Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

Is this guy serious?

I thought i was for catastrophic care through a single payer system, but as i think about it, say the cap was 100k of cost to get to the 'catastrophic' threshold... All that will happen is everyone will be trying to lay on costs to get above that hurdle rate so that everything else is free...

Im not sure that the same issues as any other system would come up on this system.

You and I have a fundamental difference of opinion on what types of changes should be made to our health care system. It seems that neither of us is going to budge on that. And that's fine. I disagree with single payer but acknowledge it as one type of health care system. It's just not one I want. At some point you just cut your losses. I think the topic of how we can reform our current system is a good topic for discussion. Obamacare has a good change of being overturned. If that happens we'll be back at the drawing board. Given that he would have passed single payer if he thought that was possible it's reasonable to assume that single payer will not be the route we head down should Obamacare be overturned. If we did go single payer I don't know that we can ever envision how it might be implemented given how they bastardized the bill they did pass just to get the votes to pass it. So it seems to me that looking at the current system's shortcomings and trying to come to some type of agreement on changes that would improve it is worthwhile. But, since you seem only interested in discussing reforms within the framework of single payer we come to a standstill. And I'm sick of arguing the semantics of what single payer means. So, until you entice me with something worthy of discussion I'll continue to pretty much ignore your posts on this particular issue.

I was asking for a link concerning the privatization of healthcare worldwide, ostensibly due to centralized healthcare bankrupting countries. This will allow me to judge the pros/cons of different systems when thinking about the reform of our own.

I thought i was for catastrophic care through a single payer system, but as i think about it, say the cap was 100k of cost to get to the 'catastrophic' threshold... All that will happen is everyone will be trying to lay on costs to get above that hurdle rate so that everything else is free...

Im not sure that the same issues as any other system would come up on this system.

Why would anyone want to go $100K into debt related to injury/illness? Healthcare is a product we all need, but largely avoid consumption until it is forced upon us. This is why free market assumptions about it don't work so well.

I was asking for a link concerning the privatization of healthcare worldwide, ostensibly due to centralized healthcare bankrupting countries. This will allow me to judge the pros/cons of different systems when thinking about the reform of our own.

That's nice. If I thought it would make a difference I would enlighten you. However, I don't believe that to be the case. Fortunately for you, Google is your friend. If you edumucate yourself and still want to move forward post something interesting.

That's nice. If I thought it would make a difference I would enlighten you. However, I don't believe that to be the case. Fortunately for you, Google is your friend. If you edumucate yourself and still want to move forward post something interesting.

I looked, and don't think what you said is true. Others agree. The onus isn't on me to prove your assertions BTW.

It is impossible to have reasoned debate when you cannot provide factual data. Anyone can spout off unsubstantiated opinion.

I looked, and don't think what you said is true. Others agree. The onus isn't on me to prove your assertions BTW.

It is impossible to have reasoned debate when you cannot provide factual data. Anyone can spout off unsubstantiated opinion.

Apparently you didn't look hard enough. That's on you. There's plenty of factual data out there that supports my position.

And you're the one who keeps coming back. LOL. I've tried to terminate this numerous times.

:doh:

:wave: