD mostly, while trying to account for the dearth of stable RBs after round 4. Took Mathews when he fell to me at 7. He's the #4 RB on my board after the big 3, so I was ecstatic.

Having mocked so very many times prior to this draft I knew that I'd want to get a WR in round 2. AJ Green was there and I took him. Great start I'm thinking.

3rd round comes and I know RBs are getting very thin. I took Sproles based on his offense and targets.

4th round brings me F Jax. I had him last year and was loving it till the leg breaking thing. Spiller will be a larger part this year too, but Freddy was good value for me in the 4th.

5th comes up and I'm looking at S Smith or D Bowe. Still speculating that Bowe hasn't signed his tender and hoping that Cam relies on his arm more than his legs to score I took Smith. In hindsight Bowe might've been the pick to make (as someone said). I don't fear not being able to trade for value with Smith in 3 years as WRs come and go, but we'll see.

6th round brings me Matt Ryan. Of the value that was on the board I have Ryan projected for a better year, and he was one of three that I had been targeting going into the draft (Romo/Rivers were the other two to target after the 5th). Go Falcons passing game!

Rounds 7 through 1464 were a drudgery. Some hits, some misses, some potential. Loved getting Little/Williams/Wayne 8/9/10. Hated missing Hillis by one pick in the 8th.

Got most of my guys and lost a couple. Hoping both my TEs pick it up this year as I projected. Overall satisfied with the potential of my team.

I think my main strategy is pretty obvious, dominate the draft.

No but for real yo. I was originally trying to trade down because I was going TE all the way and did not want to pick one first overall. I traded back to the sixth pick and IMO I got very good value. I think me and Dave both got good value out of what we wanted. Some said I should have gotten a second and a third round pick for the first overall. That is a crazy steep price, but there is no way I want to trade out of the first round and miss out on the biggest difference makers. I traded 1.01, 3.01, 4.12, 7.01 for 1.06, 2.07, 4.07, 7.06. That gave me 3 players in the first 24, but more importantly it was the move from 3.01 to 2.07 that I felt was the latest spot to pick to get one of the top 5 consensus qbs (even though I do not think Cam is top 5). I wanted to trade down again from the sixth spot and move my 2.12 up to an early second, but I realized that Graham probably would not be there had I traded down any more.

My first 3 picks were Graham, Brees, Fitzgerald. There were many options there at WR when I drafted. I took Fitz because I think he presented the biggest upside and was also the safest bet. I knew after those 3 picks I was going to need a rb with potential to score solid points each week. Spiller was still there in the fourth, and I had him ranked much higher than a lot of rbs who had already gone. The guy has sick speed at 4.27 40 yd dash with great agility. I know FJax will be there but the possibilities of lining up as a WR make him that much more dangerous.

Since TE get 150% of the points that wr and rb do for receiving yards, and you can start an extra at your flex, I felt it was very important to grab 2 elite te if you wanted to truly dominate the league. If they are not blowing smoke up our arse and Gates is healthy he is going to put up some serious stats.

I wanted the major components of my team to be everything but the rb position. I wanted to be very strong in every catagory so that if my rb only score 10 points a game I will still be in very good shape with the rest of my players. Some do not like my Garcon pick but I knew there is no way he would make it back to me. I took him with my fifth pick and have very high expectations for him, especially now that he is flanged up with a qb nicknamed "The Arm."

Gates was my sixth pick, close pick for steal of the draft next to Brees, Nelson, Harvin, Luck. I prob forot someone but I don't have time to look it up.

My seventh pick was Nelson who finished as the #2 wr in non ppr! I know he drops a little value in ppr but still. He is on a very high powered offense and is a very big target. I see his td totals coming down a bit but I could easily see more targets and catches coming his way. One important factor in drafting Nelson was his extremely high catch percentage and I also liked Garcon's target total. He is on a different team now but he is a always a threat to take it to the house and should receive similar targets and a higher catch percentage with better qb play.

I knew I needed a capable rb2 at this point and traded up to get Turner who is another steal imo.

