Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

So this Dez Bryant video

Is being called 5x worse than the Ray Rice video. Here is deadspins take on the situation thus far

http://deadspin.com/theres-a-rumor-about-some-sort-of-dez-bryant-video-1687081592

The video could be released today. Now everything being said is pure speculation, but rumors of his career being in jeopardy is some pretty serious stuff.

I hear the video is slinging from the neck of a flying, purple unicorn. Once it's captured the video will be made public....

Well at least I know where those Dez Bryant trade offers were coming from last week. LOL

I'm actually not kidding. Fortunately they were asking for too much.......

Well at least I know where those Dez Bryant trade offers were coming from last week. LOL

I'm actually not kidding. Fortunately they were asking for too much.......

Yeah no kidding. The existence of this video has been known for months. I just heard about it yesterday from adam shefster. He would only acknowledge that he knew the video existed, and that he had been working on the video since september.

i find it extremely hard to believe that if a video of malfeasance existed, it would not already be out by now.

but i guess we'll see.

i find it extremely hard to believe that if a video of malfeasance existed, it would not already be out by now.

but i guess we'll see.

There are a lot of analysts who believe in its existence. Maybe it doesnt exist, but even Dez got a little defensive about it. I think its interesting and worth following until proven to exist or to be a hoax.

If there was a video, it would be out by now. What would be the reason for holding it? In this day and age, it's all about who can report this and that first. All you have is a "rumor" - a rumor nobody can name the source, name who has it or what it is about. It might as well be a rumored video of Dez with Bigfoot... As far as the Cowboys - they were in talks with Dez last Oct./Nov. for a new deal. Then all of the sudden Dez fired Eugene Parker and hired Jay Z's company to represent him - the talks fell apart then. If this "video" was common knowledge and if the Boys knew about it - why would they have tried to resign him then? Also - any video only hurts Dez's value and attractiveness to other teams. If such a video existed, and the Cowboys had it, they would want it public to drive his price down.

Obviously nobody can say for 100% that a video doesn't exist. But all you have is "rumors" and nothing else, not even a hint of anything - might as well really be chasing the purple unicorn.

If there was a video, it would be out by now. What would be the reason for holding it? In this day and age, it's all about who can report this and that first. All you have is a "rumor" - a rumor nobody can name the source, name who has it or what it is about. It might as well be a rumored video of Dez with Bigfoot... As far as the Cowboys - they were in talks with Dez last Oct./Nov. for a new deal. Then all of the sudden Dez fired Eugene Parker and hired Jay Z's company to represent him - the talks fell apart then. If this "video" was common knowledge and if the Boys knew about it - why would they have tried to resign him then? Also - any video only hurts Dez's value and attractiveness to other teams. If such a video existed, and the Cowboys had it, they would want it public to drive his price down.

Obviously nobody can say for 100% that a video doesn't exist. But all you have is "rumors" and nothing else, not even a hint of anything - might as well really be chasing the purple unicorn.

Of course every rumor is a rumor until there is proof and then they are not rumors any longer. Many big stories get started as a rumor that causes more to surface and they snowball. I disagree that there is not even a hint of anything. The rumors being acknowledged as such by reputable sports reporters at least put the potential of something there beyond the level of somebody just making things up in on a discussion board or in a bar.

As for considering motivations there is simply a lot we don't know. What if the Boys are perfectly willing to resign Dez at a market value but only subject to a past or present "Behavior clause" of some sort that would void the deal and that's the exact sticking point?

They must have the clause but Dez won't take it.

Could be a rival agent, or a rival owner, or someone who just wants to hurt Dez at a bad time and thought old news could be sticky now.

Who knows but the point is I wouldn't guess at different potential motivations to either explain or explain away the story.

I disagree that there is not even a hint of anything. The rumors being acknowledged as such by reputable sports reporters at least put the potential of something there beyond the level of somebody just making things up in on a discussion board or in a bar.

Disagree based on what - a rumor? So Mike Florio heard the rumor there must be something to it? And it's just now about to come out? Was the video in production, was it being sent by row boat over the Atlantic, was it at the top of Everest and the Sherpas just now got to it? Normally when a story has something to it you have at least an ounce of something. This story has nothing - no source anyone can name, no names of any kind - just a story that Sally heard from her hair dresser who is dating this ex-football player who bought some weed from the cousin of this kid who's next door neighbor works for a sports blog.... Well at least this "source" has reported that the "video" will be released today or 2morow - it wil be the most anticipated thing since the "Decision".

As for considering motivations there is simply a lot we don't know. What if the Boys are perfectly willing to resign Dez at a market value but only subject to a past or present "Behavior clause" of some sort that would void the deal and that's the exact sticking point?

Do you know anything about Dez and his behavior here in Dallas? For all that's been written and reported - Dez has been really well behaved, especially of late. The reported 6 trips police/fire rescue have made to his house over the years - not much to them.... Dez wants the $$ - he isn't worried about some "Behavior" clause, doesn't need to.

Who knows but the point is I wouldn't guess at different potential motivations to either explain or explain away the story.

It's the offseason. Stories like this make the Mike Florios, Adam Schefters and Ian Rapoports of the world relevant.

Just Pray it's not true .

Local radio has Terez Owens lined up for a 5 p.m. call in. Cool - hopefully he will spill out more juice on the Dez-Gate tape. :thumbsup:

From the comment section...

apparently they have evidence he co-starred in a Pauly Shore movie

:lol:

Just Pray it's not true .

Fock that, everyone else hopes it is true. :overhead:

Disagree based on what - a rumor? So Mike Florio heard the rumor there must be something to it? And it's just now about to come out? Was the video in production, was it being sent by row boat over the Atlantic, was it at the top of Everest and the Sherpas just now got to it? Normally when a story has something to it you have at least an ounce of something. This story has nothing - no source anyone can name, no names of any kind - just a story that Sally heard from her hair dresser who is dating this ex-football player who bought some weed from the cousin of this kid who's next door neighbor works for a sports blog.... Well at least this "source" has reported that the "video" will be released today or 2morow - it wil be the most anticipated thing since the "Decision".

Do you know anything about Dez and his behavior here in Dallas? For all that's been written and reported - Dez has been really well behaved, especially of late. The reported 6 trips police/fire rescue have made to his house over the years - not much to them.... Dez wants the $$ - he isn't worried about some "Behavior" clause, doesn't need to.

It's the offseason. Stories like this make the Mike Florios, Adam Schefters and Ian Rapoports of the world relevant.

Well now you have me wondering about your motivation LOL J.K.

For the record I am in the camp that this "could be something, could be nothing", but what I don't understand is how anybody could look at the situation and say absolutely either way. I did not write that there has to be something to it because Florio said it. You wrote that I wrote it in the form of a question inferring I said it.

What I said is that I disagree that "..there is no hint" as you stated. Maybe we disagree on the definition of hint? LOL

I have no idea how Dez behaves around Dallas, nor do I care. You seem to think there is a lager point of discussion or inference on my part and that it isn't the case. I did not comment on Dez the man in any way shape or form.

The conversation was related to the potential that there could be a video somewhere that might be damaging to his reputation when viewed, that is all. I am happy to have been a teenager during a time when the electronic eye was not everywhere 24/7, yet I know there could be damaging video of ME somewhere. Like for instance when my friends and I in a drunken state made our way out to hijack golf carts for a moonlight run around the back 9 on a golf course in our neighborhood and one of the guys ended up in a water feature. That's just the story I'm willing to tell.

Of course there could be video of Dez or anybody else and I stand by the comment that when a national reporter is willing to acknowledge they have heard a rumor on the record, it makes it more likely that there is something to it.

Peace!

So some guy from Terez Owens goes on air.

This is what he does say:

* He has not seen the video.

* They do not have the video.

* His source works in and around Dallas.

* His source has told them it will be released by ESPN.

* Just reporting what he's been told.

What he did not say:

* Who his source is.

* What's on the video.

* What his actual name is.

* If or not the flying, purple, unicorn has been spotted.

Your reaction is kind of odd. No one is saying they believe for sure this video exists. Its out there because there are some analysts who believe there is merit to the story. Adam shefter said he was working on this story since SEPTEMBER. Do you think he would have spent this much time on the story if there was absolutely no possibility of it existing? It could go either way. I dont know why you are basically putting words in peoples mouths.

Your reaction is kind of odd. No one is saying they believe for sure this video exists. Its out there because there are some analysts who believe there is merit to the story. Adam shefter said he was working on this story since SEPTEMBER. Do you think he would have spent this much time on the story if there was absolutely no possibility of it existing? It could go either way. I dont know why you are basically putting words in peoples mouths.

Exactly, since SEPTEMBER - all that time and still hasn't a bucket of piss to show for it. Other than of course this guy said this, that guy said that, he said, she says - grassy knoll. Working on a story so vile, so many times WORSE than the R. Rice video and yet still can't nane a source, can't name a single person who's seen the video, can't say what it's about, can't name who has the video - nothing but a rumor from a guy from a spoof website that won't even reveal his actual name.

I haven't put any words in anyone's mouth. All I've done is ignore and dismiss any validity to this hoax.

Isn't it interesting that no reputable news source is talking (or printing) anything about this?

(non-Dez owner here)

Isn't it interesting that no reputable news source is talking (or printing) anything about this?

(non-Dez owner here)

I think it is interesting. Adam shefter was so awkward when talking about it. I would like to know, if this vid turns out to be a hoax, why were some people researching this for so long? Who started the rumor and for what purpose? Will the rumor, even if proven to be a hoax, still have some kind of effect between Dez and the cowboys?

So some guy from Terez Owens goes on air.

This is what he does say:

* He has not seen the video.

* They do not have the video.

* His source works in and around Dallas.

* His source has told them it will be released by ESPN.

* Just reporting what he's been told.

What he did not say:

* Who his source is.

* What's on the video.

* What his actual name is.

* If or not the flying, purple, unicorn has been spotted.

Update on Terez Owens site says it is in a Walmart with him clocking a woman.

We could speculate on why a video, if it exists, has not yet been made public but this would have been one of my top scenarios even prior to reading it.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2015/02/dez-bryant-is-likely-being-extorted-by-ex-friends-over-alleged-video/

"Over the last couple of days, I have done an independent investigation on exactly what is going on with this alleged Dez Bryant video. I’ve spoken to severalpeople, some very trustworthy, others more unsavory, but I was trying to get to the bottom of this and I have come to this conclusion.If there is a video, not many people have seen it. Many people have heard about, but no one can say they have actually seen it. Whatever is on the alleged video didn’t happen recently. It happened when Dez Bryant was younger and Dez by his own admission had some issues in his younger days. What he is being accused of doing is terrible as it was described to me, but this is all second hand information, so you have to take that into consideration. Lastly, former friends of Bryant are trying to extort him for money.

What I have been told is that they are threatening to release a video that may or may not exists. The key part of this is that if Dez hadn’t done anything in his past that one would consider career threatening, there wouldn’t be any reason to take the threat seriously. To my understanding they are taking the threat very seriously.

Which leads to a bit of a moral conundrum. Bryant hasn’t been arrested for anything, there is no way to know if a video actually exists or if he did of what he is accused of doing, but his ex-friends seem to know enough about his past to try to extort him. Should Bryant be held accountable for everything he did in the past? Is that hypocritical on our part because skeletons would probably fall out of our closets if people look inside.

Here is the last Tweet of Dez Bryant right when these rumors started to surface.

Who is he talking to? His friends? The media? The Cowboys? It is all a bit cryptic. It seems like Dez wants to come clean about something. It is called the “8 Mile defense”. In the movie, Eminem raps about all the bad stuff that happened to him before his opponent can use it against him. In turn his opponent is at a lost for words and loses the battle.

Is that what Dez wanted to do?

In the end, I think what is fair is to give Bryant the benefit of the doubt. There is nothing out there currently (no video, no screenshots and no confessions) and you should be innocent until proven guilty.

But, as one person close to situation told me and I quote.

“When you choose to keep trash around, don’t be shocked when it stinks up your house”.

Dez is learning that lesson right now."

Its about 50/50 or 60/40 that there is no video and its all made up. Praying we see it today and im praying its 5x worse than ray rice.

Timothy Burke of DeadSpin said 45 minutes ago that they, not any of the normal websites that look to buy videos like this, have been contacted about buying a video.

The unicorn is still loose...

Timothy Burke of DeadSpin said 45 minutes ago that they, not any of the normal websites that look to buy videos like this, have been contacted about buying a video.

The unicorn is still loose...

While you remain curiously hyper sensitive to this story.

Every time I hear "video" it makes me think of an actual VHS tape. Don't we have something else we can call it?

Every time I hear "video" it makes me think of an actual VHS tape. Don't we have something else we can call it?

visual experience

• Like 2

NFL watched the tape , and like spy gate it was then destroyed. So all good

While you remain curiously hyper sensitive to this story.

What's so curious about it? Dez is my hometown guy. A guy who has turned his life around and is a great positive influence on this team and town. So when clowns with nothing but a sack of rumors try to tear him down - hell yea I stand up for him. Is that really that hard to comprehend? If so, you're prolly one of the ones buying into the unicorn story.

Btw - it's the end of the day. Terez Owens said the video would be released by now, according to his source. Where is it, was it PPV and I missed it? Lol

What's so curious about it? Dez is my hometown guy. A guy who has turned his life around and is a great positive influence on this team and town. So when clowns with nothing but a sack of rumors try to tear him down - hell yea I stand up for him. Is that really that hard to comprehend? If so, you're prolly one of the ones buying into the unicorn story.

Btw - it's the end of the day. Terez Owens said the video would be released by now, according to his source. Where is it, was it PPV and I missed it? Lol

No i actually am in the camp of doubting there is a video. You cant comprehend that i did not pick a side in the beginning for some reason. Not sure why i have to explain that since it was pretty obvious, but some people do catch on more slowly.

I applaud Dez for turning his life around. I think it shameful of others to create a lie to tear Dez down, if this does turn into a completely false rumor.

No i actually am in the camp of doubting there is a video. You cant comprehend that i did not pick a side in the beginning for some reason. Not sure why i have to explain that since it was pretty obvious, but some people do catch on more slowly.

Might want to do some fact checking there, Einstein, before you go accusing anyone of being slow. I have not once mentioned you as a source or have not suggested YOU were are the one making this claim. Unless of course by slow, you were referring to yourself.

I applaud Dez for turning his life around. I think it shameful of others to create a lie to tear Dez down, if this does turn into a completely false rumor.

It's coming to light that there was an incident that involved the vehicles and friends of Dez (4 years ago). It was investigated and determined there was nothing to it. In fact, there is no proof Dez was even there when it supposedly happened.... There appears to be a lot of Ass Covering going on this morning from the "major insiders". Schefter said he's been working on this since September and yet all are just now barely stumbling on the Incident Report on February 17th? Good Lord, all they had to do was make a phone call... And what about this Terez Owens website? This is the scum that said they had spoken to the owner of the tape and that it was 5 times worse than the R. Rice video - and that it was going to be released by end of day yesterday, and there was nothing Dez or the Cowboys could do about. Looking like now that if there is a video, and that right now is still rumored speculation, that the owner is Walmart.... Sure makes all those who were saying they're sources inside and close to the team that had seen the video and that it was bad were basically full of shiat too.

If so, you're prolly one of the ones buying into the unicorn story.

Direct quote from you stating that i am probably one of those buying into the story. Yes. You are slow.

Direct quote from you stating that i am probably one of those buying into the story. Yes. You are slow.

Well if you're not slow, than at the very least you lack in reading comprehension.

This quote was in regards to your remarks "curiously hyper sensitive". I explained my defense of Dez and stated that (to me) it wasn't that hard to understand and not curious at all. My remak was to suggest the only way you would see it as "curious" was if you were part of the unicorn believing crowd. And even then, being part of the mob that believes it doesn't make you the source or a person making the claim - just one who buys into it. But I applaud your effort.

So they got nothing! Because the woman involved just called Dez for a ride, and she was driving "her" aka his Mercedes (which he probably bought for her, or loaned her).

What a media created ridiculous accusation against the star athlete of the Star team!