Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Eddie Lacy to the Seahawks

This is not the place I expected him to land.

I thought Seattle had sufficient Depth. Clearly, they are not as Happy with Rawls as I thought.

My guess is either Rawls is on the way out

or

Lacy & Rawls will have a competition during camp. Winner stays. Loser is traded or released.

I would say they didn't have good depth. Collins sucks, is an ok power back at best. Rawls is always hurt Prosise has potential, but we still aren't sure he is a 3 down back.

I think Lacy is beyond useless. He could care less that he was nearing morbidly obese territory in his contract year. I wonder how much more Charles or AP wanted. Or even Murray for that matter.

This is not the place I expected him to land.

I thought Seattle had sufficient Depth. Clearly, they are not as Happy with Rawls as I thought.

My guess is either Rawls is on the way out

or

Lacy & Rawls will have a competition during camp. Winner stays. Loser is traded or released.

I don't think they can cut Lacy at camp with this contract. I also don't think they will find a trade partner for Lacy after giving him top 10 rb money next year and with the knowledge that he just got beat out in camp.

The Seahawks had 18 guys carry the ball last year. Let that sink in..........18.

They were always going to bring in competition................the dollars sound like a lot but to put it in perspective, the off-season salary cap increased over $10 million............... risking the $3 million guaranteed on a 1 yr deal to see if Lacy can lose and keep off 30 lbs, and win a camp battle, doesn't seem outlandish. The Bears gave Marcus Wheaton $6 mil for a year, My Lord.

I don't think the contract guarantees him anything including a roster spot. The best version of Lacy, in theory, does what the Seahawks want to do well and he is still young. They are taking a shot on the upside IMO. They are a team that allows pecking order to be determined by competition on the field, I wouldn't take the contract terms too far.

Great, got Rawls and Prosise in a keeper league. I'll now have to keep Tyrell Williams it looks like.

When do you have to make that call?

When do you have to make that call?

August 1 so a lot can happen obviously. Its full point PPR but I fear Tyrell won't repeat what he did in 2016 with Keenan Allen coming back.

Great, got Rawls and Prosise in a keeper league. I'll now have to keep Tyrell Williams it looks like.

Probably not such a bad thing. I am going to be deciding between Tyrell Williams at $3, Davante Adams at $3 or Doug Baldwin at $12. Baldwin is probably the safest, and his upside is just as big as the other two. So the $9 difference seems worth it. If I didn't have Baldwin, I wouldn't mind keeping Williams. I already have him in all 3 dynasties so it's probably safest to diversify.

August 1 so a lot can happen obviously. Its full point PPR but I fear Tyrell won't repeat what he did in 2016 with Keenan Allen coming back.

I would not fear that in the least. In fact, if anything it gives the defense another legit receiver to cover. I am a full believer that unless we are talking about Julio Jones, Odell Beckham type receivers, it's never a bad thing to have two legit options to take coverage away from each other. The only instance where I am really seeing it not work out is with Cooper. They lover them some Crabtree over there. Now Patterson is on the team. It will be interesting to see how that shakes out. I know they like Roberts a lot as their #3, but I think they could do better.

You were right the first time, Aug 1st is tough because the first pre-season game isn't even until after then. We'll get blurbs and have some info but given Lacy is a vet RB and has the guaranteed $$ unless he implodes (actually perhaps explodes, as in 280 in his case lol) the depth chart is not shaking out by then. It seems like planning on TW being the choice of the 3 would be smart at this point.

I don't get this move by the Seahawks.

I don't like it and I don't think Lacy is all that committed to the game.

Prosise is the only Hawks Rb I like at this time.

I read that Lacy was at 267 lbs when sign on my soul.

F0ck my life. This was my biggest fear when Lang snubbed us for Detroit. He would've been a great player, but also ate up most of our spending money. Losing out on him means we do have money to spend. And spend on crap it is.

I don't get this move by the Seahawks.

I don't like it and I don't think Lacy is all that committed to the game.

Prosise is the only Hawks Rb I like at this time.