At this point of the draft I wanted to get guys with a lot of potential, like most drafters, and so I targeted guys that people may be a little down on, but have improved situations on their teams. Malcolm Floyd produced solid stats when VJax was out and L. Moore was a top 10 wr a few years back when Colston was suspended. They are both injury risks but if healthy can be damn good bench players. I will need them to step up in week 10 as the first 3 wr I drafted all have the same bye week.

I traded up to get Alshon which some saw as a reach. I think he was the best WR coming out of this class with huge potential. I also drafted 2 more rookies in A.J. Green and Junior Hemingway. I want to put Hemingway on the taxi but I am torn on the other wr to put there. I would like to give Alshon a year to mature since I think he is going to be a good nfl player but he will probably contribute more in the first year of his career.

Leonard Hankerson is a guy that has huge potential if his knee heals completely as a red zone target and as a deep threat.

The rbs that I drafted all have the measurables to become at least solid rbs in this league. They are all the most explosive on their team with the highest ceiling, except for maybe Turner, but he is still the best on his team even if he is not the most explosive. I drafted 2 guys that have major sleeper potential in Mario Fannin and Baron Batch. Fannin is a second year player that tore his acl last year. He is quick with good agility and very powerful at 5'10" 233 lbs.

Marcel Reece is the best back in Oak behind Mcfadden. He is also big with great hands as he was a wr in college. IMO he is the back to own if mcfadden goes down.

Finally Ricky Stanzi. Passing wise he was the best QB to come out of last years draft. He is also in a decent situation to step up in the near future and take the job from Cassel. Cassel has shown his ceiling and it isn't very high. If KC wants to become a contender they are going to have to turn to their young prospect and see what he can do.

As with all situations with unproven players, the most dynamic players do not always get the chance to shine. Sometimes when they do get the chance there are circumstances that prevent them from succeeding. I think I have a lot of these players on my team and hope that at least a few will get a real chance to prove themselves. I expect at least one of my "off the wall" picks to succeed and hopefully more.

As far as my kicker goes, Eff that.

I think my main strategy is pretty obvious, dominate the draft.

I felt was the latest spot to pick to get one of the top 5 consensus qbs (even though I do not think Cam is top 5

Although I disagree with a few things you have said I just want to mention this one because Cam is my QB1 and a guy who I actually believe will show better stats then last year givin the full offseason and year of maturity...

who is your Top-5 Quarterbacks for the next three years?

Although I disagree with a few things you have said I just want to mention this one because Cam is my QB1 and a guy who I actually believe will show better stats then last year givin the full offseason and year of maturity...

I know you asked Frozenbeernuts, but I would say the top 5 QB's for the next 3 years are no different than my top 5 QB's for this year:

1) Rodgers

2) Brady

3) Brees

4) Stafford

5) Newton

I do think Cam in the first round was a bit of a reach in this format.

Rodgers, Brees, Stafford, Brady. Then it gets interesting. I do not think the fifth guy will be consistently in the top 5 every year. I think Ryan, Rivers, Romo, Eli will compete for that spot and that is the order in which I would take them. Cam will be around there also but I do not see him in the top 5 this year. Luck and to a lesser extent RG3 have a shot in year 3. Also Vick should be in the discussion as a possibility for the next 2 years.

I do not have a definitive 5th best qb since I think the next group of guys are going to be very close and an argument can be made for any of them. Cam as the second qb, I do not see that happening. He put up such ridiculous numbers in the first 3/4 of the season that even though he scored considerably less points the last 4 games he still finished as the number 4 qb. I think the last 4 games were a product of defenses catching up to him a little. I expect his passing to improve but not to the level of the top 4 qbs.

Also his wrs besides smith are average at best. Smith will not be a dynamic player for much longer, and after he goes I don't know who the hell will step up if Cam is going to put up big stats like the other qbs. I would have done my best to draft a top tier wr prospect this year for Cam to throw to and then worried about the defense the rest of the draft.

I think the consensus on his rushing totals are that they will come down this year. If he still rushes around a lot trying to make plays he will be Vick all over with the injuries. Yeah he is still young and a bigger qb but it doesn't matter. The more hits you take, especially as a qb, the more often you are injured.

