Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Trump vs Nancy/Chuck

Obammy inherited, Trump didn't. Got it. :thumbsup:

TARP, the legislation the brought us out of the recession, was passed before Obama was inaugurated.

Obammy inherited, Trump didn't. Got it. :thumbsup:

Unemployment heading way down along with the debt, stock market way up. Facts dont matter to Trumpers though only feelings count.

Unemployment heading way down along with the debt, stock market way up. Facts dont matter to Trumpers though only feelings count.

Quality posting. :thumbsup:

Obama administration gave 150 billion to our enemy Iran. Exporter of terrorism. they chant death to America. But the democrats can't give Trump and the US citizens 5 billion for the wall?

• Like 1

Obama administration gave 150 billion to our enemy Iran. Exporter of terrorism. they chant death to America. But the democrats can't give Trump and the US citizens 5 billion for the wall?

Given that you obviously did a cut-and-paste, do you want to provide your source? My guess is that they mixed up Iraq and Iran.

Given that you obviously did a cut-and-paste, do you want to provide your source? My guess is that they mixed up Iraq and Iran.

They're claiming Obama gave Iran 150 bil, by releasing previously frozen funds as part of the Iran nuclear deal. Aka, he gave them 150 bil by lifting sanctions.

150 billion, unknown quantities of American uranium funneled out of the country, etc...........

Iran deal was nothing more than extortion of the Obama administration for having let Uranium One deal go through. Once you take the dirty money, you're compromised.

Now you know why they couldn't let Trump win/take/stay in office. They never thought she'd lose.

150 billion, unknown quantities of American uranium funneled out of the country, etc...........

Iran deal was nothing more than extortion of the Obama administration for having let Uranium One deal go through. Once you take the dirty money, you're compromised.

Now you know why they couldn't let Trump win/take/stay in office. They never thought she'd lose.

Got it. Changing the discussion.

Trump was clearly the adult in this room. :thumbsup:

So, you never did provide a source for this. I will help you out on it. It came from our Tweeter-in-Chief. It is also flat out wrong on a variety of points that you won't admit, so I am not sure it is worth mentioning. Specifically:

- the money is supposedly funds that were released to Iran as part of a nuclear deal (that Trump canceled even though it appeared Iran was in compliance at the time)

- the money was not US funds, but Iran's own funds that had been frozen due to sanctions going back many years

- the money was not in US banks and under our control. Most of it was in foreign banks that we had no say in (for example, Chinese banks)

- the real value was closer to $50B (again of Iran's own funds) and some say it was even much lower than that

- No taxpayer money was given to Iran, although I think that there was less than $2B in funds where it could be stated we paid them for releasing some hostages. That was one fishy and a bad idea by Obama IMO

The reality is that Trump is asking taxpayers to give him $5B for his wall just this year (and probably more than $25B when all is said and done) and his tweeting of $150B being given to Iran by the Obama Administration is more fake news from him.

Let's not even get into the point of it probably not being feasible to build the wall anyway within Trump's presidency. Much like our crippling debt, he won't be around to see it anyway. :lol:

The $1.7B or the mythical $150B?

The money on the pallets that nobody knew about.

The money on the pallets that nobody knew about.

Must be the money that was Iran's in the first place and was awarded back to them by the Hague tribunal. :thumbsup:

Must be the money that was Iran's in the first place and was awarded back to them by the Hague tribunal. :thumbsup:

Not the question. Why cash in different denominations on a pallet? How about a wire transfer?

Not the question. Why cash in different denominations on a pallet? How about a wire transfer?

Again, you are avoiding the whole discussion. We already went through the Iran thing a while ago and it was shady and a bad deal by Obama. However, we didn't give them $150B like the Twitter-in-Chief stated. That is the whole point of the thread.

So, you never did provide a source for this. I will help you out on it. It came from our Tweeter-in-Chief. It is also flat out wrong on a variety of points that you won't admit, so I am not sure it is worth mentioning. Specifically:

- the money is supposedly funds that were released to Iran as part of a nuclear deal (that Trump canceled even though it appeared Iran was in compliance at the time)

- the money was not US funds, but Iran's own funds that had been frozen due to sanctions going back many years

- the money was not in US banks and under our control. Most of it was in foreign banks that we had no say in (for example, Chinese banks)

- the real value was closer to $50B (again of Iran's own funds) and some say it was even much lower than that

- No taxpayer money was given to Iran, although I think that there was less than $2B in funds where it could be stated we paid them for releasing some hostages. That was one fishy and a bad idea by Obama IMO

The reality is that Trump is asking taxpayers to give him $5B for his wall just this year (and probably more than $25B when all is said and done) and his tweeting of $150B being given to Iran by the Obama Administration is more fake news from him.

Let's not even get into the point of it probably not being feasible to build the wall anyway within Trump's presidency. Much like our crippling debt, he won't be around to see it anyway. :lol:

I love all the "I think", and "supposedly", and "some say" and "probably", and "fake news" references you throw out there in an attempt to lay out facts.

CNN again working its best on some of the libs in this country. Proof positive right here. :lol:

Again, you are avoiding the whole discussion. We already went through the Iran thing a while ago and it was shady and a bad deal by Obama. However, we didn't give them $150B like the Twitter-in-Chief stated. That is the whole point of the thread.

I'm not avoiding anything. I haven't disputed it was their money. I only wonder about the manner in which it was delivered. Any thoughts? It's kinda weird that they didn't just do a money transfer, right?

Democrats are throwing away their leverage, insisting that they will never -- under any circumstances -- give Trump the wall he so desperately wants. The reason? Because he wants it and they despise him.

There is a name for this in negotiating strategy as well. It's called "insanity."

Well the money changed hands so what really happened?

I'm not avoiding anything. I haven't disputed it was their money. I only wonder about the manner in which it was delivered. Any thoughts? It's kinda weird that they didn't just do a money transfer, right?

And PFB takes a powder.

Yes, it was in our hands now it is in theirs.

Which is not true. It was never $150B and it was never in our hands. It was in banks of various countries.

And PFB takes a powder.

No powder. We just werent talking about the same things. I still dont think we are on the same page.

Which money are we talking about? Are we talking about the mythical $150B? Are we talking about $400M?

Why dont we just bump that other thread instead of derailing this one?

No powder. We just werent talking about the same things. I still dont think we are on the same page.

Which money are we talking about? Are we talking about the mythical $150B? Are we talking about $400M?

Why dont we just bump that other thread instead of derailing this one?

The 400m. Why in different denominations and why not a wire transfer?

The 400m. Why in different denominations and why not a wire transfer?

I think it started out as $400m and ended at $1.7B in cash after interest. We sold them arms before we broke relations but never delivered anything. So an international court ruled we owed them money.

I have no idea why it was in cash and why it wasnt in US dollars. I wasnt there.

Why do you think it was in cash?

I think it started out as $400m and ended at $1.7B in cash after interest. We sold them arms before we broke relations but never delivered anything. So an international court ruled we owed them money.

I have no idea why it was in cash and why it wasnt in US dollars. I wasnt there.

Why do you think it was in cash?

Because someone wanted it that way. I'd say the someone who finances terrorism and steals from their own people did. How about you? Any theories?

Because someone wanted it that way. I'd say the someone who finances terrorism and steals from their own people did. How about you? Any theories?

Could be that they didnt have much success with banks and didnt trust a wire. Could be that they needed it for hookers and heroin or terrorists.

What does it have to do with the wall?

Could be that they didnt have much success with banks and didnt trust a wire. Could be that they needed it for hookers and heroin or terrorists.

What does it have to do with the wall?

Stop deflecting man. Obama gave the worst people on the planet and our number one enemy an easy way to disperse that cash for the bad they intend. Just so he could get a foreign policy "win" for his legacy. He failed.

Stop deflecting man. Obama gave the worst people on the planet and our number one enemy an easy way to disperse that cash for the bad they intend. Just so he could get a foreign policy "win" for his legacy. He failed.

No deflection. I dont agree with the deal now and said so then. Obama messed that one up.

I dont know what it has to deal with this Presidents Wall folly. Last I checked, that is what this thread is about.

No deflection. I dont agree with the deal now and said so then. Obama messed that one up.

I dont know what it has to deal with this Presidents Wall folly. Last I checked, that is what this thread is about.

Yeah, damn it...stop deflecting from the deflection. :nono:

Which is not true. It was never $150B and it was never in our hands. It was in banks of various countries.

did we collect it and then fly it in on pallets ?

did we collect it and then fly it in on pallets ?

From what I remember, we flew it in over 2 separate payments ($400m and $1.3B).

Again, what does it have to do with the Wall.

From what I remember, we flew it in over 2 separate payments ($400m and $1.3B).

Again, what does it have to do with the Wall.

I dont know I'm not the one defending Barry setting the precedent of giving criminals, our enemy "their" money back.

I don't think the Gambino family got their cash back from the government.

:dunno:

I dont know I'm not the one defending Barry setting the precedent of giving criminals, our enemy "their" money back.

I don't think the Gambino family got their cash back from the government.

:dunno:

Read above. I wasnt defending Obama. Like I said then, I think Obama screwed the pooch on the deal. However, that is not the discussion in this thread.