Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

STAY HAS BEEN GRANTED AGAINST TRUMPS X.O.

Why is it wasted?

This issue is worthy of time and attention

It's about ROI. This ban doesn't impact most immigrants. And, it's not likely to make the U.S. or the world any safer. It's just more posturing and outrage from both sides.

Meanwhile, our own ghettos are some of the most dangerous places on earth, people are starving all over the world, some have no access to clean water, human trafficking is a growing concern, hard core drug use continues unabated...... and so on.

This whole Exec Order is virtually useless and the people fighting for or against it could better spend their time doing some that could actually make the world a better place.

It's about ROI. This ban doesn't impact most immigrants. And, it's not likely to make the U.S. or the world any safer. It's just more posturing and outrage from both sides.

Meanwhile, our own ghettos are some of the most dangerous places on earth, people are starving all over the world, some have no access to clean water, human trafficking is a growing concern, hard core drug use continues unabated...... and so on.

This whole Exec Order is virtually useless and the people fighting for or against it could better spend their time doing some that could actually make the world a better place.

Yeah...I'm going to disagree with just about everything you said.

I agree it does nothing to make us safer..I contend it does the exact opposite to us and our people serving and living in other countries and our allies and those who have helped us.

It's a very important issue despite how few you believe it directly affects.

This is why I wanted a link. It's been erroneously posted to many 'conservative' sites.

My employees would often use the search function to pull bits of tax code out to justify whatever they wanted.

I had to explain to them that context matters. You can't just look at the paragraph you want - look at the chapter it came from.

Look at the context of it's drafting and what came after. It's a lesson lost on this generation.

Briefly, 8 U.S. Code Law 1182 – “Inadmissible aliens: defines inadmissible aliens with health-related communicable diseases, conviction of certain crimes, multiple criminal convictions, controlled substance traffickers, prostitution and commercialized vice, certain aliens involved in serious criminal activity who have asserted immunity from prosecution, foreign government officials who have committed particularly severe violations of religious freedom, significant traffickers in persons, and money laundering if the Attorney General has reason to believe that the alien is engaged in terrorist activities, immigrant membership in totalitarian party [at the time, this was listed as Communist], participants in Nazi persecution, genocide, or the commission of any act of torture or extrajudicial killing, association with terrorist organizations, and recruitment or use of child soldiers, to name but a few of the details.”

While it was passed in 1952 and parts of the original Act remain, it has been amended many times and was modified substantially to become the Immigration and Nationality Services Act of 1965. It was this modified act that President Carter referred to in 1980.

http://ethicsstupid.com/personalities/fact-checking-a-reader/

But, this is one of those things that either side will use as they see fit.

FWIW:

The law began as The McCarran-Walter Act, sponsored by House Representatives Francis E. Walter (D-PA), and Pat McCarran (D-NV). The Act was designed to revise the laws relating to immigration, naturalization, and nationality. It passed a Democratic majority in both the House and the Senate. However,

Far as I'm concerned? None other than the Constitution itself says black men represent 3/5 of a vote. It still says that BTW. But we came up with language later to fix that. But hey, if we can pull this language as passed legislation (regardless of context), we can pull that too. Hell, we locked Japanese in internment camps. So WTF? Prcedent's been set.

I'm not going to argue the legality of it. You saw my comments earlier. What pisses me off is the ham-fisted execution and the focking lies surrounding it - not to mention its wholesale lack of efficacy.

Hell, if you're gonna fock - go whole cawk - and don't try to tell her you're just temporarily cuddling.

When we killed innocent people (many) with our drones the last 8 years, did that make us more or less safe than this executive order?

Trump threads by title and threads about Trump where his name's not in the title.

Should I link them all for you?

I kept mine to threads that were specifically about Trump or his policies.

If there's a thread about peanut butter

and some whacko mentions Trump therein - I didn't count that.

Not gonna get into criterion.

It's just focking stupid to think that suddenly the bored is now inundated now that certain

people are butthurt that their hero is a fockchop.

And if you feel that way? GTFO.

Yeah...I'm going to disagree with just about everything you said.

I agree it does nothing to make us safer..I contend it does the exact opposite to us and our people serving and living in other countries and our allies and those who have helped us.

It's a very important issue despite how few you believe it directly affects.

It's not. But I'm not surprised you believe it is.

It's not. But I'm not surprised you believe it is.

You, like another win here, should open your eyes to see the reaction across the country and around the world.

You should read up on what actual experts have said about how this affects our national security and troops and allies overseas.

When we killed innocent people (many) with our drones the last 8 years, did that make us more or less safe than this executive order?

Even you should be smarter than that.

One is the targeted killing of suspected (and usually actual) terrorists. - With some resultant collateral damage.

This is banning an entire swath of people from selected countries - unless you're not a Muslim.

God, how is this even comparative?

I kept mine to threads that were specifically about Trump or his policies.

If there's a thread about peanut butter

and some whacko mentions Trump therein - I didn't count that.

Not gonna get into criterion.

It's just focking stupid to think that suddenly the bored is now inundated now that certain

people are butthurt that their hero is a fockchop.

And if you feel that way? GTFO.

Page 1

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=463407

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=463408

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=463366

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=463404

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=463391

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=463412

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=463419

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=463401

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=463363

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=463375

• Like 1

You, like another win here, should open your eyes to see the reaction across the country and around the world.

You should read up on what actual experts have said about how this affects our national security and troops and allies overseas.

Yeah, they had a military and an intelligence guy on TV talking about this.

The story about the Iraqi interpreter being detained is already resonating.

Like they said - Why the fock would anybody from those countries help with

intelligence or translation or what the fock ever - when, if the shiit hits the fan -

they can't escape their country and come to America?

Ironically, they just had another military guy saying the same thing in the background.

- How he had written dozens of letters in the past recommending citizenship for Iraqis

who had helped his unit in the past - and how he's worried that they'll never be able to

regain their trust / live this down.

Tragically, those same Iraqis have risked more, done more - than most of the Trumpeteers.

One is the targeted killing of suspected (and usually actual) terrorists. - With some resultant collateral damage.

This is banning an entire swath of people from selected countries - unless you're not a Muslim.

Oh, so now you want to look at it from our point of view, doing things to protect ourselves and some innocents get killed. But as far as the XO, you see it from the Muslims point of view. Seeing as you are so alligned with their views, how do you think they feel about the drones?

As soon as Trump took office people have already started trying to get him impeached. I'm sorry but this is whining at is finest.

http://ti.me/2k9eVqa

Agreed. I've posted about this before. We have to live with the bed we made.

But, we didn't vote for a dictatorship. He's 'the man', but with that, comes criticism and second-guessing.

We tried the whole "You can't question the president in a time of WAR!" thing. And that didn't work out so well.

Face it, real world facts: Right now, an interpreter for the 101st Airborne with a valid visa - as well as a wheelchair bound

grandmother with valid papers - would still be in jail if the American people hadn't risen up against a bad, poorly executed

policy.

Those are just facts. It's also a fact that if Trump had his way, there'd be no dissent from the people and no critique from the media. To quote his staff, the media should just "shut their mouth".

As soon as Trump took office people have already started trying to get him impeached. I'm sorry but this is whining at is finest.

http://ti.me/2k9eVqa

Same thing happened 8yrs ago with the birthers.

Agreed. I've posted about this before. We have to live with the bed we made.

But, we didn't vote for a dictatorship. He's 'the man', but with that, comes criticism and second-guessing.

We tried the whole "You can't question the president in a time of WAR!" thing. And that didn't work out so well.

Face it, real world facts: Right now, an interpreter for the 101st Airborne with a valid visa - as well as a wheelchair bound

grandmother with valid papers - would still be in jail if the American people hadn't risen up against a bad, poorly executed

policy.

Those are just facts. It's also a fact that if Trump had his way, there'd be no dissent from the people and no critique from the media. To quote his staff, the media should just "shut their mouth".

Yea but at the same time Obama did the same thing. If he didn't like something he used executive order. I forgot what the thing he was wanting passed but he told congress to pass it and if they didn't he would just use executive order to have it passed. So both sides have done it. Obama felt like a dictator at times as well.

Yeah...with a caveat that I'm not okay with what can amount to assassination especially when targeting an American citizen.

Same thing happened 8yrs ago with the birthers.

They like to forget that our President was trying to claim our former president was not legitimate

Yea but at the same time Obama did the same thing. If he didn't like something he used executive order. I forgot what the thing he was wanting passed but he told congress to pass it and if they didn't he would just use executive order to have it passed. So both sides have done it. Obama felt like a dictator at times as well.