OK..I got a chance to look over some of the rosters. Let me start by saying that I would always be trying to "win now" in this format. In this league where you can only keep a guy for 3 years, I wouldn't treat the draft much different than a redraft. The only difference is that in terms of players I think are fairly close, I'd bump youth ahead of a veteran player obviously. I also would knock down any player I feel doesn't have at least a 2-3 year window of strong production yet. Someone like Michael Turner I would drop down a few rounds because I think he might have one more good year of production left. But I never liked him in PPR anyways.

Overall the draft looks pretty interesting. I think some people focused on youth a little TOO much based on my comments above. I thought Cam Newton over Brady, Brees, Stafford was a slight reach. I thought Doug Martin over Charles, Peterson, Sproles was a slight reach. I thought RG3 over Vick/Eli/Rivers/Romo was a slight reach. My reasoning is that it may take these guys at least a year or two (or more) to truly reach their peak. By the time they reach their peak, you have to trade them. Yes they will garner good trade value, but I want top current production out of guys I pick that high. Just my personal preference/philosophy. Disclaimer: I have Cam Newton as my #5 QB, so I hardly think he is a bad pick or won't give current production. I just like those other 3 guys better for the next 3 years. Same with Doug Martin to an extent, although I have him outside my top 15 RB's. :dunno:

My favorite teams are probably Mullmaniacs and Ralphster. I usually don't like taking a QB early, but if I was going to, it would be Aaron Rodgers. I think Mullmaniacs was able to get 2 fairly solid PPR RB's in Forte and Bradshaw, but what I really like is the 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks. The WR position is deep this year, and ending up with Harvin, Bowe, and S.Johnson is quite a receiving trio, and you didn't have to use a pick in the first 3 rounds to do it. Adding the upside of Lloyd late was a bonus. RB depth could be a question mark, but Best and Ridley both have upside.

With Ralphster's team, I just love the Mathews/Sproles/FJax/Green grouping. I'll throw Steve Smith in there too because I do think he can be a top 10-15 WR for another 2-3 years. I would of preferred Eli Manning or Philip Rivers over Matt Ryan, but I don't think there is a huge gap there. WR3 has a lot of options, but not sure who emerges there. Neither team got an elite TE but I like both their combos (Pettigrew/Celek and Daniels/Keller).

I want to like Frozenbeernuts team a lot due to Brees/Fitz/Nelson/Graham/Gates, I just can't get past how weak I think the RB's are. It's tough to pass on RB for that long and end up with a decent group. Still could be a tough team though. Couple of other teams I like as contenders but this post is already too long. Just my opinion...

OK..I got a chance to look over some of the rosters. Let me start by saying that I would always be trying to "win now" in this format. In this league where you can only keep a guy for 3 years, I wouldn't treat the draft much different than a redraft. The only difference is that in terms of players I think are fairly close, I'd bump youth ahead of a veteran player obviously. I also would knock down any player I feel doesn't have at least a 2-3 year window of strong production yet. Someone like Michael Turner I would drop down a few rounds because I think he might have one more good year of production left. But I never liked him in PPR anyways.

Overall the draft looks pretty interesting. I think some people focused on youth a little TOO much based on my comments above. I thought Cam Newton over Brady, Brees, Stafford was a slight reach. I thought Doug Martin over Charles, Peterson, Sproles was a slight reach. I thought RG3 over Vick/Eli/Rivers/Romo was a slight reach. My reasoning is that it may take these guys at least a year or two (or more) to truly reach their peak. By the time they reach their peak, you have to trade them. Yes they will garner good trade value, but I want top current production out of guys I pick that high. Just my personal preference/philosophy. Disclaimer: I have Cam Newton as my #5 QB, so I hardly think he is a bad pick or won't give current production. I just like those other 3 guys better for the next 3 years. Same with Doug Martin to an extent, although I have him outside my top 15 RB's. :dunno:

My favorite teams are probably Mullmaniacs and Ralphster. I usually don't like taking a QB early, but if I was going to, it would be Aaron Rodgers. I think Mullmaniacs was able to get 2 fairly solid PPR RB's in Forte and Bradshaw, but what I really like is the 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks. The WR position is deep this year, and ending up with Harvin, Bowe, and S.Johnson is quite a receiving trio, and you didn't have to use a pick in the first 3 rounds to do it. Adding the upside of Lloyd late was a bonus. RB depth could be a question mark, but Best and Ridley both have upside.

With Ralphster's team, I just love the Mathews/Sproles/FJax/Green grouping. I'll throw Steve Smith in there too because I do think he can be a top 10-15 WR for another 2-3 years. I would of preferred Eli Manning or Philip Rivers over Matt Ryan, but I don't think there is a huge gap there. WR3 has a lot of options, but not sure who emerges there. Neither team got an elite TE but I like both their combos (Pettigrew/Celek and Daniels/Keller).

I want to like Frozenbeernuts team a lot due to Brees/Fitz/Nelson/Graham/Gates, I just can't get past how weak I think the RB's are. It's tough to pass on RB for that long and end up with a decent group. Still could be a tough team though. Couple of other teams I like as contenders but this post is already too long. Just my opinion...

That is about what I expect most people's opinion will be of my team. One thing I am curious about, if any 2 of my rbs end up producing say 10-13 pts/game, do you see my team as dominant? Or is that still not enough to get my team to elite status because you are not a fan of Garcon as my wr3?

I am interested to see if the opinion of my team will change if week 1 my team goes off and the extra points for tes propels me to a large point total and my rbs put up respectable numbers.

I don't like the 10 spot much but like my team:

Starting lineup in Bold

QB Brady, Dalton

RB Frank Gore, Reggie Bush, Shonn Greene, Donald Brown, Ryan Williams, Willis McGahee, Jonathan Dwyer

WR Brandon Marshall, Eric Decker, Santana Moss, Jon Baldwin, Austin Colie, Mario Manningham, Steve Smith StL

TE Gronk, Housler

K Jason Hanson

D/ST Buffalo

Taxi Squad

RB Bernard Pierce

WR Juron Criner, Marvin Jones, Vincent Brown

I think i have some pieces to trade in an upgrade...also fair balance and young and old...with lots of potential

That is about what I expect most people's opinion will be of my team. One thing I am curious about, if any 2 of my rbs end up producing say 10-13 pts/game, do you see my team as dominant? Or is that still not enough to get my team to elite status because you are not a fan of Garcon as my wr3?

I am interested to see if the opinion of my team will change if week 1 my team goes off and the extra points for tes propels me to a large point total and my rbs put up respectable numbers.

Let me start by saying I saw you post about TE's getting 0.15 pts for every yard but I didn't really do an analysis on it. Same with QB's getting 0.15 pts for every yard rushing. Cam Newton (and Vick) may be worth more than I gave them credit for. As for your TE's, when I used some projections and plugged in your scoring system, Jimmy Graham was the #1 overall WR/TE (ahead of Gronk and Megatron) and Gates was #7 (ahead of Andre Johnson and just behind Larry Fitz). It definitely makes a difference. Gates was a steal where you got him in my opinion, and so were many of the TE's. Also, Percy Harvin's rushing yards are worth 0.15 as well. This makes him a easy top 10 WR in my opinion for Mullmaniacs.

As for your RB's, getting Michael Turner in the 8th round was a nice grab for your team to "win now." I don't like him much at all in PPR or long term but he is probably still a 180-190 point RB this season. So he would be in that 10-13 point per week range. Your RB2 is a bigger question mark. But Spiller might be able to catch 40+ balls this year depending how they use him. I could see him being a 150-160 point player in PPR (with the upside for more if FJax misses games). I can't say I really like any of the other guys you got. Vereen could emerge in New England though. Overall I think your team should be a contender considering the strength of your elite guys. If you can get anything further from your RB's, it's just gravy.

Yeah the .15 bonus for te is huge. Of course if bumps up everyone but if those elite guys can perform like they did last year watch out. I was actually considering a strategy of grabbing Graham in the first and Hernandez in the 4th. I would have went RB in the second and third, tried to grab the last of Romo/Ryan/Rivers and taken whatever wrs I could.

Heck the .15 rushing bonus even bumps Arod up some. His 300 rushing becomes 450.

All in all this has been a great process and super preparation for my August redraft leagues.

I think I need a month long break from looking at fantasy stuff.

I'll go ahead and post my own analysis here. After the draft has completed I like to take a look at all the teams and see what the overall product is and then how many points they are likely to score based on my own projections.

