Sign in to follow this  
Moemoney

UPDATE: Possibility of a Zeke suspension? - Allowed to play Wk 7

Where are all the trolls that were bothered by this post initially? Sometimes, where there's smoke, there's fire!! Now, who's the damn backup lol?!

Would you rather have Morris or Mack? McFadden is already rostered.

It is a pain to have only McFadden.

It is a pain to have only Morris.

I have both.

Pass the Tylenol.

I got offered Elliot and and Tyrell Williams for Hunt and Michael Thomas today. I countered with LeSean McCoy and and Michael Thomas for Elliot and Keenan Allen. Dude passed and resubmitted the original offer which I rejected. Cue up some :music_guitarred: while I dance my jig.

Thank god too.....the Elliott owner in our league was just decimating everyone.

Like a full 100 points better than the 2nd place person...me....in 5 games.

I Drafted ALF late and then dropped him......quickly picked him back up today!

McFadden has had his chance and he sucked. I think Alf is the guy and with the long runs he has had, the Boys will play him.

Let's hope the suspension sticks as this circus train needs to stop for everyone's benefit. Even Fat face Zeke as this being dragged out is screwing him up.

I picked up Morris. Rotoworld reporting it may be a committee approach with Alf being the slightly better add. I'd be ok if that's the case. Wk 7 DAL plays 29th ranked run D SF. I'd put my money on Alf outperforming McFadden in tht easy matchup and taking the lead role something like 70/30 until week 13.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11265/ezekiel-elliott

I picked up Morris. Rotoworld reporting it may be a committee approach with Alf being the slightly better add. I'd be ok if that's the case. Wk 7 DAL plays 29th ranked run D SF. I'd put my money on Alf outperforming McFadden in tht easy matchup and taking the lead role something like 70/30 until week 13.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11265/ezekiel-elliott

That makes the most sense, McFadden is a straight ahead sprinter-type, not real shifty and he's had his chance.

just checked on dallas website...depth chart shows mcfadden #2 behind zeke.....never checked before but is that new or was he always listed 2nd....

I Drafted ALF late and then dropped him......quickly picked him back up today!

McFadden has had his chance and he sucked. I think Alf is the guy and with the long runs he has had, the Boys will play him.

Let's hope the suspension sticks as this circus train needs to stop for everyone's benefit. Even Fat face Zeke as this being dragged out is screwing him up.

McFadden was great when he had his chance actually.

McFadden had always been listed as the backup on the cowboys site, even when he wasnt dressed. Not sure what to make of it

just checked on dallas website...depth chart shows mcfadden #2 behind zeke.....never checked before but is that new or was he always listed 2nd....

This is the week 1 depth chart and McFadden was listed as #2 behind Zeke even then. I think he was inactive too, so the fact he's listed as the #2 now probably means nothing.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2017/9/6/16262170/official-dallas-cowboys-depth-chart-for-week-1-vs-new-york-giants-kellen-moore-no-2-qb

Ultimately, I cannot believe Alf won't be involved somehow. Hopefully the lead, but how can they just inactivate him and activate McFadden, who hasn't played a snap all year? Makes no sense.

I think you guys are jumping the guns a bit. Even on Rotor, it clearly stated that Zeke can files appeals.

The whole thing is basically means they have to trial in NY instead of Texas.

McFadden had always been listed as the backup on the cowboys site, even when he wasnt dressed. Not sure what to make of it

This was an ingredient in my speculation they could be "saving him" for this scenario. He's no spring chicken and he got hurt trying to catch his falling phone not that long ago. I just tried to think through the reasons why he would be inactive. Another possibility is they were still hoping to trade Alf and needed him to be seen.

Nobody knows how it shakes out, could easily be a trio for that matter.

I think you guys are jumping the guns a bit. Even on Rotor, it clearly stated that Zeke can files appeals.

The whole thing is basically means they have to trial in NY instead of Texas.

FWIW, I still think there is better than 50-50 he plays out the season but its not jumping the gun to grab a cuff now that there is a realistic chance he may not play the next 6 weeks. Even better, we should have the answer in the next 2 weeks so they'd be easy drops.

Its fair to take a shot now that this news is out, but again we don 't know who it will be, if it is mostly one, or some type of split. If it is one whether they will be effective, or even keep the job once they have it.

I wouldn't drop a starter to make the pickup, that would be jumping the gun

it's because morris plays on ST

This was an ingredient in my speculation they could be "saving him" for this scenario. He's no spring chicken and he got hurt trying to catch his falling phone not that long ago. I just tried to think through the reasons why he would be inactive. Another possibility is they were still hoping to trade Alf and needed him to be seen.

Nobody knows how it shakes out, could easily be a trio for that matter.

FWIW, I still think there is better than 50-50 he plays out the season but its not jumping the gun to grab a cuff now that there is a realistic chance he may not play the next 6 weeks. Even better, we should have the answer in the next 2 weeks so they'd be easy drops.

Its fair to take a shot now that this news is out, but again we don 't know who it will be, if it is mostly one, or some type of split. If it is one whether they will be effective, or even keep the job once they have it.

I wouldn't drop a starter to make the pickup, that would be jumping the gun

Agree with that. I am actually interest to see what my league would drop to pick up Morris and Fadden. Could be some good nuggets.

it's because morris plays on ST

I have seen that as speculation as well but I decided it didn't ring true to me..........it's a free country.

I have read the reasoning now on the the 5th circuit court decision and I think there is still a better than 50-50 chance he plays out this season

They lifted the injunction based on the NFLPA having filed too early (pre arbitrator decision) and jurisdiction (wrong court). They did not shoot down the reasoning Mazzant had for awarding the injunction in the first place. Its very possible to probable another court will see the same reasons Mazzant did to award another injunction .

It is also still probable Elliott will serve this 6 games at some point however, so he and the Cowboys may decide not to fight any further, we shall see.

Dude who got Zeke in my league is a total ass. I've been praying for this day since the draft. What a great day to be alive! :banana:

I have seen that as speculation as well but I decided it didn't ring true to me..........it's a free country.

I have read the reasoning now on the the 5th circuit court decision and I think there is still a better than 50-50 chance he plays out this season

They lifted the injunction based on the NFLPA having filed too early (pre arbitrator decision) and jurisdiction (wrong court). They did not shoot down the reasoning Mazzant had for awarding the injunction in the first place. Its very possible to probable another court will see the same reasons Mazzant did to award another injunction .

It is also still probable Elliott will serve this 6 games at some point however, so he and the Cowboys may decide not to fight any further, we shall see.

In case anybody else out there, like me, has an unhealthy interest in the twisting, turning road this case is following.

Link to the ruling.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5uKKcnNOQq3MXZ4YnZrMXJBdm8/view

Cowboys will definitely fight it. They are sitting at 2-3, unless they plan to give up the season, they need all the help they can get. If they were sitting at 10-0 then that's a different story.

I picked up McFadden earlier today which is the back I wanted; Morris was picked up about 15 minutes before. I dropped Bobby Wagner, we have one IDP. I picked up CJ Mosley already to cover Wagner's bye as I didn't want to drop him. I'll try and get him back after this week. The guy who picked up Alfred Morris dropped Paul Perkins.

Cowboys will definitely fight it. They are sitting at 2-3, unless they plan to give up the season, they need all the help they can get. If they were sitting at 10-0 then that's a different story.

Agree with this idea ...............mostly, but just less certain. This week's result could be important. If they lose this week which is very realistic, they drop to 2-4.

If they also believe Zeke will lose eventually and serve his 6 games next year, as is consensus, they have a choice to take it this year where the playoffs is a serious uphill climb anyway but knowing they can come back next year with a full season of Zeke and a fresh start.

There are also less likely possibilities, including they could also just be kicking the decision down the road this year, even into the playoffs.

I consider the Cowboys a party to it all as Zeke's employer knowing they have a strong influence but in the end Zeke has the final say, the NFLPA has an interest in court on his behalf, and in reality on behalf of all NFL players.

If he did anything at all to the lady in question, he needs to cut the $#!+ and sit for 6. As it stands, he's dragging down everyone with him with Jerrah riding shotgun. If he didn't, he's stuck having to keep rolling with this court stuff.

Fantasy-wise, I think it's smart money to trade whichever cowboy rb you have for the most you can get right now.

NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart confirmed Ezekiel Elliott's six-game suspension is now in effect.

Elliott is now suspended, Lockhart said. He will not play over the next six games unless there's some other affirmative judgement. With another nine days before the Cowboys play their next game, it's very possible there is other affirmative judgement coming, but we don't have law degrees here at Rotoworld and are fighting through the verbiage with the rest of you. For now, Elliott owners need to be making plans to not have him until Week 13, but that's not set in stone. Darren McFadden and Alfred Morris need to be added in all formats.

So I'm guessing that in the interim, he can't practice with the team

Dealt morris and mcfadden for Golden Tate.

Im not dealing with this nonsense. Id suggest others get while you can.

Dealt morris and mcfadden for Golden Tate.

Im not dealing with this nonsense. Id suggest others get while you can.

Eh, I can wait a week. Particularly now that Kelce is trending towards playing, it's likely I can drop ASJ over the weekend and grab up (yet another fricking) RB speculation. I have the roster space for DMC right now, and I don't think anyone will be looking to trade for him before we see what's what week 7. But I understand you feeling the way you do too. Good luck :)