Not quite the same at all...and Obama faced a congress who was unwilling to work with him. Trump has his party in control.

He won't even consult people.

State, Justice, Homeland Security out of the loop.

DNI and Chairman of the Joint chiefs not involved with National Security Council while Bannon is? Even Bushwouldnt let Rive in with the NSC because he knew to keep politics out of that.

The terrorists that want to harm America and Americans are all Islamic. So, stopping Muslims from entering our Country stops terrorists from entering our country. From there, the US Govt. / Trump administration will narrow it down further. He's already narrowed it down to only 7 countries. Fock, whose to say a terrorist living in Belgium or Germany or Britain doesn't make their way here. This ban needs to be expanded in my opinion. Keep America safe!

So Muslims are cool with the drones that kill innocent Muslims, because we're after the bad guys. Interesting.

Not quite the same at all...and Obama faced a congress who was unwilling to work with him. Trump has his party in control.

He won't even consult people.

State, Justice, Homeland Security out of the loop.

DNI and Chairman of the Joint chiefs not involved with National Security Council while Bannon is? Even Bushwouldnt let Rive in with the NS

because he knew to keep politics out of that.

Gotta admit, those are all good points.

Hadn't thought of that before;

Dude OWNS both houses of Congress

WTF would he need to go the XO route?

Damn, that's a good question.

And a bad harbinger.

The terrorists that want to harm America and Americans are all Islamic. So, stopping Muslims from entering our Country stops terrorists from entering our country. From there, the US Govt. / Trump administration will narrow it down further. He's already narrowed it down to only 7 countries. Fock, whose to say a terrorist living in Belgium or Germany or Britain doesn't make their way here. This ban needs to be expanded in my opinion. Keep America safe!

Well, you'll probably get your wish. They're already talking about including other countries.

Because they keep getting hit over the head with "What about the countries that sent ACTUAL terrorists?"

In honesty, I don't disagree with you in certain principles. Fock, DOUBLE the number of countries for all I care.

But maybe we don't use TSA - level mentality to do so. Start with Males 18-45 for at least extra scrutiny.

I'm all for stopping immigrants from coming in for a period. Obviously what we were doing before wasn't working too well. Therefore, stop the flow of them for the time being, find a better way to narrow them down, develop better screening procedures, implement them, and restart immigration. What these idiot liberals don't understand is that the ban isn't permanent. But they don't get that. They see "ban on Muslim countries" and have their typical knee jerk reactions to it. I have faith that our government will let these immigrants come to the US once we can make sure better immigration security measures are in place

Which terrorists that have struck us here have come from these countries? Which has green cards and were as young as 5 years old?

This does zero to make us safe.

This is why I wanted a link. It's been erroneously posted to many 'conservative' sites.

My employees would often use the search function to pull bits of tax code out to justify whatever they wanted.

I had to explain to them that context matters. You can't just look at the paragraph you want - look at the chapter it came from.

Look at the context of it's drafting and what came after. It's a lesson lost on this generation.

http://ethicsstupid.com/personalities/fact-checking-a-reader/

But, this is one of those things that either side will use as they see fit.

FWIW:

Far as I'm concerned? None other than the Constitution itself says black men represent 3/5 of a vote. It still says that BTW. But we came up with language later to fix that. But hey, if we can pull this language as passed legislation (regardless of context), we can pull that too. Hell, we locked Japanese in internment camps. So WTF? Prcedent's been set.

I'm not going to argue the legality of it. You saw my comments earlier. What pisses me off is the ham-fisted execution and the focking lies surrounding it - not to mention its wholesale lack of efficacy.

Hell, if you're gonna fock - go whole cawk - and don't try to tell her you're just temporarily cuddling.

What a misleading post, great job great effort! :thumbsup: You imply that the code changed substantially in a way that prohibits the POTUS from doing what he did. But that is completely untrue.

Gotta admit, those are all good points.

Hadn't thought of that before;

Dude OWNS both houses of Congress

WTF would he need to go the XO route?

Damn, that's a good question.

And a bad harbinger.

Because then he would have had to consult with people who may disagree with him.

Which terrorists that have struck us here have come from these countries? Which has green cards and were as young as 5 years old?

This does zero to make us safe.

It's too late if we wait until it happens. If a terrorist hasn't struck from these countries (or any added to the list) that is no reason not to prevent it from happening for the first time. How would you propose we prevent terrorism in our country then?

