Sign in to follow this  
Neil Armstrong movie "First Man" omits American Flag being planted on the moon...

I gotta (can't believe I'm going to say this) agree with sho. Who cares. These people aren't real. The world is diverse. If people want to include minorities to play fictional characters in a movie or play, who gives a fock. Do you get upset when whites play roles that are non white?

Russel Crowe as Noah.

Johnny Depp as Tonto.

Joseph Fiennes played Michael Jackson.

Ben Affleck in Fargo.

etc etc.

Nah Im not upset. Just find it dumb. Major difference. Same goes for when they cast whites people in roles that they shouldnt be in. Johnny Depp as Tonto was just flat out retarded. Movie bombed pretty bad too. I just have a thing for inaccuracies when it comes to that.

Dam youre not bright are you? Mary Jane is known for her bright red hair as a white girl. Same with Ariel. James Bond is your typical white play boy. These arent just a few examples off the top of my head. Could definitely find more but I dont care to look them up.

I just leave you with, if the roles were reversed and someone cast a white person to play someone who has always been black do you think people would be upset? The answer is yes. Black people were getting all up in arms when they were going to do a Michael Jackson film about his life and have a white person play MJ during his final years alive. Why would the director do that? Well cause MJ was white at the end of his life. Theres no denying that. Yet black people were extremely upset.

You're comparing a real person (Michael Jackson) with Ariel or Mary Jane? You see the difference here, right?

You're comparing a real person (Michael Jackson) with Ariel or Mary Jane? You see the difference here, right?

Jesus Christ man. I really dont give a sh1t. I just stated a fact. Said that I thought it was dumb. Now all of a sudden youre trying to make it a big deal? What for? What purpose? You cant just be like *oh ok you find it dumb. Thats understandable. You like them to just keep people how they originally were*. :doh:

Dam youre not bright are you? Mary Jane is known for her bright red hair as a white girl. Same with Ariel. James Bond is your typical white play boy. These arent just a few examples off the top of my head. Could definitely find more but I dont care to look them up.

I just leave you with, if the roles were reversed and someone cast a white person to play someone who has always been black do you think people would be upset? The answer is yes. Black people were getting all up in arms when they were going to do a Michael Jackson film about his life and have a white person play MJ during his final years alive. Why would the director do that? Well cause MJ was white at the end of his life. Theres no denying that. Yet black people were extremely upset.

James Bond is known as. British spy...his race has zero to do with his character. Ariel is a focking mermaid...nobody gives a what race she is (except crazybwhite people looking to be offended by dumb ).

Mary Jane is known for being Peter Parkers love interest...her skin tone again has zero to do with it.

James Bond is known as. British spy...his race has zero to do with his character. Ariel is a focking mermaid...nobody gives a ###### what race she is (except crazybwhite people looking to be offended by dumb ######).

Mary Jane is known for being Peter Parkers love interest...her skin tone again has zero to do with it.

Sorry bro but if I have to explain it to you then Im not gonna bother. Not worth my time. Dont really care either. Have fun obsessing over it

Jesus Christ man. I really dont give a sh1t. I just stated a fact. Said that I thought it was dumb. Now all of a sudden youre trying to make it a big deal? What for? What purpose? You cant just be like *oh ok you find it dumb. Thats understandable. You like them to just keep people how they originally were*. :doh:

No worries :cheers:. I just think it's dumb to worry about who plays a comic book character. You think it's dumb they change it, I think it's dumb to care who plays a fictional character. All good.

No worries :cheers:. I just think it's dumb to worry about who plays a comic book character. You think it's dumb they change it, I think it's dumb to care who plays a fictional character. All good.

Again, not worried. Just find it dumb. Dont see what the big deal is that I find it dumb they change an Indian sidekick to a white guy or changing a girl whos known for her bright red hair to a black girl. Will I still watch the movie? Yep. Will I still enjoy it? If its good then yep. Will I say its dumb to change a well known established characters race just because they want to be more diverse? Yep.

Id disagree that thenplanting ofthe flag was in the top two most significant parts of landing in the moon.

Well you'd disagree with John F. Kennedy then.

If this capsule history of our progress teaches us anything, it is that man, in his quest for knowledge and progress, is determined and cannot be deterred. The exploration of space will go ahead, whether we join in it or not, and it is one of the great adventures of all time, and no nation which expects to be the leader of other nations can expect to stay behind in the race for space.

Those who came before us made certain that this country rode the first waves of the industrial revolutions, the first waves of modern invention, and the first wave of nuclear power, and this generation does not intend to founder in the backwash of the coming age of space. We mean to be a part of it--we mean to lead it. For the eyes of the world now look into space, to the moon and to the planets beyond, and we have vowed that we shall not see it governed by a hostile flag of conquest, but by a banner of freedom and peace. We have vowed that we shall not see space filled with weapons of mass destruction, but with instruments of knowledge and understanding. Yet the vows of this Nation can only be fulfilled if we in this Nation are first, and, therefore, we intend to be first. In short, our leadership in science and in industry, our hopes for peace and security, our obligations to ourselves as well as others, all require us to make this effort, to solve these mysteries, to solve them for the good of all men, and to become the world's leading space-faring nation.

We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained, and new rights to be won, and they must be won and used for the progress of all people. For space science, like nuclear science and all technology, has no conscience of its own. Whether it will become a force for good or ill depends on man, and only if the United States occupies a position of pre-eminence can we help decide whether this new ocean will be a sea of peace or a new terrifying theater of war. I do not say the we should or will go unprotected against the hostile misuse of space any more than we go unprotected against the hostile use of land or sea, but I do say that space can be explored and mastered without feeding the fires of war, without repeating the mistakes that man has made in extending his writ around this globe of ours.

Gawd, i wish we still had Democrats that sounded like this, proud of their country and history instead of hating and cursing and condemning America and American values, institutions, and tradition all the time.

Liberals are a blight on Western Civilization.

Sorry bro but if I have to explain it to you then Im not gonna bother. Not worth my time. Dont really care either. Have fun obsessing over it

You dont care yet youve gone on and on aboutkt complaining and brought them all up.

Fact is your explanations are crap.

fire crotch :mad:

Do we know that Goslings explanation is why the scene was actually omitted? Sounds like he was offering an opinion.

Theres no chance I was going to see this movie anyway.

You dont care yet youve gone on and on aboutkt complaining and brought them all up.

Fact is your explanations are crap.

Nope. Just dont care. Dont feel like arguing with an idiot. Ive told you that about a thousand times that I wont argue with you cause its pointless. Its in your best interest to just move on. Otherwise, youll just continue to look like a fool whos pushing to argue something with someone who has no desire to engage in it with you

Id disagree that thenplanting ofthe flag was in the top two most significant parts of landing in the moon.

Of course you would, sausage fingers.

Do we know that Goslings explanation is why the scene was actually omitted? Sounds like he was offering an opinion.

Theres no chance I was going to see this movie anyway.

Pride in America is perceived to be synonymous with Trump and white supremacy. Thats why.

Nope. Just dont care. Dont feel like arguing with an idiot. Ive told you that about a thousand times that I wont argue with you cause its pointless. Its in your best interest to just move on. Otherwise, youll just continue to look like a fool whos pushing to argue something with someone who has no desire to engage in it with you

That you dont even see the stupidity in what you just posted is funny.

Its in your best interest to run away as you usually do before you look even more foolish.

That you dont even see the stupidity in what you just posted is funny.

Its in your best interest to run away as you usually do before you look even more foolish.

Again, I do not care. Again, you make yourself look like an idiot. Again, you comment proving that you incapable of moving on or doing what wont make you look lik an idiot. Its quite comical actually. But whatever floats your boat. Guarantee youll reply and try to make it sound like its in your favor when in reality its not. Im done with you though. Have fun obsessing and trying to find someone to argue something retarded with you

Pride in America is perceived to be synonymous with Trump and white supremacy. Thats why.

Im saying is it possible the scene wasnt included for reasons that have nothing to do with what Gosling said?

His quote was dumb - it was absolutely an American achievement. It was arguably a human achievement too.

Im saying is it possible the scene wasnt included for reasons that have nothing to do with what Gosling said?

His quote was dumb - it was absolutely an American achievement. It was arguably a human achievement too.

I agree. I personally dont think hes speaking for the producers, etc. I think they thought they may receive backlash if they purposely made a scene where the flagpole was planted. That level of American pride bleeds too closely to Trump/nationalism.

Gawd, i wish we still had Democrats that sounded like this, proud of their country and history instead of hating and cursing and condemning America and American values, institutions, and tradition all the time.

I dont think JFK is as great of a president as people make him out to be. He started AA, he planted a lot of seeds that are manifesting themselves right now. Its his fault the bay of pigs invasion happened, he backed a coup in Iraq and what domestic legislation did he ever pass? And putting a man on the moon was something in the works before he became president. But Im suppose to just talk about him like he is awesome because he died? Nixon was twice the president JFK ever was.

JFK accomplishments:

Popularized the Wayfarer style sunglasses

Focked Marilyn Monroe (something dems probably use to chastise him for)

He wouldve ran the country into the shitter has he stayed alive. Just another slimy smooth talking Democrat.

I gotta (can't believe I'm going to say this) agree with sho. Who cares. These people aren't real. The world is diverse. If people want to include minorities to play fictional characters in a movie or play, who gives a fock. Do you get upset when whites play roles that are non white?

Russel Crowe as Noah.

Johnny Depp as Tonto.

Joseph Fiennes played Michael Jackson.

Ben Affleck in Fargo.

etc etc.

Incredibly bad analogy. Those movies for the most part are specifically made for the American market. We want to see what we know. Its why they were speaking English in Gladiator instead of Latin.

I really disagree with your characterization there volty. You seem to taking a twist lately. While I can't stand most of the feminine left. If you would even bother to listen to for example, as recently as Biden's eulogy yesterday, you couldnt have reasonably said what you typed above.