I read that Lacy was at 267 lbs when sign on my soul.

Yeah 30 pounds is a hell of a lot of weight to lose and then keep off. He couldn't keep it off when it was the most important time in his career to do so. I wouldn't even waste my time if I were the Seahawks. Why would he start to care now? Although if I am Lacy I would make a push at one final deal and try to stop eating myself out of the NFL for just a few more years. That way I would have enough money to eat myself stupid every single night and not have to worry about getting a post NFL job just to support my luscious diet.

This has Darrel Bevel written all over it. He can't stand the idea of not having a power back to run his offense through, when his offense has only thrived when Marshawn Lynch was around, or when Wilson is slinging the rock around. They should be forming their offense around an air attack and taking advantage of Wilson's great passing ability. Bevel isn't flexible enough to do so. Why didn't they fire him??? His misuse of Graham alone should have gotten him fired. The GM had to be going nuts watching Graham try to block more than he was running routes. I don't care if the line is porous. Graham blocking isn't going to help.

I would say they didn't have good depth. Collins sucks, is an ok power back at best. Rawls is always hurt Prosise has potential, but we still aren't sure he is a 3 down back.

I think Lacy is beyond useless. He could care less that he was nearing morbidly obese territory in his contract year. I wonder how much more Charles or AP wanted. Or even Murray for that matter.

This is legit. Rawls and Prosise are always hurt, and Collins sucks.

It's a Lacy/Rawls/Prosise 3 headed monster fellas. Carroll will just ride the hot hand, and fantasy wise you'll never know who to start. Stay away.

Ugh.

So disappointed and upset with this move. It makes no sense to me, whatsoever.

Seriously, what the hell?

Edit: Heh

Mike Tanier

It's the #Seahawks. Bulking up to play right tackle is always an option.

Yeah 30 pounds is a hell of a lot of weight to lose and then keep off. He couldn't keep it off when it was the most important time in his career to do so. I wouldn't even waste my time if I were the Seahawks. Why would he start to care now? Although if I am Lacy I would make a push at one final deal and try to stop eating myself out of the NFL for just a few more years. That way I would have enough money to eat myself stupid every single night and not have to worry about getting a post NFL job just to support my luscious diet.

Not only that, but if you lose weight that quickly it's not healthy for a person.

Of course, it depends on the situation. if 10-15 lbs of that is water weight, that portion could come off quickly.

but the rest comes off only with hard work and watching what you eat.

I know he did P-90X last summer. But I did some research on it, and yes, you can lose weight quickly, but the amount you hit the gym is unreal.

I'm questioning whether this is effectively overtraining and forcing yourself to lose a pile of weight (which can and does happen when you overtrain).

He could (in theory) lose the weight, but then (due to overtraining) lose a lot of the strength and agility that made him a top RB.

I guess the first step is losing the weight. Let's see what happens.

F0ck my life. This was my biggest fear when Lang snubbed us for Detroit. He would've been a great player, but also ate up most of our spending money. Losing out on him means we do have money to spend. And spend on crap it is.

At least the financial hit is not quite as bad when it's parsed out:

Jason La Canfora

SEA deal w/Eddie Lacy includes $385K in weight bonuses, $1M tied to weekly roster bonuses and $1.3M in not likely to be earned incentives...

Danny Kelly

"Not likely to be earned" incentives don't count against the cap initially

You just watch. He has a really good year. We then sign him to a long term deal next year. He then eats himself out of the league and we're stuck paying the guy.

You just watch. He has a really good year. We then sign him to a long term deal next year. He then eats himself out of the league and we're stuck paying the guy.

I guess it's possible. Maybe he thought he could play fat last year, which didn't work out. Now he remains determined to get that one big contract and stays un morbidly obese for one season. Although that Seattle Oline absolutely needs to get better for that tub of butter to even have a chance.

Okay, now this is interesting: a perspective/comparison of Lynch and Lacy.

In his first two seasons with the Buffalo Bills, Marshawn Lynch rushed for 2,151 yards with 15 touchdowns on 4.1 yards per carry. In Eddie Lacy’s first two seasons with the Green Bay Packers, he rushed for 2,317 yards with 20 touchdowns on 4.6 yards per carry. In Lynch’s third season, he was suspended for three games and lost playing time to Fred Jackson, and he only rushed for 450 yards. In his fourth season, he was traded to the Seattle Seahawks to play in Pete Carroll’s system designed just for a back like him.

In Lacy’s third season, weight problems really began to take a toll and he lost starts and playing time to James Starks, rushing only for 758 yards and three touchdowns. In his fourth season, he was looking better on 5.1 yards per carry before going on injured reserve after only five games. The weird thing about the Lynch-Lacy comparison that we sort of forget because of how great Lynch became in Seattle: Lacy arrives as potentially a better prospect at running back than when Lynch was traded to the Seahawks in 2010...

Read on: http://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/3/15/14937290/eddie-lacy-seahawks-marshawn-lynch-like-revival-of-career

It's truly possible that he could turn it around and become very successful with the Seahawks.

But I'm not sold that he is really all that dedicated to making himself the best he can be.

But this move could indeed fire him up.

Can't wait to see him in some preseason games.

Here is the thing though, the offense was set up for Lynch and at the time it was the right thing to do. Russell Wilson is an elite passers imo with zero time to pass. If they want to run a power offense again, they are setting themselves back big time. I think it's a colossal mistake, but it's very possible they go this route since Bevel is a piss poor offensive coordinator. Somehow the offense regressed this past year. Part of it was blocking, and part was Bevel not compensating in the least for the poor blocking.

Since last year should have been the ultimate motivator, I don't think a comp to Lynch is much of a correlation. It is interesting to read and an interesting angle, I just doubt it applies at all. If the offense does try to ride behind Eddie Lacy... it's just not good for the NFL which already saw a ratings dip last year. Any Bevel fans, please enjoy this as his last season as OC. After he butchers yet another year he should be gone, though I would have fired him after last seasons debacle.

Here is the thing though, the offense was set up for Lynch and at the time it was the right thing to do. Russell Wilson is an elite passers imo with zero time to pass. If they want to run a power offense again, they are setting themselves back big time. I think it's a colossal mistake, but it's very possible they go this route since Bevel is a piss poor offensive coordinator. Somehow the offense regressed this past year. Part of it was blocking, and part was Bevel not compensating in the least for the poor blocking.

Since last year should have been the ultimate motivator, I don't think a comp to Lynch is much of a correlation. It is interesting to read and an interesting angle, I just doubt it applies at all. If the offense does try to ride behind Eddie Lacy... it's just not good for the NFL which already saw a ratings dip last year. Any Bevel fans, please enjoy this as his last season as OC. After he butchers yet another year he should be gone, though I would have fired him after last seasons debacle.

Yes. It regressed bigtime - until at the very end of the season, when they brought Marcel Reece onboard. IF they re-sign him (and they'd damn-well better), I could see it working. He really is that much of a difference-maker.

But if they don't re-sign him, damn...

Yes. It regressed bigtime - until at the very end of the season, when they brought Marcel Reece onboard. IF they re-sign him (and they'd damn-well better), I could see it working. He really is that much of a difference-maker.

I have been a huge fan of his for a while. A criminally underused player. How well he caught the ball and how fluid he moved at his size, idk why he wasn't used more. I wouldn't have attempted to feature him at some point. Every time he was asked to be the starter he seemed to do well, so idk why he didn't get a better chance.

• Like 1

Russel Wilson being hurt was a huge part of the reason the Hawks offense was so worthless most of the season. Without him being able to escape the rush and improvise, the o-line flaws were magnified. Without the threat of him rushing in designed plays as well as scrambles, defenses had a lot easier time defending the offense. If he's healthy and the o-line improves at all, the offense should get back on track next year. It was looking a bit better at the end of last year when he took off the bulky knee brace. Of course, the poor line play will put him at greater risk for future injuries.

