Sign in to follow this  
snatchit

Barber or Martin this week ?

Neither and both.

This might be way to rational but if I'm a coach or GM I want to reward a player that has produced on the field when given a shot. Barber did that last week. I want to foster a competitive environment where it doesn't matter what contract you are signed. Martin has been a dog 3 of the last 4 years. Barber is hungry for his shot.

Barber also has a really interesting story. He was a good back at Auburn and left early to support his family. He had a painful drop in the draft. This kid is playing hard and I'd give him a another shot to continue showing what he can do.

It seems like the coaching staff hates Martin and someone in an office is making them use him. Like Lamar Miller before, Id like to see Martin elsewhere before I can him a total dog forever.

For this week, if Martin is active, I dont think you can start either. Tampa isnt good enough to easily make two rbs viable...most of the time, one rb has to defy the odds to have a decent game in between bad play calling, shaky line play, the defense giving away points and big plays, and/or Winston going full Eli on random plays and killing drives.

This might be way to rational but if I'm a coach or GM I want to reward a player that has produced on the field when given a shot. Barber did that last week. I want to foster a competitive environment where it doesn't matter what contract you are signed. Martin has been a dog 3 of the last 4 years. Barber is hungry for his shot.

Barber also has a really interesting story. He was a good back at Auburn and left early to support his family. He had a painful drop in the draft. This kid is playing hard and I'd give him a another shot to continue showing what he can do.

but that would make wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much sense. Highly unlikely lol. Barber deserves a shot....dmartin has worst ypc in the league i think

but that would make wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much sense. Highly unlikely lol. Barber deserves a shot....dmartin has worst ypc in the league i think

Barber was averaging 2.9 yards per carry before the GB game. Martin was averaging 6 yards per carry in the ATL game before he got hurt. Any success or failure is due to the O-line at this point.

You cant look at one game and say Barber deserves to start because of it. Whoever is the more talented back deserves to start, and I feel like thats still probably Martin. The Bucs line was somehow opening holes for Barber that Martin hasnt had the luxury of all season. Having said that, the O-line is still trash and I wouldnt risk my fantasy playoff on either guy at this point. If I had to, Id probably lean toward Martin.

Martin averaged 4.7 yards a carry on 7 totes before the injury for the record, he averages 3.2 yds a carry on the season and has been horrendous in real life and fantasy for well over a month. Barber hasn't been tearing it up either at 3.6 yds per carry in just over 50 carries on the season. The only reason to even pay attention here is the Lions have been a borderline bad run defense since they lost Ngata their run stopper. If barber is named the starter he is a worthy flex play this week.

Martin was avg 4.7 yards per att before he was hurt during that game.

Barber has had three games In which he has had 10 plus rushing att, and in those games he has a rush avg off 4.0.

Martin has had 6 games in which he's had 10 plus att and in those games he has a rush avg off 3.4.

And in 2016 Martin avg 2.9 per att.

I think the Oline is a problem, but I think that Martin has seen his better days.

Martin averaged 4.7 yards a carry on 7 totes before the injury for the record, he averages 3.2 yds a carry on the season and has been horrendous in real life and fantasy for well over a month. Barber hasn't been tearing it up either at 3.6 yds per carry in just over 50 carries on the season. The only reason to even pay attention here is the Lions have been a borderline bad run defense since they lost Ngata their run stopper. If barber is named the starter he is a worthy flex play this week.

Youre right 4.7...thought I read 7/43. It was 7/33.

I agree Detroit can be run on. Just saying that Martin and Barber are both huge risks because you dont know the workload distribution and their run game has looked serviceable for literally just one game. If youre desperate I get it. But if you have anything remotely better to choose go with that.

I read somewhere that TB GRB some run blocking metric was 64 against GB. Their best GRB was 32 in any game before that one.

According to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Doug Martin (concussion) is expected to start Week 14 against the Lions.