Yeah, not gonna click on and vet every link you posted, but tellingly -

The FIRST one that I clicked on randomly was 'China vs. US WW3".

Neither the title nor the OP had anything to do with Trump or his policies.

So I don't know WTF point you're trying to make.

Maybe you just want to play along? Have a spot of attention?

Whatever.

Yes. Please give me my spot of attention, oh mighty one

• Like 1

It's too late if we wait until it happens. If a terrorist hasn't struck from these countries (or any added to the list) that is no reason not to prevent it from happening for the first time. How would you propose we prevent terrorism in our country then?

Let s just build a wall around the whole country and never let anyone in.

Never know who might hurt us.

And too late if we wait til it happens...let's get rid of all guns too.

We prevent it through better intelligence the way we have stopped many incidents in this country.

I'm all for stopping immigrants from coming in for a period. Obviously what we were doing before wasn't working too well.

Curious your basis for this?

Yes. Please give me my spot of attention, oh mighty one

Yeah, he's one of the biggest attention whoores here. Go look in the Departed thread; he clearly knows nothing but feels the need to post idiocy so that we can all look at him.

Besides, don't legitimize him by going through the trouble to actually post links. Just do what he does -- pick a random date and say there were 234321 anti-Obama threads that day. :thumbsup:

What a misleading post, great job great effort! :thumbsup: You imply that the code changed substantially in a way that prohibits the POTUS from doing what he did. But that is completely untrue.

After a certain point in the night, you're no fun. I'm guessing it's the licker.

But, I'll play along enough for this; Weeding out all the stuff about communicable diseases and the nazi party, etc. Let's get to the one part that's closest to applicable:

if the Attorney General has reason to believe that the alien is engaged in terrorist activities

That's the actual wording from the original, unamended, unqualified, unclarified, subsequent legislation, is it not?

That's the worst part - even the last straw that some folks are clinging to doesn't work - if ya actually read it.

So, even if we take the original wording - even THAT had a requirement that you had to

have a reason to ban someone from entry.

- Unless you think that Interpreter from the 101st or the wheelchair bound grandma were actually engaged in terrorist activities prior to their coming to Amurica?

Happy to play with you my friend. Just when the Sun's still up. :cheers:

Yeah, he's one of the biggest attention whoores here. Go look in the Departed thread; he clearly knows nothing but feels the need to post idiocy so that we can all look at him.

Besides, don't legitimize him by going through the trouble to actually post links. Just do what he does -- pick a random date and say there were 234321 anti-Obama threads that day. :thumbsup:

So, Jer - more of a bourbon guy? You seem like a brown liquor kind of drunk.

So, Jer - more of a bourbon guy? You seem like a brown liquor kind of drunk.

I like a good bourbon Manhattan with some added muddled cherries. Only do it on business travel though, which is not tonight.

Not even sure how to respond to this wiff; you are our resident Norm and your posts tonight are consistent with those of yours every day that ends in a Y; drunk and increasingly sloppy. And you are calling me out? :lol:

Tell me about your posts in the Departed thread, are they supposed to be funny? No, didn't think so. :(

Tell me about your posts in the Departed thread, are they supposed to be funny? No, didn't think so. :(

:woosh: :overhead:

That's a standing joke. Even Damon and Wahlberg joke about it. Try to catch up puddin.

I'm just giving you the BOD that you're drunk as opposed to totally clueless.. :wave:

I guess I just don't see how anyone can feel this increases safety in the world...

ISIS is going to use this as their largest propaganda tool ever.

Expect to see their global attacks increase

Innocent people? Obama killed innocent AMERICAN CITIZENS. But did the Libs b*tch about that? No. That was ok.

:wall:

:woosh: :overhead:

That's a standing joke. Even Damon and Wahlberg joke about it. Try to catch up puddin.

I'm just giving you the BOD that you're drunk as opposed to totally clueless.. :wave:

Sorry, what's the standing joke? I'm not up on it. A link would help. This part?

I liked the part where Wahlberg told off that snooty MIT guy and said "how do ya like them apples?" That was cool.

But Minnie Driver rooned it. She was WAY too old for him. - And British.

I'm going to bed; need to work early tomorrow. Enjoy your quest to post the most words on a message bored in one day, that's an accomplishment. :cheers: