Sign in to follow this  
Reality

2018 NBA playoffs

Im a UNC and Jordan fanboy. Hell I lived in Wilmington, NC for years (where he grew up). So I dont say this lightly.

I think its time. I wasnt ever really ready, like seriously ready to say it. But.... LeBron > MJ

Its happened

You can have him. Ill take Jordan

Thats fine, there is no wrong answer. Well between those two. The real debate is whos third. A half dozen guys could be argued there. But I digress.

Jordan was better. Lebron has taken too many nights off

Huh?

Hes played all 82 games this season plus playoffs.

Hes been one of the most durable players ever.

WTF?

Huh?

Hes played all 82 games this season plus playoffs.

Hes been one of the most durable players ever.

WTF?

Apathetic play = taking a game off.

I am not talking Spurs-like taking a game off where the guy sits. I am talking about a guy sitting when his team needs him.

Wow, the east is focking HORRIBLE. GS gets an ugly sweep in the finals. BOOOOOOOOORING

Im super impressed with Boston.

Most notably:

1. Danny Ainge - dude has killed it

2. Jayson Tatum

3. Terry Rozier

Wow, the east is focking HORRIBLE. GS gets an ugly sweep in the finals. BOOOOOOOOORING

Quoted for posterity

Quoted for posterity

Please don't tell me you think Bawston has a shot. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely impressed with what they are doing but come on man. Maybe next year if they are healthy.

Please don't tell me you think Bawston has a shot. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely impressed with what they are doing but come on man. Maybe next year if they are healthy.

Agreed. I don't think they even win this series. Playing with house money, but I think they have grit. They welcome the challenge. Not a championship team, but the kids are getting HUGE experience and delivering.

Jordan was better. Lebron has taken too many nights off

Didn't Jordan take 2 years off?

You guys were right. Same old Raptors. Can't beat LeBron.

Brad Stevens is the best coach in the NBA. What a job he's doing with the Celtics.

Did Ben Simmons seriously score 1 point in a playoff game?

:lol: :lol:

Im super impressed with Boston.

Most notably:.

1. Danny Ainge - dude has killed it

1a. Not drafting that stiff Fultz

2. Jayson Tatum

3. Terry Rozier

:thumbsup:

Awful.

Ben Simmons was terrible. I got be Brett credit for benching him for TJ McConnell. TJ was legit better and should have finished the game. Sixers badly showing their immaturity and the Celtics are far deeper, play tough and theyre extremely well coached. The silver lining to me is the Sixers youth and the fact that if they lose this badly, the GM will be more likely to make a hard push for LeBron, PJ or Kahwi.

Very very frustrating and disappointing game. :wall:

Did Ben Simmons seriously score 1 point in a playoff game?

:lol: :lol:

did he shoot 9 free throws to get it?

Celts in 5? Won't be Sixers in 5

Okay - 6.

Go Bucks.

he knew to be scared.

he knew to be scared.

I was rooting for a 7 game series.

Celtics are a really good deep team. I dont see them beating GSW or HOU but they could beat the Cavs this year.

Sixers are an immature team with some serious holes to fill. On to Game 3.

Celtics are a really good deep team. I dont see them beating GSW or HOU but they could beat the Cavs this year.

I don't care who wins, but you won the super bowl, stop being greedy

We get a championship once every 15 years or so around here. :(

Says a focking Boston fan.

Youve had what, five Super Bowls, two World Series, and nba title or two, and a Stanley cup or two, all in the last what, 15 years?

Youve had what, five Super Bowls, two World Series, and nba title or two, and a Stanley cup or two, all in the last what, 15 years?

It's been a great run, no doubt. (3 world series, 1 NBA (choked hardcore against the lakers for a 2nd) 1 NHL

It's been a great run, no doubt. (3 world series)

the highlights of my sports fandom are the 1998 bcs national title game and the 1999 super bowl appearance and loss.

Other than that we had an elite 8 appearance and a Stanley cup finals loss, but idgaf about hockey anyway.

by far this century's city of champions

i won't pretend im a nba fan. i like the sixers but probably least of 4 philly teams. anyways, i don't really get all the hype. simmons 1 focking point? that's a disgrace. the dude can't shoot at all...it's embarassing.if he doesn't develop one he'll never be great. fultz has potential to be the biggest bust of all time. and tatum laughing at him. they missed on porzingis too right? this focking process thing i dunno.

i won't pretend im a nba fan. i like the sixers but probably least of 4 philly teams. anyways, i don't really get all the hype. simmons 1 focking point? that's a disgrace. the dude can't shoot at all...it's embarassing.if he doesn't develop one he'll never be great. fultz has potential to be the biggest bust of all time. and tatum laughing at him. they missed on porzingis too right? this focking process thing i dunno.

Id say dont judge the player or team on a bad game or series. Embiid and Simmons are both arguably Top 15-20 NBA players and theyre very young / inexperienced. Going from 10-28-52 wins was huge. What they do in the offseason and how/whether Fultz develops will be huge.

Im a UNC and Jordan fanboy. Hell I lived in Wilmington, NC for years (where he grew up). So I dont say this lightly.

I think its time. I wasnt ever really ready, like seriously ready to say it. But.... LeBron > MJ

Its happened

I'll still go with Jordan number 1. During his run, the results simply felt inevitable. I have to imagine it was quite miserable for fans of teams like the Knicks, who no matter how great they thought they were and no matter what position they could get themselves into against the Bulls, if they were being honest with themselves they knew they had no real shot. To me, that subconscious (or conscious) acknowledgement that your fate against a certain athlete is inevitable is the highest form of domination. I've maybe only seen it at the very pinnacle of a given sport with Jordan, Floyd Mayweather, and Tiger in his prime. It's a feeling of resignation and hopelessness, even in a close game or possibly even a game you are winning.

That being said........I'm ready to firmly slot Lebron at #2.....In our modern information era, there will always be loud naysayers. Even Jordan would have been subjected to people trying to poke holes and make excuses for his dominance in this era.....But Lebron is amazing. Even back before the trade deadline when people were acting like they may not even make the playoffs, I was telling people that it's stupid to pick anyone over them in the East.

• Like 1

Id say dont judge the player or team on a bad game or series. Embiid and Simmons are both arguably Top 15-20 NBA players and theyre very young / inexperienced. Going from 10-28-52 wins was huge. What they do in the offseason and how/whether Fultz develops will be huge.

......and if laflop signs with philly

Basketball is still a thing?

Best regular-season ratings in 4 years. Opening weekend was the best ratings in The Last 5 Years.

You not knowing the game or liking the game or not having a team doesn't mean it's not very popular.

Best regular-season ratings in 4 years. Opening weekend was the best ratings in The Last 5 Years.

You not knowing the game or liking the game or not having a team doesn't mean it's not very popular.

The math is simple.

America has more poor people than ever.