Per Stroud, head coach Dirk Koetter "doesn't believe in players losing their role as the result of an injury." Martin has been among the worst running backs in football this year, ranking dead-last in yards per carry (3.2) while Peyton Barber is coming off a 143-yard gem in Week 13. It's a shame Koetter is being so close-minded when Barber is clearly the better back, but at least we have some clarity on the matter. Martin will be a volume-based RB3 in his return from a one-game absence. Dec 8 - 2:04 PM

Do you think Martin has been holding back?

Do you think Martin has been holding back?

No, I think the Oline has sucked up until last week.

Also not having Winston the past month, let defenses key in on stopping the run.

The other poster made a statement that he thinks he will come out and go all out this weekend after watching Barber last week.

So that's why the question.

I think Martin just isn't has good as he once was.

The other poster made a statement that he thinks he will come out and go all out this weekend after watching Barber last week.

So that's why the question.

I think Martin just isn't has good as he once was.

I watch the Bucs week in and week out. You simply can't produce when you're constantly being hit behind the line (see Gurley from last year). Excluding the GB game, the O-line, playcalling, and QB play have been terrible.

Martin still has great burst, ridiculous shiftiness, and ability to break tackles/run over guys when he can find a hole worth a damn. Many of his long runs have been called back due to penalties as well.

Coming from a guy that just dropped him (meaning I have no stake in his success), IT'S NOT HIM. I will reiterate this for the millionth time...if he were on a team with any semblance of an offensive line, playcalling that wasn't absolutely predictable and vanilla, and a QB that could hit the broad side of a barn...he would easily be at least a top end RB2.

When will Martin start showing those amazing traits.

This season between Martin and Barber and Rodgers, guess which one can't seem too run behind that awfull line.

Martin he has the worst per rush avg of the three.

Oh and in 2016 while Rodgers and Barber where avg over 4 yards per att, mr all world Martin was avg 2.9 yards per rush.

Same Oline a lot different results.

I think he's not the same player he once was.

I watch the Bucs week in and week out. You simply can't produce when you're constantly being hit behind the line (see Gurley from last year). Excluding the GB game, the O-line, playcalling, and QB play have been terrible.

Martin still has great burst, ridiculous shiftiness, and ability to break tackles/run over guys when he can find a hole worth a damn. Many of his long runs have been called back due to penalties as well.

Coming from a guy that just dropped him (meaning I have no stake in his success), IT'S NOT HIM. I will reiterate this for the millionth time...if he were on a team with any semblance of an offensive line, playcalling that wasn't absolutely predictable and vanilla, and a QB that could hit the broad side of a barn...he would easily be at least a top end RB2.

Thanks for the input. Always good to hear a true fan of the teams honest opinion.

According to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times, Doug Martin (concussion) is expected to start Week 14 against the Lions.
Per Stroud, head coach Dirk Koetter "doesn't believe in players losing their role as the result of an injury." Martin has been among the worst running backs in football this year, ranking dead-last in yards per carry (3.2) while Peyton Barber is coming off a 143-yard gem in Week 13. It's a shame Koetter is being so close-minded when Barber is clearly the better back, but at least we have some clarity on the matter. Martin will be a volume-based RB3 in his return from a one-game absence. Dec 8 - 2:04 PM

which is exactly the opposite of what Koetter said on hard knocks. i read the coaching staff is sick of doug and his antics. suspended first 4 weeks, big contract. I smell a rat...someone up top is pushing for pitiful doug to start. chances are with the big contract they let doug go.

why not see what u have in barber this late in the season. only 100 yard rusher for the bucs in like two years and gets demoted.

you sometimes wonder ...... how smart do you really have to be to have a Head Coaching gig.

When will Martin start showing those amazing traits.

This season between Martin and Barber and Rodgers, guess which one can't seem too run behind that awfull line.

Martin he has the worst per rush avg of the three.

Oh and in 2016 while Rodgers and Barber where avg over 4 yards per att, mr all world Martin was avg 2.9 yards per rush.

Same Oline a lot different results.

I think he's not the same player he once was.

Barber was averaging worse (2.9) than Martin before the GB game. So your point that hes been better isnt correct. Im watching these games. TBs offensive line opened up holes for Barber vs GB that you could drive a truck through. That hasnt happened all season.

Martin and the O-line were already starting to show signs of life in the ATL game before he got concussed. And I think that carried over to the following week. Plus it was Jameiss first week back, so GB couldnt just stack the box all game like a lot of teams have been doing to Fitzpatrick.

If Martin gets the majority of the work tomorrow and TB gives him as much running room as they did Barber...watch out. Im not advocating starting him by any means, but I think theres a little hope for him for anyone that is desperate or wants to play a wait and see approach for next week. I just dropped CJA to reacquire Martin hoping this is the week he gets backs on track.

which is exactly the opposite of what ###### Koetter said on hard knocks. i read the coaching staff is sick of doug and his antics. suspended first 4 weeks, big contract. I smell a rat...someone up top is pushing for pitiful doug to start. chances are with the big contract they let doug go.

why not see what u have in barber this late in the season. only 100 yard rusher for the bucs in like two years and gets demoted.

you sometimes wonder ...... how smart do you really have to be to have a Head Coaching gig.

Why does no one want to listen to people like me that watch their games EVERY WEEK?

This is literally the same situation as Gurley last year. Everyone bitched and moaned that he was overrated and wouldnt ever do anything. Did the coaches bench him? Hell no because hes by far the most talented RB on that team. And look what happened this year. When he finally has a competent coach and offensive line he looks outstanding.

BARBER IS NOT AS GOOD AS MARTIN...PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Barber may not be as good as martin (he's not) but with the bucs not playing for the postseason it should be time to give a guy like barber a look. Jmho

Biggest concern for me is they don't throw passes to Martin anymore. Makes him td dependent on a below avg offense. I already have Alf filling that role.

All I know is that Martin was the most impressive back in the league in preseason, he followed it up with a great game his 1st game back from suspention. There is no way he has lost it. He looked pretty good before he got knocked out last game and then Barber looked good. Maybe the oline is getting its act together. All week he had to hear and read how Barber is the better back, knowing his contract has no guaranee the naritive says he is going to do his best to ball out... especially against a super weak run D. Martin can catch passes

Martin can catch passes

He absolutely can. The frustrating part is Koetter rarely uses him as a pass catching back (instead he loves bringing shuffle feet Sims in), and when Jameis does check down to him he always throws the ball 5 ft over his head. I have been bitching since Lovie Smith was the HC how criminally underused Martin has been in this offense. This year is no different.

Its a gutsy call, but I am betting Martin gets out there and gives them no reason to take him off. Remember when he set for the 1st 4 games and what he did when he came back. He has way more on the line than the rook.... believe me

Its a gutsy call, but I am betting Martin gets out there and gives them no reason to take him off. Remember when he set for the 1st 4 games and what he did when he came back. He has way more on the line than the rook.... believe me

I think so too, but I've been burned too many times to start him.

I picked him up but don't need to start him

If I needed a rb I would be ok w him as a flex start

I think Martin sat back last week watched and will go all out this week

I agree. Nobody likes it when someone is knocking at the door for their job.

If Martin cant come back and have a great game, he does not deserve to start again.

for that reason, I'd consider starting him this week.

now if we had an idea of whether the job is already lost or whether the coaches will give him a chance to save face, we can decide on what the best play is.....

nice fumble in redzone doug. dirk K needs to be fired

why not go with the hot hand in barber? scared money dirk

Barber avg almost 5.0 per rush.

The great and amazing Martin, 2.6.

The Oline isn't the only reason why Martin just doesn't have it anymore.

Barber avg almost 5.0 per rush.

The great and amazing Martin, 2.6.

The Oline isn't the only reason why Martin just doesn't have it anymore.

the silence of ant.

dirk made a horrible coaching decision