I don't think they're going to feature any RB specifically. All 3 have talent and will share the load. RBs get hurt and you need several good ones to get through a season. Someone could separate themselves from the pack early in the season and manage to stay healthy but my guess is a timeshare.

I'm totally on board with re-signing my fellow UW Husky alum Reece too. He was a great addition indeed!

• Like 1

Russel Wilson being hurt was a huge part of the reason the Hawks offense was so worthless most of the season. Without him being able to escape the rush and improvise, the o-line flaws were magnified. Without the threat of him rushing in designed plays as well as scrambles, defenses had a lot easier time defending the offense. If he's healthy and the o-line improves at all, the offense should get back on track next year. It was looking a bit better at the end of last year when he took off the bulky knee brace. Of course, the poor line play will put him at greater risk for future injuries.

I don't think they're going to feature any RB specifically. All 3 have talent and will share the load. RBs get hurt and you need several good ones to get through a season. Someone could separate themselves from the pack early in the season and manage to stay healthy but my guess is a timeshare.

I'm totally on board with re-signing my fellow UW Husky alum Reece too. He was a great addition indeed!

Wilson's injury definitely hindered the offense for a while. The line was so bad last year though that even when he was moving around fine he still had a rough go of making it work. Bevel never compensated for any of it.

Really they should be running some kind of short pass game, or at least setting up the big play with shorter routes. There are a lot of quick receivers who can get open underneath. Idk if that is particularly their game, but they should have implemented more of it last year.

Think I'll stay away from this rb situation until it clears up a bit or Lacy's at the steakhouse every night for dinner,lol.I still think Rawls has a good shot but having 2 decent rb's in Atlanta didn't hurt them. Lacy surely would be goal line guy & then have Rawls between the 20's which will limit his td's. Hope it works out for the Seahags,oops 49ers fan, just not when they play us. Russell Wilson is always the one that kicks our arse.

Think I'll stay away from this rb situation until it clears up a bit or Lacy's at the steakhouse every night for dinner,lol.I still think Rawls has a good shot but having 2 decent rb's in Atlanta didn't hurt them. Lacy surely would be goal line guy & then have Rawls between the 20's which will limit his td's. Hope it works out for the Seahags,oops 49ers fan, just not when they play us. Russell Wilson is always the one that kicks our arse.

I think Rawls has talent. It's not about talent though. He is as injury prone a player as there is. I know I tried to buy him last year and the price was pretty high from his owners. Now I wouldn't give up much, nor would I want to use up a roster space on him if my team was pretty loaded.

Prosise is the Rb to target.

Bad enuff to monitor a 2 rb situation but now 3 because I forgot about Prosise. Yes Rawls has talent & injury issues as well to watch. I'll keep an eye on it but plenty other backs to keep track of. Hopefully things become clearer during tc.

Taking Prosise in ppr.

I think the other two will both be sharing if they both stay healthy.

I'm sure that's what the Hawks are thinking also when they sign Lacy.

Prosise is the Rb to target.

Maybe maybe not.

at this point there are enough RB's that I would legitimately classify this as a 3 headed committee.

Prosise may get more 3rd down reps as a pass catching RB or playing in the hurry up offense, but that is still a relatively small piece of the pie.

If his run game comes along a bit, he certainly has the highest upside of the 3 RB's but it may be another year until that becomes a reality.

That being said, Rawls and Lacy havnt been able to stay healthy for the full season last year, if this is an ongoing issue, Prosise will certainly get more work.

I will watch the situation closely in preseason, but right now this is a tough race to call.

Funny because Prosise wasn't able to stay healthy last season also.

So like you said it's up in the air.

I like Prosise over the other two, because all the leagues I'm in are ppr leagues.

Plus I can't seem to come to terms that either Lacy or Rawls are worthy of a Rb1 or Rb2 ranking.

But I can see ranking Prosise as a Rb3 and that in its self makes him more worthy to me.

Lacy is gonna suck so bad. Worse than he always had.

Lacy is gonna suck so bad. Worse than he always had.

You're a poet (if you didn't know it).

!!