I'll guarantee you, for everyone who typed or feel something like you did above, there's a Democrat out there saying God I wish our country still Revered the traditions and values that we used to Revere.

I keep saying the same things because frankly, they're true. One, the conversation is being shaped by the fringes on either side. And two, anybody who just has to live in a black hat white hat Blue State Red State right left world is going to see every problem as a manifestation of that. Still, as I've said. I don't give a fuk what the polls say, I honestly believe that about 80% of Americans all exist within the same middle of the bell curve. As odious, classless, and incompetent

as they find Trump, they really don't want their dinner table conversation to have to be about how a man with a pecker manages to pee in a mini skirt in the girls bathroom at the elementary school.

It's done for the benefit of the overseas, mostly Chinese, market. It's about the money. These Hollywood frauds try and cover that up by saying it's about a human achievement. These people are scum, don't forget.

It's done for the benefit of the overseas, mostly Chinese, market. It's about the money. These Hollywood frauds try and cover that up by saying it's about a human achievement. These people are scum, don't forget.

If that's the case, they're reading the Chinese market wrong. The Chinese love the US more than their own government and bazillion times more than whatever shred of the American Left still gives a flaming fock about the US.

I really disagree with your characterization there volty. You seem to taking a twist lately. While I can't stand most of the feminine left. If you would even bother to listen to for example, as recently as Biden's eulogy yesterday, you couldnt have reasonably said what you typed above.

I'll guarantee you, for everyone who typed or feel something like you did above, there's a Democrat out there saying God I wish our country still Revered the traditions and values that we used to Revere.

I keep saying the same things because frankly, they're true. One, the conversation is being shaped by the fringes on either side. And two, anybody who just has to live in a black hat white hat Blue State Red State right left world is going to see every problem as a manifestation of that. Still, as I've said. I don't give a fuk what the polls say, I honestly believe that about 80% of Americans all exist within the same middle of the bell curve. As odious, classless, and incompetent

as they find Trump, they really don't want their dinner table conversation to have to be about how a man with a pecker manages to pee in a mini skirt in the girls bathroom at the elementary school.

Maybe it's because I'm out of the loop, but I don't see it. It seems to me the greatest American patriot that the US Left praises, celebrates and idolizes is Colon Kaepernick.

Maybe it's because I'm out of the loop, but I don't see it. It seems to me the greatest American patriot that the US Left praises, celebrates and idolizes is Colon Kaepernick.

Then you are definitely out of the Loop. Or your Chinese overlords are spoon feeding you news stories.

Colin Kaepernick is a photocopy of the Michael Sam story.

The only people talking about it? Are the media. Just like Michael Sam. Nobody else gave a shiit. But God damn if ESPN wasn't thoroughly invested and making a story out of it.

The only places I see Kaepernick come up are ESPN and here. But when were talking football? Nobody would be clueless enough to even give a . And if they did? Everybody else around them would roll their eyes and say who gives a shiit?

So maybe you're right, maybe it's location location location. God damn, going by this board alone? You'd swear everybody spent their entire weekend glued to McCain coverage. Pretty sure most people had better things to do.

I agree. The landing was the trickiest part with the second most remembered line:

The Eagle has landed - that line gives me chills. Cronkite had to take off his glasses.

Number one of course is the first step.

I agree. The landing was the trickiest part with the second most remembered line:

The Eagle has landed - that line gives me chills. Cronkite had to take off his glasses.

Number one of course is the first step.

Agreed with that ranking.

Agreed with that ranking.

yeah I have no problem with it

what I have a problem with is you saying it really wasn't significant, although I am not surprised you think anything with the flag is insignificant

To me planting the flag was no 1

We conquered space

same as when Admiral Byrd planted the flag on Antartica

What about the part where we drove on the moon? Is that in the movie? Cuz I got to admit, that's kind of oddly unnecessary. You think they could have just adjusted the flight trajectory by you know like a quarter of a degree and just landed where they wanted to drive.

I'm no rocket scientist, but it seems a whole lot easier than you know building a space car and then packing a space car and then you know Finding space truck nuts and you know space seat warmers and space cup holders and you know the whole shebang.

I mean, if they're going to cut scenes from the Moon, I'm just saying...

Other countries show pride in themselves. Morons in this country follow the lead of Hollywood and college kids and run theirs down.

• Like 1

Other countries show pride in themselves. Morons in this country follow the lead of Hollywood and college kids and run theirs down.

Well actually, when you talk to people from other countries, the idea of saying the Pledge of Allegiance everyday in school seems completely foreign to them. As is the singing their national anthem before sporting events. In many ways we're incredibly jingoistic that way.

Well actually, when you talk to people from other countries, the idea of saying the Pledge of Allegiance everyday in school seems completely foreign to them. As is the singing their national anthem before sporting events. In many ways we're incredibly jingoistic that way.

BS. I've heard God Save The King, O' Canada and others before games and matches. Blame it all on America again. People like you need to visit a few shotholes and them come back and complain.