Now I know my own projections are a bit biased, I am obviously going to like my guys a bit more, so I went ahead and used a spreadsheet where I plugged in FFToday's projection to our rosters and came up with a breakdown of how many points the starters and the whole team would score (over 16 weeks) based on that. I was very surprised to find that FFToday's numbers had my team scoring my than I did. I'll go ahead and post that here. This is also something any of you can check as well. I used the 6/21 projections, since 7/5 was not updated when I made the ss, but I will likely update it with those and see if there are any changes.

I'll rank the teams by overall points scored and put starters in parenthesis ()

UNCDave - 4541 (2427)

Mullmaniacs - 4092 (2336)

Ralphster - 4065 (2253)

Evil Genius - 3869 (1959)

Patmos - 3636 (2127)

420 Allstars - 3555 (2141)

Voice of Truth - 3547 (2098)

Matt's Eagles 3456 - (2057)

Bonkbonk - 3452 (1931)

FrozenBeerNuts - 3302 (1940)

CoryJagFan - 3252 (2140)

Crowes - 3236 (2085)

I'm not saying this necessarily means anything, but it is something I like to do, because then I can try and place a points per week value on each of my opponent's and have an idea of what I need my guys to do to come away with a w. Once again this is based on FFToday's projections, not my own, I selfishly trust my own a little better, using my own gave me the same 1st and 12th place team but no other spot the same, for what that is worth.

Dave, where the hell did you get these ##zz?? There must be some mistake... Come on man- my team is solid to better than that? Romo and PEyton Manning?... Peyton Manning man! CJ2,BGE,M Bush, 2/3 of the Wash backfield and the future of the Jets Bilal Powell?Somehow I even landed Chris Ivory, even though he should obviously be on FBNuts' roster... Not bad in the new rb world where there are only like 5-7 guys without major maybes surrounding production. My WRs are def solid Julio,D Thomas,Antonio Brown-with or without Wallace-Lafell 3rd yr and Cams wr2,...a couple of other bums and Tommy Streeter? Top K,Top D returning 11 starters... maybe my TE is suspect but I'll put the guy Peyton wanted to catch his balls(Tamme) solidly in the list of 20 or so TEs that are supposed to be good+ this season? Can you do me a favor and double check your figures and post corrections... you're reminding me of a sketchy bookie I had in the early 90's who would tell me Wednesdays that I was down like $880 when it was usually closer to $320..geeze

Dont think Im not printing 34 copies of this list and hanging them everywhere...

Dave, where the hell did you get these ##zz?? There must be some mistake... Come on man- my team is solid to better than that? Romo and PEyton Manning?... Peyton Manning man! CJ2,BGE,M Bush, 2/3 of the Wash backfield and the future of the Jets Bilal Powell?Somehow I even landed Chris Ivory, even though he should obviously be on FBNuts' roster... Not bad in the new rb world where there are only like 5-7 guys without major maybes surrounding production. My WRs are def solid Julio,D Thomas,Antonio Brown-with or without Wallace-Lafell 3rd yr and Cams wr2,...a couple of other bums and Tommy Streeter? Top K,Top D returning 11 starters... maybe my TE is suspect but I'll put the guy Peyton wanted to catch his balls(Tamme) solidly in the list of 20 or so TEs that are supposed to be good+ this season? Can you do me a favor and double check your figures and post corrections... you're reminding me of a sketchy bookie I had in the early 90's who would tell me Wednesdays that I was down like $880 when it was usually closer to $320..geeze

Dont think Im not printing 34 copies of this list and hanging them everywhere...

http://football10.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=66095&O=182&DISPLAY=LEAGUE

It seems they basically score you on overall ADP-which I doubt factors in individual league scoring, so it's only so useful. They liked my draft b/c besides Bradshaw in the 3rd each of my first 10 picks went after their ADP.

1.09 Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 5 9

2.04 Forte, Matt CHI RB 15 16

3.09 Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB 39 33

4.04 Harvin, Percy MIN WR 37 40

5.09 Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR 48 57

6.04 Johnson, Steve BUF WR 52 64

7.09 Best, Jahvid DET RB 75 81

8.04 Lloyd, Brandon NEP WR 64 88

9.09 Crabtree, Michael SFO WR 89 105

10.04 Ridley, Stevan NEP RB 108 112

Their analysis of my best and worst picks also echo my draft comments.

Arod- 'not a pick I was considering at all. had to take the value.'

Bradshaw- 'not thrilled with the pick, but has seemingly healthy feet and lead dog in Giants offense.'

They are concerned about my bye kicker situation though.... :banana:

..Who's the jackass @ 5 that didnt take AR?

I think the league gave me a major penalty for not drafting a kicker. O well. I don't trust their rankings anyway. I honestly don't really trust fftodays rankings either. Rarely do I trust any one web sites rankings.

P.S. Anyone else seeing this big red note at the top?

'This report is only intended for full redraft leagues. If you're seeing this message, it means that the system has identified your league as a keeper or dynasty league, and the report below may not make a whole lot of sense. If you have ideas for how we could improve this report, and make it more applicable to your keeper league, please let us know!'

It seems as though they are scoring us as a redraft, and not a dynasty/keeper, if I am reading it correctly. Our league falls somewhere between these options.

I took the projections provided here at FFToday, and added all the numbers up for overall, and guessed who your starters were if that wasn't pointed out already. Now some don't have kickers so that could cost their starters ~150 points over 16 weeks.

Romo and Manning were QB10 and 11, at 316 ad 311 points, respectively. Foles is projected to score 0.

Bilal Powell is not projected to score any points this year. CJ2 is projected for 271, BJGE 187, your Skins combine for 143, Ivory is at 27 and Bush at 130.

You have 3 WR projected at 0 for this season, of the rest highest projections go to ABrown at 252, JJones at 240 and Demaryius at 203

TE combine for 363.

Akers at 170

DST combine for 401

Looks like TE and RB hurt you the most when compared to other teams as well as lack of depth at QB, sever teams have a QB3 projected for 250+ points that would add to the overall total.

I took the projections provided here at FFToday, and added all the numbers up for overall, and guessed who your starters were if that wasn't pointed out already. Now some don't have kickers so that could cost their starters ~150 points over 16 weeks.

Romo and Manning were QB10 and 11, at 316 ad 311 points, respectively. Foles is projected to score 0.

Bilal Powell is not projected to score any points this year. CJ2 is projected for 271, BJGE 187, your Skins combine for 143, Ivory is at 27 and Bush at 130.

You have 3 WR projected at 0 for this season, of the rest highest projections go to ABrown at 252, JJones at 240 and Demaryius at 203

TE combine for 363.

Akers at 170

DST combine for 401

Looks like TE and RB hurt you the most when compared to other teams as well as lack of depth at QB, sever teams have a QB3 projected for 250+ points that would add to the overall total.

Antonio Brown scoring more points this year than Julio Jones is a joke. I mean Brown is a nice receiver but he is not nearly the talent Jones is.

Antonio Brown scoring more points this year than Julio Jones is a joke. I mean Brown is a nice receiver but he is not nearly the talent Jones is.

Dave took the 6/21 projections iirc. That said if Wallace holds out Brown very well could be PIT's #1 WR and put up good #'s.

EDIT: There are some who think Brown is the most talented WR on that team.

Dave took the 6/21 projections iirc. That said if Wallace holds out Brown very well could be PIT's #1 WR and put up good #'s.

EDIT: There are some who think Brown is the most talented WR on that team.

I would be willing to make a wager Julio scores more points.

I'll wager you that according to the 6/21 projections, Antonio Brown is "projected" to score more point than Julio. *These are not MY projections.* Just wanted to use a site I know we all visit for comparison sake.

According to the 6/21 projections

Julio - 66-1116-8

Antonio - 85-1177-7

Looks like the receptions are what give Antonio the edge according to FFToday. Take it up with those guys if you disagree :argue:

I'll wager you that according to the 6/21 projections, Antonio Brown is "projected" to score more point than Julio. *These are not MY projections.* Just wanted to use a site I know we all visit for comparison sake.

