Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Three & Four Commentary**

3.02 WR Wes "butterfingers" Welker NE

Your'e dead to me :mad:

I mean, he makes that catch 100 out of 100 times.

I know. And I fell to floor and cried like a baby when that one went through his hands :wall:

Fumbles already been otc for more than 5 minutes. Should we start looking for an alternate?

;)

I know. And I fell to floor and cried like a baby when that one went through his hands :wall:

I had all the cash in my wallet on the Pats...trust me, I was right there with you.

I mean, he makes that catch 100 out of 100 times.

Nah. He gets the bad press on that because of his ridiculous totals, but he is typically hit in stride, not behind him and over his head.

Blame the QB. :ninja:

Nah. He gets the bad press on that because of his ridiculous totals, but he is typically hit in stride, not behind him and over his head.

Blame the QB. :ninja:

Yep (see first post in Rnd3 pick thread)

Fitzgerald wAs the WR I considered at 2.1

And who I flip-flopped with Forte at 2.06.

That's a steal for Fumble in non-ppr. Even with teh shakey QB play in ARI, the rookie should immediately draw coverage away from Fitz.

And at my 2.03. If this had been a real draft, I'd have been trying to trade into the 3.01/3.02 spot.

And who I flip-flopped with Forte at 2.06.

That's a steal for Fumble in non-ppr. Even with teh shakey QB play in ARI, the rookie should immediately draw coverage away from Fitz.

Fitz is a sick.....sick...sick...pick at 3.04, and I was salivating over the chance at him so late; but Andre Johnson is a fair compensation for missing on Fitz. Both WR's are easily strong second round picks.

Man, who would have thought, Andre Johnson, a man people were arguing as a #1 pick last season, is going to be a 3rd rounder for most of the season.

Man, who would have thought, Andre Johnson, a man people were arguing as a #1 pick last season, is going to be a 3rd rounder for most of the season.

It's really amazing how quickly and sharply some of the tried and true talents can drop. I think he will be a steal this season. Fitz should trend up over time, but I think AJ is stuck in the lower second, early third....

Fitz is a sick.....sick...sick...pick at 3.04, and I was salivating over the chance at him so late; but Andre Johnson is a fair compensation for missing on Fitz. Both WR's are easily strong second round picks.

I like AJ over Fitz by quite a bit. Both would be a fine #1Wr. I was just about convinced he was mine since you had Calvin. Need to regroup for a few minutes.

It's really amazing how quickly and sharply some of the tried and true talents can drop. I think he will be a steal this season. Fitz should trend up over time, but I think AJ is stuck in the lower second, early third....

Oh I'm with you man. Looking back, I could have gone Fitz at 2.11 and AJ at 3.2. That would have been one hell of a WR combo.

If this was a trade able draft, I would be talking with Iceman or whitewonder about getting their 3rd rounder.

I see about 8 solid WRs left on the board I'm willing to give up the (rest of my) farm on.

Hoping he and Cutler can heat it up. Big body receiver with great yac. Sounds like that is what they want to exploit with the two streakers taking defenses deep. I hope for 10 tD's from this combo.

It was going to be SJax or Marshall. And actually happier to get SJax. I like a potential mini-rejuvination with Fischer now at HC. SJax has one more good year at RB2 left and I'm counting on him getting back into the passing game a bit more as well. He was my last RB2 quality RB on my board so happy to have him as my RB3. As has been mentioned there are still PLENTY of TEs and WRs to be had.

It was going to be SJax or Marshall. And actually happier to get SJax. I like a potential mini-rejuvination with Fischer now at HC. SJax has one more good year at RB2 left and I'm counting on him getting back into the passing game a bit more as well. He was my last RB2 quality RB on my board so happy to have him as my RB3. As has been mentioned there are still PLENTY of TEs and WRs to be had.

I left him there for you! ;)

If Clash had gotten to pick for Matt's Eagles yesterday at 2.04, he was going to take Jackson there.

It's a very good pick. Great value for one of the most underrated RBs in NFL history.

Hate to simplify things too much here, but draft position matters. This is only the second time I have picked in the top six in the eleven years that I have been in this draft. The bottom line is that you really have to work harder trying to figure things out from the bottom of the draft. My draft has been effortless so far. The picks just kind of fell into my lap so to speak.

I will take drafting #1,2, or 3 this year without any hesitation. Much easier to put a championship team together from those spots than 9,10,11, or 12.

Just noticed that you took 3 RBs in three rounds...will be eager to see how that pans out over time. In a league where we start 3 WRs, you must really think that position is indeed super deep.

Emailed my picks in for 3rd and 4th round....

Got 'em. Thanks! Hope you get who you want... :thumbsup:

Just noticed that you took 3 RBs in three rounds...will be eager to see how that pans out over time. In a league where we start 3 WRs, you must really think that position is indeed super deep.

Not my usual MO, but it's how the value fell. SJax was just too good to pass up mid-3rd even though I already had 2 RBs.

But yes, I do think WR is very deep.

This pick at 4.01 is an important one for WW....when you don't pick again until 5.12, you need to nail this one.

I have some ideas as to what he should do here, but I'll reserve them until after the pick obviously.

He is aware that he has 2 picks in a row.....right? :unsure:

ICEMAN

He is aware that he has 2 picks in a row.....right? :unsure:

ICEMAN

Haha, I found it strange that it took him that long too. Oh well, the pick has been made.

Sorry I'm at work trying to do this from my phone and i expected julio to be there. So instead ill take the risk of nicks being rusty because if he's on the field I know what to expect.

This year I think the key to the back turn is to be bold because you will miss out on all of your tiers anyway and your choice is mal a splash and go for the boom/bust or end up with a Ho hum team if you do what is "normal"

Had it down to Jordy or a RB. WR is deep this year, but starting 3 WRs, plus the no-hassle format, I felt Jordy was the better choice here.

Becoming very surprised at some of the players who are still available.

As a side, what a run on WRs (as someone predicted). 13 of the last 15 picks have been WRs.

We're running out of WRs, quick grab all you can, hurry!!!

Here's my prediction. In the next few picks a certain QB is going to be selected that is then going to start a run on QB's.

STAAAAMMMMPPPPPPEEEEEEDDDEE!!!!

ICEMAN

With such a run on RBs in the first 2 rounds, that pushes quality WRs down to rounds 3-4. Time to pick them up.

Question is: Where is it pushing the next wave at other positions?

Here's my prediction. In the next few picks a certain QB is going to be selected that is then going to start a run on QB's.

STAAAAMMMMPPPPPPEEEEEEDDDEE!!!!

ICEMAN

Exactly. I'm pretty stunned that some of the guys at the top of round four didn't look there with their picks. Everybody is hoping someone in the next tier of guys will make it back to them, I guess. Quite a risk.

Exactly. I'm pretty stunned that some of the guys at the top of round four didn't look there with their picks. Everybody is hoping someone in the next tier of guys will make it back to them, I guess. Quite a risk.

After the top 5 studs are gone, the next group of QBs are pretty similar, IMHO. It's not a position I'd take from the late 3rd to the early 5th (unless one of the studs fell).