Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Podcasts

So I know I'm late to the game on this one. But I started listening to some podcasts on YouTube to help me sleep at night.

Man, you talk about an incestuous rabbit hole. Basically, every comedian out there has his or her own podcast now. And they run around doing each other's podcast as a guest and then they plug their podcast and then they plug other comedians podcasts it is incredible.

I bet the snarkier comedians probably look at guys who beg them to do their podcast sort of like we used to look at people who begged us to sign their yearbook. Except the podcast last about an hour plus the commute to and from.

I swear to God, every swinging out of work comedian and c-list actor has his or her own podcast. Apparently, they don't derive much income from that the idea is to put butts in seats at their next stand-up gig.

No wonder of the 405 is a shitshow. It's filled with out-of-work actors and comedians driving to and from each other's podcasts.

Check out hardcore history by Dan Carlin. I think you'd find it interesting.

Penetration :first:

Check out hardcore history by Dan Carlin. I think you'd find it interesting.

I also like his "Common Sense" podcast, where he discusses current events. He's moderate, dislikes the 2 party system, and has reasonable discussions without the sensationalism that dominates modern media.

Some podcasts I'm listening to:

Serial - 2 seasons so far. If you're interested in the Bowe Bergdahl story, give Season 2 a listen.

Planet Money - interesting stories centered on economics. Most about 20 mins long.

KCRW Left, Right, and Center - Political podcast that discusses various current events, with representatives from each side of the spectrum.

Around the NFL - 4 writers for NFL.com discuss football. Might be hard to get into because there are so many inside stories and jokes that you may not get unless you've been listening for years.

BBC Documentary - Endless content.

I love the true crime type podcasts. Ture Crime Garage is good, Sword and Scale also a favorite.

At that point, I'm pretty much looking for light stuff.

Like stuff I can doze off for 20 minutes to the sound of the cast, then wake back up.

Jay Mohr did some good stuff with Bill Burr.

Radiolab

Rebel Force Radio

Tim Ferris

Joe Rogan

Mancave Movie Reviews.

I know. Weak ass .

Michio kaku...theoretical physicist

Coast to coast radio... alien abductions, bigfoots and ghosts etc.

1.Wrestling Observer

2.Bruce Prichard something to wrestle with

3.Jim Cornette experience

Are my go to podcasts

My go-tos for my commute:

1) Waking Up with Sam Harris

2) Joe Rogan

3) RadioLab

4) Rebel Scum Radio

5) Common Sense (when Dan gets around to posting one)

and the occasional We The People Live (Josh Zepps)

I was shockingly pleased with Rogan's podcast. I assumed he was just a dumb MMA meathead, but he is open minded, intelligent, centered, and is very good at podcasting. Specifically, he can keep a conversation interesting for 3 hours with one guest, and move seamlessly from topic to topic. I always come out of those with some new understanding of a topic, or at least an in depth perspective of a person that you could never get in a 5 min TV 'interview'.

The only knock I have on it is that there are a group of people that happen to practice Brazilian Ju Jitsu that are always popping up on each other's podcasts as regular rotating guests. It would be nice if he would try more to get new people on rather than recycling his BJJ buddies.

This podcast will change your intellectual life.

econtalk

Listen to all the back episodes. Even the topics you aren't interested in (maybe especially the ones you aren't interested in) are great and really make you think.

http://econtalk.org/

Bill Burr

Hardcore History

Crimetown - hopefully season 2 comes soon

Joe Rogan- only if a guest interests me

Brother Brother Brother

Paula Poundstone just started one. If you like her you'll definitely like her podcast. I know that seems fairly obvious, but like Bill Burr's podcast? I love him as a comedian but just listening to him randomly b**** doesn't do much for me. She keeps it funny.

Fantasy Football Weekly. Starts again Sat 5th. Longest running fantasy football radio show in the country. Paul Charchian is great, plus the format is awesome.

Saturdays on KFAN and can be found on iTunes, etc.

Paula Poundstone just started one. If you like her you'll definitely like her podcast. I know that seems fairly obvious, but like Bill Burr's podcast? I love him as a comedian but just listening to him randomly b**** doesn't do much for me. She keeps it funny.

She talk about raping 14 yr old girls?

:banana: