Sign in to follow this  
Frozenbeernuts

Old grumpy white dudes not allowed

Today is my Friday. Going to the Jerrsey shore for three days. Whoot.

Also seeing Gin Blossoms and Fuel Saturday night.

• Like 1

I have never seen Fuel. Let me know how they are live. Some bands just disappoint, like Soundgarden

How is the Jersey Shore? Do you rent a condo? Spend the majority of time on the beach? Are they clean? Is the water cold? Good food?

How is the Jersey Shore? Do you rent a condo? Spend the majority of time on the beach? Are they clean? Is the water cold? Good food?

we are staying at a nice play. Got a suite with full kitchen. Haven't been to shore this summer, but the Jersey Shore Water is usually cold. There's some great places to eat. The beaches aren't super clean. And the sand is usually hard and pretty pack down. The ocean up here is nothing like it is down there. It's not blue and clear. Kind of grey and murky. I certainly wouldn't get paid as a promotional guru for New Jersey tourism, but it is a nice little getaway and it's only 2 hours from where I live.
  • Like 1

Family seeing them here on LI tonight and other side of family seeing them tomorrow night at Harrahs.

I'm not a Jersey Shore fan. I would say Point Pleasant is the only decent one of them left. LBI was nice back in the 80's.

Montauk beats Jersey Shore hands down.

I'm not a Jersey Shore fan. I would say Point Pleasant is the only decent one of them left. LBI was nice back in the 80's.

Montauk beats Jersey Shore hands down.

I go to North Wildwood most years, still nice. Clean beaches and the boardwalk is family friendly. The restaurants are really hit or miss though.

Is North Wildwood family oriented and Wildwood a party place ? Because I remember Wildwodd being well super wild.

Jealous. Gin Blossoms are one of the top acts from AZ (yeah, we don't have a killer music scene here) and I am a Fuel fan. Enjoy. :cheers:

Is North Wildwood family oriented and Wildwood a party place ? Because I remember Wildwodd being well super wild.

I had the same impression but we started going 5 years ago and North Wildwood is full of nice condos to rent, 2 blocks from the beach and Boardwalk, clean and quiet at night. I have no complaints. With small kids it's great.

Jealous. Gin Blossoms are one of the top acts from AZ (yeah, we don't have a killer music scene here) and I am a Fuel fan. Enjoy. :cheers:

thanks buddy. There are three other acts too. All one hit wonders. Alien Ant Farm, who did the hard rock cover version of Smooth Criminal. Dishwalla, who did Counting Blue Cars. And one other act that I am forgetting about right now.

I had the same impression but we started going 5 years ago and North Wildwood is full of nice condos to rent, 2 blocks from the beach and Boardwalk, clean and quiet at night. I have no complaints. With small kids it's great.

How crowded are the beaches? Do they have private beaches behind the condos or are they mostly public?

thanks buddy. There are three other acts too. All one hit wonders. Alien Ant Farm, who did the hard rock cover version of Smooth Criminal. Dishwalla, who did Counting Blue Cars. And one other act that I am forgetting about right now.

Damn. Gin Blossoms and Fuel would of been a good bill on it's own to sell.

In fact when my family told me about the show they both only mentioned GB and F.

Enjoy.

Good to know. There isn't any fishing boats going out of the Shore is there ??

That's what I love about LI beaches is the fishing boats.

Damn. Gin Blossoms and Fuel would of been a good bill on it's own to sell.

In fact when my family told me about the show they both only mentioned GB and F.

Enjoy.

oh, Marcy Playground is the fifth act. They did that song Sex and Candy

Good to know. There isn't any fishing boats going out of the Shore is there ??

That's what I love about LI beaches is the fishing boats.

No idea on fishing but they probably do. They had boats out there for dolphin watching.

To answer Bunny te beach we were at last week was public and there were people there but it was never crowded. The boardwalk does get pretty busy especially on the weekends though.

I've hit some really bad restaurants though so definitely get good recommendations because eating out is either great or the pits.

No idea on fishing but they probably do. They had boats out there for dolphin watching.

To answer Bunny te beach we were at last week was public and there were people there but it was never crowded. The boardwalk does get pretty busy especially on the weekends though.

I've hit some really bad restaurants though so definitely get good recommendations because eating out is either great or the pits.

Thanks. My daughter may be going there for A few days before school starts with a friends family. We're kind of nervous. Actually, the wifey is nervous. Wish I could go. Have been to every beach in the Gulf, four in the Caribbean, a few in the Atlantic south of N Carolina, many between Huntington Beach and Dana Point, Puerto Rico, and one in Never Never Land. Always wanted to hit north eastern beaches.

Always wanted to hit north eastern beaches.

You had the invitation to meet me in Montauk when you were in NYC !!!

You were a train ride away brother. :cheers:

You had the invitation to meet me in Montauk when you were in NYC !!!

You were a train ride away brother. :cheers:

I was scolded for wanting to have a cup of coffee in Boston via the trains.

When I worked at the expensive foreign private school in Chengdu that wasn't very good but was a great money suck for rich Chinese parents, every day I'd ride past what looked to me some sports stadium or something they were constructing.

Thought it was pretty big but otherwise didn't think much of it.

Turns out what they were building was the world's largest building containing an artificial beach and an artificial sun. You can fit twenty Sydney Opera Houses inside there or three Pentagons. http://www.businessinsider.com/new-century-global-centre-chengdu-china-2012-12

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2013/07/11/201120628/china-unveils-massive-building-with-fake-beach-fake-sun

Who knew?

When I worked at the expensive foreign private school in Chengdu that wasn't very good but was a great money suck for rich Chinese parents, every day I'd ride past what looked to me some sports stadium or something they were constructing.

Thought it was pretty big but otherwise didn't think much of it.

Turns out what they were building was the world's largest building containing an artificial beach and an artificial sun. You can fit twenty Sydney Opera Houses inside there or three Pentagons. http://www.businessinsider.com/new-century-global-centre-chengdu-china-2012-12

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2013/07/11/201120628/china-unveils-massive-building-with-fake-beach-fake-sun

Who knew?

Yeah. And in five years, half the stores will still be vacant. It will be horribly maintained. Seems to be the way they do it.

One of the "ghost cities" is in zhengzhou. Place is still half vacant, and it's been there for a decade now.

I'm told they just build random sh!t that they will need someday just to keep the workers employed and the construction industries humming. Seems like that strategy can't work forever.

Seems like that strategy can't work forever.

Much like a pyramid scheme, you eventually run out of resources. The Chinese are the largest producers of steel in the world the US was their largest consumer. The US then put a moratorium on Chinese Steel. The Chinese did not stop nor slow production. They can't. There is no mechanism to put 50K people out of work in a communist society.

Thanks. My daughter may be going there for A few days before school starts with a friends family. We're kind of nervous. Actually, the wifey is nervous. Wish I could go. Have been to every beach in the Gulf, four in the Caribbean, a few in the Atlantic south of N Carolina, many between Huntington Beach and Dana Point, Puerto Rico, and one in Never Never Land. Always wanted to hit north eastern beaches.

North Wildwood is the more residential / upper scale side. Wildwood doesn't look rough or anything, but it is full of cheap motels. A college aged girl can get herself in trouble but she'll be fine if she does what she'd normally do anywhere there are young guys drinking: don't get hammered, stay in groups, don't drive, don't go anywhere alone with people you don't know etc.

It's no more dangerous than your average college campus.

Yeah. And in five years, half the stores will still be vacant. It will be horribly maintained. Seems to be the way they do it.

One of the "ghost cities" is in zhengzhou. Place is still half vacant, and it's been there for a decade now.

I'm told they just build random sh!t that they will need someday just to keep the workers employed and the construction industries humming. Seems like that strategy can't work forever.

Dubai is like this. The sheer number of building project is staggering. They can't possibly have a use for a fraction of the space. It needs to crumble upon itself eventually.

Please forget not these two quite good ones :headbanger: