Sign in to follow this  
cbfalcon

New music I can't stop listening to

Turbo Fruits is brand spanking new. You can't get any newer than Turbo Fruits.

Bro.

New page needs a video, so, repost!

I'm really digging that. Thanks!

I like electronic music, but I gotta have vocals. Ten minutes if beats annoys me.

I like electronic music too but I'm fine with instrumental if there's enough going on. I love the vocals on that Burial album though.

Triangulation by Scuba is sort of similar minus any words if you're interested. It's one of my favorite electronic albums of the past 10 years or so.

Not new, fairly simplistic, but I can't stop listening to them. :cheers:

Cool cross between mebbe The Offspring and Social Distortion but a tad bit lighter.

Either way, sometimes simplistic is better :headbanger:

New to me, prolly not to some of you.

Foo Fighters : Congregation (Guitar hook got me) :thumbsup:

New to me, prolly not to some of you.

Foo Fighters : Congregation (Guitar hook got me) :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :music_guitarred:

Self titled album from Clark, 2012. So not new, but awesome and recommended to other fans of Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada.

Going to see My Morning Jacket in two weeks, they're coming to Raleigh. I'm pretty pumped, never seem them live. They're out touring supporting their latest album that came out a couple months ago.

Animals as Leaders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmfzWpp0hMc

Good frined of mine (not you) turned me on to them a few months ago. Progressive as all hell, Incredible musicians :thumbsup:

Given that you like Animals, have you ever got into Dream Theater? I'll almost guarantee you Dream Theater was the main influence for Animals as Leaders.

I'm always 10 years late on cool new music... recently discovered Electric Six

Allosklar Der Kommisar?

Mister Wives. First time I heard them, I thought Deloris O'Rierdan was back and had gone pop. Very catchy tunes with a sound of their own.

I dont know if "cant stop listening" accurately describes this, since i just heard it for the first time yesterday, But i think i like it. Its got kind of a Tool sound to it. Maybe like a slightly happier Tool. And since Tool isnt due to release a new album until 2040, i guess the best we can do is listen to bands that sound like Tool.

Somebody of the indie persuasion give me something. I can get anything here, but I don't hear the "latest" on the radio like back home.

Unless by latest you mean the latest terrible chink pop. Although I will say, Chinese music videos are nice. :wub:

For all you fans of The National, Matt Berninger (lead singer) has a side project that just released an album. They are called El Vy.

I haven't absorbed it yet, but I like it so far.

I've been listening to an album (34 tracks actually) I heard in a coffee shop the other day. It's world music (mostly Indian) mixed with electro.

Very good to put on to chill and get some work done. I suspect that it will also be excellent in the bedroom.

The album is called Buhdda beats XVII

Here is a track I like.

http://youtu.be/CU6pXdaDWzM

This is the only song and music video that matters. Mandatory that you make it to the chorus around :36 seconds in. Worth every second.

For all you fans of The National, Matt Berninger (lead singer) has a side project that just released an album. They are called El Vy.

I haven't absorbed it yet, but I like it so far.

Didn't even know this existed. Looks like the LP dropped October 30th. Thanks for posting!

After a couple listens to the 4 or so songs on youtube......I'm....ummmm.....not sure what to make of El Vy. It's a lot different than The National with the electronics and keyboard heavy backdrop, but so far I think I like it.

The song I'm the Man to Be has a much different pace than most The National songs. It's pretty funny with some of the lyrics and so far I have enjoyed this one the most. But that's only after a couple listens so I'm sure it will change.

Didn't even know this existed. Looks like the LP dropped October 30th. Thanks for posting!

After a couple listens to the 4 or so songs on youtube......I'm....ummmm.....not sure what to make of El Vy. It's a lot different than The National with the electronics and keyboard heavy backdrop, but so far I think I like it.

The song I'm the Man to Be has a much different pace than most The National songs. It's pretty funny with some of the lyrics and so far I have enjoyed this one the most. But that's only after a couple listens so I'm sure it will change.

I've watched El Vy perform live (on TV and online) several times, and it felt a bit more like The National. But listening to the album, it isn't to be confused with The National at all.

My view is that if he is going to collaborate with someone new and form a side project, it's good that it doesn't sound like The National. That said, I don't honestly know if I like it yet or not. I've been through it twice, liked a few and was bored by a few. I enjoy Matt Berninger's vocals so much that I am sure the album will grow on me a bit. But at the same time, I can already hear that it lacks the depth of structure, elegance, and beauty of a typical album from The National, and that's a large part of what makes their music so worthy of listening to nonstop.

This is the only song and music video that matters. Mandatory that you make it to the chorus around :36 seconds in. Worth every second.

Amazing!!

New song from Disturbed - "The Light"

Awesome song, powerful vid and lyrics :thumbsup: