Sign in to follow this  
cavern

So, where do you draw the line on worrying about stat corrections?

is being up 2.9 enough where stat corrections aren't going to bite me? could play a defense (almost surely will not as lots of negative points are possible there). could play a kicker (-1 for a fg miss, but no penalty for xp missed (i know, a bit odd)

Most of the stat corrections fall into 1 of two categories:

1) a lateral is classified incorrectly as a forward pass (or vice versa)

2) a player runs for 8.5 yards. NFL reports it initially as 9 and corrects to 8 (or vice versa)

There are other types out there, but the majority of the corrections involve one of these situations.

as mentioned before, it is rare that your stat correction will be for more than 1 or 2 points.

If you watched your game, you probably already know the likelihood of one of these kicking in.

Why worry. You cant do anything its a correction meaning its cotrrcting an error

We determined in my main league that game decisions were decided on Tuesday when the standings were updated. Those standings determine the weekly waiver order. With the start of TNF, we decided there had to be an end to one week and the start of the next and that Tuesday morning was that point. If there are stat corrections and the outcome is not changed, we let the changed points stand. If the outcome is changed, we change it back to the Tuesday morning result. It might not be ideal, but there needs to be an end to the week. Of course, the ideal would be stat correction on Tuesday, before waivers are processed Wednesday morning, but the NFL doesn't seem able, or willing, to have this done.

i was discussing benching my remaining players.

in the end i benched my defense as we have potential for big negative points for a poor performance but played my kicker (gost) as there is not big potential for negative points in our scoring. in the end my margin was 12

Why worry. You cant do anything its a correction meaning its cotrrcting an error

It might be important for determining exactly how much smack talk you can lay down, and when you should start laying it down. Flaunting your close victory before corrections come out has come back to bite people. :)