According to the 6/21 projections

Julio - 66-1116-8

Antonio - 85-1177-7

Looks like the receptions are what give Antonio the edge according to FFToday. Take it up with those guys if you disagree :argue:

Yeah I didn't mean to make it sound personal like "Oh yeah buddy lets bet on it then." Just stating that I would bet on Julio having more points than Brown. Brown will prob be about the 15th best wr and Julio will be 2. It's going to be a pretty big difference.

It's going to be interesting seeing how Haley impacts the passing game in Pittsburgh...I can't imagine a scenario other than injury where Julio is out-produced by Brown

"My reasoning is that it may take these guys at least a year or two (or more) to truly reach their peak. By the time they reach their peak, you have to trade them."

Stewburtx8, not sure if you were aware, but we have a taxi squad of 4 people. Rookies can sit there for a year, and you are allowed up to one player to stay there for a second year. This caveat factored greatly into my decision, as I have placed RGIII, I. Pead, S. Hill, and V. Ballard on my taxi squad. The goal is to have a wave of players who are 'just now' reaching their peak joining your squad. I would expect to leave Stephen Hill on my taxi squad for a 2nd year (note that you lose your lowest rookie draft pick if you keep a player on the taxi squad a 2nd year, so I will be giving up my 2013 4th round pick if I leave Hill on my taxi squad).

and you are allowed up to one player to stay there for a second year.

This condition regarding 2nd year players was only for the start-up conditions.

Next year, you can have all 2nd year players there, if you desired.

Just so you are aware, eh?

whew. glad you cleared that up. scared the hell out of me

so i could leave all four rookies on there next year?

FBN, I didn't take it personally just shifting the buck a little there. I personally have Julio as WR12 and Antonio as WR16, not as big a difference as you, and I would certainly be willing to wager that Julio does not finish as the 2nd best WR this year. I would be more than a little surprised to see him top 5, but next year, well that's a whole different story.

Yeah I didn't mean to make it sound personal like "Oh yeah buddy lets bet on it then." Just stating that I would bet on Julio having more points than Brown. Brown will prob be about the 15th best wr and Julio will be 2. It's going to be a pretty big difference.

I like your thinking on 2 of my wrs here... FWIW Nuts, where do u have D Thomas and do u have any Lafell optimism?

I like your thinking on 2 of my wrs here... FWIW Nuts, where do u have D Thomas and do u have any Lafell optimism?

D. Thomas is a very hard one to project. His floor is about wr 20 but I expect him to play better than that. I believe somewhere around the 13th - 16th wr is where I would put my money if I had to pick a spot to put him.

I do not see Lefell doing much this year. After watching him in action last year I am just not impressed. I don't think he is fast enough to beat coverage down the field and he isn't strong enough to have his way on the line of scrimmage. I see a lot of drops in his future this year, and that is if Newton even targets him. I guess it's possible to put up decent stats but I honestly wouldn't want him on my roster in place of any wr I have.

Julio and D. Thomas are definitely a good tandem for a receiving core.

FBN, I didn't take it personally just shifting the buck a little there. I personally have Julio as WR12 and Antonio as WR16, not as big a difference as you, and I would certainly be willing to wager that Julio does not finish as the 2nd best WR this year. I would be more than a little surprised to see him top 5, but next year, well that's a whole different story.

Yeah the second best wr in the NFL is pretty bold. There are a bunch I could put there but I think he will be very close this year. I think we can all agree that we hope it's Fitzgerald.

This condition regarding 2nd year players was only for the start-up conditions.

Next year, you can have all 2nd year players there, if you desired.

Just so you are aware, eh?

Did not realize that - thanks!

Time for me to lay out my strategy going into the draft. Overall for this Dynasty/Keeper hybrid, it was tougher to com up with "rules" on how to project and target. You can't let future projections overwhelm this year's performance. So my goal was to draft as close to a redraft, with some exceptions, I had a strong feeling certain "older" players would drop farther than they should. So I would wait on them and only reach for the young ones I really wanted and knew would be coveted throughout the league.

Let's break this down by position.

QB - I waited until the 5th round to take my 1st QB, actually planned to wait longer but felt there was too much value to pass up on Vick at 5.04. I had him rated at QB5 and got him as the 7th QB off the board. I know he needs to stay healthy for my projections to hold, but it was a risk I was willing to take. I got Schaub at 10.06 and Ponder at 15.06 for QBBC for my #2 spot. I have both of those guys as having fairly strong years this season and could see either one cracking Top15. Finally grabbed Russell Wilson for the future at 21.06.

RB - Started out with 6th pick and was really hoping Rice or Matthews would fall to me, skeptical that Rice would, but it looks like I would have had a chance at Matthews. Luckily I got a good deal and moved up to the 1 spot, then traded that back to move up a little more in later rounds and ended up with the 3 spot with the same 2 targets. I have Rice and Matthews projected as RB1 and RB2, I know this is not how most people see it, and I am fine with that. Landed Rice at 1.03. Then I semi-panicked and took Redman at 4.12 since the other options were Best, JStew and Bush. The only one of those 3 I considered was Best. On my board Redman is RB20 with a chance to have a breakout season. He will either be my best pick or worst pick, no middle ground there. My big regret about where I took him was that I could have gotten him later, yet the run on RBs and the lack of talent had me shore up my starting lineup. Got my 1st backup RB at 9.06 in Deangelo Williams. I think this pick will be my "Steal of the Draft". I believe he will be the strong performer in Charlotte this season, and I got him 4 rounds after JStew. Next I went with Toby Gerhart at 12.07, I feel he will have early opportunity and maybe more, all depending on ADP (and not Average Draft Position). Rounds 22-24 were all RBs, McCluster, Bryce Brown and Ringer. All have a slight chance to be something, but it's not critical for my team that they do have great years.

WR - I really feel like I got amazing values here, so this will likely be where I do the worst. At 3.01 I took Jennings, I have him ranked WR4 and got him as the 5th off the board. I feel like my 3.06 pick was even better, getting White who I have ranked as WR2 this year as the 9th WR off the board was a great deal. I knew he would drop though, due to being older. At 5.06 I felt I got another great value in Miles Austin, I have him ranked as WR14 and got him as the 21st off the board. Depth came in round 8 with Meachem who I think will be top20, round 11 with Quick who could end up the #1 in StL, round 14 in Sanu who will have a strong year in Cincy. Then the speculation began at round 17, Sanders is in that mythical 3rd year as a receiver, if things work out this pick will look brilliant. This year's Cruz? (Nah, probably not, but fun to pretend.) Golden Tate in the 18th and James Jones in the 20th round out a nice WR corps. I really feel I did well here with 2 top 5 talents and 4 top20.

TE- My strategy here was wait on the midlevel TEs and pair them up so go for Olsen and Tamme, and save higher picks for the big 3. This got thrown off by Witten being available in the 6th round, I had him pegged as TE3 right behind Gronk and Graham, so I couldn't pass on the value. I still managed to snag Olsen in the 13th and plan to start both of them a lot this year.

DST - Just draft a team that I think will do well, if the value is there, the Ravens in the 16th fit that bill.

K- Brady's kicker in the 19th round? Yes, please.

I feel like I got at least 1 top5 pick in every category, seldom does a draft work that way. Yet by waiting on some of the older players and not letting value pass by even if they weren't a target I feel it worked for me here. Time will tell however.

"My reasoning is that it may take these guys at least a year or two (or more) to truly reach their peak. By the time they reach their peak, you have to trade them."

Stewburtx8, not sure if you were aware, but we have a taxi squad of 4 people. Rookies can sit there for a year, and you are allowed up to one player to stay there for a second year. This caveat factored greatly into my decision, as I have placed RGIII, I. Pead, S. Hill, and V. Ballard on my taxi squad. The goal is to have a wave of players who are 'just now' reaching their peak joining your squad. I would expect to leave Stephen Hill on my taxi squad for a 2nd year (note that you lose your lowest rookie draft pick if you keep a player on the taxi squad a 2nd year, so I will be giving up my 2013 4th round pick if I leave Hill on my taxi squad).

I understand that, and maybe RG3 turns in to Cam Newton 2.0 and is a stud right away. But my personal preference is to win in YEAR ONE. I could never convince myself to use a 4th round pick on a guy I plan to stash on my taxi squad for the whole first season. That year lost from such a high pick is not worth the potential future value to me especially in a league where you can't keep a player forever. But to each his own.. it could certainly work out for you in Years 2 through 4 of the league.