Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

What was your wedding song

Some of you are divorced I know. And some are single. But for those of us who arent, what was your wedding song and how did you come about picking it?

I picked it because we got Married in April, and has always been a special song for me.

Holy crap I can't remember.

We did leave the church to Thunderstruck though. Ha.

• Like 1

The way you look tonight

St. Elmo's Fire love theme (Not the John Parr song) but the piano and sax song.

True Companion by Marc Cohn

Picked it in the 90s music draft. :cheers:

The way you look tonight

That was a finalist for mine. Great song.

• Like 1

That was a finalist for mine. Great song.

it's been a while, but i believe it was between that, unforgettable,and baby got back.

Some of you are divorced I know. And some are single. But for those of us who arent, what was your wedding song and how did you come about picking it?

what was you BILs wedding song? That's really all we want to know... and expect to be told.

• Like 1

what was you BILs wedding song? That's really all we want to know... and expect to be told.

Well played. :thumbsup:

Digby likes to start threads and not actually contribute to them. More often than not I give him a pass because the topics are interesting like this one. That being said, it begs the question: is he considering getting married, to the point of picking a song for his first dance? If not, why the question? :dunno:

Digby likes to start threads and not actually contribute to them. More often than not I give him a pass because the topics are interesting like this one. That being said, it begs the question: is he considering getting married, to the point of picking a song for his first dance? If not, why the question? :dunno:

No I definitely contribute. I just dont post 10+ times in them like some people do. As for the topic, I was looking through my phone and found my wife and Is First dance. Ours was Kiss Me In The Dark by the Randy Rogers Band. Even got them to sign a photo of us dancing from our wedding and gave it as a gift to my wife a couple Christmases ago.

No I definitely contribute. I just dont post 10+ times in them like some people do. As for the topic, I was looking through my phone and found my wife and Is First dance. Ours was Kiss Me In The Dark by the Randy Rogers Band. Even got them to sign a photo of us dancing from our wedding and gave it as a gift to my wife a couple Christmases ago.

So why not post that info as part of your OP? :dunno:

So why not post that info as part of your OP? :dunno:

I wanted to post the video of us doing our first dance but it wouldnt upload. So I was gonna wait til later. It was a two step dance that we had practiced so it was different than your typical first dance

Typical southern Presbyterian wedding and church reception with a string quartet so no real song there.

With my family having come from Wisconsin and friends (and my wife and I both) wanting more of a party. We had a party with friends and family at the home of my wifes maid of honor. My mom and others made crock pots full of turkey and beef shredded up for sandwiches...raw veggies and other snacks.

Kegs and wine and champagne. We paid for it as it was something her parents definitely were not springing for.

Anyway we did a Small first dance and dance with my mom thing.

For my wife and I it was Shes Got a Way by Billy Joel.

She is a big Joel fan so I made a playlist with a ton of other songs and called her up when that one came in. Great lyrics for it.

• Like 1

I wanted to post the video of us doing our first dance but it wouldnt upload. So I was gonna wait til later. It was a two step dance that we had practiced so it was different than your typical first dance

Did you practice at cotillion? :)

Looking forward to it. :cheers:

Did you practice at cotillion? :)

Ha! No that was literally when I was like 12-13

For my wife and I it was Shes Got a Way by Billy Joel.

Great choice, I love his work as well and would have picked this from his repertoire. :thumbsup:

Wedding song was Peter Gabriel "In Your Eyes"

Song for when wedding party came out for dance was Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here". Awesome song that you can do the white man slow dance shuffle to. Fock you otherwise as it was my wedding and it's a great song.

We just picked all the songs for ours coming up.

Stand by me plays as I enter.

I dont think we are actually doing dancing, so I dont think there is a first dance song. I could be wrong though.

99 bottles of Beer on the Wall.

No song. Guys arent supposed to dance.

Actually, I dont remember. Dont tell my wife next time youre over. TIA

We just filled out some forms.

No song, no guests. Just us on a picturesque secluded beach in Hawaii with the ceremony lady and photographer. Wouldnt have it any other way. Got married and had week long honeymoon in paradise all for less than 5k. Others spend tens of thousands on gaudy annoying weddings they saw in rom com movies. Obscene waste of cash, could take an awesome trip to anywhere in world for that. But hey, gotta do what the marketing agencies taught you to do right?